Thread: Yale student Kevin Jiang (26) shot multiple times, possibly in a road rage incident

Yale student Kevin Jiang (26) shot multiple times, possibly in a road rage incident

This hurts and I don't even know him. From his FB, found out that he just got engaged. My condolences to his family and to his lady.

Jiang served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the Army National Guard. He also mentored youth and volunteered cooking food at a homeless shelter, Yale's president said.
    A true loss

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    This hurts and I don't even know him. From his FB, found out that he just got engaged. My condolences to his family and to his lady.
    ugh, those pictures got me. poor thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Yale graduate student shot dead may have been ‘targeted’: police

https://nypost.com/2021/02/09/slain-...rgeted-police/

A Yale University graduate student fatally shot in Connecticut may have been “targeted” in a road rage incident, police said.

Kevin Jiang, a 26-year-old enrolled in Yale’s School of the Environment, was shot multiple times late Saturday on a street in New Haven’s East Rock section and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The city’s police chief told reporters Monday that investigators now believe Jiang’s slaying wasn’t an act of random violence, but stopped short of speculating on a motive, the New Haven Independent reported.

“We are looking into whether or not Mr. Jiang was targeted,” Chief Otoniel Reyes said. “We have developed information that the incident may not have been a random act, that he was in effect targeted … This was not a drive-by. This was much more up close.”

Reyes said investigators had “very specific” leads in the case, but declined to elaborate what immediately preceded the shooting. Jiang’s body was found near his Toyota Prius, which had rear-end damage – prompting police to look into whether a car crash led to his slaying, the newspaper reported.

“We’re exploring every possibility including whether or not there was an accident that precipitated this incident or … whether or not it was a road rage incident,” Reyes told reporters. “There is a lot of speculation as to what occurred. We’re exploring every angle and every possibility. We do have very specific leads that we’re exploring.”

A message seeking comment from New Haven police was not immediately returned Tuesday afternoon.

A coroner ruled that Jiang died from gunshot wounds to the head, neck, torso and extremities, marking New Haven’s sixth homicide of the year, the New Haven Register reported.

A Facebook profile for Jiang, of West Haven, showed video of his Jan. 30 engagement to his 22-year-old girlfriend, Zion Perry, after one year of dating. The Yale biophysics doctoral student told the New Haven Independent their bond was centered on their shared Christian faith.

“The first thing that comes to mind is Jesus,” Perry told the outlet Monday of Jiang. “He was a vessel for his love. [Jiang] touched so many people … I can’t believe I had the privilege of actually knowing him. I don’t regret a single memory.”

Perry declined to say where she was when Jiang was fatally shot, saying she wanted to instead focus on remembering the better times they shared.

Jiang started studying at Yale after two years in environmental consulting. He was also an Army veteran – serving a tank operator and a chemical, biological, radiation and nuclear officer — and an Army National Guard member. He was set to graduate with a master’s degree in environmental science this upcoming fall, Yale officials said.

“This is a difficult loss for our community, and the coming days, weeks, and months will be challenging as we grieve together,” School of the Environment Dean Indy Burke Burke said in a statement.

Jiang was set to celebrate his 27th birthday on Feb. 14, according to his Facebook page.

“Life is a gift that I’m so thankful for,” Jiang’s Facebook bio read.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/mit-gradua...ry?id=75813773

MIT graduate named person of interest in murder of Yale student
    They won't say he is the shooter, yet he is considered armed and dangerous. Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a ridiculous academic motive, like fearing exposure for plagiarism or something

Edit : lol, nvm, I missed half a dozen posts somehow. I really am doing well this week
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-23-2021 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Yale graduate student shot dead may have been ?targeted?: police

https://nypost.com/2021/02/09/slain-...rgeted-police/

"The first thing that comes to mind is Jesus," Perry told the outlet Monday of Jiang. "He was a vessel for his love. [Jiang] touched so many people - I can't believe I had the privilege of actually knowing him. I don't regret a single memory."

Perry declined to say where she was when Jiang was fatally shot, saying she wanted to instead focus on remembering the better times they shared.
    Sorry but these are both weird to me. 1 - Why would you regret a memory unless it's a bad one? 2 - you have only been with the victim for a year and just got engaged a week ago, why would you say "the better times you shared?" Just all seems odd to me.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Did they ever catch the perp?

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Juror View Post
    Did they ever catch the perp?
    not as of last week. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-yale-n1263326
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm glad that they got him.

I disagree that the cops didn't fuck up that first night. They claim that they checked out the car, but how could that be true when the registration wouldn't have matched Pan? They wouldn't find that at all suspicious? Sure, he could have claimed that a friend let him borrow it, but with out of state plates? And having it towed to a motel?

They dropped the ball there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://abcnews.go.com/US/former-mit...y?id=107715226

Former Massachusetts Institute of Technology graduate student Qinxuan Pan pleaded guilty Thursday to the 2021 murder of Yale graduate student Kevin Jiang.

Pan faces up to 35 years in prison when he is sentenced on April 25, according to the New Haven state's attorney office.
    A motive for the killing remains unknown.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Well, I'm glad that he's going to be spending some decent time in prison.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information