Thread: Starburst too chewy? Michigan woman to suey.

Starburst too chewy? Michigan woman to suey.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286855,00.html

Michigan Woman Claims Starburst Candies Are Dangerously Chewy in Lawsuit
    Starburst Fruit Chews are exactly as their name would indicate: chewy. But one Michigan woman says the candies are so chewy, they should come with a warning label.

Victoria McArthur, of Romero, Mich., is suing Starbursts' parent company, Mars Inc., for more than $25,000 for "permanent personal injuries" she claims she sustained after biting into one of their yellow candy in 2005.

"I don't know, maybe about 3 chews and it literally locked my jaw … and it just literally pulled my jaw out of joint," she told MyFoxDetroit.com.

McArthur's lawyer, Brian Muawad, says the candies caused her to develop a condition known as temporal mandibular joint dysfunction. McArthur says she has had trouble chewing, talking and sleeping since the incident.

Muawad says McArthur offered to negotiate a settlement with Starburst's insurer to pay for her rehabilitation, but the company said no way. A spokesman for Mars refused to comment.

Lawsuit Tough to Swallow? McArthur says she just wants to make sure nobody else meets the same end she did when she decided to indulge her sweetooth.

"I don't want to see anybody else have to go through what I have gone through from eating a piece of candy that was supposed to be soft chew," she said.

Re: Starburst too chewy? Michigan woman to suey.

mmm starbursts.

'cept the orange yellow ones, you guys can have all the orange and yellow ones, i'll take the rest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard
    <br /><br />All your sanity and your wits, they will all vanish i promise, it&#39;s just a matter of time.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=8448.msg437684#msg437684 date=1183076169]
    mmm starbursts.

'cept the orange yellow ones, you guys can have all the orange and yellow ones, i'll take the rest.
    [/quote]

And why is the ratio of orange to yellow/red/pink so disproportionate in the bags?? Seriously, open a bag and at least HALF of the bag is fucking orange.

A friend of mine called the Starburst customer service hotline one time to ask if they did that on purpose. She was told no.
    LIES!
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Aaaaah, starburst. I love them.

I remember when they used to be called Opal Fruits.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

It's those damn Now &amp; Laters ya gotta watch out for&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; I nearly yanked out a crown yesterday when an apple one got stuck to my teeth.&nbsp; Leave it to someone in Michigan to sue, our economy is teh sux

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=8448.msg437870#msg437870 date=1183087894]
    And why is the ratio of orange to yellow/red/pink so disproportionate in the bags?? Seriously, open a bag and at least HALF of the bag is fucking orange.

A friend of mine called the Starburst customer service hotline one time to ask if they did that on purpose. She was told no.
    LIES!
    [/quote]

It's just like popsicles..the box always comes with 3/4s orange.

You're like a hurricane to me: your violence is beautiful, your centre, so sweet.

She is a also planning to sue because her M&amp;M's had W's on them, and her Nutty bar was to ummm nutty?
    MDS LIFER

i wish i had thought of it first :|

Thread Information