Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Multiple dead in mass shooting at King Scoopers grocery store in Boulder, CO

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Thank you for posting this. i didn't see it.

Of course he will be 'radical' because he was a Muslim...whether he was or wasn't. Christians can't be radical and all Muslims are radical, don't you know? There are radical Muslims, just like there are radical Christians, but the majority of Muslims are just normal people like you and me, going about their lives. They have problems and issues, but all of those don't stem from radical Islam.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/boulde...ad-alissa/home more about the shooter...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://news.yahoo.com/slain-colorad...052141912.html

By Alexandra Ulmer and Colleen Jenkins

(Reuters) -He was a father of seven, who drove a passenger van to take his family around town. He had been an officer for a decade but lately had been looking for other, safer work. He was devoutly religious.

Colorado police officer Eric Talley, 51, also was among the first to respond to gunfire on Monday at a King Soopers grocery store in Boulder, where he died along with nine others in the latest U.S. mass shooting.

Friends, family and colleagues described Talley as a kind man who was quick to jump into tough tasks. He cared deeply about his community - so much, they said, that he gave his life for it.

"He was willing to die to protect others," Boulder Police Chief Maris Herold said at a news conference on Tuesday.

"He didn’t have to go into policing. He had a profession before this but he felt a higher calling," she said.

Just two weeks earlier, Herold said, she gave one of Talley's sons an award for using the CPR skills his father taught him to save the life of a little brother who had swallowed a quarter.

Talley joined the police department in 2010 after working at technology company Avaya, according to tributes posted by former colleagues on social media.

He was featured in a 2013 article as one of three police officers who helped save ducks stuck in a drainage ditch.

He waded into calf-deep water to rescue the ducks from the pipes, according to the article in the Boulder Daily Camera newspaper.

A woman on Twitter wrote that in the same year Talley responded to her 911-emergency call about a threatening former boyfriend. She said she still had the business card Talley gave her so she could call him if the ex-boyfriend ever showed up again.

Lately, Talley had been considering a new line of work, his father Homer said in a statement issued to local media.

"He was looking for a job to keep himself off of the front lines and was learning to be a drone operator. He didn't want to put his family through something like this," Homer Talley said.

A woman named Kirstin wrote on Twitter that Eric Talley was her older brother.

"My heart is broken. I cannot explain how beautiful he was and what a devastating loss this is to so many. Fly high my sweet brother," she wrote in a post that included a photo of them as young children.

A man named Jeremy Herko described Talley as one of his best friends.

"He was a devout Christian, he had to buy a 15-passenger van to haul all his kids around, and he was the nicest guy in the world," Herko wrote in a Facebook post.

Talley is the sixth on-duty death in the Boulder Police Department's history and the first officer killed in the line of duty since 1994, the Boulder Daily Camera reported.

On Tuesday, Boulder Mayor Sam Weaver called Talley "a truly heroic public servant."

"We can never thank Officer Talley or his family enough for their sacrifice, but we will not forget it," Weaver said. "Many are alive today because of the actions of Eric Talley and other first responders, and their bravery is a blessing to us all.”

(Reporting by Alexandra Ulmer, Colleen Jenkins and Frank McGurty; Editing by Nick Zieminski and Jonathan Oatis)

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I guess they really don't want me to know because the FB is down and that page is gone now too.

ETA: Try this link: https://www.thedailybeast.com/boulde...lissa?ref=home

It sounds like he had some serious on-going mental illness. Why in the hell didn't they do something...and especially when he tried to buy a gun???

Of course, because he is Islamic, they are treating everyone in the family like they are in on it. Why don't they do this with every mass shooting suspect instead of just the brown and black ones?
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 03-23-2021 at 04:55 PM.

The Washington Post
    @washingtonpost

Officials misspelled Denny Stong's name in their initial release. There is no "r" in Stong's name.
    Well, that explains why I had such a hard time finding him. I finally found an article with his best friend's mom was talking about him. Backtracked through her FB to find his.

I guess they really don't want me to know because the FB is down and that page is gone now too.

ETA: Try this link: https://www.thedailybeast.com/boulde...lissa?ref=home

It sounds like he had some serious on-going mental illness. Why in the hell didn't they do something...and especially when he tried to buy a gun???

Of course, because he is Islamic, they are treating everyone in the family like they are in on it. Why don't they do this with every mass shooting suspect instead of just the brown and black ones?
    Well, you know how "those people" are. Just sickening that we can't help the mentally ill, that we are willing to let anyone with the money buy any amount of armaments. I just hate the world we live in sometimes.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Meh, this is people worldwide these days...everyone wants to be internet famous. Look at all the annoying IG posers from every country in the world. It's not just Americans. People are fucking annoying with their cameras these days.
    Sorry, I guess I should've said I don't like stupid gawkers.
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I saw a video someone posted on YouTube that they recorded during the active shooting. He and two other guys were just standing around the front door talking while you could hear gunshots in the background. Those guys were so stupid! I bet people heard about the active shooting and tried to go to the store to get footage they could sell to a news crew. This is one of the reasons I don't like Americans.
    The worthless asshole (Jcub)who filmed that is with the scumbag group Ip2 and that racist pos called Baked Alaska .

Why have the cops not found/released a motive for the shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Why have the cops not found/released a motive for the shooting?
    I thought the motive was a plain old nut case.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Denny Stong, 20
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004386165670
    For my birthday this year, I'm asking for donations to National Foundation for Gun Rights Inc. I've chosen this nonprofit because their mission means a lot to me, and I hope you'll consider contributing as a way to celebrate with me. Every little bit will help me reach my goal. I've included information about National Foundation for Gun Rights Inc below.
    Poor deluded young man! I wonder if he had time to realize that a "bad guy with a gun" was going to kill him.

I also wonder when these folks are going to understand that while guns are great offensive tools, they suck for defense. Even the cop, a person presumably well trained in the use of a fire arm, knowing that he was heading into trouble didn't manage to get off that one magical bullet that was going to save everyone...

I grew up with guns. I don't want to take your varmint gun away from you, but can't we at least talk about ways to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Poor deluded young man! I wonder if he had time to realize that a "bad guy with a gun" was going to kill him.

I also wonder when these folks are going to understand that while guns are great offensive tools, they suck for defense. Even the cop, a person presumably well trained in the use of a fire arm, knowing that he was heading into trouble didn't manage to get off that one magical bullet that was going to save everyone...

I grew up with guns. I don't want to take your varmint gun away from you, but can't we at least talk about ways to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them!
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/boulder...y-incompetent/

Man accused of killing 10 people at Colorado grocery store ruled mentally incompetent to stand trial

The man accused of opening fire at a King Soopers grocery store in Colorado last March and killing 10 people has been deemed mentally incompetent to stand trial for the time being, the Boulder County district attorney's office told CBS News on Friday. Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa is facing 10 counts of first-degree murder and more than 20 counts of attempted murder, among other charges.

Four doctors have now determined that Alissa, who was 21 at the time of the shooting, is currently mentally incompetent to stand trial, the district attorney's office said in a statement. The statement did not specify why Alissa was deemed to be incompetent, but said authorities are "confident that, with medication and treatment, the defendant's competency will be restored."

"Given that all the doctors are in agreement, holding a hearing on the defendant's competency is unnecessary and would not be in the interest of justice or judicial efficiency," the statement said. "Therefore, we did not request an additional hearing and requested that the defendant be transferred to the State Hospital in Pueblo, Colorado in order to restore his competency as soon as possible so that we may proceed forward with the case."

He's being transferred to a State hospital where he will be drugged to a fare thee well until he is deemed competent, and they will send him back to prison to await trail; once away from the State hospital, his mental health will slowly deteriorate and he will once again be declared mentally incompetent, lather, rinse, repeat.

A close family member went through this for four years. This is what happens when we turn to the criminal justice system to handle our mental health issues.

ETA: I know law enforcement sometimes pulls FB pages, but if FB is going to start pulling the pages of every criminal who makes the news, it's going to put a big crimp in our style here at MDS.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 12-04-2021 at 11:12 AM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information