Thread: Ronald DeFeo Jr (69) found dead in prison while serving a sentence for the "The Amityville Horror" Murders

Ronald DeFeo Jr (69) found dead in prison while serving a sentence for the "The Amityville Horror" Murders

FALLSBURG, New York (WABC) -- Ronald DeFeo Jr., who was convicted of killing his entire family inside their Amityville home in 1974, has died.

The case inspired the book and film versions called "The Amityville Horror."

DeFeo murdered his father, mother, two brothers, and two sisters in their Suffolk County home.

He initially blamed the shooting deaths of his 6 family members on a mob hitman but eventually confessed to carrying out the crime.

DeFeo died Friday at Sullivan Correctional Facility in Fallsburg, where he was serving six 25 years to life sentences.

The cause of death was not immediately known.

He was 69.
    https://abc7ny.com/amityville-horror...ison/10419939/

In the movie, wasn't it the dad who killed his whole family?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    In the movie, wasn't it the dad who killed his whole family?
    The Ryan Reynolds one? I think Ryan Reynolds (the stepdad) was possessed and tried to kill everyone.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    The book I read (more a true crime, not the horror story) said that he also said that it was haunted and he had heard voices telling him to kill the family...as one of his stories.
    Yeah. As I remember the actual murders happened, and DeFeo spouted a bunch of hokum about being influenced by the evil that was the house. Then the house was sold and the people who bought it fled and claimed it was evil, then books were written and movies made that had nothing to do with what really took place. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amityville_Horror Then other people bought it and ... it's a house, seemingly untroubled by demons.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Didn't he say his dad was abusive or some lame excuse like that?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    The Ryan Reynolds one? I think Ryan Reynolds (the stepdad) was possessed and tried to kill everyone.
    The original, I think it was with James Brolin?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information