Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FedEx Facility Mass Shooting Leaves 8 Dead in Indianapolis

FedEx Facility Mass Shooting Leaves 8 Dead in Indianapolis

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/16/mass-...apolis-8-dead/

Deadly mass shootings in America continue at a demoralizing pace, the latest coming out of a FedEx facility in Indianapolis ... leaving 8 dead and an undetermined number wounded.

The gunman opened fire both outside and inside the facility near the Indianapolis Airport late Thursday night, creating a terrifying scene of people running for cover before the shooter turned the gun on himself and took his own life.

Cops were called to the scene around 11 PM, and say the gunman parked outside, got out of his vehicle and quickly began shooting ... first in the parking lot and then made his way in the building. It happened fast -- 1 to 2 minutes, suggesting he used some sort of semi-automatic weapon.

Along with 8 people killed, there are at least 5 others reportedly hospitalized with injuries from the shooting, including one in critical condition. It appears some of the walking wounded took themselves to a hospital, but the number hasn't been determined.

FedEx says it's "shocked and saddened" by the tragic shooting and loss of its team members, and is sending "heartfelt sympathies" to all of those affected.

Sadly, this type of story is hardly shocking to wake up to in the U.S. anymore -- as disgusting as that sounds -- because there have been deadly mass shootings in more than 20 cities in just the past month, as COVID restrictions subside.

Remember the Boulder, CO shooting that killed 10 people? That was less than a month ago, and there have been a number of others since then ... resulting in families losing loved ones after the world has just gone through a year of widespread death due to the pandemic.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    The country starts opening up and this is what we have to show for it. Bravo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Wait, there was one in Stockton? How did I not know this? It should've been in my local news....

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Wait, there was one in Stockton? How did I not know this? It should've been in my local news....
    No one was killed, so it hardly matters.
    https://www.cbs58.com/news/the-color...days-in-the-us
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    No one was killed, so it hardly matters.
    https://www.cbs58.com/news/the-color...days-in-the-us
    Oh okay, I remember seeing a headline like that, or similar. Honestly, Stockton is notorious for crime so there is always something...and I usually never click on it. Unless it has to do with a Stockton cop, since my cousin is one.

Edited to add: it's not just what I think. I found this:

With a violent crime rate of 1,399 incidents per 100,000 people, Stockton ranks as California’s most dangerous city and the 10th most dangerous in the country.
    https://www.mapquest.com/travel/25-m...he-us-in-2020/
    Last edited by Nic B; 04-16-2021 at 07:43 AM.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I missed the one in Cleveland. My mom brought it up and I had no idea what she was talking about.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

We interrupt the coverage of the shooting of a 13-yr-old boy that interrupted coverage of traffic stop shooting of a 20?yr-old man that interrupted coverage of Derek Chauvin trial for the killing of George Floyd for news of 8 ppl killed at Fedex facility in Indianapolis
    https://twitter.com/JohnEHult/status...85873848229889
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

https://cbs4indy.com/news/police-inv...outhwest-side/

. INDIANAPOLIS – Eight people were killed in a shooting at a FedEx facility on the southwest side of Indianapolis.

Police said the gunman took his own life before officers arrived.

That’s the account Friday via investigators from IMPD and the FBI. The call came in before 11 p.m. Thursday of shots fired at the FedEx Ground facility. While investigators have a good idea who was responsible for the shooting, they declined to make a positive identity.

The preliminary investigation showed the shooter came to the facility, got out of his vehicle, and started “shooting at random” in the parking lot. He then went inside, according to Deputy Chief Craig McCartt.

“What we did find was the suspect came to the facility, he got out of his car and pretty quickly started some random shooting outside the facility,” McCartt said during a Friday morning update. “There was no confrontation, no disturbance, he just randomly started shooting.”

McCartt, based on eyewitness accounts, said the shooting lasted “just a couple minutes.”

After a preliminary search of the grounds inside and out, we have located eight people at the scene with injuries consistent to gunshot wounds. Those eight were pronounced dead here at the scene,” said Officer Genae Cook with IMPD during an overnight news conference.

Eight victims at the scene were pronounced dead. Police did not include the shooter in that toll. Several others wounded in the shooting were transported to area hospitals. There were multiple walk-ins at hospitals, Cook said.

Four people were transported by ambulance, including one in critical condition with gunshot wounds. Three others were transported for other injuries, Cook said, while two victims were treated by medical staff at the scene.

Because of the facility’s proximity to multiple counties, several area hospitals were likely to treat victims.

Police said there was no ongoing threat at this time. They are asking anyone with family members who work at the facility that they have not been able to get in contact with to go to the Holiday Inn Express located at 8555 Stansted Drive.

Chaplains are on scene to assist families, police said. Detectives from IMPD and Indiana State Police were still interviewing victims to get a clearer picture of what happened. They’re asking anyone who left the scene to get help or seek medical treatment to call IMPD or Crime Stoppers to report any information they may have.

“The officers responded, they came in and did their job. A lot of them are trying to face this, because this is a sight that no one should have to see,” Cook said. “But we need to come together, we need to support each other and understand that there are going to be people out there that are going to be emotionally upset, and we need to support them.”

FedEx sent an original statement regarding the shooting saying:

“We are aware of the tragic shooting at our FedEx Ground facility near the Indianapolis airport. Safety is our top priority, and our thoughts are with all those who are affected. We are working to gather more information and are cooperating with investigating authorities.”

Several hours later, the company sent an updated statement:

“We are deeply shocked and saddened by the loss of our team members following the tragic shooting at our FedEx Ground facility in Indianapolis. Our most heartfelt sympathies are with all those affected by this senseless act of violence. The safety of our team members is our top priority, and we are fully cooperating with investigating authorities.”

Indianapolis mayor Joe Hogsett also responded to the shooting:

“This morning, Indianapolis residents are confronted with the horrific news of yet another mass shooting, an act of violence that senselessly claimed the lives of eight of our neighbors. As law enforcement works to learn more about this tragedy, our prayers are with the families of those whose lives were cut short.

Thank you to all of our city’s first responders for their tireless work overnight. Their quick response provided critical aid to those injured in the shooting and brought a measure of calm to an otherwise chaotic scene.

The Indiana State Police says I-70 was closed in both directions between I-465 and Ronald Reagan Pkwy due to police activity in the area. The interstate has since reopened, but there is no access to Ameriplex Parkway from either direction.

Our crew at the scene spoke to one of the victim’s family members, who says his niece was in her car when a gunman started shooting.

“She called as I was asleep at home. She said there was a shooting in the FedEx. So we just drove from Brownsburg,” said Parminder Singh, the uncle of one of the victims.

Singh tells us her daughter did not know who the shooter was.

Another man tells us that his wife works in the facility. She texted him to tell him that there was an active shooter at the facility.

“My wife works in there and she texted me to tell me there’s an active shooter and we communicated back and forth for a while, she’s since notified me she’s okay,” said Ian Johnston. “After I communicated with her for a while, then it went silent for a while, so I came here just to see what was going on and she texted me I’m okay.”

Johnston said you never think something like this might happen, but it always can.

http://<a href="https://www.youtube....G1LjqdaTwM</a>

Suspected gunman in deadly Indianapolis FedEx facility mass shooting was 19-year-old male: report

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...v6e-story.html

The suspected gunman in the deadly FedEx facility mass shooting in Indianapolis has been identified as 19-year-old Brandon Scott Hole, sources told NBC News.

Hole allegedly opened fire with a rifle inside the processing center Thursday night, killing eight people in the latest gun rampage to grip the country.

Police said they were still searching a motive in the senseless slaughter Friday but noted that a “significant” number of staffers at the plant were members of the Sikh community.

The gunman allegedly started shooting people at random in the parking lot and then entered the building to continue his carnage, Indianapolis Police Deputy Chief Craig McCartt of the Indianapolis police said.

The gunman apparently died by suicide shortly before police entered the building, he said.

“There was no confrontation with anyone that was there,” he said. “There was no disturbance, there was no argument. He just appeared to randomly start shooting.”

McCartt said four victims were shot and killed outside the building and the remaining four died inside.

Several other people were wounded in the violence, including five who were taken to the hospital.

CNN said the shooter was known to authorities.

“Authorities were warned about FedEx suspect’s potential for violence in the past, sources say. The suspect in the Indianapolis mass shooting was known to federal and local authorities prior to the attack,” CNN’s Ana Cabrera tweeted Friday.

“A family member of the suspected shooter reached out to authorities warning about the suspect’s potential for violence, according to three law enforcement sources briefed on the matter. It was not clear when the warning was given,” she said in a follow-up tweet.

Can't confirm, but taking bets on this being the guy. If it isn't, it's not a great choice to share their name and keep this up as your profile pic:

ETA: removing facebook because Tantrix is being a snowflake about some gun nut getting his 15 minutes of fame, even if he isn't the gun nut that did the mass shooting THIS TIME
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 04-20-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Can't confirm, but taking bets on this being the guy. If it isn't, it's not a great choice to share their name and keep this up as your profile pic:
    I saw that when I tried searching.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 04-20-2021 at 07:22 PM.

I saw that when I tried searching.
    Apparently his Mom called the police last year claiming that he had a rifle and was suicidal in the back shed. They took him in on a 5150 and took the rifle away. Of COURSE because of current NON common sense gun laws, once he was cleared by those evaluating his mental health, they returned the rifle. Now...... The rifle they confiscated apparently wasn't the one used in the shooting so it's safe to say that he was then allowed to buy weapons after this.

Not saying that it's this kid that I posted, but does that really matter? Because it could be and how are our current laws working out for folks?

I'm SO. FUCKING. ANGRY. right now.

My husband from Ireland is asking how this shit keeps happening and this was my response:

Because we live in a country where the goverment puts Corporations before people. They protect the gun manufacturers and patronize the NRA. They ALSO patronize the Health Insurance folks so that mental health services are FAR FAR. FAR out of reach. Therefore, this will keep happening. Because Corporations are > than the actual people.

What's sick is that they use those SAME PEOPLE'S money to support those SAME CORPORATIONS over the people. Again and again. Rinse and repeat. It's completely FUCKED.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Fucker should have taken himself out and saved all these families the trouble. What a worthless sack of shit.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Marion Co. Coroner?s Office has identified victims of mass shooting at FedEx facility in Indianapolis:

Matthew R. Alexander, 32

Samaria Blackwell, 19

Amarjeet Johal, 66

Jasvinder Kaur, 64

Jaswinder Singh, 68

Amarjit Skhon, 48

Karlie Smith, 19

John Weisert, 74
    https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1383219039565008898

Last edited by up2trouble; 04-18-2021 at 02:42 AM.

I think this was a ground facility which is different than express. There is never a reason to go nuts and kill but do know ground has contractors verses employees and they are treated horribly as well as they bully office employees who "are" employed by Fedex and rarely will something be done to stop it by upper management or HR. Fedex ground is well known for firing people who are nearing retirement and like to target older people to make room for younger, new usually male employee's (depending on management in that particular hub). Have saw this for 20 years and reporting to HR seems to make it worse.

Family of former FedEx employee who fatally shot 8 releases statement

https://www.wishtv.com/news/crime-wa...IwXJ_UO4dh5dMk

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — The family of a 19-year-old, former FedEx employee who fatally shot eight people and injured others on Thursday night before shooting himself released a statement on Saturday, saying they had tried to get the man help and they were sorry for the pain felt by the families of the victims and the entire Indianapolis community.

The family of Brandon Scott Hole said they were “devastated at the loss of life caused as a result of” his actions and apologized for what they called a “senseless tragedy.”

“We are devastated at the loss of life caused as a result of Brandon’s actions; through the love of his family, we tried to get him the help he needed. Our sincerest and most heartfelt apologies go out to the victims of this senseless tragedy. We are so sorry for the pain and hurt being felt by their families and the entire Indianapolis community. The Hole family and its representatives decline all interview requests at this time.”

Hole of Indianapolis fired a rifle minutes after 11 p.m. Thursday in the parking lot and inside the FedEx facility on the southeast side near Indianapolis International Airport, IMPD Deputy Police Chief Craig McCartt said in a news conference Friday.

The FBI revealed Friday afternoon that Hole’s mother had contacted them in March 2020 and feared he would try to commit “suicide by cop,” a term describing a person who intends to provoke a lethal response from a public safety officer.

The FBI statement said that Hole “was placed on an immediate detention mental health temporary hold by the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department. A shotgun was seized at his residence. Based on items observed in the suspect’s bedroom at that time, he was interviewed by the FBI in April 2020. No Racially Motivated Violent Extremism (RMVE) ideology was identified during the course of the assessment and no criminal violation was found. The shotgun was not returned to the suspect.”

A year ago, a gun was seized from Hole in an incident involving IMPD, McCartt said. An IMPD police report from March 3, 2020, says the gun was confiscated from Hole during a mental health check in the same block where investigators on Friday were searching the home associated with Hole.

Hole last worked for FedEx in 2020, McCartt said. He did not know if Hole had been fired from the shipping and delivery company. IMPD shared a photo of Hole from an earlier encounter with the police.

https://wgntv.com/news/police-fedex-...d-in-shooting/

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The former employee who shot and killed eight people at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis legally purchased the two assault rifles used in the attack despite red flag laws designed to prevent that, police said.

A trace of the two guns found by investigators at the scene revealed that suspect Brandon Scott Hole, 19, of Indianapolis, legally bought the rifles in July and September of last year, officials with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said Saturday.

IMPD did not share where Hole bought the guns, citing the ongoing investigation, but said Hole was witnessed using both rifles during the assault.

Deputy Police Chief Craig McCartt said Hole began firing randomly at people in the parking lot of the FedEx facility late Thursday, killing four, before entering the building, fatally shooting four more people and then turning the gun on himself.

Paul Keenan, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Indianapolis field office, has said that agents questioned Hole last year after his mother called police to say that her son might commit “suicide by cop.” He said the FBI was called after items were found in Hole’s bedroom but he did not elaborate on what they were. He said agents found no evidence of a crime and that they did not identify Hole as espousing a racially motivated ideology.

FBI says it interviewed 19-year-old FedEx mass shooter last year
    A police report obtained by The Associated Press shows that officers seized a pump-action shotgun from Hole’s home after responding to the mother’s call. Keenan said the gun was never returned.

Indiana has had a “red flag law” allowing police or courts to seize guns from people who show warning signs of violence since 2005, when it became one of the first states to enact such a law after an Indianapolis police officer was killed by a man whose weapons had to be returned despite hospitalization months earlier for an emergency mental health evaluation.

The law is intended to prevent people from purchasing or possessing a firearm if they are found by a judge to present “an imminent risk” to themselves or others.

Authorities have two weeks after seizing someone’s weapon to argue in court that the person should not be allowed to possess a gun, according to the law. Officials have not said whether a judge made a red flag ruling in Hole’s case.

McCartt said Hole was a former employee of FedEx and last worked for the company in 2020. The deputy police chief said he did not know why Hole left the job or if he had ties to the workers in the facility. He said police have not yet uncovered a motive for the shooting.

Investigators searched a home Friday in Indianapolis associated with Hole and seized evidence, including desktop computers and other electronic media, McCartt said.

US has been wracked with several mass shootings in 2021

Hole’s family said in a statement they are “so sorry for the pain and hurt” his actions caused.

Members of Indianapolis’ tight-knit Sikh community joined with city officials to call for gun reforms Saturday as they mourned the deaths of four Sikhs who were among the eight people killed.

At a vigil attended by more than 200 at an Indianapolis park Saturday evening, Aasees Kaur, who represented the Sikh Coalition, spoke out alongside the city’s mayor and other elected officials to demand action that would prevent such attacks from happening again.

“We must support one another, not just in grief, but in calling our policymakers and elected officials to make meaningful change,” Kaur said. “The time to act is not later, but now. We are far too many tragedies, too late, in doing so.”

The attack was another blow to the Asian American community a month after authorities said six people of Asian descent were killed by a gunman in the Atlanta area and amid ongoing attacks against Asian Americans during the coronavirus pandemic.

About 90% of the workers at the FedEx warehouse near the Indianapolis International Airport are members of the local Sikh community, police said Friday.

Satjeet Kaur, the Sikh Coalition’s executive director, said the entire community was traumatized by the “senseless” violence.

“While we don’t yet know the motive of the shooter, he targeted a facility known to be heavily populated by Sikh employees,” Kaur said.

There are between 8,000 and 10,000 Sikh Americans in Indiana, according to the coalition. Members of the religion, which began in India in the 15th century, began settling in Indiana more than 50 years ago.

The shooting is the deadliest incident of violence collectively in the Sikh community in the U.S. since 2012, when a white supremacist burst into a Sikh temple in Wisconsin and shot 10 people, killing seven.

Hm, I can't tell if that's the same guy as the FB Boston linked...

Hm, I can't tell if that's the same guy as the FB Boston linked...
    It's obviously not, he just happens to be firing a gun in one of his pictures. The link needs to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrix View Post
    It's obviously not, he just happens to be firing a gun in one of his pictures. The link needs to be removed.
    Not really. I stated that I wasn't sure if it was him or not and it's still valid that the dude shares his name and still leaves that profile pic up. I know that if I shared a name with a mass killer that I'd change a profile pic that looks incriminating.

Shocked.

Typical. Even Stevie Wonder could see that coming.

Thread Information