Thread: Laura Read (34) missing from Midtown, TX since 1/16/2021-her child was found alone in her car

Laura Read (34) missing from Midtown, TX since 1/16/2021-her child was found alone in her car

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...ng-in-houston/

A small child was found alive inside an abandoned vehicle belonging to missing Houston woman Laura Read, according to Texas EquuSearch officials.

Texas EquuSearch has joined police efforts to find the 34-year-old woman after she was last seen about 7 p.m. Saturday in the 3300 block of Smith Street in Midtown.

The child and her vehicle were found at a shopping center in the 1400 block of Gray Street, according to Asst. Dir. Frank Black with Texas Equusearch.

"The mother wouldn't leave her child in that car alone," Black said. "If she was coming here to the store to purchase something, and the baby was found their alone, there's a great concern for her safety."

Black said the child was a little less than a year old and confirmed Read is the child's mother. He said the child was found alive and is doing perfectly fine.

Texas EquuSearch has launched a ground search, including volunteers on foot and ATVs, to aid in the search.

The search staging location is at the shopping center on the 1400 block of Gray Street in Houston, organizers said.
    https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...ng-in-houston/

A search is underway Sunday for a missing woman after her child was found alone in a vehicle, according to Texas EquuSearch.

Houston police said 34-year-old Laura Read was last seen about 7 p.m. Saturday in the 3300 block of Smith Street in Midtown.

A representative of Texas EquuSearch said Read?s child was found alone in a vehicle in Midtown.

Read is described as white, 5 feet, 10 inches tall and 130 pounds. She has blue eyes and blond hair.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is urged to contact Houston Police Patrol at 713-884-3131 or the Houston Police Department missing persons division at 832-394-1840.

https://abc13.com/houston-missing-re...enter/9774394/

Missing Houston mom found days after her baby was discovered alone

A Houston mother has been found alive after her baby was discovered alone in her car in Midtown on Saturday, according to Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller.

Laura Read had been last seen on Saturday, Jan. 16, at around 7 p.m. in the Midtown area in the 3300 block of Smith Street.

According to an update issued by Texas EquuSearch on Sunday afternoon, Read took her boyfriend to work Saturday evening and then went to a shopping center on West Gray Street.

Someone later reported finding her child alone in a car.

"The baby was found in the vehicle, and when they ran the tag number and found out who it was, they realized that we got a mother that's missing," said Miller. "When you find out about a baby in a vehicle and [a] mom missing, it puts a whole new twist on a missing woman."

EquuSearch volunteers gathered Monday morning to search for Read. Just after 10:30 a.m., they confirmed she had been found. No other details about her location or condition were immediately available.

So she just abandoned her kid in the car and took off on foot? I wonder where she was found and the circumstances are surronding it. I wonder if she's mentally ill.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So she just abandoned her kid in the car and took off on foot? I wonder where she was found and the circumstances are surronding it. I wonder if she's mentally ill.
    I really don't know what is going on, but I would guess that mental issues play a part in all of this.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/lo...f-ea5f3fc3c32c

Search suspended for missing woman after she contacts father, tells him to call off search

The search for 34-year-old Laura Read was called off Monday morning.

Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch said he has been in contact with Read's father who confirmed that she is alive and is safe, but there has been no official confirmation from police at this time.

Read had reportedly contacted her father Monday morning and told him to call off the search, according to Miller.

Miller said he does believe Read is alive and well, but he has no idea where she is and he said her father does not know either.

Texas EquuSearch has been looking for Read since Sunday.

Read's parents on Sunday said there's no way she would have left her baby behind, so they were worried something terrible may have happened.

"I had a nice chat with my daughter last night, I think it must have been right before it happened, I don't know for sure," Read's father Randy said. "The conversation just kind of ended in a weird spot, I thought they were probably having dinner and she'd message after, and then I never heard anything back.

Miller said he is speechless at how this incident is unraveling, but nevertheless, he's happy that she's alive no matter what happened.

This investigation is still ongoing and we are working to gather more details.

Sorry, but she may have made that call under duress. I wouldn't want them to call off the search until she was proven to be safe.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Sorry, but she may have made that call under duress. I wouldn't want them to call off the search until she was proven to be safe.
    And are we sure it was a call? If she just texted or something...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

That's true, I never thought of that.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    And are we sure it was a call? If she just texted or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    That's true, I never thought of that.
    Hmmm....

https://nypost.com/2021/01/19/missin...und-abandoned/

A missing Texas mom whose son was found abandoned in her car contacted family to let them know that she is “alright” — prompting authorities to call off the search for her, police said.

Laura “Lacie” Read, 34, claimed she was safe when she texted her father, Randy, Monday morning from Utah using a phone number that he didn’t recognize, news station KPRC reported.

She then sent him a photo of herself and responded to a series of questions that only she would know the answers to, the outlet reported.

Read said she was “alright” and told him to suspend the search, which began Saturday night after her 1-year-old son, Xayden, was found alone in her parked car in Montrose.

Authorities agreed to stop looking for the missing mom, but officers and her family still don’t know why the boy was left to fend for himself. No charges have been filed for child abandonment.

“I don’t know what’s happened here,” Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch told news station KHOU.

“I talked to the father in depth minutes ago and he doesn’t know what happened yet neither.”

Her father, Randy, had previously said she would never abandon her son.

Thread Information