Thread: Phil Spector (81) lionized producer of 1960s pop and convicted murderer died from COVID-19

Phil Spector (81) lionized producer of 1960s pop and convicted murderer died from COVID-19

Phil Spector, a music producer and songwriter who came to dominate the pop charts in the early 1960s with his bombastic-symphonic "wall of sound" in hits such as "Be My Baby" and "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling," and whose long record of disturbing personal behavior culminated in a murder conviction in 2009, died Jan. 16 at 81.

California state prison officials announced that he died at a hospital outside of prison but did not provide further details. The statement said the cause will be determined by the medical examiner in the San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office.

In his career's twilight, Mr. Spector was found guilty of fatally shooting actress Lana Clarkson in 2003 at his sprawling neo-Gothic chateau east of Los Angeles after a night of drinking. After a mistrial, he was retried and convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to 19 years to life in prison.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...6df_story.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Can you add he dead to your title?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Can you add he dead to your title?
    No. I can't edit titles, but when we have a cause of death, I'm sure RBW will clean up after me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Music Producer Phil Spector Dead at 81 from COVID-19

https://www.facebook.com/philspector/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Spector

https://philspector.com/

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/17/phil-...-dead-dies-81/

Phil Spector, the music producer responsible for some of the biggest hits in music and the architect of The Wall of Sound has died ... sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ.

We're told he died from COVID-related complications, after being transferred from his prison cell to a hospital. We're told he was diagnosed 4 weeks ago and went to the hospital but recovered well enough to return to prison, where he was serving a 19-to-life sentence for the murder of Lana Clarkson.

Our sources say he relapsed, had trouble breathing and was rushed back to the hospital, where he died Saturday.

Spector began his career early ... when he was still in high school, he produced his first big hit, "To Know Him is To Love Him," by the Teddy Bears.

And then, the floodgates opened. He produced a flurry of hits ... from The Righteous Brothers "You Lost that Lovin' Feeling," "Unchained Melody," "You're My Soul and Inspiration," The Ronettes' "Be My Baby," The Crystals' "He's a Rebel," and on and on.

Spector had a deep association with The Beatles, and produced their final album, "Let It Be." Among the songs, "The Long and Winding Road," "Get Back," and the title track. He also produced John Lennon's solo work, including "Instant Karma," and "Imagine."

Phil's reach was far and wide. He also produced Ike & Tina Turner's "River Deep, Mountain High."

When Phil produced The Ronettes, he went on to marry their lead singer, Ronnie in 1968, and had a tumultuous relationship. She accused him of tormenting her during their 4 years together by telling her she was nothing -- personally or professionally -- without him, forbidding her to leave their mansion alone, and pulling guns on her.

She eventually fled barefoot from him in 1972.

Spector's "Wall of Sound" was a technique he discovered in a tunnel near Hollywood Blvd. The sound created a roaring effect, which Spector called the "Wagnerian approach to rock 'n' roll" -- it involved overdubbing scores of musicians in an orchestral style to make a fuller sound.

The technique was mimicked by the Beach Boys and Bruce Springsteen.

He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989.

Spector ended up in prison for the second-degree murder of Clarkson, an actress he'd met in 2003 while she was working at the House of Blues in WeHo. They went back to his mansion, and he shot her ... although he'd claimed it was an accidental suicide.

His first trial, in 2007, was declared a mistrial, due to a hung jury, but he was convicted in a 2009 retrial.

In March 2013, Al Pacino played Spector in the movie "Phil Spector."

Spector was 81.

RIP
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2021..._from_COVID_19
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 01-17-2021 at 05:27 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    He's my neighbor. I can see the castle from my house. I've acutally also been inside as his wife hired us to take care of her dogs. She's as nutty as he is so that didn't last long.

Good riddance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Good riddance asshole .

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    He's my neighbor. I can see the castle from my house. I've acutally also been inside as his wife hired us to take care of her dogs. She's as nutty as he is so that didn't last long.

Good riddance.
    Good riddance, I agree. Did you mean the castle as in the house he killed Lana in? Rip Lana Clarkson. And so glad Ronnie survived her relationship with this guy.

Thread Information