Thread: Lawyer tells judge 'I'm not a cat' after a Zoom filter mishap in virtual court hearing

Lawyer tells judge 'I'm not a cat' after a Zoom filter mishap in virtual court hearing

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/09/us/ca...rnd/index.html

A livestream of a virtual court proceeding in Texas took an "appawling" turn when a lawyer appeared as a cat on screen.

Judge Roy B. Ferguson of the 394th Judicial District Court in Texas kindly addressed the cat in the virtual room, suggesting that attorney Rod Ponton adjust his Zoom settings. The mishap on Tuesday was posted by the court's YouTube channel.

"Mr. Ponton, I believe you have a filter turned on in the video settings," the judge said.

The small, white kitten looked sad with its concerned eyes darting back and forth. The kitten opened its mouth to speak.

"Can you hear me judge?" Ponton said, appearing in the cat filter.

"I'm here, live, I'm not a cat," he said a few seconds later.

Ferguson confirmed the Zoom mishap happened on Tuesday.

"It did actually happen. There was no joke involved," Ferguson told CNN via phone.

The Zoom filter was removed within seconds of that moment, Ferguson said. He added that he walked the lawyer through how to turn it off.

"When a child had been using the computer, (the child) turned on a filter," he said. "Of course, the lawyer would have no reason to even know that feature exists."

I saw this earlier, and I'm still laughing. I'm here in person. I am not a cat!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I saw this earlier, and I'm still laughing. I'm here in person. I am not a cat!
    I laughed so hard I cried when I watched it.

Fucking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Fucking hilarious.
    It really is. The eyes so big and freaking out! The setting so serious. It's not like just Joe at the office who sees your cat-incarnation, this is a freaking judge who can throw you in the pound for contempt. And yet the judge is merciful and only posted it on the interwebs so the whole world got a badly needed horse laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

"I'm not a cat." I cried.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information