Thread: 'Bad Girls Club' actress Deshayla 'Shay' Harris (29) & Donovon Lynch (25) killed in a mass shooting in Virginia Beach

'Bad Girls Club' actress Deshayla 'Shay' Harris (29) & Donovon Lynch (25) killed in a mass shooting in Virginia Beach

https://nypost.com/2021/03/27/multip...irginia-beach/

At least nine people were shot ' two of them fatally ' at the crowded oceanfront in Virginia Beach late Friday night, local police said.

The Virginia Beach Police Department had several suspects in custody early Saturday, according to the Norfolk-based station 13NewsNow.

One of the fatalities was a person shot by the police at 20th Street and Pacific Avenue ' a block from the main shooting location on Atlantic Avenue, the station tweeted.

Additionally, one police officer was struck by a car at the scene, and had to be taken to the hospital; the officer is expected to live, the station said.

'What you can see is we had a very chaotic incident ' a very chaotic night at the beach,' Police Chief Paul Neudigate told reporters Saturday morning.

The shooting happened primarily at two locations a block apart at just before 11:30 p.m. Friday, the station tweeted.

But one of the victims was shot at still another nearby location. 'Many different crime scenes,' the police chief said.

'We have several people who were stopped,' he said of the suspects in custody.

'We'll be working this all night,' he added. 'A lot of work ahead of us tonight.'

https://www.wric.com/news/2-dead-8-o...ch-oceanfront/

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police confirm there are two people dead and numerous others injured after multiple shootings — one of which was officer-involved — at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront Friday night.

Police Chief Paul Neudigate said the preliminary count for the number of people shot is 10: A “male” was killed by police, a woman died from other gunfire, and eight were injured.

The eight people’s injuries range from serious to life-threatening.

Neudigate said police officers on patrol responded to an initial shooting at 20th Street and Atlantic Avenue. Dispatchers said the calls came in around 11:20 p.m. EST. Neudigate said numerous shots were fired and eight people were injured.

As officers were actively working that scene, there were additional shots nearby, in the area of 20th Street and Pacific Avenue. Police responded to that gunfire, which led to an “individual being confronted by a uniformed Virginia Beach police officer, resulting in a police intervention shooting.”

That person, a male of an unidentified age, was shot and killed by the officer, Neudigate said.

A second person, a woman who wasn’t part of the officer-involved shooting — and not believed to be a part of the original shooting incident at 20th Street and Atlantic Avenue — was also shot and killed Friday night. She died at the scene.

Police said there is no suspect information in that shooting.

The chief also said an officer was struck by a car and taken to a hospital during the department’s response at the Oceanfront. The officer’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.

Chopper 10 flew over the resort area early Saturday morning and located several active police scenes.

“What you can see is we have a very chaotic incident, a very chaotic night in the Beach,” Neudigate said. “Many different crime scenes.”

WAVY News 10’s Brett Hall went to Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital, where he found some family members and loved ones waiting in the parking lot, desperate to get information.

One man said his cousin had been shot. He said the hospital wouldn’t confirm if his cousin was even a patient there.

Sentara spokesperson Dale Gauding said six of the victims were taken to Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital, one went to Sentara Princess Anne Hospital (that person has since been discharged) and one to the trauma center at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. Gauding said another two people walked into Sentara Virginia Beach General with injuries related to the incident.

Police said officers were working the scenes in the area between 17th and 22nd streets. Police asked people to avoid the area as they investigated.

Neudigate said that the Oceanfront scene was “stable” when he spoke briefly with the media around 1:45 a.m.

WAVY News 10 crews at the Oceanfront saw Virginia Beach police detaining multiple people around 1:30 a.m. The reason for their detention was not immediately clear.

Neudigate said police had multiple people who were in custody, but their involvement in the incident wasn’t completely clear at that time.

The investigation into the officer-involved shooting will be conducted by the Virginia Beach Police Departments Detective Bureau, the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney, and the Virginia Beach Police Department’s Office of Internal Affairs. The officer involved will be placed on administrative assignment pending the outcome of the investigation, which is standard procedure.

The involved officer is assigned to the Special Operations Division and has been with the department for five years, police said.
    Traffic cameras at the Oceanfront showed a large police presence and multiple roads blocked off. At least one ambulance could also be seen from the cameras.

VDOT Hampton Roads tweeted information saying that police activity had closed all eastbound travel lanes near mile-marker 25 on Interstate 264. That initial notice was put out around 12:20 a.m.

All eastbound lanes on I-264 at mile-marker 23.2 — First Colonial Road north at Exit 21B — in Virginia Beach and the entrance ramp were also closed as of 12:40 a.m. and remained closed until just after 5 a.m.

Police said more information would be released as it becomes available.

Stay with WAVY.com for updates.

Wait Virginia Beach has been through multiple mass shootings in its history.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...nicipal+center

Apparently we did a thread of a previous mass shooting in Virginia Beach and in 2019 it was at city hall in that report.

‘Bad Girls Club’ star killed in Virginia Beach shooting

https://www.facebook.com/deshayla.harris.52

https://nypost.com/2021/03/27/bad-gi...each-shooting/

One of the stars of the reality show “Bad Girls Club” was killed in a Virginia Beach melee.

Deshayla “Shay” Harris, 29, of Norfolk, Virginia, was gunned down in a series of shootings that left eight people wounded and a suspected gunman dead.

Harris posted video of herself on Instagram hours before the shooting, which took place after 11:30 p.m. Friday in the Oceanfront section of the resort city.

“I’m only doing s**t that’s gonna make me elevate!” said her last post, alongside a clip of her in a T-shirt and shorts at what appears to be a bar. Comments wishing that she rest in peace were posted Saturday morning.

Her sister, Tashara “Shani” Harris, posted a lament on Facebook early Saturday, calling Shay the person who told her she loved her every day.

Harris’ sister texted her every morning, the sister’s wrote.

“I didn’t get a txt from you this morning, you broke my heart Deshayla Shay Harris, why you leave us like this? My heart hurt so bad.”

Harris’s killing took place amidst a night of violence in Virginia Beach, which began when a fight broke out and someone opened fire, leaving multiple people shot, Virginia Beach Police said in a statement.

While police were investigating the initial shooting scene, they heard more shots ring out several blocks away and discovered one woman was hit.

“The adult female victim in this shooting succumbed to her injuries at the scene,” police said in their statement. “It is not currently believed this shooting incident is currently related to the initial incident.”

A police spokeswoman said she had no further details and could not confirm whether Harris was a bystander.

An officer near the second location shot an armed man, who died at the scene.

Harris appeared in the 17th and final season of Oxygen’s “Bad Girls Club” in 2017. Nicknamed “The Firecracker Fashionista,” she was part of the winning “East Coast” team.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 03-27-2021 at 04:16 PM.

Two people were killed and at least eight injured in Virginia Beach shootings

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/27/us/vi...ngs/index.html

Nearby, a uniformed VBPD officer "encountered an armed citizen which resulted in a police involved shooting," according to the press release. A man identified Saturday as Donovon Lynch, 25, died from his injuries at the scene, police said.

At some point while all of this was going on, a VBPD officer was hit by a vehicle, according to the release. The officer has been treated and released from a nearby hospital.

Police said 10 people were injured by gunfire, including the two who died. Local hospitals in the Virginia Beach area received 10 victims of the multiple shootings but it is unclear if these included injured people who were not shot.

Police said the officer involved in the man's fatal shooting is being placed on administrative assignment during an investigation, which the release said is standard procedure.

No one died at the scene of the first shooting, on Atlantic Avenue, but three people were arrested and charged with seven counts of felonious assault, police said.

Police say more officers are being assigned to the Oceanfront Resort Area through the remainder of the weekend. The VBPD says it is working to determine if the three shooting scenes are related.

Bad Girl's Club, this show was my guilty pleasure back in the day! I wonder what season she was on, doesn't look familiar to me...

Now I wish I could re-watch some of these episodes!

Edited to add: I see she was in the final season, which I never watched. I had no idea it was on for 17 seasons!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Pharrell’s cousin killed by police amid Virginia Beach mass shooting chaos

https://nypost.com/2021/03/29/pharre...hooting-chaos/

The 25-year-old man who was shot dead by police during a Friday night melee in Virginia Beach was a cousin of Pharrell Williams, the musician said.

Donovan Lynch, of Virginia Beach, 25, was shot and killed by a uniformed police officer a block away from a shooting that injured eight people.

Police said Lynch was armed and may have been part of the original fight.

Pharrell, who is a Virginia Beach native, tweeted the news Monday.

“The loss of these lives is a tragedy beyond measure. My cousin Donovon was killed during the shootings,” the 13-time Grammy-winning singer, songwriter and producer tweeted.

“It is critical my family and the other victims’ families get the transparency they deserve. VA Beach is the epitome of hope and we will get through this,” the post continued.

The cop who fatally shot Lynch is a five-year veteran of Virginia Beach Police who worked in the department’s Special Operations Division.

In the aftermath of the incident, police were vague on details, saying cops “encountered an armed citizen which resulted in a police involved shooting.”

The incident is under investigation, authorities said.

Another shooting at the scene of Lynch’s killing during the chaotic night claimed the life of “Bad Girls Club” star Deshayla “Shay” Harris, 29.

Three men are in custody in connection with the initial gunfight that left eight wounded.

An officer was struck by a car in a third violent incident that night in the beachside community.

Three charged in Virginia Beach shooting that wounded 8

https://nypost.com/2021/03/27/three-...hat-wounded-8/

Three young men were slapped with a series of gun and assault charges after a gunfight erupted in Virginia Beach, leaving eight people wounded.

The melee was one of three separate incidents that also left two people dead.

The chaotic night began around 11:30 p.m. Friday when a fight broke out in a crowd on the main strip in the oceanfront resort city. Multiple shots were fired, and police arrived to find eight people with gunshot wounds, some critically hurt.

Ahmon Jaree Adams, 22, of Chesapeake, Virginia, and Nyquez Tyyon Baker, 18, and Devon Maurice Dorsey Jr., 20, both of Virginia Beach, were arrested in the incident. They were charged with seven counts of felonious assault, use of a firearm in commission of a felony and reckless handling of a firearm.

The wounded were treated at area hospitals, some were fighting to survive while others were in stable condition.

The incident was followed by a second shooting a few blocks away that killed an innocent bystander, Deshayla “Shay” Harris, 29, of Norfolk.

Harris was a start of the final season of “Bad Girls Club” on the Oxygen Network in 2017.

At that scene, Donovan W. Lynch, of Virginia Beach, 25, who was armed and may have been a part of the original fight, was shot and killed by a uniformed police officer.

Police did not say what sparked the gunfire, only that the officer “encountered an armed citizen which resulted in a police involved shooting.”

The officer involved in the shooting is a five-year veteran of Virginia Beach Police who worked in the department’s Special Operations Division. The incident is under investigation, authorities said.

A third crime scene nearby saw a police officer get hit by a car. The officer was treated and released from an area hospital Saturday.

Thread Information