Thread: Gerry Gilhool (51) killed after colliding into another surfer in Ventura County, CA

Gerry Gilhool (51) killed after colliding into another surfer in Ventura County, CA

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...s-rincon-point

A 51-year-old man died Saturday after he collided with another surfer at popular Rincon Point in Ventura County, authorities said.

Gerry Gilhool was transported to Community Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, said Capt. Victor Medina of the Ventura County Sheriff?s Office. The incident was declared an accident, he said.

About 1:30 p.m. Saturday, rescue workers were dispatched to the popular surfing spot north of Ventura to assist a man who was unconscious on the beach, Medina said.

Witnesses told authorities that two men had collided in the water and both suffered head injuries. The other surfer, whose name was not immediately available, apparently drove himself to a hospital, Medina said.

A nurse who happened to be at the beach performed CPR on Gilhool until paramedics arrived and continued trying to save his life, Medina said.

Medina said the incident was ?a total accident.?

?Yesterday was apparently some rough waters out there, and it?s common for surfers, especially if you have a weekend and a large crowd out there, it can get crowded, and they cross each other,? Medina said.

Crazy. I?ve been surfing all my life, in all types of waters and never seen or heard of this happening with another surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordCocks View Post
    Crazy. I?ve been surfing all my life, in all types of waters and never seen or heard of this happening with another surfer.
    Wow, what a blast from the past. Haven't seen you in years! Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Wow, what a blast from the past. Haven't seen you in years! Welcome back!
    I was about to say the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I was about to say the same thing!
    I remember when I was convinced he was the sock puppet of Alaina and kept smiting him. Whoops.

I remember when I was convinced he was the sock puppet of Alaina and kept smiting him. Whoops.
    I remember reading something about him being a sock puppet....hm...

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I remember reading something about him being a sock puppet....hm...
    He's not, but Alaina02's sock puppet had a very similar avatar and Bradford appeared about the time he appeared. Bowie looked into him though and said he was valid.

ETA: Daddy-O was the sock puppet.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 03-08-2021 at 07:47 AM.

He's not, but Alaina02's sock puppet had a very similar avatar and Bradford appeared about the time he appeared. Bowie looked into him though and said he was valid.
    Yes, hello to all of you still on here, hope you?re well. I do still occasionally lurk from time to time. It?s nice to see people are still dying the normal ways and not just from Covid (I keed, I keed) 😅 There was quite a bit of drama going on when I first joined but that?s to be expected with a forum. I spend most of my online time nowadays on Twitter trolling MAGA morons (sorry if anyone here is one). Anyway, is there anyway to edit your profile on here!? This shit looks ancient lol

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordCocks View Post
    Yes, hello to all of you still on here, hope you?re well. I do still occasionally lurk from time to time. It?s nice to see people are still dying the normal ways and not just from Covid (I keed, I keed) �� There was quite a bit of drama going on when I first joined but that?s to be expected with a forum. I spend most of my online time nowadays on Twitter trolling MAGA morons (sorry if anyone here is one). Anyway, is there anyway to edit your profile on here!? This shit looks ancient lol
    At the top there is a "my profile" you can click on and edit in there.

Welcome back! And no trump supporter here.

Thread Information