Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods Involved In Serious Vehicle Rollover, Requiring Jaws Of Life To Remove Him

Tiger Woods Involved In Serious Vehicle Rollover, Requiring Jaws Of Life To Remove Him

https://www.tsn.ca/tiger-woods-invol...dent-1.1597753

Agent: Woods has 'multiple leg injuries' after car accident

Tiger Woods was injured in a serious car accident in California Tuesday, the Los Angeles County Sheriff?s Department has announced. It was a single-vehicle car roll-over.

In a statement to Daniel Rapaport of Golf Digest, Woods' agent Mark Steinberg said the 45-year-old "suffered multiple leg injuries."

"Tiger Woods was in a single-car accident this morning in California where he suffered multiple leg injuries," Steinberg said. "He is currently in surgery and we thank you for your privacy and support."

This morning @LMTLASD responded to a roll-over collision in which @TigerWoods was injured. Please see our statement... pic.twitter.com/cSWOxKZC1w

? LA County Sheriffs (@LASDHQ) February 23, 2021
    The LA County Sheriff?s Department said Woods' vehicle sustained major damage and he had to be extricated from the wreck with the 'jaws of life.' Woods was taken to the hospital.

The Sheriff?s Department is conducting an investigation of the accident.

More details to come.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/sec...ts-locals-say/

The part of Hawthorne Boulevard where Tiger Woods lost control of his SUV Tuesday and was seriously injured in a rollover crash is a steep, winding road described by locals and officials as a “hotspot” for car crashes.

At the intersection where Woods crashed, Hawthorne Boulevard forms the border of Rancho Palos Verdes and Rolling Hills Estates — part of the Palos Verdes Peninsula known for tony gated neighborhoods, cliffside vistas and winding seaside roads.

The intersection is a well-trafficked area, on the east side of Palos Verdes Peninsula High School and just north of the Promenade on the Peninsula shopping center.

One man who lives in the area told KTLA Tuesday that the stretch of road is dangerous if you’re not careful.

“The one thing that all of us in this area recognize is we go through brakes a lot,” he said. “Because of this grade and the speed you pick up, you typically have to ride your brakes as you’re coming down.”

It’s easy to hit 65 mph if you’re traveling a typical speed and not riding your brakes, he said. Meanwhile, the road curves, “and if you’re not paying attention it’s easy to miss that turn, and/or overcorrect and find yourself in a bad situation.”

Los Angeles County sheriff’s Deputy Carlos Gonzalez, who is investigating the crash and was among the first on scene, described the stretch of road as “one of our trouble spots.”

“Our locals in Rancho Palos Verdes and Rolling Hills Estates know that it’s a hotspot for traffic collisions as well as speed,” he said in a news briefing Tuesday afternoon.

The speed limit in the area is 45 mph, but Gonzalez said he’ll sometimes catch people going 80 mph.

“People see a nice stretch of road, and maybe they’re not watching the speedometer, or maybe they’re in a hurry,” he said.

What exactly caused Woods to crash his 2021 Genesis GV80 SUV around 7:15 a.m. remains under investigation. However, intoxication is not believed to have played a role.

Sheriff Alex Villanueva said there were no skid marks or signs of braking at the cash site, and he apparently first crashed into the center median where a “Welcome to Rolling Hills Estates” sign sits.

From there, Woods’ vehicle cut across the other side of the road before hitting a curb then a tree, rolling over several times in the process and coming to rest several hundred feet from the center divider in vegetation along the west side of the road, Villaneuva said.

Woods was traveling downhill on a curve at a “relatively greater speed than normal,” the sheriff said.

Villanueva also acknowledged the area “has a high frequency of accidents” because it slopes downhill while also curving.

While investigators were responding to the scene Tuesday, a second collision occurred between two “looky-loos,” according to the sheriff. There were no injuries as a result of that crash, he said.

Woods, meanwhile, was seriously injured and had to be pried from his SUV with a Halligan bar and an axe, fire officials said.

The SUV’s front end was destroyed, but Villanueva said the interior cabin was “more or less intact, which kind of gave him the cushion to survive what otherwise would have been a fatal crash.”

An ambulance took Woods to the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. The golfer’s manager said he suffered multiple leg injuries and was undergoing surgery.

Gonzalez said the fact that Woods was wearing a seat belt and the nature of his SUV likely contributed to his survival.

“I will say that it’s very fortunate that Mr. Woods was able to come out of this alive,” Gonzalez said.

When Gonzalez was directed to the SUV by a neighbor who’d called 911, he said Woods was seated in the driver’s seat and able to communicate, but not able to stand on his own. Because Woods was calm and lucid, the deputy says he determined it would be safest to wait for fire officials to extricate the golf star.

The Lomita sheriff’s station is continuing to investigate the crash and expects to have a detailed report prepared in several weeks.

Woods, 45, suffered ?comminuted open fractures? ? meaning multiple breaks in which part of the bone breaks through the skin ? in both the upper and lower portions of his right tibia and fibula, which required doctors to insert a rod into the tibia, according to a statement from Anish Mahajan, chief medical officer and CEO of Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, released early Wednesday by Woods?s representatives.

?Additional injuries to the bones of the foot and ankle were stabilized with a combination of screws and pins,? Mahajan?s statement said. "Trauma to the muscle and soft-tissue of the leg required surgical release of the covering of the muscles to relieve pressure due to swelling.?

Woods?s team added that the golfer is ?awake, responsive and recovering in his hospital room? after what it described as a ?long? surgery.
    Because of the ?open? nature of Woods?s fractures, sometimes also called compound fractures, the risk of infection is significant, and the likelihood of additional surgeries is high, according to experts in the field of orthopedic trauma surgery. The injury suffered by quarterback Alex Smith of the Washington Football Team is one well-known example.

?This is not a one-surgery [condition]. This is a multiple-surgery [condition],? said David L Helfet, orthopedic trauma surgeon at Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan. With an open fracture, he said, protocols call for multiple debridements ? the removal of dead, damaged or infected tissue.

In addition, Helfet said, Woods ?may need soft-tissue procedures, maybe a skin graft. He may need multiple, additional procedures to stabilize the bone perfectly, to restore the length, alignment and rotation of the leg.?

Insight into Woods?s condition and prognosis by those outside his immediate medical team are naturally limited by a lack of detailed knowledge of the specifics of his case. Among the questions left unaddressed by the statement early Wednesday from Woods?s team was whether there were additional injuries to his left leg, as initial reports suggested.

However, Helfet, a surgeon for 40 years, was cautious about Woods?s prognosis.

"To get one of these injuries healed ? the bone healed, the soft tissues recovered, [and] assuming there?s no nerve and artery damage and the muscle is recoverable, you?re talking about, until he can walk and put weight on his leg and actually have function, two to three months, at least.

?Golf,? Helfet added, ?is immaterial.?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport..._medium=social
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/d...ription-drugs/

Theres a story out there that Tiger Woods had issues with Opioids in the past prior to the accident in Los Angeles County. It would not shock me if he is still fighting his Opioid issues due to surgery.

Tiger Woods teed off the week of Memorial Day by making headlines with a DUI arrest in Jupiter, Florida. The 41-year-old golf champion was found asleep at the wheel of his black Mercedes-Benz overnight on Monday, May 29. The 3 a.m. arrest came after police determined that he was driving while intoxicated. Instead of alcohol, Woods was under the influence of prescription medications.

The star athlete, who recently underwent fusion back surgery to alleviate pain and spasms, managed to pull over on the side of the road before falling asleep. Police found his car with the brake lights and right turn signal on. When questioned, Woods appeared disoriented and unaware of his whereabouts and was described by police as “cooperative but confused.” While a breathalyzer test proved a .000 blood alcohol level, Woods failed to pass a series of field tests, including a one-leg stand and finger-to-nose test.

Despite his cooperation, it was clear that the 14-time golf champion was incapacitated. When asked if he understood what was requested of him in reciting the alphabet, Woods said, “Yes, recite entire national anthem backward,” according to the affidavit. His slurred and slow speech, along with a host of other symptoms, was more than enough for police to book the long-time Florida resident.

The famed golfer is no stranger to controversy when it comes to his personal life and driving. His wild success on the golf course was overshadowed by a Thanksgiving-weekend snafu in 2009 that temporarily halted his career. The incident involved a late-night, one-car crash just outside of Woods’ Windermere, Florida home. Woods is said to have clipped his hedges as his Cadillac Escalade pulled out of the driveway, hitting a fire hydrant before running into a neighbor’s tree while over correcting.

After the impact, Woods’ then-wife, Elin Nordegren, is famously reported to have broken the car window with a golf club to free him from the jammed door. While it is not clear if Tiger Woods was under the influence, he was prescribed Ambien and Vicodin at the time. Although the Florida Highway Patrol didn’t press charges after the 2009 event, Woods could face more stringent consequences following his most recent run in with the law. His trial is scheduled for July 5 in Jupiter, Florida.

Despite his well-documented struggled, including a costly divorce and public battle with sex addiction, Woods has steadily rebuilt a more positive public image in the past few years. After relocating to South Florida from the upscale Orlando suburb, Woods took on a new persona and began winning again. In 2012, he was victorious at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, his first win since 2009. In the years since, the only major obstacle that Woods faced has been his struggle with chronic pain.

Managing Sports Injury Related Pain

Tiger Woods has had his fair share of setbacks, including constant back and leg pain that have kept him away from the green intermittently over the past few years. His first major surgery took place in 2002 to remove fluid from around the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) of his left knee. Since then, he has faced a series of temporary sidelines at the hand of chronic injuries. After making a comeback following his divorce and working to heal his reputation, Woods sustained a back injury in 2014 that threatened his career once again. He has undergone several surgeries since then, the most recent of which was in April, 2017.

In a blog post on his website from May 24, 2017, Tiger Woods explains the reasoning behind his most recent surgery: “I had nerve pain with anything I did and was at the end of my rope.” After trying non-surgical methods, Woods decided to go under the knife once again for what he has described as a successful operation. While it is unclear exactly what medications Woods was on during the arrest — or if prescription drugs have been a recurring issue for the sports legend — it is clear that they were involved.

In a statement issued shortly after his release, Woods says, “What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn’t realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly.” And while it may seem like an anomaly, Woods’ situation is not unfamiliar to many who use prescription painkillers.

tiger woods back injury

According to the 2013 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, almost 9 million Americans regularly abuse prescription drugs. It’s a nationwide problem that impacts people from all walks of life. Although details on Tiger Woods’ relationship with medications hasn’t been revealed, it’s a struggle that impacts people of all walks of life. Prescription painkiller misuse isn’t an addiction that many come by intentionally. It’s a complex waltz between the intricacies of chronic pain and the drugs used to manage it.

The Dangers of Mixing Prescription Drugs

High-profile DUI charges are often associated with alcohol, but Tiger Woods’ case shows the dangers of other substances, particularly prescription drugs. Drugged driving is not only a threat to the person behind the wheel, but to everyone on and off the road. Understanding appropriate doses and potential chemical reactions is an important part of responsibly managing pain with the help of a licensed doctor.

A 2015 study revealed that over 2 million people in the United States suffer from opioid pain medication substance use disorders. Prescription drug misuse appears to be a homegrown issue, affecting Americans at an alarmingly high rate. Although the United States makes up only five percent of the world’s population, Americans consume 75 percent of the world’s prescription drugs. Opioid painkillers can be an effective way to treat pain, but Tiger Woods’ case, along with the struggles of many others, reaffirms the need for a reexamination of America’s relationship with prescription drugs.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...cation-problem

Former professional golfer Paul Azinger says some current PGA Tour players believe Tiger Woods is dealing with a potential addiction to pain medication.

On Thursday, Will Gray of the Golf Channel passed along comments Azinger made during an appearance on Fox Sports' The Herd with Colin Cowherd following Woods' recent DUI arrest.

"I know firsthand there are some players that think there's a problem there with Tiger," he said. "I don't, I haven't been around him much the last few years. But there are some players out there that are saying this has been a problem for a while."

Woods released a statement following the arrest to deny alcohol was involved in the incident. He said an "unexpected reaction" to his medication caused the problems.

"I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions," he said. "I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn't realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly. I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends and the fans. I expect more from myself too."

TMZ Sports noted the police report filed in Florida later verified those claims, with a breathalyzer test showing no signs of alcohol in his system after the arrest.

Azinger, who currently works as a Fox Sports golf analyst, said on The Herd the numerous injuries Woods has dealt with over the past decade is a concern.

"He's had a lot of back surgeries, he's had knee surgeries, he's had an Achilles issue. He's had a lot of pain," he said. "It would be easy for Tiger to get hooked on that, that very addictive drug, if he's hooked on it. I hope he's not."

The 1993 PGA Championship winner also urged the superstar's close circle of friends to help: "Tiger's close to a few people. Not many. And the few people that are around Tiger probably know there's a problem. And if they don't intervene, then it's on them. But addiction's a big deal, and if he's addicted, then somebody better intervene."

Here's a look at the full discussion about Woods' status between Azinger and substitute host Jason Whitlock:

The 14-time major champion hasn't played competitive golf since the Omega Dubai Desert Classic in early February due to continued back problems. Before the arrest, Woods wrote on his official website he "unequivocally" wanted to tee it up again but didn't provide a timetable for his return.

bone breaks through the skin
    This made me shudder, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

He was lucky that he lived, but I wonder if he's going to be able to walk normally again.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He was lucky that he lived, but I wonder if he's going to be able to walk normally again.
    Maybe not the same way though in the PGA but probably Tiger will come back but not as a professional golfer. Tiger could return as a spokesperson of the PGA or a golf pundit during PGA events.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Alex Smith came back to the NFL after his horrible compound fracture a few years ago, so there's hope.
    There was a piece on 60 Minutes about his rehab. He was treated at a military rehab facility. He apparently worked like a demon to come back. Tiger is 10 years older than Smith was, so it'll be just that much tougher for him. I wish him all the best.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Oh yeah, I don't mean he'll come back and play like he did. Ang had just mentioned him possibly not being able to walk again so I brought up Alex. My guess is that Tiger won't play professionally again. JL is probably right about what he will do.
    It's a good question. He's older than AS, but Golf is a much less taxing sport (not saying it's easy, it's not, but certainly not as brutal as pro football) If he's lucky and heals well (and of course he has access to the best docs anywhere in the world) So yeah. He certainly is at a cross roads.

I'm not like a huge fan of Tiger Woods or anything, but it's kind of sad to see so much talent potentially gone in the blink of an eye.

I saw a couple of headlines where they were interviewing his mistress. Like, who cares, is she also his surgeon? What is she going to be able to tell us about his condition. Sometimes they get so desperate with their reporting.
    I'm not a big fan, anymore. More like Nostalgic for the phenom he once was. Some people like Willie Mays are inspirational for the way they play the game and the way they live their lives... Kind of seemed for a hot minute like Tiger might be that sort. But once he showed that he was just a heck of a good golfer? Well nostalgia like I said. As for the mistress, yeah, who the heck cares what she has to say.

I'm not like a huge fan of Tiger Woods or anything, but it's kind of sad to see so much talent potentially gone in the blink of an eye.

I saw a couple of headlines where they were interviewing his mistress. Like, who cares, is she also his surgeon? What is she going to be able to tell us about his condition. Sometimes they get so desperate with their reporting.
    Yes I seen some of the local LA Reporters and some of the Sports/Talk pundits react like Tiger Woods had died but in reality Tiger Woods was viewed as a legend when he was at his peak in the late 1990's to early/mid-2000's. But for the past 10 years hes been struggling with his demons I see this debate over should we demonize him or have sympathy for him all through the past decade tough. I remember hearing that Tiger Woods had another crash in Florida and thats when he had to admit that he was addicted to opioids because of his golf injuries though. We just have to accept that Tiger will never be the way he was in the late 1990's/early 2000's when he was winning championships from left to right in the PGA.

A golf career is both a blessing and a curse. Tiger has been a pro for 25 years now. Most other pro sports he'd be long since retired and his career would have moved into whatever the next stage was going to be by now, but golf? Arnold Palmer played pro golf for 6 decades. Gary Player 56 years. And it's not odd at all to play golf well into your 70s, and beyond. So yeah, Tigers career can be said to have been cut short if he isn't able to make a comeback, and I suspect he hadn't made the mental journey that say pro football players make as they enter their forties. Farve not withstanding.

Yeah, he had that first crash out here in my local area right after I moved here. I remember how shocked everyone was about his addition. Not only was he this great golf guy, but he was their local celebrity and they didn't want to admit that he had a drug issue and was a philanderer.
    Yeah. He had this Mr. Clean rep, and then turns out to be a typical spoiled jock. Way too typical, really.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/bla...es-area-wreck/

Investigators who are looking into the rollover crash that injured golf legend Tiger Woods will rely heavily on data stored in the Genesis SUV he was driving to figure out what happened.

The 2021 GV80, made by the Hyundai luxury brand, is likely to have a newer version of event data recorders nicknamed “black boxes” after more sophisticated recorders in airplanes. They store a treasure trove of data for authorities to review.

There aren’t any U.S. regulations requiring the boxes, but the government does require the recorders to store 15 data points including speed before impact and whether brake and gas pedals were pressed.

The regulations don’t cover new partially automated systems that can control speed, brake, and steer cars on freeways, and they don’t address cameras and radar used in those systems. But some vehicles store some of the new systems’ data.

Woods suffered a serious leg injury when the SUV he was driving went off a Los Angeles County road and rolled over on a downhill stretch known for crashes. The county sheriff said Woods was not drunk and was driving alone in good weather when the SUV hit a raised median, went across oncoming lanes and rolled several times. The crash injured his right leg, requiring surgery.

It’s not clear how much of the crash Woods recalls, but the black box data should be able to fill in gaps.

It’s a computer that stores data from a vehicle’s sensors that can be downloaded by police officers investigating a crash. The boxes usually are below the center of the dashboard or beneath seats to be protected from damage.

Is there one in my car?
    Most likely yes. The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says nearly all vehicles have them now. Even during the 2005 model year, 64% of vehicles had the boxes. General Motors put the first recorder in a vehicle in 1994 that stored limited data, said Richard Ruth, who runs a Washington, D.C.-based consulting firm that does crash investigations and trains police officers in crash reconstruction.

What data does it store?
    A federal regulation effective with the 2013 model year requires event data recorders to store 15 items, including speed up to five seconds before impact, whether and how much the gas pedal was pressed, whether the brakes were applied, whether the driver’s seat belt was fastened, whether the front air bags inflated and how long that took, and the change in forward speed. Newer versions of the boxes can store sideways force taken from gyroscopes, measuring how fast a vehicle rolled over or whether antilock brakes and stability control were operating.

What did the SUV Woods was driving store?
    A Genesis spokesman wouldn’t say, but Ruth said other models made by Hyundai and affiliated automaker Kia record more than the required data. Some record steering angle before the crash, which would show how much the driver tried to avoid a crash, he said. The Kia Forte compact car, for example, records how much pressure was on the brake pedal so investigators can see how hard a driver was braking. Newer vehicles like the Genesis SUV are equipped with automatic emergency braking and other safety systems from which the box could also record data. But Ruth said that varies by automaker and he’s not sure how much was recorded in the Genesis. Data could be stored from radar and cameras from advanced cruise control systems, and from more advanced accelerometers and gyroscopes, said Scott Martin, an assistant research engineer in Auburn University’s GPS and Vehicle Dynamics Laboratory. Some General Motors, Subaru and possibly Toyota vehicles record pictures before, during or after a crash, Ruth said. Sometimes those are stored outside of the data recorder.

Should the government require more data be stored?
    Ruth says that would be helpful in crash investigations and in building databases to prevent or mitigate crashes. But Ruth also said such storage would be controversial because of privacy concerns. For instance, cameras in some vehicles now monitor whether the driver is paying attention to the road, but people might not want that information to be retrieved. Many drivers wouldn’t want police to be able to routinely access their speeds, especially in sports cars, Ruth said. “Customers probably don’t want cops or anyone else particularly knowing how fast they were going,” he said. Currently the event data recorders can only be accessed after a crash, with permission from a vehicle owner or by court order, he said.

Thank goodness I can finally say it: I do not care for Tiger Woods. I do feel bad that he has a long recovery ahead for him. I had read he "peeled" out of some parking lot, did they find out if the wreck was his fault? Or that more that a therapeutic amount of drugs were in his system?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Thank goodness I can finally say it: I do not care for Tiger Woods. I do feel bad that he has a long recovery ahead for him. I had read he "peeled" out of some parking lot, did they find out if the wreck was his fault? Or that more that a therapeutic amount of drugs were in his system?
    All they've said (that i've seen) is it's NOT alcohol related and that the stretch of road has seen lots of accidents. Drug screening will take more time.

https://www.kron4.com/news/californi...ter-suv-crash/

ROLLING HILLS ESTATES, Calif. (AP) — A man found Tiger Woods unconscious in a mangled SUV after the golf star crashed the vehicle in Southern California, authorities said in court documents obtained Friday.

The man, who lives near the site in Rolling Hills Estates, heard the crash and walked to the SUV, Los Angeles County sheriff’s Deputy Johann Schloegl wrote in an affidavit.

The man told deputies that Woods would not respond to his questions. The first deputy on the scene, Carlos Gonzalez, has said Woods was able to talk to him and answer basic questions. Woods told deputies — both at the scene and later at the hospital — that he did not know how the crash occurred and didn’t remember driving, according to the affidavit.

Law enforcement has not previously disclosed that Woods had been unconscious following the crash. Officials had said earlier that the SUV had rolled over, though Schloegl’s description of the crash did not include that.

The information came in a statement of probable cause requesting that a search warrant be approved for the Genesis SUV’s data recorder, known as a black box. Schloegl requested data from Feb. 22 and Feb. 23. The crash occurred around 7 a.m. on Feb. 23.

“I believe the data will explain how/why the collision occurred,” Schloegl wrote.

Sheriff’s representatives have declined to say what was discovered in the recorder and did not immediately respond to an additional request for comment Friday. The man mentioned in the court documents did not immediately return requests for comment from The Associated Press.

Woods was driving a 2021 GV80, made by the Hyundai luxury brand, as the tournament host of the Genesis Invitational at Riviera Country Club. The SUV went off a Los Angeles County road and crashed on a downhill stretch known for wrecks.

Dr. Andre Campbell, a trauma surgeon at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center, said it’s not unusual for patients in major vehicle crashes to lose consciousness or suffer memory lapses — especially if they sustained head injuries.

“This is a credit to modern engineering, really, that he’s alive,” said Campbell, who is not involved in Woods’ treatment and spoke generally about trauma patients.

Campbell said the loss of consciousness could last just a few seconds or a couple minutes, or even a few hours. The memory loss may never return, he said.

“A lot of times people will tell you, ‘I don’t remember what happened,’” he said.

Sheriff Alex Villanueva has said Woods was driving alone in good weather, there was no evidence of impairment, and the crash was “purely an accident.”

Schloegl previously told USA Today that he did not seek a search warrant for Woods’ blood samples, which could be screened for drugs and alcohol. In 2017, Woods checked himself into a clinic for help dealing with prescription drug medication after a DUI charge in Florida.

The crash injured Woods’ right leg, requiring a lengthy surgery to stabilize shattered tibia and fibula bones in his right leg. A combination of screws and pins were used for injuries in the ankle and foot.

It was the 10th surgery of his career, and came two months after a fifth back surgery. Through it all, Woods has never gone an entire year without playing, dating back to his first PGA Tour event as a 16-year-old in high school.

https://fox5sandiego.com/sports/tige...gery-recovery/

(NEXSTAR) – Golf legend Tiger Woods thanked medical staff and supporters after returning home to recover from serious leg injuries he suffered after crashing an SUV in the Los Angeles suburbs nearly a month ago.

“Happy to report that I am back home and continuing my recovery. I am so grateful for the outpouring of support and encouragement that I have received over the past few weeks,” Woods said in a statement Tuesday. “Thank you to the incredible surgeons, doctors, nurses and staff at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. You have all taken such great care of me and I cannot thank you enough.

It’s not yet clear whether or not Woods, now 45-years-old, will be able to continue his Hall of Fame career after the single-vehicle wreck left him with a shattered tibia and fibula bones. Doctors used a combination of screws and pins to repair the damage.

Woods was driving a 2021 Geneses GV8o courtesy car loaned to him by the Genesis Invitational at Riviera Country Club when the crash happened the morning of Feb. 23.

A man who lives in the area first found Woods inside the mangled SUV; he later told deputies that the golfing great lost consciousness as he tried to talk to him.

The first deputy, Carlos Gonzalez, arrived minutes later the morning of Feb. 23 and has said Woods appeared to be in shock but was conscious and able to answer basic questions. Woods suffered severe injuries to his right leg and cuts to his face.

Woods told deputies — both at the wreckage and later at the hospital — that he did not know how the crash occurred and didn’t remember driving, according to the affidavit.

Sheriff Alex Villanueva has said Woods was driving alone in good weather, there was no evidence of impairment, and the crash was “purely an accident.” However, depending on what is found on the data recorder, Woods could face a misdemeanor driving charge or a traffic citation.

Dr. Andre Campbell, a trauma surgeon at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center, said it’s not unusual for patients in major vehicle crashes to lose consciousness or experience memory lapses.

“A lot of times people will tell you, ‘I don’t remember what happened,’ ” he said, adding the memory loss may never return.

“This is a credit to modern engineering, really, that he’s alive,” said Campbell, who is not involved in Woods’ treatment and spoke generally about trauma patients.

It was the 10th surgery of his career and came two months after a fifth back surgery. Through it all, Woods has never gone an entire year without playing, dating back to his first PGA Tour event as a 16-year-old in high school.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

I feel like if it wasnt something embarrassing, it would have been released. Thats just my personal opinion.

Is it against the law to masturbate while driving down the road or should the masturbator pull over?

Asking for a friend....

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/us/ti...use/index.html

The cause of Tiger Woods's crash will be released today, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says
    Tease!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Well that was a let down and boring. I was hoping for something juicy.

Why did they not do a blood test? That's bullshit.

Yeah, I'm sure you and I would get treated the same in the same situation.
    Right?!

Thread Information