Thread: Man cries toxic workplace, boss dumps 91,515 oiled pennies as final paycheck

Man cries toxic workplace, boss dumps 91,515 oiled pennies as final paycheck

https://aokwalker.com/

https://www.facebook.com/aokwalker/

https://www.facebook.com/andreas.flaten.10

https://nypost.com/2021/03/25/man-cr...s-final-check/

A bad penny always turns up, but for one Georgia man, it was 91,515 of them.

Andreas Flaten left his job at A OK Walker Autoworks in Peachtree City in November, but getting his last paycheck wasn't easy, Flaten told local media, and even called the Georgia Department of Labor.

Finally, on March 12, his $915 in wages arrived at his home in Fayetteville ' more specifically, his driveway, in the form of tens of thousands of pennies.

Adding insult to the already-toxic environment, the approximately 500 pounds of pennies had also been greased-up with motor oil, a toxic, groundwater contaminant.

The dump also came with a note reading, simply, 'f - - k you.'

The situation garnered attention when Flaten's girlfriend Olivia Oxley shared a video of the penny pile in an Instagram post in which she describes the circumstances of her partner's departure, including the detail that he had allegedly given 'a written resignation letter' with two weeks notice.

'That 2 weeks turned into 5 days,' she alleged, owing to Walker's harassment. 'Miles Walker of A OK Walker Autoworks continued to be the a ' ' hole he is and make a normal workday hell, making unnecessary comments about my boyfriends daughter and just be an all around d ' ' k.'

Oxley was also dismayed at his dedication to the prank, which required him to haul a quarter of a ton of coin. 'I mean ' couldn't he have just pissed on the check or something'' she wrote.

In an interview with CBS46 in Atlanta, Flaten claimed that his former manager of the 'toxic' work environment was known for harassing his workers, including one former employee who claims the boss once de-pantsed him in front of their colleagues.

When reporter Jamie Kennedy tracked down the maniacal mechanic, he brushed it off.

'Get the f - - k off my property. And know that if somebody goes to the extent to do that kind of deal, there's a motivating factor,' said the bitter boss.

'It doesn't matter ' he got paid, that's all that matters. He's a f - - kin weenie for even bringing it up,' he added.

'This is a childish thing to do,' Flaten later told Fox5. 'I think that's going to be a lot of work for money I've already worked for.'

According to a Times investigation of the bizarre feud, Flaten had decided to leave his position at A OK as he and his manager were in a dispute over his schedule, which required a hard-stop time in order to pick up his child from daycare. After continually ignoring that promise, as well as a number of other heated exchanges in between, he told the Times, he tendered his resignation.

Despite the negative publicity, including a recent flurry of one-star reviews on Yelp, a receptionist at the auto shop told a Times reporter that business had been booming.

Meanwhile, Flaten and Oxley are still making their way through a wheelbarrow of copper coin, cleaning each 1-cent piece by hand with an old rag. It takes about two hours to polish $5 worth.

And there isn't a thing they can do, according to US Department of Labor spokesperson Eric R. Lucero, who told the Times, 'There is nothing in the regulations that dictates in what currency the employee must be paid.'
    Last edited by up2trouble; 03-26-2021 at 12:07 AM.

Daycares charge if you're late. I hope the poor guy finds a rare penny that's worth a lot. What a dickhead ex-boss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

That must've been a lot of work to count that out.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Georgia man who was paid in 91,000 greasy pennies saved from ‘coinundrum’ by Coinstar

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...=chartbeat-flt

The guy who was last seen scraping gunk off 91,000 pennies in his garage has been saved from a mean-spirited prank – on April Fools’ Day, no less.

While the final “paycheck” Andreas Flaten received from his former boss – a pile of sticky, greasy, filthy pennies dumped in his driveway, along with an expletive scrawled on an envelope – might have seemed like a sick joke, the traditional trickster day turned out to be his salvation, thanks to machine-counting company Coinstar.

The Peachtree City, Georgia, man is finally free of his “coinundrum,” The Associated Press reported.

The Washington State-based Coinstar, known for its national network of 18,000 coin-counting-machine kiosks, swooped in on Thursday to pick up the oily, dirty pennies that had been dumped in Flaten’s driveway last week. The company will clean the pennies and return them to circulation.

In return, they not only gave Flaten $1,000 in cold, hard, and yes, clean cash, but also donated $1,000 to two local charities of his choice. Two Atlanta-area animal shelters will be the lucky recipients.

“It was a shock and frustrating to be paid in this manner, and it was an extra burden that the pennies were covered with an oily substance,” Flaten said in a joint statement with the company. “I was spending an hour or two a night trying to clean the pennies and probably only cleaned off about $5 worth. I was so relieved and grateful that Coinstar agreed to help me.”

Flaten’s posts about his predicament went viral on social media, especially when he revealed that hours of scrubbing penny-by-penny had only yielded about $5. The coins had been sitting in a wheelbarrow in his garage, so heavy that they flattened the tires.

“When we heard about Mr. Flaten’s penny problem, we were happy to offer our assistance,” said Coinstar CEO Jim Gaherity in the statement. “Coinstar has been in the coin business for 30 years, and we process approximately 41 billion coins annually – so picking up 91,000 pennies was all in a day’s work.”

Thread Information