Thread: Teen (Valentina Tomashosky, 17) Dies After Being Electrocuted Escaping Burning Vehicle

Teen (Valentina Tomashosky, 17) Dies After Being Electrocuted Escaping Burning Vehicle

https://toofab.com/2021/04/13/florid...rning-vehicle/

She avoided hitting a tree and managed to escape a fire ' but a third threat lay in wait unseen.

A Florida teen who managed to avoid crashing into a tree downed during a storm was fatally electrocuted after stepping on a fallen power line while trying to escape her burning car.

The freak accident occurred as 17-year-old Valentina Tomashosky was driving through a severe thunderstorm that befell Spring Hill just after noon on Sunday.

According to Florida Highway Patrol, the teen came upon a large tree that had been knocked onto the road by the heavy winds, and managed to swerve around it to avoid a collision.

However, her Dodge Avenger ran over a power line that had also been brought down by the storm. The live wire sparked in the rain water and set fire to the driver's side of the car.

Tomashosky climbed over to the passenger side to escape, but as she exited the vehicle she stepped on the cable, fatally electrocuting her. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

A neighbor who saw the tragic accident unfold told ABC Action News she heard a loud pop, before the whole driver's side became engulfed in flames.

"So, even when the police arrived, they couldn't get out of the vehicle because the power was still live' so, it was devastating to watch," she said.

Emergency crews had to turn off the electricity to the whole community for hours before they could begin to remove the wire and tree from the road.

"I think that most likely led to a panic on her part, which it would with anybody, and she probably had no concept or clue what was waiting for her on the other side of that door when she got out," Sgt. Steve Gaskins told WFLA.

"Val" was a senior Central High School in Brooksville, and was due to graduate in June. She was also a cadet lieutenant in the Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps at her school.

"Val was not only an outstanding student but was a respected leader of our unit and was part of our Unarmed Exhibition team," Commander Christian Cruz told the broadcaster in a statement. "To the cadets of Delta Company, she was a mentor and a friend."

"Valentina was admired for her dedication to the unit but she was loved most for her joyful spirit and her ever-present smile. Her loss is deeply felt and she will be missed."

We had really bad storms here on Sunday, with lots of lighting, wind and golf ball size hail. I am sure she didn't have a lot of experience driving in that. Hell, even for someone that did have a lot of experience that would be scary. RIP Valentina.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Why can't shit like this happen to those who inhabit the fringes of society? The criminals, thugs, dealers, traffickers and fucktard loser asshole degenerates?

Why does it always seem to happen to those who aren't asking for it?

Never mind. I already know the answer.

Rest In Paradise, Valentina.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Now THIS is some Final Destination shit.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

RIP Val.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    My thought exactly! She didn't stand a chance. Her choices were to burn to death or get electrocuted. I suppose she could have continued to drive the car on fire away from the live wire to exit the vehicle, but she probably wasn't even aware that that was why her car caught on fire in the first place.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information