View Poll Results: What do you want done with your body after you die?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular burial

1 8.33%
  • cremation

8 66.67%
  • green burial

0 0%
  • other (explain in post)

3 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do you want done with your body after you die?

I want my body burned and scattered in the courtyard of my house!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexFord View Post
    I want my body burned and scattered in the courtyard of my house!
    Welcome new person! You snuck right in here

Welcome to the madness, stick around for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I really can't decide.

Cremation is an option, sure. But it'll just be me sans my organs, cuz they need to be utilized by others..minus the kidney that they took last year.

I'd love to become a tree, too, but not if that shit's too expensive. Maybe just mix my ashes with an acorn and bury me so that I'll live on that way.

Hell, as for an afterlife, I'd love to just go around brutalizing those who deserve it, teaching lessons to those who need it, and keeping the good people of the world safe from

those who would wish to harm them.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

This is an interesting article about https://beside.media/village/a-death...=pocket-newtab

A Death Full of Life-If they’re not simply abandoned, they are accused of wastefulness and pollution: cemeteries have a hard life in our current times. And yet, they can play an essential role — on both the environmental and human levels — for those who are still living.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I don't know, but if they don't come vote I am going to decide for them what happens with their body after they die.

Don't tell me this is too morbid of a subject peeps, you're on MDS!
    I'm gonna bump this thread just because I'm a-scared of you!

This is an interesting article about https://beside.media/village/a-death...=pocket-newtab

A Death Full of Life-If they?re not simply abandoned, they are accused of wastefulness and pollution: cemeteries have a hard life in our current times. And yet, they can play an essential role ? on both the environmental and human levels ? for those who are still living.
    Interesting article. I've been a death hag since early childhood. I literally grew up in a small Catholic cemetery on a dead end road half a block from our house. There were four houses on our dirt road, and 17 children between the ages of toddler and 15 years. Over half of us were related. We called ourselves The Walnut Street Gang (in a Little Rascals kinda way, not in a Latin Kings kinda way) and we even had an annual "Miss Walnut Street Pageant!" They were different times, we played in that cemetery every single day of our formative years. Tag (the crucifix in the center of the cemetery was always "safe" of course!), hide and seek, huckle-buckle bean stalk, Marco Polo (great fun with headstones, ended with stitches more than once!), and my favorite - school. The older kids would pick a well-defined grave and adopt the name on the headstone as their teacher name (I preferred "Mrs. Christy" because the stone was very fancy and it was a big, family plot - ). The younger kids would be the students and we would teach lessons and change classes and send kids to the principals office (the crucifix again, naturally!). It was great fun and I have incredibly warm feelings about cemeteries in general, and that one in particular. My Mom still lives in that house, and every time we visit, I walk down to the cemetery every single day to stroll among the familiar stones. There are new ones too - my father, my first love, my neighborhood parents-by-proxy, people I went to school with, and several people who played in this cemetery with me when we thought our lives stretched endlessly in front of us. I recently had a ladies lunch with six of the old gang and the topic of the cemetery came up. I was shocked to learn that four of us visit it every day we are in town visiting our parents. So strong is the draw.

So yeah. When I die, my brain goes to a hospital in Massachusetts to be studied, any salvageable organs are up for grabs or study or teaching or whatever, and when they're all done with me, I want what's left to be buried in that little cemetery where I grew up - in a plain wooden box, but with a gi-NORMOUS Beetlejuice-style headstone that can be seen from the road!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

KimT was in a GANG!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

KimT was in a GANG!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
    Do you believe it?! Complete with ride-by water pistol shootings on rusty Schwinns!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Do you believe it?! Complete with ride-by water pistol shootings on rusty Schwinns!
    Pew pew pew!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I thought this would work.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/no...eb5ede82&ei=71

'No reason to be scared': Why some are turning to 'death doulas' as the end approaches

'No reason to be scared': Why some are turning to 'death doulas' as the end approaches
    What an amazing article! I actually never knew that cremation was so harmful to the environment. My options are limited in Ireland as I don't think that water cremation is a thing here yet. I definitely don't want to be embalmed and buried at all. I would prefer to be cremated and scattered, however if water cremation becomes available and affordable here, I'll definitely opt for that.

I wouldn't mind being a death doula, but I think that it would be too emotionally taxing on me. I mean, we openly talk about death here and I think that's a healthy thing, but being an Empath means that I would be absorbing all of that sad energy around the families even if the person that is dying isn't upset at the thought. So I think I'll pass. I wouldn't really need a death doula myself, I think. I kind of already have a healthy attitude towards death and my family are aware of my wishes. I do think this is an amazing process though and I encourage it to become more popular.

We ALL will die at some point. I will never understand why people don't view it in a healthy way and avoid the discussion.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

I am 100000% for death doulas. Our society fears death, which has always bothered me.

A friend of mine is a death/grief doula. She has an amazing knack for helping people manage grief. She became one after losing twins one week apart, her only biological children.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    A friend of mine is a death/grief doula. She has an amazing knack for helping people manage grief. She became one after losing twins one week apart, her only biological children.
    It is wonderful she is able to help others with grief. How sad about losing her twins.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    That both makes me happy and sad.

My brother and I talked about this several months ago. We came up with the idea that instead of a funeral we wanted our immediate families to have an adventure of a lifetime. No funerals or any formality. Basically a road trip for our kids to take together, going to sprinkle ashes at all the destinations that held meaning to us during our lifetime. Nothing fancy just places we all had fun together.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    My brother and I talked about this several months ago. We came up with the idea that instead of a funeral we wanted our immediate families to have an adventure of a lifetime. No funerals or any formality. Basically a road trip for our kids to take together, going to sprinkle ashes at all the destinations that held meaning to us during our lifetime. Nothing fancy just places we all had fun together.
    Thats different and interesting. Where would a few of those places be? What would be the top 3 places?

I love that!

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Thats different and interesting. Where would a few of those places be? What would be the top 3 places?
    My main request is to a NC beach where we all went together. St. Charles Street in New Orleans during a Mardi Gras parade. Fishing in the Calcasieu River in Louisiana.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

My main request is to a NC beach where we all went together. St. Charles Street in New Orleans during a Mardi Gras parade. Fishing in the Calcasieu River in Louisiana.
    Cool yo. I have two places, the beach in Atlantic City NJ....that beach has special memories for us. And anywhere in Zion national park, my favorite place on the planet.

how did I never reply to this.

Honestly, I don't care. but if the Mr had a wishes and if (hypothetically) his wishes were to be cremated and allowed to go over some huge falls of water near us, in a small barrel, I suppose I'd hypothetically want the same. Not saying anyone would do such a thing but if I were to do that for him I hope I'd be able to located a large falls of water near us and I'd hope I could find a small barrel on my shelf in my basement. But I'd never ever do such a thing because it might not be legal. And I am, as you know, all about law and order.

I got the exciting task of my folks ashes. Dad died first and waited in his box on a shelf in my spare room. When Mom passed she and her box went on the same shelf and I attempted to get my brother to scatter them w/ me. After he chose to pretend he wasn't hearing my requests we took our canoe out onto the small lake we once had a cottage on and w/ the new owners permission we took mom and dad out into the middle and liberated them from their holders. It was a quit October day, their anniversary but that part wasn't planned, just one of those coinkydinkys. We were the only people on the lake, there was no wind, and two ducks (or geese) flew over and landed near us. It was the best moment for my folks so I hope someone finds the best moment for me.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    how did I never reply to this.

Honestly, I don't care. but if the Mr had a wishes and if (hypothetically) his wishes were to be cremated and allowed to go over some huge falls of water near us, in a small barrel, I suppose I'd hypothetically want the same. Not saying anyone would do such a thing but if I were to do that for him I hope I'd be able to located a large falls of water near us and I'd hope I could find a small barrel on my shelf in my basement. But I'd never ever do such a thing because it might not be legal. And I am, as you know, all about law and order.

I got the exciting task of my folks ashes. Dad died first and waited in his box on a shelf in my spare room. When Mom passed she and her box went on the same shelf and I attempted to get my brother to scatter them w/ me. After he chose to pretend he wasn't hearing my requests we took our canoe out onto the small lake we once had a cottage on and w/ the new owners permission we took mom and dad out into the middle and liberated them from their holders. It was a quit October day, their anniversary but that part wasn't planned, just one of those coinkydinkys. We were the only people on the lake, there was no wind, and two ducks (or geese) flew over and landed near us. It was the best moment for my folks so I hope someone finds the best moment for me.
    That is lovely about your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    That is lovely about your parents.

Yes and no. I've been waiting for my mom to haunt my ass but she hasn't shown up yet and I'll admit I'm a little disappointed w/ her for that.
    Mom had a cemetery picked out. It was a small one near the end of that same lake and whenever we passed it during my childhood she's mention it. But we also could have put them both in a family area in the cemetery in my Dad's home town. I considered that too. But Dad loved the cottage. And he spent most of their marriage helping her out because of medical and mental issues. Life revolved around Mom. So I finally decided that she should do something for Dad and fearing the wrath of dead mom... I took them both together and liberated them at the lake anyway. I justified it because the entire time Mom was here after Dad passed all she wanted was to be with him. Even deep in her dementia, she called out for him and while I'm not one for religion and heaven but I'd like to think if there's a heaven she went there and he was waiting for her. I made sure their ashes were together just to cover the bases.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    Yes and no. I've been waiting for my mom to haunt my ass but she hasn't shown up yet and I'll admit I'm a little disappointed w/ her for that.
    Mom had a cemetery picked out. It was a small one near the end of that same lake and whenever we passed it during my childhood she's mention it. But we also could have put them both in a family area in the cemetery in my Dad's home town. I considered that too. But Dad loved the cottage. And he spent most of their marriage helping her out because of medical and mental issues. Life revolved around Mom. So I finally decided that she should do something for Dad and fearing the wrath of dead mom... I took them both together and liberated them at the lake anyway. I justified it because the entire time Mom was here after Dad passed all she wanted was to be with him. Even deep in her dementia, she called out for him and while I'm not one for religion and heaven but I'd like to think if there's a heaven she went there and he was waiting for her. I made sure their ashes were together just to cover the bases.
    Oh, I see. Given she just wanted to be with your dad, I am sure she is happy on that part. She might hunt you down and haunt you about the cemetery she made perfectly clear she wanted to be at though.

Thread Information