Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Dispute over mask-wearing led to murder of Tulane Police Officer (Martinus Mitchum, 38); suspect arrested

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    GA girl living in NY
    Posts
    3,231
    Rep Power
    17861242

    Dispute over mask-wearing led to murder of Tulane Police Officer (Martinus Mitchum, 38); suspect arrested

    https://www.facebook.com/martinus.mitchum

    https://www.kplctv.com/2021/02/27/di...pect-arrested/

    NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) -A 35-year-old man was arrested Friday night for the murder of a policeman, according to Orleans Parish jail records and the NOPD.

    John Shallerhorn was booked early Saturday morning for armed robbery and 1st degree murder of a policeman.

    The New Orleans Police Department says Tulane Police Officer Martinus Mitchum was shot while providing security for a basketball game at George Washington Carver High School in the 3000 block of Higgins Boulevard.

    The NOPD says Shallerhorn arrived at the school and was refused entry due to not having on a mask.

    A physical altercation ensued with a school employee. The Tulane Officer intervened and escorted the suspect out.

    As Shallerhorn was leaving, he shot the officer twice, then placed the weapon on the ground and was taken into custody.

    NOPD Superintendent Shaun Ferguson says the officer, who has not been identified, was also a reserve officer for the 2nd City Court Constable.

    Tulane Police Chief Kirk Bouyelas issued a statement Saturday morning saying, 'we are deeply saddened by the senseless and tragic death of TUPD Corporal Martinus Mitchum. Corporal Mitchum was a dedicated police professional who had a heart of service for the Tulane community. We have reached out to his family and are providing support to his fellow officers during this difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and with all the fellow officers with whom he served.'

    Just moments before Shallerhorn attempted to enter the school, he robbed a man at gunpoint in the parking lot. Police say a 39-year-old man was sitting inside his vehicle when he was approached by the suspect.

    Shallerhorn raised his shirt and brandished a gun while demanding the victim's medallion chain. The victim complied.

    Shallerhorn has a prior arrest in August of 2019 for indecent behavior with a juvenile, arrest records show.

    The Orleans Parish District Attorney's Office refused that charge in November 2019.

    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2021...us_Mitchum,_38
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 02-28-2021 at 10:50 AM.

  2. #2
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19,471
    Rep Power
    21474864
    Why can't these assholes just wear a mask? If you've going into a business and not wearing a mask for any reason, you are a POS. Sorry, not sorry. There are too many other alternatives (delivery, curbside pickup) for the people who claim they can't wear a mask-there's not excuse for putting others at risk, no matter what Trumpy fairy tale you believe.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11,911
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Why can't these assholes just wear a mask? If you've going into a business and not wearing a mask for any reason, you are a POS. Sorry, not sorry. There are too many other alternatives (delivery, curbside pickup) for the people who claim they can't wear a mask-there's not excuse for putting others at risk, no matter what Trumpy fairy tale you believe.
    I was at a baptism today, and the deacon said we could take off our masks because it was just us there

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  4. #4
    Moderator puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19,784
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I was at a baptism today, and the deacon said we could take off our masks because it was just us there
    I love how friends, family, neighbors can't possibly give you a virus.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  5. #5
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19,471
    Rep Power
    21474864
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I love how friends, family, neighbors can't possibly give you a virus.
    The Covid-Mary lady that I know, that jumped the line to get her vaccine, repeatedly had her granddaughter's friend over all last year because "I know them and they're safe".

  6. #6
    Senior Member JohnLanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,808
    Rep Power
    8008681
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Why can't these assholes just wear a mask? If you've going into a business and not wearing a mask for any reason, you are a POS. Sorry, not sorry. There are too many other alternatives (delivery, curbside pickup) for the people who claim they can't wear a mask-there's not excuse for putting others at risk, no matter what Trumpy fairy tale you believe.
    We live in a "Drink the Kool-Aid because my political tribal leader said so" type situation.

    Apparently these people don't understand when Typhoid Mary was a huge issue 100 years ago or the 1918 flu or the Polio and Smallpox pandemics of the past to understand.

  7. #7
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19,471
    Rep Power
    21474864
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    We live in a "Drink the Kool-Aid because my political tribal leader said so" type situation.

    Apparently these people don't understand when Typhoid Mary was a huge issue 100 years ago or the 1918 flu or the Polio and Smallpox pandemics of the past to understand.
    They don't give a fuck. It's all about them and their 'freedumbs'.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11,911
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I love how friends, family, neighbors can't possibly give you a virus.
    There was less than 10 people there, but my family and a couple others kept theirs on. I was glad the pregnant people kept them on.

    It was so hot in there it was tempting. But fainting > COVID.

    They had a post baptism party that I didn't attend. I was just happy to see my niece. I hadn't had a chance to see her before. Though I really wanted to hold her, I didn't, because there was a slight chance I am infected. I stayed away from everyone and watched most of the baptism through the "crying room".

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  9. #9
    Moderator puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19,784
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    The Covid-Mary lady that I know, that jumped the line to get her vaccine, repeatedly had her granddaughter's friend over all last year because "I know them and they're safe".
    Ridiculous. One of my coworkers and I have been getting together at work most weekends. I trust her to be careful because she and her son both have serious health issues. We trade "curbside tips" She knows I am careful annnnd we still work at a distance and keep our masks on and use different restrooms while we are both working. Because, neither one of us can be sure the other is "safe"
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  10. #10
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19,471
    Rep Power
    21474864
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Ridiculous. One of my coworkers and I have been getting together at work most weekends. I trust her to be careful because she and her son both have serious health issues. We trade "curbside tips" She knows I am careful annnnd we still work at a distance and keep our masks on and use different restrooms while we are both working. Because, neither one of us can be sure the other is "safe"
    She thinks it's just not fair that they have to give up their lives, and she tells them to "be safe" so she knows they won't get or spread COVID. They had a 'prom' and have had multiple slumber parties and get togethers all year at her house.

    Then of course there is her actual daughter who is my age. They threw a wedding for her at their house (this is like engagement #8 so they wanted to move fast I guess before he slipped away) and had a bunch of hospital employees there. They had a DJ, open bar, catered, etc, but she assured me that it was super safe...and was pissed when I wouldn't be anywhere near her all year. The hand full of meetings I saw her at before I quit, I either sat across the room from her and masked constantly and left as soon as I could, or made the rest of the meetings be outside.

  11. #11
    Moderator puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19,784
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    She thinks it's just not fair that they have to give up their lives, and she tells them to "be safe" so she knows they won't get or spread COVID. They had a 'prom' and have had multiple slumber parties and get togethers all year at her house.

    Then of course there is her actual daughter who is my age. They threw a wedding for her at their house (this is like engagement #8 so they wanted to move fast I guess before he slipped away) and had a bunch of hospital employees there. They had a DJ, open bar, catered, etc, but she assured me that it was super safe...and was pissed when I wouldn't be anywhere near her all year. The hand full of meetings I saw her at before I quit, I either sat across the room from her and masked constantly and left as soon as I could, or made the rest of the meetings be outside.
    The stupid. It burns. We haven't seen most of Mom's sibs all year. The few people (I can count on one hand) that we've seen we met masked in the yard or in the garage with cross ventilation. We've missed weddings, funerals and baby showers, and we managed to get to the vaccination point with mom still healthy. We've had people we felt were pretty safe, end up getting sick, and in every case we can track things back to stupid choices involving close family members. Aunt D. got sick cause her Granddaughter in law went to her sisters birthday party and made her MIL (one of my Aunts caregivers) sick. That whole family was sick and one died and one still isn't all the well even tho this started in October. Aunt Marva got sick cause her grandkids live with her and they went to school and so on and so on...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  12. #12
    Senior Citizen Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    13,781
    Rep Power
    21474863
    You murder someone because you can't wear a piece of fucking cloth over your face?

    Sounds like this guy was a POS anyway - as he robbed someone at gunpoint just before this, and then his past record.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

  13. #13
    Senior Member kevansvault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Posts
    4,805
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Just as this bullshit started, my wife had planned to go up to see my sister and brother and their families, because she loooovvves spending time with her nephews, who were all very young at the time.

    Then covid hit, and the "adults" in 'Murica couldn't find common goddamn sense enough to do what the experts said, so now that is put on hold, likely indefinitely. She's heartbroken. I'm just fucking angry at every single douchebag fucknozzle twatmaggot dickhead who wouldn't know the difference between a fact and a fibula.

    Masks are worn for a reason. They protect you and me.

    Fuck you and your freedoms if you don't give a shit about others. Fuck your beliefs, and your family if you can't find it in your tiny heart to do the right thing for everyone.

    You want to be an asshole and not wear a mask? I hope you get shot, because you fucking earned that shit.

    To Officer Mitchum's family, I'm so sorry that your loved one was the victim of this pandemic. The victim of an uncaring, subhuman piece of shit, and for no good reason whatsoever, killed while protecting others. A 35 year old man child took your family member from you, and I hope he suffers long after his sentence is completed. There exists no justification for his actions.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

  14. #14
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19,471
    Rep Power
    21474864
    Sadly I think it's only going to get worse.

    I went to the grocery store, Walgreens, and Lowe's today. Over half of the people were not wearing a mask, and until here lately most people have been. I noticed that pretty much everyone not wearing a mask was older. I am wondering if they are getting the vaccine and saying fuck you to everyone else?

    I really wish there was a way to make anyone who refused to wear a mask or ever denied that Covid existed go to the back of the vaccine line. The same people who said it didn't exist, and never wore mask, and denounced the vaccines are the same people getting the first slots for the vaccine here in Florida. It kind of doesn't feel fair.

  15. #15
    Senior Member JohnLanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,808
    Rep Power
    8008681
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Sadly I think it's only going to get worse.

    I went to the grocery store, Walgreens, and Lowe's today. Over half of the people were not wearing a mask, and until here lately most people have been. I noticed that pretty much everyone not wearing a mask was older. I am wondering if they are getting the vaccine and saying fuck you to everyone else?

    I really wish there was a way to make anyone who refused to wear a mask or ever denied that Covid existed go to the back of the vaccine line. The same people who said it didn't exist, and never wore mask, and denounced the vaccines are the same people getting the first slots for the vaccine here in Florida. It kind of doesn't feel fair.
    True and these same people will show up at State Capitals again with a similar mantra once the next pandemic starts. It starts like this "Its a Richard Pan, Gavin Newsom and Kamala Harris conspiracy" I swear these conspiracy theorists will show up in my state and declare the next pandemic a conspiracy theory and blame the heroes at the CDC,WHO, NIH and FDA who are stopping the outbreak for shitty reasons. I blame Andrew Wakefield directly for this shit.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11,911
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Sadly I think it's only going to get worse.

    I went to the grocery store, Walgreens, and Lowe's today. Over half of the people were not wearing a mask, and until here lately most people have been. I noticed that pretty much everyone not wearing a mask was older. I am wondering if they are getting the vaccine and saying fuck you to everyone else?

    I really wish there was a way to make anyone who refused to wear a mask or ever denied that Covid existed go to the back of the vaccine line. The same people who said it didn't exist, and never wore mask, and denounced the vaccines are the same people getting the first slots for the vaccine here in Florida. It kind of doesn't feel fair.
    Didn't your awesome govenor drop the mask mandate there in most places? I heard people are still going to do spring break there-and you know they haven't been vaccinated and won't wear masks.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  17. #17
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19,471
    Rep Power
    21474864
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Didn't your awesome govenor drop the mask mandate there in most places? I heard people are still going to do spring break there-and you know they haven't been vaccinated and won't wear masks.
    Nope you're wrong. My awesome governor didn't drop the mask mandate...because to drop the mask mandate you would have to have one in the first place. He refused to ever put one in and said that each area could do their own, and very few of them passed a mandate and it was impossible to enforce the ones that did pass.

    Spring Break and Bike Week are starting. It's going to be epic.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11,911
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Nope you're wrong. My awesome governor didn't drop the mask mandate...because to drop the mask mandate you would have to have one in the first place. He refused to ever put one in and said that each area could do their own, and very few of them passed a mandate and it was impossible to enforce the ones that did pass.

    Spring Break and Bike Week are starting. It's going to be epic.
    OMG I didn't realize he never had one in the first place! What a dumbass.

    Hopefully you can steer clear of the spring break super-spreaders.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  19. #19
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19,471
    Rep Power
    21474864
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    OMG I didn't realize he never had one in the first place! What a dumbass.

    Hopefully you can steer clear of the spring break super-spreaders.
    Yeah, this is why I rag on him so much. He's Trump jr.

  20. #20
    Senior Member jennafyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    It rhymes with Sherona
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    15427542
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Nope you're wrong. My awesome governor didn't drop the mask mandate...because to drop the mask mandate you would have to have one in the first place. He refused to ever put one in and said that each area could do their own, and very few of them passed a mandate and it was impossible to enforce the ones that did pass.

    Spring Break and Bike Week are starting. It's going to be epic.
    Wanna come visit me in Canada? My city still has masks and cases are super low. I have a whole floor that could be all yours, or if sharing inside space makes you uncomfortable, you can stay in my she shed 😊

  21. #21
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19,471
    Rep Power
    21474864
    Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    Wanna come visit me in Canada? My city still has masks and cases are super low. I have a whole floor that could be all yours, or if sharing inside space makes you uncomfortable, you can stay in my she shed ��
    I would love to! I living in Florida (except when the hurricanes come) but it's been a big screwup during this whole COVID thing.

    Canada seems to have done it much better! Plus Canada is beautiful! I've spent several weeks up traveling Canada and was impressed with everything I saw.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •