Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Stillborn Image Gallery & Memorial Site

Re: Stillborn Image Gallery & Memorial Site

I saw a picture on that memorial page that was soooo sweet. It was a little baby girl and they had her posed just like she was sleeping with flowers on her head.
    I can't find it again. Man, it was so sweet.
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

I hope I remember never to click on that link again.
    So depressing.

I know I'll get thrown to the wolves, but I have to ask?  Why did so many of those babies have a rash like on there face?
    I&#039;m a noob too!&nbsp; Honestly, just eat a sheet of acid and come post for a few hours.&nbsp; You&#039;ll win this crowd over in no time.&nbsp; <br />&nbsp; Stolen with permission from: ChokenVictim.&nbsp; (did I spell that right?)

[quote author=Mealworm link=topic=8463.msg440627#msg440627 date=1183265691]
    I know I'll get thrown to the wolves, but I have to ask?&nbsp; &nbsp;Why did so many of those babies have a rash like on there face?
    [/quote]
    I think that it is where the blood has settled.&nbsp;

We lost our son when he was 1 month 1 day, SIDS....
    We don't have very many pictures of him while he was alive.&nbsp; When we had his memorial/funeral, my sister wanted to take pictures of him, I just couldn't let her.&nbsp; I didn't want to relive that memory or remember him that way (although, it is still hard not to, even 17 years later).&nbsp; But, unfortunately, people with stillborns don't have a choice, it's the only thing they have of their child.
    <br />Petulance...it&#39;s a bitch.

Thank you for answering my question.
    I&#039;m a noob too!&nbsp; Honestly, just eat a sheet of acid and come post for a few hours.&nbsp; You&#039;ll win this crowd over in no time.&nbsp; <br />&nbsp; Stolen with permission from: ChokenVictim.&nbsp; (did I spell that right?)

my oldest sister's daughter was still born. my sis took pics with her, like a sort of saying goodbye. I mean after nine months, I understand. I never thought it was creepy, and I was six when it happened. But she has pics of my ma, her, and my niece's dad, all holding her. Plus she got a hospital pic taken.
    She displayed the hospital pic in a frame, next to my other nieces hospital pic for a long time.... which I guess was her way of never forgetting Kira. Side note to that thought, my sister had a baby girl, the very next year, almost to the month, and my niece Courtne's hospital pic looked IDENTICAL to her first daughter. It was weird, .. but I anyways, I can see the parents needing to have that goodbye. A reminder..

ugh..those pictures are like a car accident scene..i know i shouldn't look, but i just cant help myself....they make me want to cry and sick to my stomach all at the same time. Some are so bizarre and most are completely heart breaking...:( RIP little babies. Stillborns are just not fair. They look so perfect...yet dead. ugh.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

okay now this one confuses me...I'm guessing they're twins..and the right one is stillborn and the left is alive...

&quot;um yeah, here's a picture of me next to my dead twin&quot; sooo sad.

"Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=8463.msg442354#msg442354 date=1183422885]
    okay now this one confuses me...I'm guessing they're twins..and the right one is stillborn and the left is alive...

&quot;um yeah, here's a picture of me next to my dead twin&quot; sooo sad.

[/quote]That's the only picture there's going to be of them together though.&nbsp; :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

I, obviously, can't stay away from this thread.&nbsp; Though I know I should.&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; A parent will never forget their lost child, if there is a picture or not.&nbsp; Though reading through this thread, I do, somewhat, wish that I did have pictures.&nbsp; And maybe here's why.&nbsp; My losses will never leave me, my ex or my son.&nbsp; We lived that nightmare (though my son was not nearly as affected at the time).&nbsp; When people, truly unknowing, ask about my lack of additional children, it is like a knife in my heart.&nbsp; What do you say to someone?&nbsp; Well, yeah, I really, really wanted more children, but they died in my womb.&nbsp; You see, what happened was they starved to death.&nbsp; By about six months, my blood started clotting and could not pass through the umbilical cord.&nbsp; So, basically, it was a slow downward spiral.&nbsp; I knew it was only a matter of time.&nbsp; Even injecting blood thinners into my stomach twice to three times a day didn't help.&nbsp; Trust me. I don't even think plastic surgery will help fix my stomach.&nbsp; I had to do injections around my belly button from the time I knew I was pregnant, until I lost the baby.&nbsp; This was, on average, six months.&nbsp; This was for the last four pregnancies when they finally got off their asses and figured out what might help me carry a child to term.&nbsp;
    Now, my son was my first pregnancy.&nbsp; Easiest in the entire world. I traveled about 3 weeks each month for work until I was 8 1/2 months. No drugs, no epidural.&nbsp; About 2 hours labor, maybe.&nbsp; Got to the hospital about 11:30 pm.&nbsp; He was born at 2:22 am.&nbsp; Doctor just barely made it because he figured first pregnancy, no rush.&nbsp; The moment I heard him and held him in my arms, I knew I wanted to do this again.&nbsp; See, I always said I never wanted to have kids.&nbsp; I never really much cared for the little critters.&nbsp; I thought they would be pretty cool at about 5 or 6 when they could communicate.&nbsp; Oh, how wrong I was.&nbsp; I fell in complete and totally love in about 6 seconds flat.&nbsp; That's faster, not much, than my car can get to 80 mph (I drive a hot rod).

Six months later, I found I was preggers again.&nbsp; Joy, oh joy.&nbsp; Of course we told everyone and got the stock answer.&nbsp; Oh you guys are in for lots of work with the kids being so close.&nbsp; Four months later, I lost the baby.&nbsp; Sitting in an airport waiting for a flight for a business trip.&nbsp; Kind of went really down hill from there.&nbsp; Again and again we tried.&nbsp; And, damn, could I get pregnant.&nbsp; It had to stop when I hemorrhaged with my last child.&nbsp; The thing is, I didn't want to stop.&nbsp; Even after all that, I wanted another chance for a baby.&nbsp; I'm not looking for sympathy at all.&nbsp; I'm trying to let others understand what that drive and heartbreak does to a person.&nbsp; And maybe let some of my own demons loose.&nbsp; A woman is built to have babies.&nbsp; And I know, with my hips, I was also built to have babies.&nbsp; When you can't fulfill that basic function, it destroys a part of you.&nbsp; More so, I really think I just needed to put this in writing so I can hopefully let it go.&nbsp; This almost destroyed me.&nbsp; I've tried to write about it many times.&nbsp; It just really hurts too much. I need to accept that maybe it's not my fault.&nbsp;

And yes, I know I just put the most tormented part of my life on teh internetz, but if I can help someone else in this situation, it will all be worth whatever judgement comes my way.&nbsp; Again, please no sympathy for me.&nbsp; If anyone needs a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen to, please, I know how it feels.&nbsp; Talk to me.
    I don&#039;t enter into mental warfare with morons.&nbsp; It&#039;s immoral and unethical.&nbsp; They have no ammunition.&nbsp; AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII&nbsp;&nbsp;

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=8463.msg443084#msg443084 date=1183445681]
    I, obviously, can't stay away from this thread.&nbsp; Though I know I should.&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; A parent will never forget their lost child, if there is a picture or not.&nbsp; Though reading through this thread, I do, somewhat, wish that I did have pictures.&nbsp; And maybe here's why.&nbsp; My losses will never leave me, my ex or my son.&nbsp; We lived that nightmare (though my son was not nearly as affected at the time).&nbsp; When people, truly unknowing, ask about my lack of additional children, it is like a knife in my heart.&nbsp; What do you say to someone?&nbsp; Well, yeah, I really, really wanted more children, but they died in my womb.&nbsp; You see, what happened was they starved to death.&nbsp; By about six months, my blood started clotting and could not pass through the umbilical cord.&nbsp; So, basically, it was a slow downward spiral.&nbsp; I knew it was only a matter of time.&nbsp; Even injecting blood thinners into my stomach twice to three times a day didn't help.&nbsp; Trust me. I don't even think plastic surgery will help fix my stomach.&nbsp; I had to do injections around my belly button from the time I knew I was pregnant, until I lost the baby.&nbsp; This was, on average, six months.&nbsp; This was for the last four pregnancies when they finally got off their asses and figured out what might help me carry a child to term.&nbsp;
    Now, my son was my first pregnancy.&nbsp; Easiest in the entire world. I traveled about 3 weeks each month for work until I was 8 1/2 months. No drugs, no epidural.&nbsp; About 2 hours labor, maybe.&nbsp; Got to the hospital about 11:30 pm.&nbsp; He was born at 2:22 am.&nbsp; Doctor just barely made it because he figured first pregnancy, no rush.&nbsp; The moment I heard him and held him in my arms, I knew I wanted to do this again.&nbsp; See, I always said I never wanted to have kids.&nbsp; I never really much cared for the little critters.&nbsp; I thought they would be pretty cool at about 5 or 6 when they could communicate.&nbsp; Oh, how wrong I was.&nbsp; I fell in complete and totally love in about 6 seconds flat.&nbsp; That's faster, not much, than my car can get to 80 mph (I drive a hot rod).

Six months later, I found I was preggers again.&nbsp; Joy, oh joy.&nbsp; Of course we told everyone and got the stock answer.&nbsp; Oh you guys are in for lots of work with the kids being so close.&nbsp; Four months later, I lost the baby.&nbsp; Sitting in an airport waiting for a flight for a business trip.&nbsp; Kind of went really down hill from there.&nbsp; Again and again we tried.&nbsp; And, damn, could I get pregnant.&nbsp; It had to stop when I hemorrhaged with my last child.&nbsp; The thing is, I didn't want to stop.&nbsp; Even after all that, I wanted another chance for a baby.&nbsp; I'm not looking for sympathy at all.&nbsp; I'm trying to let others understand what that drive and heartbreak does to a person.&nbsp; And maybe let some of my own demons loose.&nbsp; &nbsp;A woman is built to have babies.&nbsp; And I know, with my hips, I was also built to have babies.&nbsp; When you can't fulfill that basic function, it destroys a part of you.&nbsp; More so, I really think I just needed to put this in writing so I can hopefully let it go.&nbsp; This almost destroyed me.&nbsp; I've tried to write about it many times.&nbsp; It just really hurts too much. I need to accept that maybe it's not my fault.&nbsp;

And yes, I know I just put the most tormented part of my life on teh internetz, but if I can help someone else in this situation, it will all be worth whatever judgement comes my way.&nbsp; Again, please no sympathy for me.&nbsp; If anyone needs a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen to, please, I know how it feels.&nbsp; Talk to me.
    [/quote]
    Thank you for bearing your soul. I have 3 great wonderful kids. I'm lucky, I know. I thank whatever God that I was allowed to have them. I, sadly , have to say, I had an abortion between child 2 and 3. I won't go into the what and whys. Just my situation, my choice. But, seeing the babies made me feel really bad. I mean REALLY bad. I can't take back what I did. I can only learn from it.

I just got all my ultrasound pictures given to me at the doctors today, i guess they didn't need them anymore.
    It's been just over a year now since my miscarriage, I've dealt with it pretty well.
    But this made my heart hurt a bit.
    Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.<br />

[quote author=bekkyboo1985 link=topic=8463.msg443115#msg443115 date=1183448082]
    I just got all my ultrasound pictures given to me at the doctors today, i guess they didn't need them anymore.
    It's been just over a year now since my miscarriage, I've dealt with it pretty well.

[/quote]
    Sorry for your loss.

[quote author=Mealworm link=topic=8463.msg443121#msg443121 date=1183448455]
    Sorry for your loss.
    [/quote]

Thanx, it was early in the pregnancy. So it didn't look like much, thank god. I don't think I could have handled that.

[quote author=Mealworm link=topic=8463.msg443089#msg443089 date=1183446175]
    Thank you for bearing your soul. I have 3 great wonderful kids. I'm lucky, I know. I thank whatever God that I was allowed to have them. I, sadly , have to say, I had an abortion between child 2 and 3. I won't go into the what and whys. Just my situation, my choice. But, seeing the babies made me feel really bad. I mean REALLY bad. I can't take back what I did. I can only learn from it.
    [/quote]

Do not ever regret what you felt you had to do at that time. &nbsp;I am extremely pro-choice. &nbsp;We must make the best decisions we can depending upon what is happening in our lives at any given moment. &nbsp;Thank you for you comment. &nbsp;I did bear my soul and it had to be done. &nbsp;This is, I'm sure, another thread, but I don't feel there is such thing as god. &nbsp;Do not ever feel REALLY bad about what you felt was right in your life. &nbsp;It is a woman's right to choose. &nbsp;If you felt that you had to do what you did, then I truly believe that EVERYONE is better off with the decision you made.
    I don&#039;t enter into mental warfare with morons.&nbsp; It&#039;s immoral and unethical.&nbsp; They have no ammunition.&nbsp; AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII&nbsp;&nbsp;

[quote author=bekkyboo1985 link=topic=8463.msg443115#msg443115 date=1183448082]

[/quote]

Sweetie, did they just contact you now to ask you about the ultrasound pictures?&nbsp; Or did they say, well, we're not going to keep them any longer?

the color nine

I just want to express my feelings of sorrow to all who have experienced losses and to praise all for your strength.

You know, it just kind of struck me that this may have started out as weird &amp; bizarre.&nbsp; But this is really not what this has turned into.&nbsp; Major love and hugs to all the women that have lost such an important part of their being.&nbsp; Mom's forever.&nbsp; If you have had a life inside you, you are a mom and always will be.

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=8463.msg443167#msg443167 date=1183450312]
    Do not ever regret what you felt you had to do at that time. &nbsp;I am extremely pro-choice. &nbsp;We must make the best decisions we can depending upon what is happening in our lives at any given moment. &nbsp;Thank you for you comment. &nbsp;I did bear my soul and it had to be done. &nbsp;This is, I'm sure, another thread, but I don't feel there is such thing as god. &nbsp;Do not ever feel REALLY bad about what you felt was right in your life. &nbsp;It is a woman's right to choose. &nbsp;If you felt that you had to do what you did, then I truly believe that EVERYONE is better off with the decision you made.
    [/quote]
    Have you ever had that time in your life were you said,&quot;what if&quot; I'm there right now. I don't really seek an answer for my OWN choice, but I just wonder...what if. What if I didn't get the abortion? Would I have the awesome child of 16 that I have now?OR Would I be one of those mothers who is sitting on a street corner asking herself, &quot;if I'd had that abortion&quot;? &nbsp;Just things to ponder.

the color nine

I have to say that I have also had 3 such losses and it is hard as hell.&nbsp; I did start this thread because I did feel that posting pictures of your stillborn on the internet as strange.&nbsp; But, yes I am pleased that it brought out a dialog that hopefully has benefited some.&nbsp; &nbsp;

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=8463.msg443176#msg443176 date=1183450744]
    You know, it just kind of struck me that this may have started out as weird &amp; bizarre.&nbsp; But this is really not what this has turned into.&nbsp; Major love and hugs to all the women that have lost such an important part of their being.&nbsp; Mom's forever. If you have had a life inside you, you are a mom and always will be.
    [/quote]

That line made me cry, thank you so much.
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=8463.msg443188#msg443188 date=1183451452]
    I have to say that I have also had 3 such losses and it is hard as hell.&nbsp; I did start this thread because I did feel that posting pictures of your stillborn on the internet as strange.&nbsp; But, yes I am pleased that it brought out a dialog that hopefully has benefited some.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    [/quote]
    Thank you. It's not a subject you find on many sites. I'd have to say it's one of the only sites that we, as women, can be honest about our past and future.

I miscarried once, when I was 20. Most of the women in my family do, for the first one or two pregnancies...even still, it was hard not to get hopeful and excited. My boyfriend and I were at the mall in Japan when it happened. It was very scary and difficult to get help because I didn't know much Japanese. I knew it was a possibility, almost an inevitability, but it was still horrible.

My bff's sister carried her baby girl to term only for the baby (Nicole) to get her cord wrapped around her throat and die right before they got her out. That poor woman (Valerie) didn't speak to anyone for about 7 or 8 months.

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=8463.msg443168#msg443168 date=1183450436]
    Sweetie, did they just contact you now to ask you about the ultrasound pictures?&nbsp; Or did they say, well, we're not going to keep them any longer?
    [/quote]

I went in to get my back checked out today and as I was leaving the receptionist gave me an envelope and just said these are for you. I didn't know what they were until I got in the car and checked.

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=8463.msg443193#msg443193 date=1183451886]
    I miscarried once, when I was 20. Most of the women in my family do, for the first one or two pregnancies...even still, it was hard not to get hopeful and excited. My boyfriend and I were at the mall in Japan when it happened. It was very scary and difficult to get help because I didn't know much Japanese. I knew it was a possibility, almost an inevitability, but it was still horrible.

My bff's sister carried her baby girl to term only for the baby (Nicole) to get her cord wrapped around her throat and die right before they got her out. That poor woman (Valerie) didn't speak to anyone for about 7 or 8 months.
    [/quote]
    Most of my family have a few miscarriages, and I have lupus (which causes miscarriages) I don't thinking anything can prepare you for it though. I cant imagine being in another country though, that has to be so scary. I'm so sorry for your loss

I also cant imagine how awful that was for your bff's sister. I can't imagine being that far and losing it. I was 5 months, that was hard enough.
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

Thread Information