Thread: Laura Rose Carroll, (50) and Daughter (17) accused of election fraud over homecoming queen at a high school

Laura Rose Carroll, (50) and Daughter (17) accused of election fraud over homecoming queen at a high school

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ol/4715833001/

PENSACOLA, Fla. ? An assistant principal at a Florida elementary school and her teenage daughter have been accused of using the mother's privileged access to the school district's internal system to cast fraudulent votes in favor of the daughter winning homecoming queen at her high school.

Laura Rose Carroll, 50, of Pensacola, and her 17-year-old daughter were arrested Monday, according to a news release from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

The teen was being held at Escambia Regional Juvenile Detention Center, authorities said.

Final determination of whether she will be tried as an adult will rest with prosecutors. A report released in 2014 by Human Rights Watch found Florida transferred more children out of the juvenile system and into adult court than any other state.

FDLE agents learned that Carroll and her daughter used FOCUS, the district's student information system, to cast fraudulent votes for her daughter to win homecoming queen at Tate High School, spokeswoman Gretl Plessinger told the Pensacola News Journal, part of the USA TODAY Network.

The mother is also accused of allowing her daughter to use her access to FOCUS to access hundreds of students' personal files, including their test scores.

Nine students and one teacher provided written statements to authorities that detailed how the daughter had spoken about accessing her mother's FOCUS account for almost four years, according to the arrest warrant.
    FDLE special agents launched an investigation after the school district in October 2020 flagged hundreds of votes for Tate High School's homecoming court as fraudulent.

Agents discovered that 117 of the fraudulent votes originated from the same IP address within short period of time, and they tied the IP address to Carroll and her daughter's computer usage.

Agents discovered Carroll had "district level access" to the school board's FOCUS program, according to the release.

Both Carroll and her daughter were charged with three third-degree felonies: committing offenses against users of computers and electronic devices, unlawful use of a two-way communications device and criminal use of personally identifiable information. They were also charged with conspiracy to commit the offenses, a first-degree misdemeanor.

Escambia County School District Superintendent Tim Smith told the Pensacola News Journal on Monday that Carroll has been suspended from her job at Bellview Elementary School. He declined to comment further on the matter.

The daughter has been expelled from Tate High School, according to the FDLE. She was taken into custody and held at Escambia Regional Juvenile Detention Center, authorities said.

Contributing: Jay Cannon, USA TODAY

Damn election fraud over Homecoming queen. What the hell man I never thought Homecoming Queen was supposed to be political as these people are making it out to be. Wait until these people run for the real office.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post

Damn election fraud over Homecoming queen. What the hell man I never thought Homecoming Queen was supposed to be political as these people are making it out to be. Wait until these people run for the real office.
    Did you go to High School in the US? High School in the US is nothing but politics, cliques and backbiting. It's the training grounds for all the other bullshit that happens in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Did you go to High School in the US? High School in the US is nothing but politics, cliques and backbiting. It's the training grounds for all the other bullshit that happens in the world.
    I did 2 decades ago but then again I never stayed in only 1 cliques I was always learning to get out of the tribal mentality at the time but that was back when I was in Yearbook.

https://abc11.com/florida-mom-homeco...roll/10423300/

. PENSACOLA, Florida -- A mother and daughter in Pensacola, Florida, have been accused of rigging a high school homecoming court election by accessing accounts without authorization, authorities said Monday.

Laura Rose Carroll, 50, was arrested Monday and booked into the Escambia County Jail with a bond of $8,500, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) said in a news release. Her 17-year-old daughter was taken into custody and transferred to the Escambia Regional Juvenile Detention Center, it said.

When reached by CNN, a man identifying himself as Carroll's husband, said, "We have no comment right now. Our lawyers told us not to speak and we will have our day in court."

Escambia County Superintendent Tim Smith confirmed to CNN that Carroll is an employee of Bellview Elementary and has been suspended.

The FDLE said it was contacted in November 2020 by the Escambia County School District over allegations of unauthorized access to hundreds of student accounts.

The release says investigators found Carroll, an assistant principal at Bellview Elementary, and her daughter, a student at Tate High used Carroll's district-level access to enter accounts, where hundreds of fraudulent votes were cast for the Taft homecoming court. The votes were flagged as fraudulent when 117 votes allegedly originated from the same IP address within a short period of time. Authorities reported that FDLE agents found evidence of unauthorized access linked to Carroll's cellphone as well as home computers.

Investigators said they found almost 250 fraudulently cast votes for the homecoming court.

"Multiple students reported that Carroll's daughter described using her mother's account to cast votes," the statement said.

The investigation also found that beginning August 2019, Carroll's account allegedly accessed 372 high school records and 339 of those belonged to students at Tate, the FDLE release said.

Carroll and her daughter were each charged with offenses against users of computers, computer systems, computer networks and electronic devices; unlawful use of a two-way communications device; criminal use of personally identifiable information; and conspiracy to commit these offenses, the release said. All but the conspiracy charge are listed as third-degree felonies.

Apparently the data breach goes back to 2019 according to this report.

Is homecoming queen that important? I couldn't even tell you who won in my high school, never paid attention. I feel like it was something big maybe waaay back in the day, but not these days. Then again, I graduated 20 years ago lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Is homecoming queen that important? I couldn't even tell you who won in my high school, never paid attention. I feel like it was something big maybe waaay back in the day, but not these days. Then again, I graduated 20 years ago lol.
    Same I don't remember who these people were and i graduated 16 years ago from High School. I swore this sounded like one of these what if Washington DC Capital Hill was High School type jokes when I first heard of this election fraud in High School.

Thread Information