Thread: Derrick Woods (43) accused of killing Amanda Marie Owens (1)

Derrick Woods (43) accused of killing Amanda Marie Owens (1)

https://www.kcra.com/article/man-wan...lice/35514657#

WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. ?

A man wanted in connection with the death of a baby has been arrested, Lt. Nathan Steele with West Sacramento police confirmed on Tuesday.

Derrick Woods, of Sacramento, was arrested at a residence in the city around 12 p.m., police said. Police earlier said they obtained a warrant for Woods' arrest and had launched a regional manhunt.

Investigators with the Yolo County District Attorney?s Office and Sacramento police were also involved with the arrest.

Officers were first dispatched to Silvey's Motel in the 1000 block of West Capitol Avenue around noon Monday for a report of a welfare check, the West Sacramento Police Department said. There, a 1-year-old child was found dead from traumatic injuries. Another child was hurt in the incident, West Sacramento police confirmed on Tuesday.

Police had said Woods was considered dangerous and should not be approached if seen. They urged that anyone who knows Woods contact them.

Police explained how this type of crime is always difficult to investigate.

"This is absolutely a traumatic event for anybody ... especially family members of the deceased child. For the officers responding to it," Iwanicki said. "It?s very hard not to feel that emotional connection when you see a child harmed in such a way, especially that ends in their demise."

A spokesperson for the family identified the baby girl as Amanda Marie Owens and shared these photos of her with KCRA. The baby's 3-year-old brother was also hurt during the crime and is "recovering from injuries he sustained in the incident."

The West Sacramento Police Department is urging those struggling with family and life pressures to contact the Yolo County Child Abuse Prevention Council.

Other resources for those experiencing mental health issues can be found on the county's website. Another place for those seeking help can be found on the National Alliance on Mental Illness website.

The motel where this happened is literally around the corner from where I work. So glad he was caught.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://www.kcra.com/article/suspect...mento/35652232

. WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. —
    A second arrest has been made in connection to the death of a 1-year-old girl found with traumatic injuries in West Sacramento earlier this month, police said.

Derrick Woods, 43, was previously arrested and charged with murder, assault and child abuse after child Amanda Marie Owens was found dead at a West Sacramento motel.

On Friday, the West Sacramento Police Department announced that Woods' mother, 58-year-old Annette Womack, was arrested on charges of felony aiding and abetting and child endangerment. Womack was booked into the Yolo County Jail.

Amanda's 3-year-old brother was also found injured at the motel on Feb. 15.

Thread Information