Thread: Rapper (Martell DeRouen, 34), Identified as Beyonce's Cousin, Fatally Shot in His Texas Home and Woman, 21, Is a Suspect

Rapper (Martell DeRouen, 34), Identified as Beyonce's Cousin, Fatally Shot in His Texas Home and Woman, 21, Is a Suspect

https://www.instagram.com/lamkardone/

https://www.facebook.com/martell.derouen

https://people.com/crime/texas-rappe...-fatally-shot/

Authorities in Texas are searching for a 21-year-old woman suspected of fatally shooting a rapper believed to be Beyonce's cousin.

San Antonio hip-hop artist Martell DeRouen was found dead by police in his apartment on Tuesday. Police had been called there for a welfare check after a friend reported not hearing from DeRouen for several days, the San Antonio Express-News reports.

The 34-year-old went by the stage name Kardone and was signed with a Sony-affiliated record label.

Friends have identified DeRouen as Beyonce's relative. A rep for the singer did not respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

The singer has not publicly spoken about her relative's death.

"Kardone was one of those ones who rose and shine bright, brighter than, you know, some of those that was in the room with him," Brian Mitchell, owner of Fyngermade Studio, told KSAT, describing his friend as "quiet," humble and gentle.

Mitchell said even though DeRouen was related to Beyonce, he never let that get to his head.

"That's not even something he would even mention to people. We'd just have to put in his bios because it's just, it's worthy to put it in there, but he doesn't like stuff like that," Mitchell recalled.

Police have identified Sasha Skare, 21, as a suspect in DeRouen's murder, CBS Austin reports. A warrant is out for her arrest and she is currently at large.

Mitchell said he is still having a hard time understanding why his friend was killed, telling KSAT, "It's like hurting a butterfly."

Anyone with information on Skare's whereabouts is urged to call SAPD's homicide unit at 210-207-7635.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 01-31-2021 at 01:30 PM.

The 34-year-old went by the stage name Kardone and was signed with a Sony-affiliated record label.
    At least this one had a recording contract ... shout out to JayZ.

Texas Rapper Arrested For Allegedly Murdering Beyonc?’s Cousin In San Antonio

https://myhoustonmajic.com/3661836/t...n-san-antonio/

A burgeoning Texas rapper was arrested on Saturday (February 6) after she allegedly shot and killed a man inside of an apartment complex in San Antonio.

21-year-old Sasha Skare was arrested after investigators say she shot and killed 34-year-old Martell DeRouen inside of The Towers Apartments in January. According to neighbors, they overheard the two arguing before a gun was fired. Surveillance footage captured Skare leaving the apartment shortly after the shooting took place.

The arrest isn’t the first for Skare who was allegedly involved in a 2019 shooting in Austin which resulted in one man dying in a robbery gone bad. Skare is now facing a first-degree felony murder charge as well as the previous charge of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.

DeRouen’s wife, Joia, says Martell met Skare while shooting a music video.

“He released a mixtape called Trunk Bang, and he wanted some girls for a video shoot and he honestly just met her online,” Joia DeRouen said. “When you know, the video shoot was over. He said, hey, you know, she’s interested in music. I think I want to help her out.”

Martell, who was related to Beyonc? through her grandmother Agnes DeRouen, was an Air Force Veteran who rapped under the name Kardone.

“He never really talked about it, bragged about it, or anything like that,” Joia said of the relationship between Martell and his world-famous cousin. “He said, You know, I know that people other than me would try to use that to get some type of fame. You know, kind of like a latch on type person or a coattail rider is what he would say I’m not, I’m going to make my own way. I want people to know me for me.”

His wife doesn't seem to be telling everything, they were separated and him and Sasha were dating...so it wasn't just him helping her out with the music stuff. As for the previous arrest for robbery gone bad, it sounds like it was her and her then bf doing the robbery and her bf ended up dying. In the mugshot her face is all scarred from a burn from a tank explosion last year, there wasn't much on that though. She sounds like a winner....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Thread Information