Thread: Miguel Hernandez (20) and one other killed in drive-by shooting in Yuba City

Miguel Hernandez (20) and one other killed in drive-by shooting in Yuba City

https://www.kcra.com/article/sheriff...city/35756781#

YUBA CITY, Calif. ?
    Two men were killed and three other people were injured after a drive-by shooting in Yuba City on Saturday night.

The Yuba City Police Department and the Sutter County Sheriff?s Office responded to reports of a shooting on the 1400 block of Countryside and Littlejohn drives around 8:20 p.m.

The sheriff?s office said initial reports showed that a vehicle had pulled up to the side of the house and shot several times into the backyard of a home where a gathering was happening.

Deputies who responded to the shooting found two people dead at the home, with three more who had been injured. Those injured were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, officials said.

Detectives are still investigating the shooting.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021...-in-yuba-city/

. YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Two men were killed and three other people were injured in a drive-by shooting in Yuba City on Saturday night, according to the Sutter County Sheriff’s Office.

The shooting happened shortly before 8:30 p.m. in the area of Countryside Drive and Littlejohn Drive.

Investigators said a car pulled up to the side of a home and several shots were fired into the backyard where numerous people were gathered. Information regarding a suspect was not available.

The two deceased men were located in the backyard, while the three injured persons were transported to Rideout Memorial Hospital for treatment, the sheriff’s office said.

The identities of the deceased persons have not yet been released.

But CBS13 spoke with Zaira Hernandez, who told us that her 20-year-old cousin Miguel Hernandez was one of the victims. Hernandez, who lives in Washington, had the tragic news confirmed by her other family members in a group chat.

“I see all of the messages, kind of like ‘Is it true? Tell me it’s a lie,’ and then everyone was saying it was true. And obviously, tears just came down,” Hernandez said.

She said that Miguel Hernandez was at some kind of family gathering when the shots rang out.

CBS13 spoke with some neighbors who said the situation is shocking to see happen in their quiet neighborhood.

“It’s really frightening because it happened close to home,” Tony Gill, a neighbor, said.

“That’s the one thing nobody wants to think about. And you start to wonder about the area you live in,” said Ramero Pena, another neighbor.

Hernandez hopes for justice to be served following her cousin’s death.

“It just upsets me that someone woke up yesterday and decided to take away his life,” Hernandez said.

It’s not confirmed if this drive-by was gang-related, but that is something that detectives are looking into, according to the sheriff’s office.

https://news.yahoo.com/yuba-city-dri...065500377.html

- A family wants justice tonight after a deadly drive-by shooting in a Yuba City neighborhood.

- Two men left dead, three others hurt.

- "CBS 13's" Ryan Hill spoke with a cousin of one of the victims and has her heartfelt message for whoever pulled that trigger.

RYAN HILL: There are plenty of bullet holes in this fence as investigators dig into what happened in this deadly drive-by. A cousin of one of the victims tells me they have no idea why anyone wanted to do this.

ZAIRA HERNANDEZ: And I hope that they can't sleep at night.

RYAN HILL: Zaira Hernandez is heartbroken tonight. She tells me that her soccer-loving 20-year-old cousin, Miguel Hernandez, was shot and killed in a drive-by at a Yuba City home on Saturday night.

ZAIRA HERNANDEZ: You know, we have a group chat where all of us cousins talk. I see all the messages, and I'm just like, is it-- is it true? Tell me it's a lie. And then everyone was saying that it was true. And honestly, like, tears just came down.

RYAN HILL: Hernandez says that her cousin was at some kind of family gathering that went horribly wrong. County Sheriff's Office says a car drove up alongside the home on Courtside Drive and Little John Drive just before 8:30 and fired the deadly shots.

[GUN SHOTS]

A neighbor's Ring camera captures the sound of the shots ringing out. Investigators say Hernandez and one other man were killed and three other people were injured.

- It's kind of really frightening 'cause it's happening close to home.

- That's the one that we didn't-- nobody wants to think about. And then starts to wonder about the area you live in.

- I'm just more concerned about the family and the other families around.

RYAN HILL: Now, Zaira Hernandez and her family are seeking closure after this tragedy and answers.

ZAIRA HERNANDEZ: I hope justice is served. It just upsets me that, you know, someone woke up yesterday and decided to take away his life.

RYAN HILL: The Sutter County Sheriff's Office tells me that the investigation is still ongoing. It's not clear if this drive-by was gang-related, and that's something that detectives are also looking into.

Thread Information