Thread: Zachary Lukas Rose's (27) remains found in a Fairfield, CA field over 3 years after he went missing

Zachary Lukas Rose's (27) remains found in a Fairfield, CA field over 3 years after he went missing

https://fox40.com/news/local-news/po...irfield-field/

FAIRFIELD, Calif. (KRON) ? Human remains and clothing have been discovered in a field near Cement Hill Road and Peabody Road, according to the Fairfield Police Department.

This is an ongoing investigation and no other details were immediately available.

Anyone with information is asked to call Fairfield police at (707) 428-7600.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/police-ide...ly-3-years-ago

FAIRFIELD, Calif. - Fairfield police on Monday announced the human remains found in a field near an Amtrak station have been identified.

Police identified Zachary Lukas Rose of Fairfield as the deceased. Police said Rose went missing nearly three years ago and that he would have turned 31 in March.

Rose's body and clothing were found in a field near Cement Hill and Peabody roads by the Fairfield/Vacaville Amtrak station, police said on Saturday.

"Our thoughts are with his family, and we hope while there are still many unanswered questions, the discovery of his body brings some closure," police said in a statement.

Police said they would not be issuing further details on this case and that the investigation is ongoing.

Anyone with information regarding Zachary Rose’s disappearance and death are asked to contact the Fairfield Police Department’s Investigations Bureau at (707) 428-7600.
    Zachary Lukas Rose (31) has been identified as the person found in Fairfield, CA Field and was apparently missing between 2017-2018 according to the report.

FAIRFIELD (CBS13) — Human remains that were discovered in a Fairfield field over the weekend have been identified as those of a man who went missing nearly three years ago.
    The Solano County Coroner’s Office identified Zachary Lukas Rose of Fairfield as the deceased.

Officials say Rose went missing on Feb. 3, 2018. He was 27 at the time. According to reports at the time of his disappearance, Rose had been spending the weekend with a friend when he apparently walked away from the residence in the 2400 block of Shorey Way. He left his vehicle and personal belongings including wallet, cellphone, car keys behind.

The remains and clothing were found in the area of Cement Hill Road and Peabody Road on Saturday.

“Our thoughts are with his family, and we hope while there are still many unanswered questions, the discovery of his body brings some closure,” the Fairfield Police Department said in a statement.

The investigation into Rose’s death is still ongoing and police are asking anyone with information about his disappearance and death to contact the Fairfield Police Department at (707) 428-7600.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021...remains-found/

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...-police/63435/

. Fairfield police recently posted an electronic billboard along Interstate 80 asking for the public to help solve a mystery: What happened to Zachery Rose?

Rose vanished back in February after parking his white pickup in front of his on-and-off boyfriend Phil Lasater’s home on Shorey Way in Fairfield.

“It’s like he dropped off the face of the earth,” said Fairfield police Lt. Jausiah Jacobsen.

Rose walked out of the Shorey Way home, leaving the front door open, at 10 p.m. on Feb. 3 by the account of Lasater, a 48-year-old San Francisco sheriff’s department supervisor. Police, friends and family say Rose has not been seen since.

Rose’s mother, Robyn, describes her 28-year-old son as quiet, punctual and dedicated to his work as a biotech engineer – not someone who would just vanish.

“I don’t believe that he would have walked away and left his cellphone, his wallet, his keys, his truck; that’s just not who he is,” she said in an interview. “He doesn’t go anywhere without his cellphone.”

Rose’s colleagues at Bio-Rad, a biotech research firm in Hercules, can’t understand it either.

“Zach is an engineer, and he is very big on safety,” said friend and fellow researcher Leila Ranis. “He would never put himself in a situation where he’s not going to be safe and he’s not able to get home safely.”

Another co-worker, Joe Poplete, agreed.

“I want to know what really happened, because him just walking away is not what I know of Zach,” Poplete said.

Rose left work at 5:37 p.m. Friday, Feb. 2, after telling Poplete he planned to spend Super Bowl weekend playing piano, according to investigators. Police say they have security footage and bridge-crossing photos that confirm he drove his pickup from Bio-Rad to Fairfield, where Lasater lives on Shorey Way. The two had met online, and in 2015, Rose left his native Arkansas to move in with Lasater, according to Robyn Rose. But by the time Rose disappeared, he had leased his own apartment in Hercules.

Investigators say Lasater reported Rose missing 17 hours after he said he last saw him at 10 p.m. Feb. 3. In a dispatch call obtained by NBC Bay Area, an emotional Lasater is heard telling a dispatcher how Rose had left the house the night before, leaving behind his parked truck and all his personal belongings, and had not returned. He said he wasn’t aware of anyone with whom Rose might have left.

As police began to probe Rose’s disappearance, they were reminded of the 2012 unsolved death of Lasater’s husband of 15 years. Bill Volkl, 41, died unexpectedly, apparently in his sleep. But the Solano County medical examiner was not able to determine what caused his death.

Volkl was obese and had a history of heart problems but also suffered an unexplained neck injury. “Our office cannot rule out foul play,” in light of that injury, the report noted.

Jacobsen says the two unsolved mysteries have police stymied.

“We have one individual who died of a suspicious method or manner inside the home, and fast forward in time, now someone’s vanished from it,” Jacobsen said.

In the case of Volkl, the autopsy report describes an emergency room visit two months before he died. Volkl was treated at NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield. Doctors there suspected he had suffered injuries as the result of domestic violence and notified police. But investigators were unable to pursue the matter after both Volkl and Lasater refused to cooperate, according to the report.

Jacobsen says investigators have repeatedly questioned Lasater as a potential person of interest related to both Volkl’s death and Rose’s disappearance. At this point, Fairfield police say, they cannot rule out the San Francisco sheriff’s lieutenant as a suspect.

Lasater, who has retained an attorney, declined to be interviewed, saying only that he’s been unjustly targeted by homophobic Fairfield police. In a webpage to raise money for Rose’s search, Lasater wrote: “Zach is a sweet, friendly and a humble young man.”

Jacobsen, who is heading both investigations, dismisses any suggestion that his department is homophobic. He says investigators only want to be able to rule out Lasater as a suspect.

“It’s frustrating for us on the side of not being able to solve this,” he said, “but it’s also frustrating for the family because they don’t know where he’s at as well.”

Having repeatedly searched the Shorey Way home and surrounding area with helicopters and cadaver dogs and coming up empty, police started to post the billboard along the freeway asking for the public’s help.

Robyn Rose, who has repeatedly driven out to California from Arkansas to help find her son, says she won’t rest until she does.

“I have to come to grips with the fact that it’s possible I may never see him again, and I may never know what actually happened to him,” she said. “But I won’t stop until I do find the truth. It’s out there. I will find it. I’ll do whatever it takes to find the truth.”

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...-police/63435/

. Fairfield police recently posted an electronic billboard along Interstate 80 asking for the public to help solve a mystery: What happened to Zachery Rose?

Rose vanished back in February after parking his white pickup in front of his on-and-off boyfriend Phil Lasater?s home on Shorey Way in Fairfield.

?It?s like he dropped off the face of the earth,? said Fairfield police Lt. Jausiah Jacobsen.

Rose walked out of the Shorey Way home, leaving the front door open, at 10 p.m. on Feb. 3 by the account of Lasater, a 48-year-old San Francisco sheriff?s department supervisor. Police, friends and family say Rose has not been seen since.

Rose?s mother, Robyn, describes her 28-year-old son as quiet, punctual and dedicated to his work as a biotech engineer ? not someone who would just vanish.

?I don?t believe that he would have walked away and left his cellphone, his wallet, his keys, his truck; that?s just not who he is,? she said in an interview. ?He doesn?t go anywhere without his cellphone.?

Rose?s colleagues at Bio-Rad, a biotech research firm in Hercules, can?t understand it either.

?Zach is an engineer, and he is very big on safety,? said friend and fellow researcher Leila Ranis. ?He would never put himself in a situation where he?s not going to be safe and he?s not able to get home safely.?

Another co-worker, Joe Poplete, agreed.

?I want to know what really happened, because him just walking away is not what I know of Zach,? Poplete said.

Rose left work at 5:37 p.m. Friday, Feb. 2, after telling Poplete he planned to spend Super Bowl weekend playing piano, according to investigators. Police say they have security footage and bridge-crossing photos that confirm he drove his pickup from Bio-Rad to Fairfield, where Lasater lives on Shorey Way. The two had met online, and in 2015, Rose left his native Arkansas to move in with Lasater, according to Robyn Rose. But by the time Rose disappeared, he had leased his own apartment in Hercules.

Investigators say Lasater reported Rose missing 17 hours after he said he last saw him at 10 p.m. Feb. 3. In a dispatch call obtained by NBC Bay Area, an emotional Lasater is heard telling a dispatcher how Rose had left the house the night before, leaving behind his parked truck and all his personal belongings, and had not returned. He said he wasn?t aware of anyone with whom Rose might have left.

As police began to probe Rose?s disappearance, they were reminded of the 2012 unsolved death of Lasater?s husband of 15 years. Bill Volkl, 41, died unexpectedly, apparently in his sleep. But the Solano County medical examiner was not able to determine what caused his death.

Volkl was obese and had a history of heart problems but also suffered an unexplained neck injury. ?Our office cannot rule out foul play,? in light of that injury, the report noted.

Jacobsen says the two unsolved mysteries have police stymied.

?We have one individual who died of a suspicious method or manner inside the home, and fast forward in time, now someone?s vanished from it,? Jacobsen said.

In the case of Volkl, the autopsy report describes an emergency room visit two months before he died. Volkl was treated at NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield. Doctors there suspected he had suffered injuries as the result of domestic violence and notified police. But investigators were unable to pursue the matter after both Volkl and Lasater refused to cooperate, according to the report.

Jacobsen says investigators have repeatedly questioned Lasater as a potential person of interest related to both Volkl?s death and Rose?s disappearance. At this point, Fairfield police say, they cannot rule out the San Francisco sheriff?s lieutenant as a suspect.

Lasater, who has retained an attorney, declined to be interviewed, saying only that he?s been unjustly targeted by homophobic Fairfield police. In a webpage to raise money for Rose?s search, Lasater wrote: ?Zach is a sweet, friendly and a humble young man.?

Jacobsen, who is heading both investigations, dismisses any suggestion that his department is homophobic. He says investigators only want to be able to rule out Lasater as a suspect.

?It?s frustrating for us on the side of not being able to solve this,? he said, ?but it?s also frustrating for the family because they don?t know where he?s at as well.?

Having repeatedly searched the Shorey Way home and surrounding area with helicopters and cadaver dogs and coming up empty, police started to post the billboard along the freeway asking for the public?s help.

Robyn Rose, who has repeatedly driven out to California from Arkansas to help find her son, says she won?t rest until she does.

?I have to come to grips with the fact that it?s possible I may never see him again, and I may never know what actually happened to him,? she said. ?But I won?t stop until I do find the truth. It?s out there. I will find it. I?ll do whatever it takes to find the truth.?

Phil Lasater should be examined as a person of interest in the death of Zachary Rose.

Thread Information