Thread: Stone Foltz (20) died, and his parents donated his organs, after drinking at a fraternity event at Bowling Green State University

Stone Foltz (20) died, and his parents donated his organs, after drinking at a fraternity event at Bowling Green State University

Ohio-native Stone Foltz is in critical condition following an alleged hazing incident at Bowling Green State University.

An attorney for the family says Foltz, now 20, graduated from Buckeye Valley High School in 2019. He said the family is working with medical staff on the possibility of organ donation.

Attorney: BGSU student hospitalized after alleged hazing incident in ?process of donating his organs?

?For now, I can confirm is that Stone and the family are working through the organ donation process and Stone is still with us,? Sean Alto, with Cooper & Elliott, LLC., told our sister station WCMH. ?As for what happened that night, the investigation is ongoing. The focus right now is on the family.?

NewsNation reports that the incident was alcohol-related.

Attorney Sean Alto told NewsNation, ?The nature of the hazing incident is still being investigated but I can tell you that it involved a large quantity of alcohol consumed in a very short period of time during a fraternity pledge event.?

Bowling Green State University says they are cooperating with the investigation.

?Yesterday, Bowling Green State University placed Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity on interim suspension for alleged hazing activity,? according to a BGSU Facebook post. ?We are working with local law enforcement, who are actively taking the lead in investigating this unfolding situation.?

Bowling Green State University?s website includes a page on Fraternity & Sorority Life. Pi Kappa Alpha remains listed with no mention of suspension.

The fraternity?s parent organization told NewsNation that Pi Kappa Alpha has a ?zero-tolerance policy toward illegal activity, substance abuse, bullying, and hazing of any kind.?

?Let us reiterate in the strongest terms: We refuse to defend or condone any behavior that creates dangerous environments or situations for our members or the larger campus community at any of our 200-plus chapters in the United States and abroad,? the Tennessee-based parent organization said in a statement.

This is reportedly the second incident of a suspected alcohol-related hazing at a fraternity event in less than a week.

Last week, 19-year old Adam Oakes, a freshman at Virginia Commonwealth University, died after being found unresponsive following a Delta Chi fraternity party.

https://fox8.com/news/ohio-student-c...orney-reports/
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/08/us/bo...ath/index.html

A Bowling Green State University (BGSU) sophomore died after drinking at a fraternity event, an attorney for his family said.

Stone Foltz, 20, was given "a copious amount of alcohol," attorney Sean Alto told The Columbus Dispatch.

In a statement to CNN on Sunday, Alto called Foltz's death "a tragedy."

"He was a beloved son, brother, and grandson," Alto said. "At this time we are gathering all of the facts leading to his untimely death and we have no interest in commenting on speculation."

Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity said in a statement Saturday that a new member of the BGSU chapter "was involved in an alleged incident of alcohol-related hazing at an off-campus event."

"The International Fraternity is horrified and outraged by this incident," the international fraternity said in a statement. "The Fraternity has a zero-tolerance policy toward illegal activity, substance abuse, bullying, and hazing of any kind."

The BGSU chapter was placed on "administrative suspension," the fraternity added. "We will also pursue permanent suspension of Delta Beta Chapter as well as expulsion of all chapter members from the International Fraternity.

A spokesperson for BGSU told CNN that it has also placed its chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha on interim suspension.

"The local law enforcement and university investigations are ongoing," Alex Solis, a BGSU spokesperson, told CNN in an email statement. "However, I can confirm that we have placed Pi Kappa Alpha on interim suspension for alleged hazing activity."

On Saturday, the university said in a series of tweets that it met with "student leaders to decide the short- and long-term future of fraternity and sorority life at BGSU."

"BGSU is committed to not just the student conduct and law enforcement investigations, but a full inquiry into each Greek chapter's prevention and compliance responsibilities under University policies prohibiting hazing," the university wrote.

Again with Frats and the crazy shit surrounding them.

Why are frats and sororities still a thing again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Why are frats and sororities still a thing again?
    I thought I was the only one that wondered that. Everyone else I talk to thinks they are great.

https://www.wtol.com/article/news/lo...1-a1f30090ac4e

BOWLING GREEN, Ohio — Students at Bowling Green State University a feeling a range of emotions following the death of BGSU sophomore Stone Foltz.

The most prominent feeling students say they're feeling is grief.

They say they're sad over the loss of their fellow BGSU student, whether they knew Foltz or not. All of them also extend their condolences and prayers to the Foltz family.

Multiple students says they are upset things like this happen, especially on their campus.

"All the students, we are all raging right now. We are all angry because this could have been avoided. And also, why was there even a party? We're in a pandemic, why is it even allowed?" said Jaelyn Nguyen, a junior at BGSU.

She believes it shouldn't take a student's death for the university to take action with issues of hazing in Greek life.

BGSU freshman Alex Holwerda is in a fraternity and says his organization is anti-hazing, across the board.

Because of the alleged hazing incident on Thursday, he fears that all Greek life on campus will now look bad.

"That individual chapter, those individual members that were directly involved. It was their decision. It was their tradition," Holwerda said. "I'm all for traditions and rituals, but they have to be safe. It's unfortunate that it happened on our campus especially."

Both students say there is always room for improvement when it comes to hazing on college campuses.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Traditions and rituals are fine as long as they can't fucking kill you.

This kid wasn't even old enough to drink, and an inexperienced liver can't handle well the things it's never been exposed to.

Nice job, you frat dickheads, you killed your little brother.

Your one fucking job was to make sure he was safe.

Loser needledick wannabes.

Also known as "why real men don't need 20 other dudes around to know they're cool"

Goddamnit.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Traditions and rituals are fine as long as they can't fucking kill you.

This kid wasn't even old enough to drink, and an inexperienced liver can't handle well the things it's never been exposed to.

Nice job, you frat dickheads, you killed your little brother.

Your one fucking job was to make sure he was safe.

Loser needledick wannabes.

Also known as "why real men don't need 20 other dudes around to know they're cool"

Goddamnit.
    It's also called drink the Kool Aid because the Cult/Frat Leader says so type shit.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/autopsy-bo...posts_card_hed

The death of a Bowling Green State University sophomore in March after an alleged hazing incident has been ruled an accident, according to the autopsy report.

Stone Foltz, 20, died of "fatal ethanol intoxication" on March 7 after an alleged fraternity hazing on March 4 at the university in Bowling Green, Ohio, about 15 miles south of Toledo.

Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity members gave pledges, including Foltz, bottles of alcohol and urged them to finish the entire bottle, according to lawyers representing the the family of Foltz, who died after three days in the hospital.

"Without question," the attorneys said of the autopsy results, "he died as a result of a college fraternity induction ritual."

"The statement that his death was accidental -- without any witness interviews or evidence about Stone being forced to drink an entire handle of whiskey -- has no value and doesn't impact anything criminally," the attorneys told ABC News. "Stone's death at the hands of fraternity members hazing him and other pledges was both deliberate and reckless, and we will not stop until justice is done."

On Friday, Bowling Green State University announced it had charged the organization with six violations of the student code of conduct, including causing harm to others, hazing and disrupting order or disregarding health and safety with alcohol. The chapter was placed under interim suspension.

"Hazing is absolutely intolerable. BGSU continues to work with local law enforcement, who are actively leading their own investigation into this serious situation. While these University charges don't bring back student Stone Foltz, our goal is to hold those accountable who are responsible for this tragedy," the school said in a statement.

Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity, which oversees all local college chapters, said in a statement to ABC News last month that members were "horrified and outraged" by the incident and that the fraternity would "pursue permanent suspension of Delta Beta Chapter as well as expulsion of all chapter members."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/28/us/oh...tal/index.html

Two fraternity members charged in Stone Foltz hazing death acquitted of involuntary manslaughter, reckless homicide

Two fraternity members charged in the 2021 hazing death of Bowling Green State University student Stone Foltz were acquitted of involuntary manslaughter and reckless homicide by a jury on Friday.

Although acquitted of the most serious charges, Jacob Krinn and Troy Henricksen were convicted of lesser charges, including hazing-related counts, according to their attorneys.

Eight people between the ages of 19 and 23 were indicted on April 29 on various charges related to Foltz’s death. Foltz, 20, died in March 2021 from alcohol intoxication that prosecutors alleged stemmed from a hazing incident for the Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity’s Delta Beta Chapter in Bowling Green, Ohio.

Krinn was found not guilty of two counts of involuntary manslaughter, reckless homicide and felonious assault, but was convicted of obstruction of official business, hazing, and failure to comply, his attorney Samuel Shamansky told CNN.

“Jacob Krinn and I are eternally grateful to the jury for their hard work and commitment in reaching a verdict which absolved him of responsibility for the death of Stone Foltz. Mr. Krinn should never have been indicted for these serious felonies as the evidence to support the same was non-existent,” Shamansky said.

Henricksen was found not guilty of involuntary manslaughter, reckless homicide and tampering with evidence, but was found guilty of eight counts of hazing and seven counts of failure to comply, according to his attorney Eric Long.

“My colleague, Tyler Walchanowicz and I, as well as the Henricksen family are extraordinarily grateful to the jury for their commitment to justice in what were difficult circumstances for everyone involved,” Long said in a statement to CNN. “It is a shame that Mr. Henricksen was falsely accused in the first place, but this verdict confirms that when the evidence is heard, and the truth – rather than accusations and public sentiment – are sought, the justice system works. This is a welcomed and just exoneration of the most serious allegations.”

In addition to the criminal charges, Foltz’s death has also led to a wrongful-death lawsuit against the fraternity, the expulsion of 3 students and the suspension of 17, and the permanent expulsion of the fraternity from Bowling Green State University.

The autopsy found that Foltz had a blood alcohol content of .35, which is more than four times the legal driving limit.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm glad that they're taking it seriously, but I'm focusing on the fact that the family chose to give life.

Thank you for donating his organs. It's the hardest decision any family has to make, but you did the right thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Thread Information