Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: DNA shows Florida parents abandoned 3 babies at the same apartment complex

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    GA girl living in NY
    Posts
    3,231
    Rep Power
    17861242

    DNA shows Florida parents abandoned 3 babies at the same apartment complex

    https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/dna-sh...-over-4-years/

    A Florida couple ditched their three newborn children at the same Florida apartment complex over several years, new DNA testing has shown.

    Back in July, a one-year-old was found wrapped in a T-shirt on the doorstep of a home at the Willow Key Apartments in Orlando ? and it wasn?t the first time.

    Two other babies were abandoned at the complex in 2016 and 2017.

    DNA testing showed that the three rugrats have the same father and mother, the Orlando Sentinel reported last week.

    The Orlando Police Department is now trying to identify the parents, hiring a forensic genetic genealogy firm called United Data Connect.

    Under Florida?s Safe Haven Law, a guardian can leave a newborn under seven days old at a hospital or fire station without facing criminal charges.

    If the parents are found, cops would first ?ensure the safety and well being of the mother and of any other children,? OPD spokeswoman Heidi Rodriguez said.

    Any help, such as social services, ?will be determined once we make contact with the family and determine their needs,? she said.

  2. #2
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,431
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/dna-sh...-over-4-years/

    A Florida couple ditched their three newborn children at the same Florida apartment complex over several years, new DNA testing has shown.

    Back in July, a one-year-old was found wrapped in a T-shirt on the doorstep of a home at the Willow Key Apartments in Orlando ? and it wasn?t the first time.

    Two other babies were abandoned at the complex in 2016 and 2017.

    DNA testing showed that the three rugrats have the same father and mother, the Orlando Sentinel reported last week.

    The Orlando Police Department is now trying to identify the parents, hiring a forensic genetic genealogy firm called United Data Connect.

    Under Florida?s Safe Haven Law, a guardian can leave a newborn under seven days old at a hospital or fire station without facing criminal charges.

    If the parents are found, cops would first ?ensure the safety and well being of the mother and of any other children,? OPD spokeswoman Heidi Rodriguez said.

    Any help, such as social services, ?will be determined once we make contact with the family and determine their needs,? she said.

    That's horrible, but also weird considering they have Safe Haven laws there. I hope this isn't some creep like Ariel Castro dumping his captives' babies

  3. #3
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19,471
    Rep Power
    21474864
    I've been following this locally since the 2nd baby was abandoned. My guess is it's a young girl in the apartment complex.

  4. #4
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    6,809
    Rep Power
    20616079
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    That's horrible, but also weird considering they have Safe Haven laws there. I hope this isn't some creep like Ariel Castro dumping his captives' babies
    Good lord, this is the first thing I thought of!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  5. #5
    Senior Member nclexusgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    936
    Rep Power
    21474849
    How young of a girl though? 1st baby was in 2016 so she would have to have been really young to still be dropping off babies 4 years later.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    6,809
    Rep Power
    20616079
    Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    How young of a girl though? 1st baby was in 2016 so she would have to have been really young to still be dropping off babies 4 years later.
    Good point. Maybe she's not the one dropping them off.

    Also, just reread that article and realize they aren't all newborns. One of them was a year old and doesn't meet the age limits for the safe haven law:

    Under Florida?s Safe Haven Law, a guardian can leave a newborn under seven days old at a hospital or fire station without facing criminal charges.
    I guess the State figures if you keep the baby past seven days, s/he's yours. Doesn't help those struggling to deal with the situation after a couple of weeks though, does it?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  7. #7
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19,471
    Rep Power
    21474864
    https://www.wesh.com/article/orlando...abies/35200210

    Orlando police provided an update Wednesday in cases involving three abandoned newborns.

    Police said all three children are siblings and that they have found the mother, who is accused of abandoning them.
    Advertisement

    Police said they are trying to help the mother and want to get her the services she needs. Police also said while they want to help the woman, they are considering the possible charges that may be pending against her.

    In the years 2016, 2017 and 2019, police said the three babies were abandoned.

    Two of the babies were abandoned in the Willow Key Apartments in Orlando, and the third child was abandoned in a complex further south in Orange County, officials said.

    A female witness said she found one of the babies with a note, indicating that the father of the baby was a dangerous man. Police confirmed the DNA of the three babies indicates they have the same parents.

    In April, the Orlando City Commission approved to allot $2,500 to hire a company focused on genealogy in an attempt to find the children's parents.

    Officials said in all three cases, the woman did not know she was pregnant until late-term, kept it a secret, and then delivered the babies herself. All three of the babies were healthy.

    Officials said the father of the children is out of the picture.

    Officials went on to say that the mother also has several other children of her own, and that they are considered to be well-cared for.

    Check back with WESH 2 News for further updates as they are released.

  8. #8
    Senior Member kevansvault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Posts
    4,805
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Fuck that irresponsible cunt. Charge her ass. And the dude(s) who got her pregnant, too. Twat.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

  9. #9
    Cranjis McBasketball Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    9,182
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Fuck that irresponsible cunt. Charge her ass. And the dude(s) who got her pregnant, too. Twat.
    For real. She could've gone to a hospital instead, where they would be safe for sure. I don't get why this doesn't happen more, are they worried about cameras or something?


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •