Thread: Intense search underway for missing toddler (Kytana Ancog, 18m) last seen 2 weeks ago

Intense search underway for missing toddler (Kytana Ancog, 18m) last seen 2 weeks ago

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/0...th-her-father/

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - An intense police search is underway for a missing 18-month-old who was last seen two weeks ago, when she was dropped off to her father.

Police identified the child as Kytana Ancog.

'Help me look for my baby. She means the world to me. I love her so much,' said Kytana's mother Ashley Ancog.

Kytana was dropped off Jan. 31 to her father, Travis Rodrigues, at his Kaulainahee Place address in Aiea.

'She dropped the baby off with him and never got her back,' said Lisa Mora, Kytana's grandmother. 'I just want the public treat it as if it were their child or their grandchild.'

'Maybe you don't necessarily know where they are today, but let's say you saw them a couple days ago, maybe even a week ago, where was the last time you saw them and what time' Give us any kind of information. That would be very beneficial to the investigation,' said Sgt. Chris Kim, Honolulu CrimeStoppers Coordinator.

Rodrigues is a convicted felon with a long criminal history.

He served time in both federal prison and the Oahu Community Correctional Center.

In 2004, he was arrested for drug and firearms violations. Law enforcement said he was known to bring machine guns to drug deals.

Ahead of his sentencing in 2006, he sent a letter to U.S. District Court Judge Susan Mollway.

'I have been addicted to ice for about six years,' he wrote. 'I do admit that I have a problem and I am asking for help.' The letter was signed Travis Heffelinger, which police say is one of his aliases.

Rodrigues spent about a decade in prison. In 2016, Hawaii News Now cameras were there when he was arrested by deputy U.S. Marshals and Honolulu police for violating probation.

Two years later, he was one of CrimeStoppers most wanted men for a robbery in which police said he held up two people during a drug deal.

That case was dismissed by Circuit Court Judge Rowena Somerville, despite objections from prosecutors who asked that the case be delayed because a witness had moved to Las Vegas.

Rodrigues is known to frequent the Aiea, Pearl City, Kalihi and Waipahu areas.

Kytana is described as weighing about 40 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone who sees Kytana is asked to call 911 or CrimeStoppers at 955-8300.

This story will be updated.

Family friend says missing toddler was ‘all bruised up’ before disappearance

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/0...disappearance/

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - Honolulu police are still searching for the body of 18-month-old Kytana Ancog.

Kytana was last seen alive on January 31st. That’s when Elena Ganotise said her friend Ashley Ancog brought her daughter Kytana to her home.

“The last time I seen Kytana was when Ashley came out of the hospital. My son picked them up. They both came to my house,” Ganotise said.

Ganotise said Kytana appeared to be injured.

“She was all bruised up,” said Ganotise. “It was really bad. It was swollen. Her face was swollen … her head was swollen. She had unusual bruising on top her cheek.”

Ganotise said Kytana stayed with other friends while Ashley was in the hospital and she advised Ashley to take Kytana to see a doctor.

“I just told her go take her to the hospital. Check her out,” Ganotise said.

According to Honolulu police, the toddler was dropped off to her father Travis Rodrigues, 40, that day.

Rodrigues is now charged with murder.

Rodrigues friend Scott Carter, 48, is charged with first-degree hindering prosecution. Authorities say Carter helped hide key evidence in the case.

The two suspects have extensive criminal records.

Defense attorney Myles Breiner says it still may be a tough case to prove.

“The old general principal is no corpus, no crime. But the fact remains that they could prove the case circumstantially, certainly if someone has made any incriminating statements,” said Breiner.

If you have more information that can help police, call Crime Stoppers at 955-8300.

Father of missing toddler charged for second-degree murder; bail set at $2M

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/0...-child-so-far/

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - The father of a toddler who has been missing for two weeks was charged Monday with second-degree murder in connection with her disappearance.

Bail for 40-year-old Travis Rodrigues has been set at $2 million.

There still has been no sign of the child and authorities have not divulged any circumstances of the crime.

“On behalf of the Mora and Ancog family we are very grateful to hear that charges were filed today against Mr. Rodrigues and Mr. Carter and that we feel that their bail amounts (are) adequate,” family spokesperson Shawna Delos Santos said in a written statement Monday night.

“Since Kytana has not yet been located the family is still asking for the public’s help in bringing her home. If anyone has any information at all please call HPD.”

Legal experts said the case is likely based on statements that Rodrigues made to his relatives about 18-month-old Kytana Ancog’s whereabouts.

“Given what’s happened already in the case, if there were some admissions of responsibility or some type of explanation to a family member justifying what happened, that’s certainly more than enough to charge the case,” said defense attorney Myles Breiner.

“He was responsible for the child’s wellbeing and the child has disappeared.”

Authorities nabbed Rodrigues on Saturday in Honokai Hale and took him in for questioning in connection to the disappearance of his daughter, baby Kytana. By Saturday afternoon, HPD announced he was arrested, suspected of murdering the girl.

Police have also arrested and charged a second suspect — 48-year-old Scott M. Carter — for first-degree hindering prosecution. His bail has been set at $1 million.

Kytana was last seen Jan. 31 when her mother, Ashley Ancog, dropped her off at Rodrigues’ Aiea home.

On Friday night, police and K9 units searched that home along Kaulainahe’e Place.

Loved ones have been frantic in searching for the missing toddler, asking for any sign that may lead to her location. Some have said they feared the worst.

[Read a previous report: Intense search underway for missing toddler last seen 2 weeks ago]

HNN reached out to Ancog’s relatives, but they had no immediate comment. Leroy Rodrigues Sr., Rodrigues’ grandfather and head of Island-Wide Mortuary Services, also declined comment.

Rodrigues is a convicted felon with a long criminal history involving offenses for drugs and firearms.

CrimeStoppers Honolulu said the reason a Maile Amber Alert was not issued for this case is because early on, there was no indication the toddler was abducted and facing immediate danger.

Anyone with information on the case should call 955-8300. You may remain anonymous.

This story will be updated.

Picture came from Mom's FB

https://www.facebook.com/ashleya.ancog

Who would breed with this degenerate? And leave a child alone with him?

I will never understand people that give illegal drugs to kids.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm confused by the Elena Ganotise story.
    A bunch of ppl knew the poor baby was injured but did nothing? Including the mother?
    Why isn't the mother charged?

Did she drop him off because of a court order? I highly doubt a judge would have approved of that (though I have seen some crazy shit).

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information