Thread: Irrael Garcia Hildalgo launches Toyota 120 feet onto roof of house, walks away

Irrael Garcia Hildalgo launches Toyota 120 feet onto roof of house, walks away

A 25-year-old man from Sioux Falls, SD, was injured in a crash that ended with a vehicle going through the roof of a home in Larchwood Tuesday, Feb. 2.

Irrael Garcia Hildalgo was entering Larchwood from the south on westbound Highway 9 and lost control of his vehicle near the intersection with Chestnut Street, according to the crash report.

Hildalgo?s vehicle, a 2013 Toyota Corolla, traveled over 120 feet from the road to crash through the roof of a house at 1231 Holder St. The crash happened about 10:40 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 2.

Lyon County Sheriff Stewart Vander Stoep said speed was the main factor in the crash.

?It sounds like 115 miles was the slowest they were probably going,? Vander Stoep said. ?It did launch into the air and come down into the roof of the house. Most times when you have car accidents the car goes through the front of the house, but this one came down onto the roof.?

There was no one in the house at the time of the crash.

Larchwood Fire Chief Tony DeSmet said Hildalgo had gotten out of the car before first responders arrived on the scene and had gone to a neighboring house to get help.

Hildalgo was transported to Avera McKennan Hospital in Sioux Falls and treated for injuries.

Firefighters searched the vehicle to determine there were no additional occupants.

Ace Towing of Sioux Falls, SD, was called out to remove the car from the home. The car had crashed through the roof of the home, causing significant damage to the roof and living space below.

?Fortunately it didn?t make it all the way into the house but it did break through the kitchen ceiling,? DeSmet said.

DeSmet said the car would have been airborne for much of the 120 feet from the road to come down on the roof at such an angle.

?I?ve never seen anything like it nor had I expected to see anything like it,? he said.

It is unknown at this time if Hildalgo was under the influence at the time of the crash. The Iowa State Patrol and Lyon County Sheriff?s Department are still investigating the crash.

https://www.nwestiowa.com/news/car-c...2857dc4ec.html

https://www.keloland.com/keloland-co...-larchwood-ia/

Authorities say the vehicle hit the ditch, vaulted over a street and flew 125 feet before crashing into the house.
    Last edited by puzzld; 02-05-2021 at 11:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

A COROLLA?? Really??

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    A COROLLA?? Really??
    Yep. Who says you need a fancy sports car to do impressive trick driving?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information