Thread: Ex Jet Phillip Adams killed James Lewis (39), Robert Shook (38), Dr. Robert Lesslie (70) & his wife Barbara Lesslie, (69), & their two grandchildren before killing himself

Ex Jet Phillip Adams killed James Lewis (39), Robert Shook (38), Dr. Robert Lesslie (70) & his wife Barbara Lesslie, (69), & their two grandchildren before killing himself

https://www.facebook.com/RobertDLesslie/

https://www.facebook.com/robert.lesslie.5

https://www.facebook.com/barbara.lesslie.31

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ycm-story.html

A doctor, his wife and two young grandchildren were among the five people found dead in a South Carolina house Wednesday afternoon.

York County Sheriff's officers responded to a Rock Hill home just before 5 p.m. after reports of a shooting and found the five victims, officials announced overnight.

Dr. Robert Lesslie, 70, his wife, Barbara Lesslie, 69, and their two grandchildren, 9-year-old Adah and 5-year-old Noah, were all confirmed dead from gunshot wounds, as well as 39-year-old James Lewis, who had been working at the house at the time of the shooting.

A sixth person was also injured and hospitalized.

Robert Lesslie has been practicing in Rock Hill since 1981, according to his bio page at Riverview House Calls & Riverview Hospice and Palliative Care, which he founded.

He and Barbara lived in Rock Hill with 'their golden retriever, Moses, several miniature horses, goats, donkeys, chickens and a lot of bees,' according to the description.

The couple had four adult children and nine grandchildren.

'I've lived in Rock Hill my whole life and Dr. Lesslie was my doctor,' York County Sheriff spokesman Trent Faris said during a press briefing. 'A lot of people know Dr. Lesslie.'

Police said a suspect was found at a nearby house around 1 a.m. Thursday after an eight-hour manhunt, but it's unclear if that is the same young Black man sought in initial descriptions.

The suspect has not been publicly identified yet, but Faris said he 'lives on the same road' as the Lesslies. A search warrant was being served on his house.

Officials said there is no current active threat in the community.

All five deaths are being investigated as homicides.

'We are all shocked this could happen here in York County,' Faris said. 'This is a mass shooting. Normally you think of a movie theater or a mall but we are treating this as a mass shooting because there were five victims killed.'

That guy looks like the old guy Gretchen was engaged to on Real Housewives.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Former Jets player Phillip Adams kills 5, including 2 kids, then himself in South Carolina mass shooting

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ycm-story.html

Former Jets cornerback Phillip Adams reportedly killed a doctor, his wife and their two young grandchildren, then himself Wednesday evening in South Carolina.

York County Sheriff’s officers responded to a Rock Hill home just before 5 p.m. after reports of a shooting and found the five victims, officials announced overnight.

Dr. Robert Lesslie, 70, his wife, Barbara Lesslie, 69, and their two grandchildren, 9-year-old Adah and 5-year-old Noah, were all confirmed dead from gunshot wounds, as well as 39-year-old James Lewis, who had been working at the house at the time of the shooting.

A sixth person was also injured and hospitalized.

Robert Lesslie has been practicing in Rock Hill since 1981, according to his bio page at Riverview House Calls & Riverview Hospice and Palliative Care, which he founded.

He and Barbara lived in Rock Hill with “their golden retriever, Moses, several miniature horses, goats, donkeys, chickens and a lot of bees,” according to the description.

The couple had four adult children and nine grandchildren.

“I’ve lived in Rock Hill my whole life and Dr. Lesslie was my doctor,” York County Sheriff spokesman Trent Faris said during a press briefing. “A lot of people know Dr. Lesslie.”

Police said a suspect was found at a nearby house around 1 a.m. Thursday after an eight-hour manhunt, but have not publicly confirmed that it was Adams.

Faris said the suspect “lives on the same road” as the Lesslies. A search warrant was being served on his house.

A source told the Associated Press that Adams’ parents lived in the neighborhood and that Adams himself had been treated by Lesslie.

Adams reportedly shot himself just after midnight.

The 32-year-old cornerback spent six seasons in the NFL with the Atlanta Falcons, New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers after being drafted out of South Carolina State University. He appeared in 12 games with the Jets in 2014.

Officials said there is no current active threat in the community.

All five deaths are being investigated as homicides.

“We are all shocked this could happen here in York County,” Faris said. “This is a mass shooting. Normally you think of a movie theater or a mall but we are treating this as a mass shooting because there were five victims killed.”

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/08/south...phillip-adams/

According to the reports, there was a prior connection between Adams and the victims -- the football player's parents live in the area and Phillip had reportedly been previously treated by Dr. Robert Lesslie.
    Before I found this, I was wondering if the doctor had cut him off due to addiction issues with painkillers.

7:33 AM PT -- The father of Phillip Adams spoke out about the situation Thursday morning -- telling WCNC his son was a "good kid" until "football messed him up."
    I'm going to guess they are going to blame this on some sort of head injury.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I'm going to guess they are going to blame this on some sort of head injury.
    Possibly, I never think about CTE. I was going with physical injuries from being banged up on the field.

https://twitter.com/thestate/status/1380162224141000716

Authorities named Phillip Adams as the suspect and say he killed himself while surrounded by police after a manhunt. He was a star at Rock Hill High School.

Last edited by puzzld; 04-08-2021 at 09:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Ex-NFL player Phillip Adams reportedly had his medication taken away before killing spree

https://nypost.com/2021/04/08/ex-nfl...killing-spree/

The former NFL player who gunned down five people in South Carolina on Wednesday, including a doctor and his family, reportedly had his medication taken away by the victim before his killing spree.

The potential motive behind the bloodshed carried out by Phillip Adams was revealed Thursday by South Carolina Rep. Ralph Norman in an interview with WBTV reporter Alex Giles. Norman was close friends with the doctor, Robert Lesslie, and his family.

“My understanding [is] he was treating him, and had, from my understanding, stopped giving him medicine, and that’s what triggered the killings,” Norman said, citing law enforcement.

Adams, 32, forced his way into Lesslie’s home, killing the 70-year-old doctor, his wife and their two grandchildren.

The former defensive back also shot two air-conditioning contractors outside the doctor’s home, killing one, before turning the gun on himself.

Adams, whose six-year NFL career was marred by injuries, including concussions, was described by his agent as somewhat of a loner who refused to heed the medical advice offered to him.

“We encouraged him to explore all of his disability options and he wouldn’t do it,” agent Scott Casterline told the Associated Press.

“I knew he was hurting and missing football but he wouldn’t take health tips offered to him. “I felt he was lost without football, somewhat depressed,” Casterline said.

Still, Casterline expressed shock over Wednesday’s bloodshed and noted his former client did not drink or do drugs.

“This is so unlike him. He had to not be in his right mind, obviously,” Casterline told the news service.

Adams last played in the NFL for the Atlanta Falcons in 2015.

Before the coronavirus pandemic, he opened a smoothie shop, according to Cowboys cornerback Kevin Smith, who trained Adams.

up2trouble called it!

Brain of S.C. shooting suspect and ex-NFL player Phillip Adams to be tested for CTE

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...kky-story.html

His brain will be examined for chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), the Associated Press reported. Adams’ family agreed to the tests, which will be conducted at the Medical University of South Carolina with assistance from Boston University, the premier institution for studying the disease.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    While CTE is obviously no fucking excuse to go and murder a bunch of people, I'm betting it played a huge factor here. I went to school with someone whose father used to be in the NFL and was this awesome father and family man and then just....was not at all himself for the last few years of his life. He became an aggressive alcoholic, couldn't do anything, sat in dark rooms all the time, and then died from the alcohol abuse. He had left a brochure on his desk about donating brains to research this so his family did it and he had some advanced CTE.

This is a long but good read about him: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...rsquos-trauma/

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

6th victim dies after South Carolina mass shooting

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...vau-story.html

A sixth victim has died following the South Carolina mass shooting where an ex-NFL player is suspected of killing four members of a family and two repair technicians.

Robert Shook, 38, was shot alongside his co-worker James Lewis on Wednesday in Rock Hill, S.C. Former New York Jets cornerback Phillip Adams is suspected of killing two grandparents, their two grandchildren and the two air conditioning workers.

Adams later died by suicide.

Investigators suspect ex-NFL player who killed 6 people in South Carolina shooting may have been following obscure new religion

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lcm-story.html

A former NFL player who fatally shot six people April 7 in South Carolina could have been following a mysterious new religion, according to investigators.

Phillip Adams, 32, killed six people in Rock Hill, S.C., before he died by suicide as police closed in.

Cops later found multiple notebooks with “cryptic writing with different designs and emblems” in his bedroom, according to search warrants released Friday by the York County Sheriff’s Office.

Adams’ sister told USA Today that her brother didn’t mention anything about a new ideology.

“He would just say that God’s got us,” Lauren Adams said.

Investigators said they learned Adams had been acting differently in the weeks prior to the shooting.

Adams’ family said he was battling mental health problems. His brain will be tested for CTE, a disease common among ex-football players that can lead to severe mood swings and other mental health issues.

Police say Adams killed Dr. Robert Lesslie, 70, his wife, Barbara Lesslie, 69, their two grandchildren, 9-year-old Adah and 5-year-old Noah, and two air conditioning technicians: James Lewis, 39, and Robert Shook, 38.

Cops connected Adams to the shooting because he left his cellphone at the scene, according to the search warrants. Investigators also found several guns in the home where Adams lived with his parents.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I'm not having any more kids but I do know if I ever had a child that wanted to play football, it would be a no from me.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Thread Information