Thread: Kevin Moore (27) Charged with murder of Ahmir (5) and Gabriel (14m) Phillips

Kevin Moore (27) Charged with murder of Ahmir (5) and Gabriel (14m) Phillips

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021...s-kevin-moore/

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) ' A man is facing aggravated murder and felonious assault charges in an Ohio shooting that killed two of his girlfriend's children and critically wounded a third, authorities said.

Toledo police said in social media posts that the children were shot 'during a domestic dispute' outside a unit at Byrneport Apartments in west Toledo, a little over a mile north of the University of Toledo Medical Center. The third child shot was in critical condition and continued to 'fight for life' late Friday, police tweeted.

Kevin Moore, 27, was taken to the Lucas County jail after being charged with two counts of aggravated murder of a victim under 13 years of age and one count of felonious assault, according to county booking records. Police said Moore is the boyfriend of the children's mother.

The Lucas County coroner's office on Saturday identified the children killed as 14-month-old Gabriel Phillips and 5-year-old Ahmir Phillips. Both died of multiple gunshot wounds and their deaths were ruled homicides. The Toledo Blade reported that court documents indicate that a 4-year-old boy was also shot at least once.

'Please pray for these victims, their families, and the first responders who were there tonight. This was truly a sad day for our community,' Toledo police said.

Moore is to appear Monday before a Toledo Municipal Court judge, where bond will be set. Court documents don't indicate whether he has retained an attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

OMG they are adorable

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

'I cried for those kids' | Aunt of man accused of shooting 3 children, killing 2 speaks out.

https://www.wtol.com/amp/article/new...c-4d4ec40d8193

Keya Johnson said her nephew, Kevin Moore, is suffering from mental illness.

TOLEDO, Ohio — The family of the man accused of shooting three young brothers and killing two on Feb. 5 is opening up about his struggles with mental health.

Kevin Moore, 27, is suspected of shooting his girlfriend, Crystal Marie Andrews' children at Byrneport Apartments in south Toledo.

Ahmir Phillips, 5, and Gabriel Phillips, 1, were killed, and Ashtan Phillips, 4, was critically injured.

Doctors told Jaquail Phillips, the boy's father, that the bullet shattered Ashton's jaw and caused internal bleeding. He is still recovering at C.S. Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor.

The Toledo Police Department hasn't released a motive for the shooting, but Lt. Daniel Gerken said previously the situation was thought to be a domestic dispute.

Moore's aunt, Keya Johnson, who lives in Georgia, said her nephew was medically diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic when he was a teenager.

According to the Mayo Clinic, a nonprofit American academic medical center, paranoid schizophrenia is a disorder that affects a person's ability to think, feel, and behave clearly. Signs and symptoms may vary, but usually involve delusions, hallucinations or disorganized speech, and reflect an impaired ability to function.

In men, schizophrenia symptoms typically start in the early to mid-20s. In women, symptoms typically begin in the late 20s. It's uncommon for children to be diagnosed with schizophrenia and rare for those older than age 45.

Sticking with a treatment plan can help prevent relapses or worsening of symptoms. People with schizophrenia require lifelong treatment.

Johnson said Moore was on medication, but she isn't sure how often he was sticking to his treatment. She never thought he'd one day be accused of murdering two young boys.

"I'm a mother so I cried for those kids," Johnson said. "I was very upset that he did that and two kids lost their life. My family is mourning right beside the father and right beside the mother."

Johnson said Moore moved from Indiana to Toledo to be with Andrews. He'd only been in the city for a few months before the shooting and she hadn't spoken to him for about two weeks before the incident.

Johnson doesn't have the full details of what happened during the incident, but she said Moore will have his day in court and the boys deserve justice.

Moore was indicted in Toledo Municipal Court Feb. 10 on two counts of aggravated murder, one count of attempt to commit aggravated murder and two counts of felonious assault.

He has pleaded not guilty.

Moore is being held on two $2 million bonds for each count of murder and one $1 million bond for the felonious assault count. If he is bonded out, Moore will be required to wear an ankle bracelet and have no contact with the family of the children.

His next court date is March 18.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Shit. Look at those adorable babies.

I can't. Not today.

Sorry ass motherfucker. schizo or not, fuck you.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thread Information