Thread: Tityana Coppage (21) charged with killing Keith Lars (36), the man who allegedly killed her brother, Jason Ugwuh (16)

Tityana Coppage (21) charged with killing Keith Lars (36), the man who allegedly killed her brother, Jason Ugwuh (16)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...out&li=BBnbfcL

A Missouri woman seeking revenge for the death of her brother, tracked down the 16-year-old's alleged murderer and fatally gunned him down just three days after the teen was killed.

Tityana Coppage, 21, was charged with second degree murder and armed criminal action for the shooting death of 36-year-old Keith Lars, a release from the Jackson County Prosecutor's office reads. She is currently being held on a $200,000 cash bond.

Court records state that Lars was found in the back of a Toyota near Virginia Avenue and Admiral Boulevard in Kansas City on January 13, with officers determining that the shooting had occurred close to the 500 block of Benton Boulevard.

The gun recovered from Coppage was determined to be the same gun used in the shooting, based off ballistics and forensic examination, the probable cause affidavit reads.

A review of Coppage's cell phone revealed texts she sent to a contact named 'Auntie,' asking for .45-caliber bullets. She then reportedly texted, 'LOL I sued (used) to many on bro.'

Coppage is also said to have sent a text to her dead brother, 16-year-old Jason Ugwuh, telling him: 'Sent a [expletive] to my brother I owe em that body.'

Ugwuh was shot and killed on January 10 near Paloma Avenue and Topping Avenue in Kansas City, Missouri. He was standout basketball player at Hogan Preparatory Academy, where he was a junior.

In 2016, the siblings experienced more tragedy when their younger brother and cousin, eight-year-old Jayden Ugwuh and nine-year-old Montell Ross, were shot and killed while sleeping in their home at 57th Street and College Avenue.

The murder of the two boys, who were gunned down after someone shot into the house, has remained unsolved.

Grieving again: Kansas City family loses second son to shooting after 16-year-old killed

https://fox4kc.com/news/grieving-aga...ar-old-killed/

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A teen shot and killed Sunday night is the fifth homicide of 2021. Police say the victim, 16-year-old Jayson Ugwuh Jr., is the brother of a child shot and killed in 2016.

The Ugwuh family is in mourning after another tragic loss.

Sunday around 7:30 p.m., KCPD said Ugwuh was shot near Paloma and Topping avenues. His family said they believe he was shot while he was with two other teens walking to a home from the BP gas station at 40 Highway and Topping Avenue. His friends were able to get him back to the house where they called police.

“They located a crime scene in the street and were able to do a little investigation and locked the victim inside a residence nearby where he was suffering critical injuries,” Capt. David Jackson said.

The 16-year-old’s family said he has struggled since his brother died in his arms about five years ago. Nine-year-old Jayden Ugwuh and 8-year-old Montell Ross were shot from the street while they were inside Ugwuh’s home. The children’s murders have never been solved.

In 2016, FOX4 spoke with Jayson and his father about the shooting.

“He didn’t even cry. He just got hit and ran and laid up under his big brother like he knew exactly where to go for comfort,” Ugwuh Sr. said.

After he was shot, 9-year-old Kansas City boy snuggled up to his big brother and died, dad says Jayson told FOX4 he realized his brother was shot and watched him lose his life quickly.

“I’ve got to deal with that and still raise them, but what can I say to him because he actually held him? He held his cold body. You know what I’m saying? How do I teach my son to cope with that when I can barely cope with it?” Ugwuh Sr. said.

His family said Jayson Jr. loved basketball and rapping, but fell victim to the cruel city. Jackson said violent crime is a plague in Kansas City and the community needs to work together to stop it.

“It’s not just the victim. It’s not just their family. It’s the neighborhood. It goes out into the schools. Violent crime begets violent crime, and we look at risks for retaliation in some of these circumstances. It builds on itself, and we’ve got to stop this,” Jackson said.

Ugwuh’s aunt said the family is not ready to speak publicly about their loss at this time. But she said in a statement this is her sister’s second child she’s lost to gun violence, and now as a family they have to endure this pain all over again.

Jayden and Montel’s homicides were never solved. The family asks if you have any information on what happened in that shooting or last weekend’s shooting to please call Crime Stoppers at 816-474-8477 to help their family find answers. All tips are anonymous.

I saw the article about Jayson when he first got killed. I didn't post because the only FB I found for him was empty; however, he put in his name as Jayson BeSpittin Ugwuh. I'm taking it as he was a wanna-be rapper. Now two rappers are offering up bail money.

https://www.facebook.com/Baylife-Ent...21460141243943

DaBaby and 42 Dugg Offer to Help Pay Bail for Woman Accused of Shooting Her Teen Brother's Suspected Killer

Jan 21, 2021

42 Dugg has offered to help pay bail for the Kansas City woman who tracked down and killed her brother's suspected murderer, and DaBaby says he'll match.

In a post on his Instagram, Dugg suggested that he wants to help out 21-year-old Tityana Coppage, who is accused of shooting a man on Jan. 13, just three days after the death of her 16-year-old brother Jason Ugwuh.

"I got the 20 thousand if they can get her out on ten percent tell her people get with me," Dugg wrote on Instagram.
    In a follow-up, DaBaby caught wind of what Dugg offered, and added, "I match u a dub."

Coppage admitted to firing a gun at the vehicle the victim was in when she was questioned by police, although she said she was acting in self-defense. Additionally, two incriminating text messages were found on her phone, one saw her asking for ammunition, the other a text to her late brother. "Sent a [expletive] to my brother I owe em that body," she wrote in the text.

She is charged with second-degree murder, and is currently being held on $200,000 bond. If Dugg and DaBaby are serious about their offers to help pay her bail, it shouldn't take too much more to get her out of jail, especially if anyone else offers to match what they're willing to contribute. REAL SHIIII. @dababy @42_dugggg
    Last edited by up2trouble; 01-22-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Thread Information