Thread: John Pennington (40) found at the bottom of the Grand Canyon with his motorcycle two weeks after he went missing

John Pennington (40) found at the bottom of the Grand Canyon with his motorcycle two weeks after he went missing

https://kutv.com/news/local/missing-...f-grand-canyon

A missing person search is taking place at Grand Canyon National Park.

The National Park Service reported John Pennington, 40, of Walton, Ky., was last known to be on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon near Yaki Point. He abandoned his vehicle at Yaki Point on or around Feb. 23, 2021, and is believed to be traveling alone.

Currently, Pennington may be traveling on a yellow motorcycle with Ohio plates (2005 Suzuki GSX-R600), NPS reported.

He is described as a white male, 5-foot, 11-inches in height, 165 pounds, with hazel eyes and brown hair.

Grand Canyon rangers are asking anyone who may have seen or talked to Pennington or located the yellow motorcycle described above to please call or text the NPS Investigative Services Branch (ISB) Tip Line at 888-653-0009; or online at www.nps.gov/ISB by clicking "Submit a Tip" or by email at: e-mail us.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ay/4577922001/

The National Park Service said they believe they have found the body of a missing Kentucky man in the Grand Canyon.

National Park Service personnel located a body and motorcycle Wednesday below the South Kaibab Trailhead of the Grand Canyon after a multi-day search, officials said in a statement.

Officials said the person is believed to be John Pennington, 40, of Walton in northern Kentucky. Pennington has been missing since Feb. 23.

The identification was based on evidence found with the body. The body has been transferred to the Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office, officials said.

Park rangers said in a statement that the body was found 465 feet below the rim and was taken out by helicopter.
    According to The Associated Press, the statement said no additional information was immediately available. A park spokeswoman, Ranger Joelle Baird, did not immediately respond to an inquiry from The Associated Press o whether there was any indication Pennington purposely drove into the canyon.
    This was my immediate thought when I read the first part of the article.

Ouch. I'm very sorry for his family and friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information