Thread: Police shoot, kill Adam John Lundt (24) outside Walmart in West Sacramento, officials say

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Police shoot, kill Adam John Lundt (24) outside Walmart in West Sacramento, officials say

https://www.kcra.com/article/shootin...ento/35637605#

. WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. ?
    Police shot and killed a man Thursday afternoon near the Walmart in West Sacramento after a report of someone with a knife in the area, officials said.

The West Sacramento Police Department said it received the call of the person with a knife around 3:45 p.m. at a Walmart parking lot near Riverpoint Court.

When officers approached the suspect, believed to be a man in his 20s sitting inside a vehicle, police said they shot him. It is unknown what led to the shooting, but the person exited the vehicle prior to the shooting.

It is unclear if the man had the knife during the time of the shooting. Police said more than one officer was present when it happened.

"Deadly use of force is something we take seriously at the West Sac PD, and it's a last resort when there are no other options available," said Stefan Iwanicki, West Sacramento Police public information officer. "All our officers here at West Sac PD have body cameras, [and] vehicle cameras. Those are all things we will look at in our investigation to put the pieces together."

Officers are asking people to avoid the area of Reed Avenue and Riverpoint Drive while the scene is active.

Police said the Woodland Police Department and the Yolo County District Attorney's Office are investigating.

Literally around the corner from my work. I go to that arco all the time...and the Walmart. This shooting happened 30 minutes after I left work so I missed it all.

This is such a bad area.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. —
    The man shot and killed by West Sacramento police officers likely won't be identified until Tuesday of next week, at the earliest, following an autopsy, a spokesman for the department said.

Investigators spent hours Thursday afternoon and evening -- piecing together the incident that left a man in his 20s dead.

National use-of-force expert Ed Obayashi is not involved with the investigation of this case but explained to KCRA 3 what's considered “reasonable” when it comes to the use of deadly force, as outlined by California statutes.

“The officer who employs deadly force against an individual must reasonably believe that he or she was in an immediate threat,” he said. “Either being faced with immediate threat of serious bodily injury or death to himself or herself or to others.”

Officers can use deadly force if the person they've encountered is believed to be an immediate threat -- something that's measured with "reasonable objectiveness.” In other words, would other officers, in that same situation, in that same moment, have felt the same way.

Also factored into this investigation will be information that shaped the mindset of the officers prior to shots being fired. Things such as the nature of the emergency call, whether the suspect vehicle plates are tied to someone wanted by authorities, and whether officers took the right steps before deploying lethal force.

“Was it feasible for officers to employ de-escalation techniques?” Obayashi explained officers will be called upon to determine. “Any relevant information is going to factor in significantly in the analysis of the use of force.”

Obayashi said it may take a couple of days before we have more details on the moments leading up to the shooting. Body cameras, patrol car cameras and surveillance video from surrounding businesses will be examined.

Investigators will also need to interview the officers involved who are typically given a minimum of 48 hours before they undergo interviews about incidents like this.

At a crime scene, officers are called upon to give what are called "public safety statements" to ensure the greater community is no longer at risk, but then officers are afforded two sleep cycles before they’re interviewed about all the details regarding an incident of this nature.

“The more thorough, in-depth investigative interview … takes place after all the evidence has been analyzed and the witness statements have been taken,” Obayashi.

https://www.kcra.com/article/use-of-...ated/35655416#

JL, are you having issues accessing the Sacramento decedent page? I keep getting an error message when I click "search". Does this happen to you?

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    JL, are you having issues accessing the Sacramento decedent page? I keep getting an error message when I click "search". Does this happen to you?
    sometimes I do have issues with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    sometimes I do have issues with it too.
    Never have until yesterday. Still not working today.

https://www.kcra.com/article/man-sho...ified/35703411

Adam John Lundt.(24) killed by police

WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. —

Officials have identified the man killed in a West Sacramento police shooting last week as 24-year-old Adam John Lundt.

The West Sacramento resident's identity was released Tuesday by the Yolo County Sheriff's Office. He was shot and killed by officers after he was reported to have a knife near the Walmart parking lot near Riverpoint Court, but it was never clarified if he had the knife at the time of the shooting.

The police department said it first received the call around 3:45 p.m. on Thursday. When officers approached him, they shot him. It remains unknown what led to the shooting, only that Lundt exited the vehicle prior to the shooting.

More than one officer was present when the shooting happened, the police department said.

The Woodland Police Department and Yolo County District Attorney's Office are conducting an independent investigation into the shooting, West Sac police said.

https://fox40.com/news/local-news/ma...re-being-shot/

. WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) — The West Sacramento Police Department released video Thursday of a deadly shooting that happened Feb. 25 near Walmart and Ikea.

Police say the incident began around 3:30 p.m. when they received a report that a man had stabbed himself in the neck in the Walmart parking lot.

The man was later identified as 24-year-old Adam Lundt.

Officers went to the area and found Lundt in his car at the intersection of Riverpoint Court and Reed Avenue. As one officer gets out of his vehicle, another can be heard off-camera noting that Lundt appears to be reaching around for something.

Lundt gets out of his car and immediately charges at the nearby officer with a gun and knife. Police later learned it was a pellet gun and that the knife had been bought at Walmart minutes before the incident.

Video shows Lundt stumble and fall after being shot, but he immediately stands back up at which point a second officer shoots him with a Taser.

Lundt then charges at the second officer. Shortly after, he falls back down when both officers shoot at him.

A nearby ambulance tried to get close to the scene immediately after Lundt was shot but was told to move away. It was then allowed entrance after officers were sure Lundt was “no longer a threat to the public.”

Lundt died at the scene.

The Woodland Police Department will be conducting an independent investigation into the shooting.

Thread Information