Thread: Cape Cod man says he was swallowed whole by humpback whale: 'I was completely inside'

Cape Cod man says he was swallowed whole by humpback whale: 'I was completely inside'

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...bre-story.html

It's a whale of tale.

A Massachusetts man diving off the coast of Cape Cod said he was swallowed whole Friday morning by a humpback whale.

'I was completely inside. It was completely black,' Michael Packard told the Cape Cod Times. 'I thought to myself, 'There's no way I'm getting out of here. I'm done, I'm dead.''

Packard, 56, works as a lobster diver, meaning he physically dives to the sea floor and picks lobsters off the bottom, the Cape Cod Times reported.

He was working Friday morning when he surprisingly found himself impersonating Jonah, he told the newspaper.

'All of a sudden, I felt this huge shove and the next thing I knew it was completely black,' Packard said. 'I could sense I was moving, and I could feel the whale squeezing with the muscles in his mouth.'

Packard spent about 30 seconds in the whale's mouth before it surfaced and spit him out, he said in a Facebook post.

His work partner, Josiah Mayo, boated over and picked him out of the water, the Cape Cod Times reported. Packard suffered several soft tissues injuries but no broken bones, and was released from a local hospital by Friday afternoon.

First responders confirmed that they got a 911 call about a whale incident Friday morning, according to the Cape Cod Times. Experts told the paper that humpback whales usually avoid people, and this one probably gobbled up Packard by mistake.

But is the whale OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    But is the whale OK?
    It probably felt like I did when the cicada flew into my mouth.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Now that's something you don't hear about every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Pics or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

He did a q&a on Reddit

For real though, people believe him?

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

For real though, people believe him?
    People believe vaccines can magnetize them and make forks stick to their faces. People believe that Tr*ump is still president and odder still believe he was ever fit to be president. Of course some believe it. This is much more believable, actually. No, the whale couldn't swallow him, but to have been in the whales mouth and than spat out as inedible? sure, why not. Most whales can't swallow something as large as a human. But certainly if you are a believer in the Bible, this being in a whales mouth and living to tell the tale has happened at least once before. So. Do I believe it actually happened? Meh maybe maybe not. But it's less unlikely than some of the other things that happened the last few years.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    People believe vaccines can magnetize them and make forks stick to their faces. People believe that Tr*ump is still president and odder still believe he was ever fit to be president. Of course some believe it. This is much more believable, actually. No, the whale couldn't swallow him, but to have been in the whales mouth and than spat out as inedible? sure, why not. Most whales can't swallow something as large as a human. But certainly if you are a believer in the Bible, this being in a whales mouth and living to tell the tale has happened at least once before. So. Do I believe it actually happened? Meh maybe maybe not. But it's less unlikely than some of the other things that happened the last few years.
    TLDR.

Just kidding. Very true.

I'm going to Turks and Caicos in a few months and going to snorkel with humpbacks. I will let you know if they try to swallow me or if I think this is BS after that.

I think he was in the whales mouth, but not swallowed. If he were swallowed he would be dead.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information