Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Suspected participants in the Capitol Insurrection Terrorism-January 6, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I miss edit. I really miss it.
    take two:

Hilary was qualified but vilified. Add in her husband's acts and you have a reason people didn't care to vote for her but at the same time they felt okay voting for her because they wrongly assumed enough would vote for her so their vote wouldn't be missed.
    So many progressives are willing to let "perfect" be the enemy of "good." They won't vote for Hill. because OMG Obama, and it worked out for them that time. Then, don't vote for Hil because, Bernie! and that screwed us all over. Even before that, don't vote for Gore, cause Ralph Nadar is on their radar. And of course, as you say Hil had been vilified since before Bill even walked in the door. I was worried about Trump when he first announced and my lefty friends all told me I was nuts, but, well here we are. I'm not so worried about him winning this time, just afraid he'll burn everything down on his way to hell. I've honestly never wished death on a politician, but I do think it would be convenient if a lighting bolt could hit in just the right spot, or maybe someone could choke on a pretzel or fall out a window.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Unfortunately, Hillary rubbed people the wrong way. I dont (hope) think it was because shes a woman. I've heard Democrats say they just didnt care for her.

This may not be popular opinion but I think people voted for Trump mostly because he was a celebrity, and as a country we worship celebrities (not me)(that is the only logical reason I can think of)
    Agree. And I think that a lot of it WAS because she is a woman, and people weren't ready for that yet. Sad, but true.

And yes on the celebrity thing - I mean, my state had the terminator as governor lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Agree. And I think that a lot of it WAS because she is a woman, and people weren't ready for that yet. Sad, but true.

And yes on the celebrity thing - I mean, my state had the terminator as governor lol.
    some of it definitely was because she was a female. some more of it was because she appeared aloof. and then of course she was the wife of the dude who ... well you know.

Celebrety is a weird thing and I think Donald's appeal was his rudeness and ego. He made some of society feel like this rude, selfcentered man "got" them, that he was really going to pull one over on big government. they were amused then amusement turned into disillusionment which turned into bat shit crazy. Oddly enough, the most rabid of his followers are the ones most likely to be harmed by his policies. They just don't see it because they bought into his anger. The further you get from the city near me, the further into the outskirts, the more you see Trumpism. Multiple flags outside houses and trailers falling down from disrepair and entire families out of work yet they still buy into his nonsense.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Unfortunately, Hillary rubbed people the wrong way. I dont (hope) think it was because shes a woman. I've heard Democrats say they just didnt care for her.

This may not be popular opinion but I think people voted for Trump mostly because he was a celebrity, and as a country we worship celebrities (not me)(that is the only logical reason I can think of)
    I agree. My best friend and her husband said they voted for Trump back then because they thought he was funny. It was a weird time in our nation and he just happened to get the right support. Personally, Hillary rubbed me wrong the wrong way, so that is the one Presidential election in my adulthood that I didn't vote in. I firmly believe there were a lot of voters who did the same thing because there was no way I was going to vote for Trump.

I will always always call him pmurT.

Last edited by Angiebla; 02-02-2024 at 02:19 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...air-rcna136969

A former Boston Police K-9 officer pleaded guilty to eight federal charges this week, admitting that he assaulted a Capitol Police officer with a chair during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Joseph Fisher was arrested in March 2023 after online "sedition hunters" who have assisted the FBI in hundreds of cases against Capitol rioters identified him as the man seen in surveillance footage inside the Capitol assaulting a police officer. Fisher pleaded guilty to all the charges he was facing, including felony civil disorder and a count of assaulting, resisting or impeding officers.

Fisher, who pleaded guilty to all of the crimes he was charged with without the benefit of a plea agreement, is set to be sentenced on May 24. His attorney did not response to a request for comment.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Im all for the FBI busting people in the riot, as long as they dont use that new AI technology to ID people in a video.

I heard about a guy that was wrongly accused, and was gang raped in prison and needed surgery.

But this dude pled guilty so fuck him.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Don't underestimate Trump. Ever.

I blame the Democrats for sitting on their asses and letting this happen. They had a FULL TERM to find a candidate that wasn't as old as Biden is. People don't want Biden because they don't want a WOC in power and it's more than a possibility that Biden won't live out another term.

He won the first time because people underestimated him. If it's him against Biden, he WILL win. Mark my words. And the Democrats want him in because they want the entire country to implode then blame the Republicans for it so that they come out smelling like a rose. They had 60 years to ratify Roe v Wade and sat on their asses. The same lobbyists are in their pockets as well. I'm pissed.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Don't underestimate Trump. Ever.

I blame the Democrats for sitting on their asses and letting this happen. They had a FULL TERM to find a candidate that wasn't as old as Biden is. People don't want Biden because they don't want a WOC in power and it's more than a possibility that Biden won't live out another term.

He won the first time because people underestimated him. If it's him against Biden, he WILL win. Mark my words. And the Democrats want him in because they want the entire country to implode then blame the Republicans for it so that they come out smelling like a rose. They had 60 years to ratify Roe v Wade and sat on their asses. The same lobbyists are in their pockets as well. I'm pissed.
    Completely agree. It is infuriating that the only candidates are Biden and Trump.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...286211071.html

Missouri man going to prison for Capitol riot says Donald Trump, Josh Hawley incited him
    I love how he is blaming everyone but himself. He listened to a mad orange person and made the decision to do what he did all on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I love how he is blaming everyone but himself. He listened to a mad orange person and made the decision to do what he did all on his own.
    Exactly. I totally agree trump was inciting people, but these are grown adults who make up their own mind.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Exactly. I totally agree trump was inciting people, but these are grown adults who make up their own mind.
    Yep. Just because your friends told you to go play in traffic...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Then again, we know how followers of a cult leader are more than willing to drink the koolaid....

Then again, we know how followers of a cult leader are more than willing to drink the koolaid....
    Truth. I honestly do not understand the mentality of Trump's followers and why they would be willing to break laws in order to support him...and he doesn't even care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Truth. I honestly do not understand the mentality of Trump's followers and why they would be willing to break laws in order to support him...and he doesn't even care about them.
    Same as cult followers lol. Like, someone tells you to drink poison and you do. WTF is wrong with you in the head? Same goes with trump humpers.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...unty-108241698

Supreme Court rejects appeal by former New Mexico county commissioner banned for Jan. 6 insurrection

The Supreme Court on Monday rejected an appeal from a former New Mexico county commissioner who was kicked out of office over his participation in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

Former Otero County commissioner Couy Griffin, a cowboy pastor who rode to national political fame by embracing then-President Donald Trump with a series of horseback caravans, is the only elected official thus far to be banned from office in connection with the Capitol attack, which disrupted Congress as it was trying to certify Joe Biden?s 2020 electoral victory over Trump.

At a 2022 trial in state district court, Griffin received the first disqualification from office in over a century under a provision of the 14th Amendment written to prevent former Confederates from serving in government after the Civil War.

Though the Supreme Court ruled this month that states don?t have the ability to bar Trump or other candidates for federal offices from the ballot, the justices said different rules apply to state and local candidates.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/taylor-joh...y?id=108799674

Jan. 6 rioter who led crowd in attacking police sentenced to over 7 years in prison

Taylor James Johnatakis was convicted in November on seven charges, including obstruction of an official proceeding and assaulting police officers.

Johnatakis led rioters in attacking the police line outside the Capitol, according to federal prosecutors.

"Specifically, using his megaphone, Johnatakis directed rioters to move up to the police line and yelled at the rioters to 'pack it in! pack it in!'" a press release states. "Johnatakis then instructed the crowd through the megaphone that they were going to push the bike racks 'one foot' at a time and counted, 'one, two, three, GO!!'"

At least one officer was injured in the fray, prosecutors said.

During his trial, Johnatakis represented himself, frustrating Judge Royce Lamberth with his erratic behavior. He argued his case by claiming to be a "sovereign citizen," The Associated Press reported, which the judge called "gobbledygook."

Johnatakis also asked the judge questions during his sentencing, including "Does the record reflect that I repent in my sins?" -- to which Lamberth replied he was not taking questions, the AP reported.

In a letter after Wednesday's hearing, Lamberth said every decision on how to sentence Jan. 6 rioters "aims to discourage these defendants from future violence, dissuade others from taking inspiration from the Capitol riot, and express the community's moral disapproval of this conduct."

He hit back at the idea that Johnatakis was simply exercising his freedom of speech, saying his actions were "neither First Amendment-protected activity nor civil disobedience."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/taylor-joh...y?id=108799674

Jan. 6 rioter who led crowd in attacking police sentenced to over 7 years in prison
    GOOD.

I saw a tweet from some cult member that was along the lines of, "Are we still going after people from that day? How long are we going to spend trying to find and arrest people for this?"

I don't know, Chad. Do you think crimes just erase themselves after a couple of years? Oops! We can't arrest this murderer because he decapitated that baby at least 3 years ago.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information