Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stillborn Image Gallery & Memorial Site

Re: Stillborn Image Gallery & Memorial Site

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=8463.msg439838#msg439838 date=1183172477]
    See, there you go being all logical and shit.
    [/quote]

I know, sometimes I wish I had a worse conscience.

[quote author=MissLyss link=topic=8463.msg439834#msg439834 date=1183172384]
    I seriously realized yesterday that I am way too overly sensitive. I always kind of use the rule, if someone said that about my dead child, how would I feel? If I wouldn't like it, I wouldn't say it. But...what do I know?
    [/quote]

I'll refrain then.  This time.

[quote author=Mooncalf link=topic=8463.msg439839#msg439839 date=1183172524]
    http://www.touchingangels.com/ there's a sample slideshow on the left side of the page
    [/quote]Damn you can't see the before and after pictures on that site.

I am hoping, but grossly not convinced, that this is a picture of the babies hair. 

Eww.
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

I think having a stillborn child would be SO much worse than miscarrying. I can't imagine how horrible that would be.

[quote author=Mooncalf link=topic=8463.msg439818#msg439818 date=1183171950]
    You mean the photo in the OP? There are several places online that will photoshop a stillborn baby's photos so they're more um... socially acceptable?
    [/quote]

I don't know man, this stuff is sad obviously, but why take pictures that are so horrible you have to photoshop them? 

[quote author=andrea0121 link=topic=8463.msg439851#msg439851 date=1183173060]

I don't know man, this stuff is sad obviously, but why take pictures that are so horrible you have to photoshop them? 
    [/quote]They look like dolls my daughter had.

[quote author=andrea0121 link=topic=8463.msg439851#msg439851 date=1183173060]

[/quote]

Wait, stillborn twins?!?!!??!??  Geeeeeeeeeeez.

I never had the opportunity to see my lost babies, except on ultrasounds.  They were perfectly formed little beings.  I don't know if I would have wanted to actually. I wear a mother's ring with each of their birth stones surrounding the center stone of my living son.  It's very difficult to answer the questions that arise from acquaintances when you are no longer pregnant with no baby taken home from the hospital.
    I don't enter into mental warfare with morons.  It's immoral and unethical.  They have no ammunition.  AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII  

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=8463.msg439864#msg439864 date=1183174475]
    I never had the opportunity to see my lost babies, except on ultrasounds.  They were perfectly formed little beings.  I don't know if I would have wanted to actually. I wear a mother's ring with each of their birth stones surrounding the center stone of my living son.  It's very difficult to answer the questions that arise from acquaintances when you are no longer pregnant with no baby taken home from the hospital.
    [/quote]

I can only imagine how horrible that is. I always feel so sad for people who have to go through that. I'm sorry for your loss, hun.

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=8463.msg439864#msg439864 date=1183174475]
    [/quote]

I can't even begin to imagine. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    <br /><br />I guess I&#39;ll never understand.

This is pregnancy #9 for me, total. I have 4 lovely children, 1 little daughter on the way VERY soon and the rest I lost. There was a twin at the beginning of this pregnancy lost to VTS ( http://multiples.about.com/cs/medicalissues/a/vanishingtwin.htm )&nbsp; I wear a bracelet to honor several of them, and really need a second bracelet so all the losses are represented.
    I've been &quot;lucky&quot; as my losses were very, very early on. Before the kicks and hiccups.
    If i had a still born (and my blood runs cold just thinking of this as I can feel BabyGirl rolling around inside of me) I would take as many pictures and momentos as they'd let me. But I'd keep them for myself, close famiy, and friends.
    for your losses, BFT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

[quote author=Mooncalf link=topic=8463.msg439894#msg439894 date=1183176175]
    This is pregnancy #9 for me, total. I have 4 lovely children, 1 little daughter on the way VERY soon and the rest I lost. There was a twin at the beginning of this pregnancy lost to VTS ( http://multiples.about.com/cs/medicalissues/a/vanishingtwin.htm )&nbsp; I wear a bracelet to honor several of them, and really need a second bracelet so all the losses are represented.
    I've been &quot;lucky&quot; as my losses were very, very early on. Before the kicks and hiccups.
    If i had a still born (and my blood runs cold just thinking of this as I can feel BabyGirl rolling around inside of me) I would take as many pictures and momentos as they'd let me. But I'd keep them for myself, close famiy, and friends.
    for your losses, BFT
    [/quote]

Isnt' it horrible that we have to consider the loss of a baby early in the pregnancy as lucky.&nbsp; I am so sorry for your losses.&nbsp;

I lost my children in the late 2nd trimester due to medical issues that cannot be cured.&nbsp; I also keep my losses very close.&nbsp; I try my damndest to stay away from any threads involving babies or little kids.&nbsp; I don't often share this information with others.&nbsp; My son, on the other hand, when asked why he has no brothers or sisters replies, my brothers and sisters are in heaven.

My ring had to be custom made due to the number of stones required.&nbsp; A part of my heart has been broken and will never heal.&nbsp;

Being a &quot;stay at home mom&quot; or &quot;working mom&quot; is moot.&nbsp; The fact that you are a mom is a gift that is more precious than anything on earth.&nbsp; I wish everyone could understand that and cherish it.

Extreme hugs to all that have lost.&nbsp; I weep for you all.
    I don&#039;t enter into mental warfare with morons.&nbsp; It&#039;s immoral and unethical.&nbsp; They have no ammunition.&nbsp; AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII&nbsp;&nbsp;

This is totally sad and heartbreaking! &nbsp;This should not happen to innocent little babies and their families. &nbsp;

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=8463.msg438342#msg438342 date=1183127313]
    One couple I babysat for had pictures like these.&nbsp; I was browsing through their photoalbum, and they had a number of pictures like these.&nbsp; It scared me something bad when I saw them.&nbsp; Just the same I feel like I need to look because obviously the parents want to preserve that the baby was here at one time, so as we don't forget.
    [/quote]

That reminds me of when I was at a friend's grandmother's house a couple years ago, she had a bunch of pictures in frames on a table and one of them was of her husband in his casket. Creeped me out a bit. I personally don't get taking photographs of deceased loved ones, but to each their own if it helps them grieve.
    No really: http://cashcrate.com/411285

ETA: That thanatos website brings to mind this older lady (90 something at the time) in my neighborhood, telling us about how when she was a young girl she remembered going to sing hymns at services for deceased, who were laid out in the parlor where people could come and pay their last respects. She was saying how she remembered going to one at my family's house. I was 11 or so at the time and both morbidly fascinated and creeped out by the idea that at one point our front room had a dead body laid out in it. The whole culture from around the turn of the century really interests me.

ETA again: I pulled a noob and quoted my own post..

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=8463.msg438342#msg438342 date=1183127313]
    My southern relatives have a belief that when you take a picture of a corpse, the picture witholds it's &quot;spirit&quot;&nbsp; &nbsp;:-o

One couple I babysat for had pictures like these.&nbsp; I was browsing through their photoalbum, and they had a number of pictures like these.&nbsp; It scared me something bad when I saw them.&nbsp; Just the same I feel like I need to look because obviously the parents want to preserve that the baby was here at one time, so as we don't forget.
    [/quote]

Aboriginals believe the same thing.
    Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.<br />

Wow, how depressing...I spent some time looking at the dead babies and the ones with a website. A bit too much time I'm afraid, I am so sad right now! Time to go run and give the kids a kiss, even my grandson is here and is getting one too! Hope it makes me feel better.

Someone mentioned lipstick on one of the babies....I don't think it was lipstick. The fingernails and lips turn a dark blue/purple/brown, especially if positioned in a way that the blood pooled there. Some with dark lips may have lipstick on them, but I don't think that is the case in general. (Maybe sometimes their lips have become so pale they didn't show, so they put lipstick on them?)

I've had a miscarriage, but I can't imagine having a stillborn. Mine was very early in the pregnancy and there was not really anything to take a picture of. Even if there had been, I wouldn't have since it was so early in the pregnancy. It was weird cause yea it was sad that the baby had died, but I didn't know I was pregnant until I was having the miscarriage. I suppose I didn't have the whole attachment/bond thing going on yet or ever. I think that is what the saddest part was for me, that I didn't really even have time to bond or get excited before I knew I was losing it.

I am really glad the medical profession handles the stillborn babies and their families with such respect. To be able to allow the family to grieve in what ever manner they want, that is exactly what these families need at that time. And to be able to get pictures would be a really important part of that. What people do with their pictures is up to them. Even if they never look at them again, at least then they have the choice.

RIP Baby Angels and condolences to all the mommies, daddies and siblings, their families and friends.

[quote author=Kelsie link=topic=8463.msg440036#msg440036 date=1183191488]
    ETA: That thanatos website brings to mind this older lady (90 something at the time) in my neighborhood, telling us about how when she was a young girl she remembered going to sing hymns at services for deceased, who were laid out in the parlor where people could come and pay their last respects. She was saying how she remembered going to one at my family's house. I was 11 or so at the time and both morbidly fascinated and creeped out by the idea that at one point our front room had a dead body laid out in it. The whole culture from around the turn of the century really interests me.

ETA again: I pulled a noob and quoted my own post..
    [/quote]

I'm not that old and my ex's family did the same thing when one of them died.&nbsp; Laid out in the parlor which was the wake.&nbsp; I really don't know if it was the catholic way or old New England way.
    I don&#039;t enter into mental warfare with morons.&nbsp; It&#039;s immoral and unethical.&nbsp; They have no ammunition.&nbsp; AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII&nbsp;&nbsp;

I cant imagine how horrible having a stillbirth would be. I think in that case, a picture is an alright situation to have something to hold on to. I have no idea how I would act in that. I understand its a personal thing, but sometimes it is more helpful to share than to keep something to yourself. Like I said, you probably wouldn't know how you would honestly react unless you were in those shoes. (I pray that no one ever is, and if you have been I am so sorry.)

I know that losing a child to a miscarriage was the worst feeling. I find myself still crying over it, and not knowing how to completely get over it. I never would have thought to take a picture with him. I did hold him, and get to say good-bye but that was it. I still get things in the mail saying your baby is this many weeks/months old (Everyone signed me up for free things online when I found out I was pregnant) I still break down at every one of those. I am so sorry to everyone that has had a miscarriage/lost a child.

If anyone ever is feeling bad, or needs a shoulder I'm always here.
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=8463.msg439910#msg439910 date=1183179134]
    Isnt' it horrible that we have to consider the loss of a baby early in the pregnancy as lucky.&nbsp; I am so sorry for your losses.&nbsp; &nbsp;

I lost my children in the late 2nd trimester due to medical issues that cannot be cured.&nbsp; I also keep my losses very close.&nbsp; I try my damndest to stay away from any threads involving babies or little kids.&nbsp; I don't often share this information with others.&nbsp; My son, on the other hand, when asked why he has no brothers or sisters replies, my brothers and sisters are in heaven.

My ring had to be custom made due to the number of stones required.&nbsp; A part of my heart has been broken and will never heal.&nbsp;

Being a &quot;stay at home mom&quot; or &quot;working mom&quot; is moot.&nbsp; The fact that you are a mom is a gift that is more precious than anything on earth.&nbsp; I wish everyone could understand that and cherish it.

Extreme hugs to all that have lost.&nbsp; I weep for you all.
    [/quote]
    I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, and I'm so happy that you have your son.&nbsp; I don't know how I would be able to go on, after so much heartache.&nbsp; You really are an inspiration.

[quote author=Kelsie link=topic=8463.msg440036#msg440036 date=1183191488]

[/quote]

People still do that in some parts of (backwoods) Kentucky. At least people in my family do.
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

a great big hug to BFT and Mooncalf

this poor baby looks to happy to be &quot;passed away&quot;

Thread Information