Thread: Cloris Leachman (94) died from a stroke while she had COVID-19

Cloris Leachman (94) died from a stroke while she had COVID-19

https://www.facebook.com/ClorisLeachmanOfficial

https://twitter.com/cloris_leachman

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/27/clori...-dead-dies-94/

Cloris Leachman -- the incredibly talented and hilarious actress and comedian, who starred in some of the biggest movies and TV shows ever -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

Leachman passed away of natural causes Tuesday night at her home in Encinitas, California, with her daughter, Dinah, by her side ... this according to her son.

He tells us ... "She had the best life beginning to end that you could wish for someone." He adds that she was at peace, and "she left everyone with a lot of love."

Cloris' career in showbiz began shortly after she competed in the 1946 Miss America Pageant, when she made her debut on the 'Actors Studio' TV series.

After years of landing small roles on television, Leachman had her breakthrough playing the landlady, Phyllis, on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" in the '70s ... which led to her own spin-off.

She won 2 Emmys for the role, and a Golden Globe for Best TV Actress for "Phyllis."

In film, Cloris is best known for 2 movies she made during the same time period -- "The Last Picture Show" in 1971, for which she won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress ... and 1974's "Young Frankenstein."

She'd go on to star in another popular Mel Brooks' film in 1981, "History of the World, Part I."

But, that's not all -- she was also racking up Emmys for "A Brand New Life" and "Cher" in the '70s, "The Woman Who Willed a Miracle" in the '80s, "Promised Land" in the '90s ... and most recently, "Malcolm in the Middle."

With 22 Emmy noms, she's the most nominated actress in history, and her 8 wins is the most of all time ... tied with Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

Her other notable roles spanning over 7 decades include "The Twilight Zone," "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid," "WUSA," "Yesterday," "Spanglish," "Raising Hope" and the "Mad About You" reboot.

Cloris also voiced characters on several projects, including 'The Croods' films and "Bob's Burgers."

When we last saw her in 2017, she joked about her faux feud with Betty White, and accepted a duel ... on the dance floor.

Cloris was 94.

RIP
    Last edited by up2trouble; 01-27-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Aww I really liked her. She lived a long life. Rip

Cloris Leachman had her own show, briefly. Phyllis was a spin off of the Mary Tyler Moore show, but it was cursed by bad luck. One of the actors Barbara Colby was murdered 3 episodes in and a couple others died (of natural causes) as well, if I'm remembering correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Rest in peace, Cloris...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/repor...-show/35575547

Reports say coronavirus contributed to the death of actress Cloris Leachman but it was not the underlying cause.

People Magazine reports the San Diego County Medical Examiner said Leachman died of a stroke and coronavirus was a significant condition that contributed to her death.

Leachman died Jan. 27 at her home in California at the age of 94.

Leachman, of Des Moines, Iowa, starred on Broadway as well as in movies and on TV shows, performing as Phyllis Lindstrom on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and continuing that role in the spin-off "Phyllis."

She was also known for her roles in "The Last Picture Show" and "Young Frankenstein."
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2021...e_had_COVID_19
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 02-21-2021 at 06:29 PM.

She played a great "crazy old lady" in so many things. She always cracked me up in "Raising Hope".

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information