Thread: Andy Teuber (52) presumed dead after a helicopter crash following his resignation from a hospital exec board after being accused of abusive treatment and coerced sex

Andy Teuber (52) presumed dead after a helicopter crash following his resignation from a hospital exec board after being accused of abusive treatment and coerced sex

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2021/03...d-near-kodiak/

The Coast Guard found wreckage from near Kodiak Island and was searching Tuesday night for its pilot, recently resigned health care executive Andy Teuber.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-23-2022 at 06:13 PM.

https://heavy.com/news/andy-teuber-dead-missing/

Andy Teuber was an embattled CEO in Alaska who is presumed dead after his helicopter was lost at sea.

Teuber resigned his position as head of the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium a week before he was reported missing, and the Anchorage Daily News published a story revealing an alleged case of sexual misconduct against him. That consortium is the country’s largest tribal health organization.

Teuber has his defenders, with the site Must Read Alaska questioning news coverage before his death. According to that site, Teuber was out of state when the story broke because he was getting married and asked for the newspaper to wait until he could return and address the accusations.

However, his former assistant wrote a letter that detailed a series of disturbing allegations against Teuber, who denied them via emails his lawyer sent the Anchorage Daily News.

The cause of the helicopter’s disappearance is not clear.

Here’s what you need to know:

1. The Coast Guard Has Called Off the Search for Teuber’s Missing Chopper But Debris Consistent With the Helicopter Was Found

According to a March 3, 2021, press release from the U.S. Coast Guard, “the Coast Guard suspended the search for the missing helicopter pilot near Kodiak, Alaska, Wednesday.”

The Coast Guard added, “Still missing is Andy Teuber from Anchorage, who was reportedly flying a black and white Robinson R66 helicopter. Coast Guard boat and aircrews dedicated over 13 hours of search time and covered approximately 888 square nautical miles.”

The search was extensive: “Involved in the search were three MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter aircrews and an HC-130 Hercules airplane crew from Coast Guard Air Station Kodiak, and the crew of Coast Guard Cutter Stratton,” says the Coast Guard.

“The debris that was initially located yesterday evening was consistent with debris that would have been found on the overdue helicopter,” said Cmdr. Matthew Hobbie, search and rescue mission coordinator, Coast Guard Sector Anchorage. “After an extensive search with our available assets resulting in inconclusive findings, it’s with a heavy heart that we have to suspend this search pending any new information. I offer my deepest condolences to those affected by this incident.”

2. The Accuser Has ‘Powerful Political Ties’

According to Stars and Stripes, Teuber resigned on February 23. Two news organizations then obtained a letter from his former assistant, who “described a pattern of abusive behavior, harassment and coerced sexual counters by Teuber.”

He denied the allegations, telling the Anchorage Daily News, it was a “completely consensual personal relationship.”

“The allegations of wrongdoing that I have been made aware of are false, and these allegations and their timing appear designed to portray me unjustly and falsely; to damage my personal and family relationships; but especially to sabotage my recent engagement and new marriage; and to undermine my professional prospects,” Teuber wrote. The Anchorage Daily News reported that his attorney forwarded some of his email denials after the chopper disappeared.

Teuber’s accuser was Savanah Evans, who, according to Must Read Alaska, “has powerful political ties. She is related to U.S. Sen. Sullivan through his wife Julie Fate Sullivan and is reportedly close with the Sullivans.”

You can read her full letter on the Must Read Alaska site. It starts, “My name is Savanah Evans. I have been employed wit​h the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) since April 22, 2019. Unfortunately, I am writing to you today to give my formal notice that I am resigning from ANTHC, effective immediately.”

The letter alleges, “My name is Savanah Evans. I have been employed wit​h the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) since April 22, 2019. Unfortunately, I am writing to you today to give my formal notice that I am resigning from ANTHC, effective immediately.”

3. Teuber Was Flying to Kodiak & a Family Member Reported Him Missing

andy Teuber
    Headshot
    Andy Teuber

According to an earlier Coast Guard release, searches focused on an area “approximately 66 nautical miles northeast of Kodiak, Alaska, Tuesday.”

Teuber, of Anchorage, was last seen “wearing a hat, black sweater, and jeans. The helicopter he’s reported to be flying is a black and white Robinson R66 with the tail number N1767,” says the release.

“Watchstanders at the Coast Guard Sector Anchorage command center received notification from a family member at 5 p.m. that Teuber left Merrill Field Airport at 2:09 p.m. with intentions of traveling to Kodiak. Teuber’s last known location was approximately 66 nautical miles northeast of Kodiak. Watchstanders issued an urgent marine information broadcast and directed the launch of aircrews from Coast Guard Air Station Kodiak.”

“Our primary focus is the safety of the overdue helicopter pilot,” said Ensign Muenter from Coast Guard Sector Anchorage. “Anyone with information is asked to contact the Sector Anchorage command center at (907) 428-4100.”

4. Teuber, Who Was Married on Monday, Earned More than $1 Million a Year & Was Also on the University of Alaska Board of Regents
    andy teuber
    headshot
    Andy Teuber

Teuber leaves behind a new wife.

According to Stars and Stripes, Teuber was well-paid at the consortium, earning more than $1 million a year. He also served on the University of Alaska Board of Regents.

Daily News reported that he was also a member of the Kodiak Native Association and had served with the consortium since 2008.

He was married on Monday, March 1, according to Daily News.

5. Teuber’s Family Called Him an ‘Extraordinary Man’ & Slammed the Allegations

Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
    Andy Teuber being interviewed by the media

In the wake of his disappearance, Teuber’s family released a statement to the Daily News calling the allegations “unfair, hateful, untrue, and malicious.”

“Andy Teuber was a talented, energetic, successful, and proud Alaskan,” the statement said. “We knew him as all of these things, but also as our loving, kind, and gregarious father, brother, cousin, partner, and spouse. We cannot express in words the depth of our sorrow for his loss. We will have many occasions to share our happy memories of this remarkable man with his many friends and associates, and we will announce the arrangements in future communications.

“We regret at this difficult time that we are also compelled to address the unfair, hateful, untrue, and malicious attacks recently published against Andy. We feel that these attacks do not describe the extraordinary man whose loss we mourn so deeply. There is much more to be said on this, but for now we request the space and time to mourn and remember our Andy as the great man we knew him to be. We appreciate all of your kind thoughts and prayers in this difficult time.”

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Sounds like suicide to me.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Sounds like suicide to me.....
    I agree...IF he's actually dead.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I agree...IF he's actually dead.
    We think alike because a small part of me was thinking that if there was ever a time to fake your death and start over, this would be it. However I'm trying to think of the logistics of that. Alaska isn't the most convenient place to pull that off and how would he manage to crash a helicopter in to the seas and escape without hypothermia? It's pretty remote so how would he be able to trek away unnoticed without help? Without any money? Or at least as much money as he would like to have to start over.....

ETA: Then again, he married only days before that and that would leave his new wife with all of the money. She could be in on it.

I'd be auditing the books with a fine tooth comb.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I'd be auditing the books with a fine tooth comb.
    That's a start, but all of these folks have actual available cash in huge quantities hidden away in safes as well. It's reliable, it's easy to take on the run when you need it and you avoid your fair share of taxes that way. I'm positive that he had available paper money enough to at least get set up somewhere else for a year or two until wifey joined him with the rest of the money that's on the books.

I still think he's toast because it's the likely scenario, but him still being alive is not completely out of the question.

Thread Information