Thread: Maurice Jewel Taylor (34) & Natalie Brothwell (44) Allegedly Decapitated Their Eldest Children, Maliaka (13) & Maurice Jr (12) Then Forced Their Two Younger Siblings To View Their Bodies

Maurice Taylor Sr., (34) arrested for decapitating his children (12) and (13)

https://abc7.com/father-arrested-aft...aster/8502079/

LANCASTER, Calif. (KABC) -- A father has been arrested on suspicion of murder after two of his children, a 12-year-boy and 13-year-old girl, were found decapitated at a Lancaster home, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Firefighters arrived at the single-story house in the 45000 block of Century Circle shortly after 7:30 a.m. Friday and discovered the bodies, according to LASD.

The firefighters had initially responded to a report of a possible gas leak there. Sheriff's deputies were immediately summoned to the scene, where homicide detectives "learned that the deceased male and female both appeared to be suffering from lacerations and stab wounds," a news release said.

Lancaster Mayor Rex Parris confirmed that the two victims were decapitated.

"It doesn't seem to be that the cause of death from the two people inside have anything to do with a gas leak," LASD Lt. Brandon Dean told reporters outside the residence earlier in the day.

One person was transported to a hospital in unknown condition, a Fire Department dispatcher said. That individual's possible injuries were not described.

According to authorities, investigators were questioning a man, a woman and two other children who were also at the home.

LASD later announced Maurice Taylor Sr., 34, was arrested on suspicion of murder and is being held in lieu of $2 million bail.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the sheriff's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.

"It doesn't seem to be that the cause of death from the two people inside have anything to do with a gas leak," LASD Lt. Brandon Dean told reporters outside the residence earlier in the day.
    Thank you, Captain Obvious! It takes a special depraved individual to kill their own kid(s), but to decapitate them... wtf?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Prosecutors on Wednesday released gruesome new details in the case of a California man accused of decapitating two of his children.

Maurice Jewel Taylor Sr., 34, of Lancaster, was charged with two counts each of murder and child abuse, according to a Los Angeles County district attorney?s office news release.

Taylor is suspected of fatally stabbing two of his children, a 12-year-old son identified as Maurice T. and a 13-year-old daughter identified as Maliaka T., on Nov. 29, prosecutors said.

He?s also accused of abusing his two other children, 8- and 9-year-old boys.

Taylor is accused of showing his youngest sons the bodies of their decapitated siblings sometime in the five-day period between when they were killed and when they were discovered dead. For several days, the boys were forced to stay in their bedrooms, where they did not receive any food, prosecutors said.

Deputies were initially called to the home last Friday morning after receiving a report of a gas leak, the L.A. County Sheriff?s Department reported.

That?s when they found the two slain children, who had suffered ?some type of a sharp trauma,? according to sheriff?s Lt. Brandon Dean. The trauma was from ?either a stabbing or slicing device,? he said.

Taylor has not yet pleaded to the charges. His arraignment was scheduled for Tuesday but continued to Dec. 21.

If convicted of the charges, he faces a maximum sentence of at least 57 years to life in prison, the release stated. Taylor is being held on $4.2 million bail.

https://www.valleycentral.com/news/n...oDqvIwHLRCRD5Q

Gofundme - https://www.gofundme.com/f/1yrem8xug...=copy_link_all
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Why is his hand circled in the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post

to show he was arrested?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    to show he was arrested?
    Ohhhh okay.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Ohhhh okay.
    I thought there was a big gaping wound and I was missing it.😆

Beli was right.

Taylor is scheduled to be arraigned December 21. It wasn't known Wednesday if he has an attorney.

Taylor worked at a physical therapy center in Santa Monica but had been conducting training sessions online during the coronavirus pandemic.

Some of his clients contacted authorities after he failed to show up for scheduled appointments, leading to the discovery of the victims, CBS Los Angeles reported.

Exclusive video footage obtained by DailyMail.com on Tuesday shows the moment Taylor was wheeled away from the scene handcuffed to a stretcher.
    From this article, which also says the children's mother was in the house. WTF?! He was a personal trainer. I don't know, maybe steroid abuse? Psychotic break? Looking for something to explain such an atrocity. I can't even wrap my head around it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...q_Uvuu6ErJWNFo
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    I thought there was a big gaping wound and I was missing it.��
    See, that's where my mind went haha. I assumed it must be something graphic I wasn't seeing.

Maurice Jewel Taylor (34) & Natalie Brothwell (44) Allegedly Decapitated Their Eldest Children, Maliaka (13) & Maurice Jr (12) Then Forced Their Two Younger Siblings To View Their Bodies

I was sure there was a thread for this but I can't find one no matter how I search

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...ERFQSCGTHLXKQ/

Chilling details released in case of California father who decapitated 2 children, starved 2 others

December 11, 2020 at 9:26 am PST
    By Crystal Bonvillian, Cox Media Group National Content Desk

LANCASTER, Calif. ? California officials have released chilling details of a Lancaster personal trainer who decapitated two of his children and forced their younger siblings to look at their dead bodies for five days.

Maurice Jewel Taylor Sr., 34, is charged with two counts of felony murder and two counts of child abuse under circumstances likely to cause great bodily injury or death. He is being held in the Los Angeles County Jail in lieu of bail set at $4.2 million.

Taylor is accused of fatally stabbing his two older children, Maliaka Taylor, 13, and Maurice Taylor Jr., 12, on Nov. 29. The Los Angeles County District Attorney?s Office confirmed that both children were decapitated.

?The defendant?s other two boys, ages 8 and 9, were allegedly shown their murdered siblings and were forced to stay in their bedrooms for several days without food,? prosecutors said in a statement.

Los Angeles County firefighters were called around 7:50 a.m. Dec. 4 to the family?s home in the 45000 block of Century Circle in Lancaster on a report of a possible gas leak, Los Angeles County homicide detectives said.

Maurice Jewel Taylor Sr., 34, is accused of fatally stabbing and decapitating his two older children, Maliaka Taylor, 13, and Maurice Taylor Jr., 12, on Nov. 29, 2020, in their Lancaster, Calif., home, pictured here in a February 2012 Street View image. (Google)

?Fire personnel responded and made entry into the location, at which time they saw a male and a female deceased inside the location,? according to a news release from the Sheriff?s Department. ?Fire personnel immediately called LA County Sheriff?s Department Lancaster Station deputies, which responded and secured the location.?

Taylor, the children?s mother and the two younger children were all in the home at the time the older children were found dead. The mother has not been charged with a crime.

She is not a suspect, authorities told the Los Angeles Times.

Lynn Mullineaux, a friend of the children?s maternal grandmother, Debra Brothwell, spoke out on the family?s behalf. Mullineaux told ABC7 in Los Angeles that Brothwell, who lives out of state, was pushed away over the years. On a GoFundMe page Mullineaux established to help the grandmother go to California to see about her daughter and remaining grandchildren, she wrote that Brothwell was ?taken from their lives by a controlling son-in-law.?

?She has made pleas for any information, any knowledge, any information that she could find to know that her grandchildren were OK,? Mullineaux wrote on the fundraising page. ?But two days ago, Miss Deb got the news that none of us would ever want to have to wake up to. Two of her beautiful grandchildren were murdered and taken from this Earth.?

Mullineaux told the news station that the separation wasn?t always the case.

?She was pushed out of their lives and that relationship was severed,? Mullineaux told ABC7. ?That was not her doing and that was a very unfortunate thing.

?There was a time when she was in their lives every day and they are her world. There?s no way to put into words truly what any of our grandchildren mean to us. She?s continued to love them.?

Lt. Brandon Dean, a spokesman for the sheriff?s office, said the slain children were found in separate bedrooms of the home. To his knowledge, the family did not have a history with the county Department of Children and Family Services.

The agency did not say whether its caseworkers had prior contact with the family.

?We mourn with the community over this tragic loss,? DCFS officials said in a statement.

The newspaper reported that some of Taylor?s fitness clients became concerned because he failed to send out the Zoom invitation for their scheduled class. They worried that a gas leak or some other danger had befallen the family.

?I knew they weren?t out of town,? one client said, according to the Times. ?They didn?t have money to travel.?

One client called the Sheriff?s Department and another, attorney and writer Howard Kern, called the Los Angeles County Fire Department.

?I said, ?I?m concerned,?? Kern said. ??We are concerned about a possible gas leak. There are four children and two adults ? and we are concerned about their safety.??

Clients described Taylor as reliable and ?mellow,? but said he appeared to be under a ?tremendous amount of pressure.?

?Think of the nicest person that you know, then multiply that by five,? Kern told the Times. ?He worked so hard to support himself. Unfortunately, we don?t know enough to say what happened or what didn?t happen.?

Kern, who had been a client of his for seven years, said Taylor?s marriage seemed to be ?contentious,? based on phone calls he received from his wife at the gym where he worked prior to taking his classes online due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

?It was embarrassing ? you could hear her yelling at him,? Kern said. ?He?d be very apologetic, and she?d be yelling at him.?

Kern told ABC7 that the allegations against Taylor are not consistent with the man he knew.

?I don?t know whether he?s guilty,? Kern told the news station. ?I do know that the Maurice that I know, and the Maurice that everybody else I?ve spoken with knew from the training place that we work out, was that Maurice was a very kind and gentle man. We thought of him as a loving father, a devoted family man.?

Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris appeared to link the crime to the added stress brought on by the pandemic.

?The social fabric of the country and the world has been shredded, and we are starting to see the aftermath,? Parris said. ?What I?m seeing is more and more people feeling desperate, and that can only have one result.?

Taylor faces 57 years to life in prison if convicted of all charges, prosecutors said.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...self-in-court/

Man Who Allegedly Decapitated His Children Wants to Represent Himself in Court
    ALBERTO LUPERONDec 23rd, 2020, 9:26 am 7

A California man charged in the double murder of two of his children wants to represent himself. Maurice Jewel Taylor Sr., 34, told a court in Los Angeles County on Tuesday that he had religious reasons for wanting to represent himself in court, and he claimed that there was a hit out on him. The judge?s response was to emphatically and repeatedly recommend the defendant keep his counsel because pro se representation was risky. Finally, the court voiced doubt about Taylor?s mental competency, and ordered an evaluation.

At the beginning of the hearing, the defense lawyer had also voiced doubt about the accused killer?s mental competency.

?I?ve taken criminal justice classes, and I know my rights,? Taylor said in court. ?I?ve been seriously abused in prison. There?s a hit out for me right now that I have proof for. I literally have proof on that, and there?s a lot of foul play going on, and I would prefer to represent myself because I think that that?s the best way to go in this matter.?

The judge repeatedly pointed out in court this was a risky decision, and it would create more of a ?handicap? for Taylor than an advantage. Nonetheless, Taylor insisted.

?And I trust that God would help me in this case because I am in the right,? he said, in one of several references to his faith-based reasons for seeking to represent himself.

Assuming he got his way, it would be a major decision for the defendant. This request isn?t unprecedented. Even the religious motivation sounds familiar. Law&Crime is reminded of a Georgia woman who also cited her faith in pursuing pro se representation. She never, ever put up a defense in her capital trial for murdering her 10-year-old stepdaughter. She was sentenced to death.

In any case, the claims against Taylor read like a horror story. The personal trainer allegedly decapitated two of his children. Prosecutors identified the deceased victims as son Maurice T., 12, and daughter Maliaka T., 13. Taylor is also accused of showing the bodies to his 8- and 9-year-old sons, and forcing these surviving children to stay in their bedrooms for several days without food. Prosecutors have said he faces a possible maximum sentence of 57 to life behind bars.

In court, the defendant voiced confidence that he would win. He continued to insist that there was hit on him, and that police already tried to kill him. Taylor asserted that his lawyer?s work would delay the case, putting him in more danger. Eventually, he started to cast aspersions at the judge.

?Honestly, I don?t know who is involved with the hit, if the police are going to try to kill me,? he said. ?There could be a chance that you are in on it as well.?

?Well, I can assure you that I am not,? the judge said before ordering the mental health evaluation.

https://people.com/crime/mother-of-2...fter-slayings/

Mother of 2 Children Allegedly Decapitated by Their Dad Arrested Almost a Year After Slayings

Natalie Brothwell, 44, has been charged with two counts of murder and two counts of felony child endangerment, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said Wednesday

By Katie Campione September 30, 2021 01:10 AM

CREDIT: PIMA COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT

A mother of two has been arrested after her son and daughter were found decapitated last year at their California home.

Natalie Brothwell, 44, has been charged with two counts of murder and two counts of felony child endangerment, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said Wednesday.

She was arrested Tuesday at her home in Tucson, Arizona. She will be held at the Pima County Jail pending extradition back to California, according to deputies.

An attorney for Brothwell could not be immediately identified to comment on her behalf.

The father of the children, Maurice Taylor Sr., was charged for their death in December. He remains in custody, deputies said.

Taylor, who works at a physical therapy center in Santa Monica, has been charged with two felony counts each of murder and child abuse under circumstances likely to cause great bodily harm, according to CBS Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Times.

Maurice Taylor

CREDIT: LAW AND CRIME TRIAL NETWORK

The couple's 12-year-old son, Maurice Taylor Jr., and 13-year-old daughter, Maliaka Taylor, were found decapitated in the family home in Lancaster on the morning of Dec. 4, both outlets reported.

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE's free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.

According to a prior news release from the department, the Los Angeles County Fire Department responded to a report of a possible gas leak at Taylor's home, after receiving a call from one of Taylor's clients, who previously told the Los Angeles Times she was worried after Taylor failed to send a Zoom link for a scheduled training session.

Fire personnel arrived at the home, located at the 45000 block of Century Circle, at around 7:50 a.m. and discovered the two children dead inside.

After being notified by fire officials, the L.A. County Sheriff's Department Lancaster Station deputies responded to the scene.

According to the release, the son and daughter were found suffering from "lacerations and stab wounds." Later reports confirmed that the children were decapitated.

Taylor is being held in lieu of $4.2 million bail, jail records show. He is next scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 10. If convicted, Taylor could face up to 57 years and four months to life in state prison.

The investigation is ongoing, and anyone with information is being asked to contact the LA County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.

Thread Information