Thread: Darra, QLD : Police Issue Amber Alert for 20mth Boy Abducted From His Bed

Darra, QLD : Police Issue Amber Alert for 20mth Boy Abducted From His Bed

QLDPol haven't confirmed this yet but on the QLDpol FB post people claiming to be relatives have posted saying that nobody recognises the man who took him & this is a stranger abduction

Link to QLDpol FB thread here :

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=339665603253

QLD Police media release :

https://mypolice.qld.gov.au/news/202...mpression=true

AMBER ALERT: 20-month-old boy, Darra
    myPolice Queensland Police News

myPolice on Feb 7, 2021 @ 9:02am
    AMBER ALERT: The Queensland Police Service is seeking urgent public assistance to help locate a 20-month-old boy who was taken from Warrender Street, Darra nearly 5 hours ago who may be at significant risk.

The boy is described as having brown hair, fair skin and was last seen wearing a black shirt and a nappy.

The man believed to have taken the boy, pictured below is described as solid build, wearing distinctive running shoes, long pants, long sleeved shirt, gloves, baseball cap and medical mask.

Police urge the man, or anyone with information relating to their location, to contact to contact police.

Ring 131 564 to provide information about this abduction.

Please ring 000 for life threatening information about this abduction

IMPORTANT ? Police request this message be broadcast at regular intervals

BROADCAST SUMMARY

Summarise in one sentence:

#AmberAlert #Darra #Brisbane a 1-year-old boy has been taken from a home on Warrender Street, Darra, by a man wearing long pants, white shoes and fingerless gloves. Call 000 or 131 564.

Please ring 000 for life threatening information about this abduction.
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-06-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    QLDPol haven't confirmed this yet but on the QLDpol FB post people claiming to be relatives have posted saying that nobody recognises the man who took him & this is a stranger abduction

Link to QLDpol FB thread here :

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=339665603253

QLD Police media release :

https://mypolice.qld.gov.au/news/202...mpression=true
    Hope the child is found in this case.

Oh wow, they found him safe. Someone must've recognised the abductor

https://mypolice.qld.gov.au/news/202...located-darra/

PLEASE BROADCAST AMBER ALERT TONE AND THIS EXACT MESSAGE AS A MATTER OF EXTREME URGENCY

The Queensland Police Service have located the 1-year-old boy who was abducted from Darra 7 hours ago.

Police located him in Salisbury and is now safe and well.

A man is currently assisting police with their inquiries.

Police would like to thank the media and the public for their assistance.

If you have any further information please call 131 564.

Please ring 000 for life threatening information about this abduction

There's no 100% confirmation from QLDpol yet that this was a stranger abduction, if it was though, they found him unusually fast. Which makes me wonder if they already had an idea where to look ...

This guy abducted a 3 yr old QLD girl while her family slept. He was paroled in 2019.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-...l-win/11123066

Ok, after reading this interview with the grandfather I am seriously wondering if it was the Childers abduction guy

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-...olice/13130050

Family of toddler abducted from home in Darra says it will move after 'disturbing' incident
    Posted 6hhours ago, updated 57mminutes ago

Two shots of man from CCTV without the baby entering the home.

CCTV captured a man at the house at Darra.(Supplied: Queensland Police Service)

The step-grandfather of the toddler who was abducted from a home in south-west Brisbane early this morning has thanked the Queensland Police Service for finding the boy so quickly.

An amber alert was issued for urgent public help to find the 20-month-old, who had been taken by a man not known to him from a property on Warrender Street in Darra just after 4:00am.

CCTV at the house captured a man leaving with the toddler.

Police were concerned the boy would be at significant risk.

He was found safe and well in Salisbury just after 11:00am, and a man is currently assisting police with their enquiries at the Richlands watchhouse.

Forensic officers stand at the home where the child was taken.

Forensic officers stand at the home where the child was taken.(ABC News: Sally Eeles)

The step-grandfather of the child, who cannot be identified for privacy reasons, told the ABC the incident was "quite disturbing for all of us".

"He was asleep and he was taken out of his cot," he said.

"I noticed that the bedroom door was open and I made the first initial discovery that he wasn't in his cot.

"So we were just trying to work out where he was in the house.

"After we searched the house, we knew that there was something wrong.

"I am still shaking at the fact that knowing a total stranger could be in our house with all our kids asleep and my partner asleep ? [it] is just a real big shock."

He said the family would relocate to a new home as a result of the incident.

"We won't be here much longer ? it's just too traumatising," he said.

"We're here as a family and we'll stay strong as a family."

The step-grandfather thanked Queensland police for their efforts to find the boy so quickly.

"It is a big, big surprise that our police service can do such an awesome job that quickly," he said.

"It's been very stressful this morning. Everyone was just really happy. All of the family was here waiting, and we got the news and everyone was just jumping ? that they had found him."

A neighbour said her dog did not bark.

"I think I was more upset too because I didn't hear anything," she said.

"We always say hello to each other. He's a beautiful little child. They?re a good family.

"It's just heartbreaking being a mum myself."

I'm really off my game.

The abductor is 31 & "known to family" so absolutely nothing to do with the other dude. QLDpol have ID'ed the guy's street & suburb so he'll probably want to move now too, if he gets bailed

https://mypolice.qld.gov.au/news/202...old-boy-darra/

Update: Located missing 20-month-old boy, Darra

myPolice on Feb 7, 2021 @ 5:55pm

Detectives have charged a 31-year-old Salisbury man with child stealing following investigations into a boy reported missing early this morning.

The 20-month-old boy was taken from an address in Darra at 4.10am, this morning while his family was asleep.

After an Amber Alert was issued regarding the boy?s alleged abduction, Police from Inala Child Investigation Branch continued their investigations and at 10.50am, the boy was located unharmed at a house on Orange Grove Road, Salisbury.

Police arrested the 31-year-old who is known to the family and he was later charged with one count each of child stealing and enter dwelling with intent at night.

He will appear in Richlands Magistrates Court tomorrow (February 8).

Police thank the media and the public for their assistance with this investigation.

If you have information for police, contact Policelink by providing information using the online suspicious activity form 24hrs per day at www.police.qld.gov.au/reporting or call 131 444.

You can report information about crime anonymously to Crime Stoppers, a registered charity and community volunteer organisation, via crimestoppersqld.com.au 24hrs per day or call 1800 333 000.

Quote this reference number: QP2100245142 within the online suspicious activity form.

Thread Information