Thread: Victoria Strauss (23) died in freak accident while leaving parking garage

Victoria Strauss (23) died in freak accident while leaving parking garage

https://m.facebook.com/victoria.strauss.9

https://www.thisweeknews.com/story/n...nt/4210482001/

A dropped credit card is believed to be responsible for an accident in a Downtown parking garage that has left an Ohio State University graduate student dead.

Around 5:40 a.m. Tuesday, police were called on a report of an unresponsive woman at a parking garage on Vine Street, near the Arena District.

The woman, identified as 23-year-old Victoria Strauss, had been found by a security guard with her head stuck between her vehicle and the exit toll booth of the garage.

According to police, the incident was captured on security cameras in the garage and happened around 11:30 p.m. Monday.

The video showed Strauss dropping her credit card while attempting to pay for her parking as she was leaving the garage. Strauss is seen on the video reaching down to pick up the credit card and apparently accidentally stepping on the accelerator in her vehicle.

The vehicle moved forward, causing her head to become trapped between the car and the toll booth.

Strauss was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.

According to records, Strauss is a native of Florida and was a graduate student at Ohio State, studying social work.

bbruner@dispatch.com

@bethany_bruner
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2021...parking_garage
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 01-21-2021 at 06:04 AM.

Poor girl was there for six hours before anyone found her. Her status on Jan 1 is sad to read now. Sorry I can’t copy and paste on mobile.

From her Facebook. She's reunited with her dad and grandmother now. R.I.P.

and learned to appreciate everyday we have on this earth because you never know what could happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

This article says her head was trapped in between the car door and the frame of her car, not the kiosk.

https://people.com/human-interest/oh...yment-machine/

As she opened her door and reached down to retrieve her card, Strauss accidentally accelerated, according to the Columbus Police Department.

The car collided with the payment kiosk, trapping Strauss's head between the car door and the door frame. She was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

I think we had an article on someone else that the exact thing happened to, but it was in a drive-thru at a fast food place. If I ever drop something, I will be sure to put my car in park first.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information