Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Suspected participants in the Capitol Insurrection Terrorism-January 6, 2021

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...out&li=BBnb7Kz

3 Capitol Police Officers Rapped for 'Conduct Unbecoming' in 1/6 Probe

An investigation into police operations during the January 6 riot at the Capitol in Washington D.C. resulted in three officers facing disciplinary proceedings for "conduct unbecoming."
    Following complaints, the OPR Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) launched 38 internal investigations.

The OPR said it was able to identify officers involved in 26 of the cases. It added several complaints did not have enough information to identify an officer.

According to the USCP, violations were found and disciplinary action was recommended in six cases.

Of those, three were for unbecoming conduct, one for failure to comply with directives, one for improper remarks and one for improper dissemination of information.

It added the U.S. Attorney's Office said it "did not find sufficient evidence that any of the officers committed a crime."

The force continued, that one case about an official accused of "unsatisfactory performance and conduct" was still pending.

None of the officers' names - both those cleared and those recommended for disciplinary action - were shared in the press release.

It added that no cases of wrongdoing were found in the remaining cases.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...id=mailsignout

George Bush Delights Democrats, Infuriates MAGA World With Veiled Jan. 6, 9/11 Comparison

On the 20th anniversary of the deadliest terror attack in the U.S., former President George W. Bush warned of danger from domestic terrorists, delighting Democrats and infuriating supporters of former President Donald Trump.

"We have seen growing evidence that the dangers to our country can come, not only across borders, but from violence that gathers within," Bush said in a speech marking the anniversary at the Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

"There is little cultural overlap between violent extremists abroad and violent extremists at home," he said. "But in their disdain for pluralism, in their disregard for human life, in their determination to defile national symbols, they are children of the same foul spirit."

"And it is our continuing duty to confront them," Bush added.

Bush's veiled remarks came eight months after violent rioters stormed the U.S. Capitol on January 6 in an effort to disrupt Congress certifying President Joe Biden's election win, and just days after Attorney General Merrick Garland warned that the threat from homegrown violent extremist groups, particularly white supremacists, has grown to a level "higher than it ever was."
    Democrats and other critics of Trump quickly praised the former Republican president's apparent linking of January 6 to September 11.

"George W. Bush is right—we must always remain vigilant against terrorist extremists both at home and abroad. And we cannot rest until all of Trump's traitorous, insurrectionist foot soldiers face justice," tweeted the Democratic coalition.

Keith Olbermann, a former MSNBC anchor who was suspended from the network in 2010 for making political contributions, tweeted: "Even George W. Bush now recognizes Trump, his supporters and those who directly participated in the 1/6 Coup attempt are terrorists—surely as the 9/11 ones were. I'll say it again: Trump damaged America in a way Bin Laden only dreamed of."

Meanwhile, Trump supporters and far-right figures vehemently condemned Bush's remarks online.

Former Senate candidate and longtime Republican Rob Maness tweeted, "I have personally overlooked many things from former President George W. Bush but his comparison between Trump voters and the Jihadists from 9/11 is an absolute disgrace."

"George Bush has been a skid mark on this nation for some time. And remains so," tweeted conservative commentator Jesse Kelly, who ran for the House in 2012 to represent Arizona.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...id=mailsignout

George Bush Delights Democrats, Infuriates MAGA World With Veiled Jan. 6, 9/11 Comparison
    I listened to his speech and it was AMAZING. He is what Republicans used to be like. What's in the goverment now isn't anywhere near what Republicans represent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...out&li=BBnbfcL

Melania Trump said 'no' when given chance to call for peace on January 6, sources say

Then-first lady Melania Trump declined to call for peace and non-violence as insurrectionists stormed the United States Capitol building on January 6, two sources with knowledge of the events of the day told CNN.

The sources told CNN that Trump's aide Stephanie Grisham sent her a text that said, "Do you want to tweet that peaceful protests are the right of every American, but there is no place for lawlessness and violence?" to which Trump replied with one word: "No." Grisham details the account in her upcoming book titled "I'll Take Your Questions Now," according to portions published in Politico on Monday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...out&li=BBnbfcL

Melania Trump said 'no' when given chance to call for peace on January 6, sources say
    Well, she's obviously a kept woman and has been since she met shitstain. If she had any real values or backbone, she would have never hooked up with him in the first place so am I really surprised?

I would have had SOME kind of respect or sympathy for her if she had left the dickhead the minute he left office, but no. She's still there and with him so she can go fuck herself. She has the means and backing to get away and has literally chosen not to so my only conclusion is that she shares his shitty values.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

...and here we go.

https://www.wesh.com/article/capitol...ters/37576298#

Capitol Police arrest man with bayonet and machete in truck near DNC headquarters

U.S. Capitol Police say they arrested a California man who had multiple knives in his truck, which had a swastika and other White supremacist symbols painted on it, near the Democratic National Committee headquarters early Monday morning.

Officers on patrol noticed the Dodge Dakota pickup truck around midnight on Sunday. Police say the truck didn't have a license plate but instead a picture of an American flag.

The officers pulled over the truck and noticed a bayonet and machete, which are illegal in the District of Columbia. The driver, identified as 44-year-old Donald Craighead of Oceanside, California, was arrested.

The arrest comes while law enforcement officials are already bracing for potential clashes and unrest during an upcoming right-wing rally on Saturday in Washington, D.C., according to an internal Capitol Police memo reviewed by CNN last week.

The arrest came hours before Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger told reporters that the U.S. Capitol Police board has approved the department's request to reinstall temporary fencing around the building ahead of the planned rally this weekend. Fencing was erected around the Capitol following the deadly Jan. 6 riot though it was eventually pared back and removed over the summer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dh...out&li=BBnb7Kz

DHS bulletin warns of online threats ahead of "Justice for J6" rally

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) informed law enforcement partners they are aware of a "small number of recent online threats of violence" connected to the "Justice for J6" rally outside the U.S. Capitol, Saturday, including "online discussions encouraging violence the day before the rally."
    According to the intelligence bulletin obtained by CBS News, social media users have discussed storming the U.S. Capitol on the night before the rally. Earlier this month, one user "commented on kidnapping an identified member of Congress," the bulletin says.

"Other references to violence identified on social media include discussions of using the rally to target local Jewish institutions, elected officials, and 'liberal churches,'" the bulletin reads.

Up to 700 people are expected to attend Saturday's rally in support of those who rioted at the U.S. Capitol on January 6 ? a significantly smaller number than the "tens of thousands" who came that day to protest the 2020 presidential election outcome.

Event organizers have indicated that they've received "death threats" from those opposed to the rally, DHS told law enforcement partners Thursday.

Intelligence officials noted that a counter-rally is slated to take place on Saturday at Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., raising the possibility of clashes between ideological opponents.

"Lone offenders and small groups of individuals can mobilize to violence with little-to-no warning, particularly in response to confrontational encounters with perceived opponents or calls for escalation by key influencers," the intelligence product reads. "The likely use of encrypted or closed communication platforms by those seeking to commit violence challenges law enforcement's ability to identify and disrupt potential plotting."

Yep. Just what I thought.
    Oh well, back to gum.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/polit...iot/index.html

Justice Department unseals Capitol riot charges against FreedomWorks organizer

The Justice Department unsealed charges on Thursday against an organizer from the conservative advocacy group FreedomWorks for his alleged role in the January 6 insurrection.
    Brandon Prenzlin was charged last week with four federal misdemeanors for what prosecutors say was just over three minutes inside the Capitol.
    According to court documents, a confidential source identified Prenzlin from video shot inside the Capitol on January 6. Investigators matched the images to his social media posts, including a March video in which he identifies himself as a grassroots coordinator with FreedomWorks.

FreedomWorks was created through a merger between the Koch Brothers' Citizens for a Sound Economy and Empower America, a right-wing think tank. Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation later split off to become Americans for Prosperity.

Prenzlin is no longer listed as an employee on the FreedomWorks website. FreedomWorks did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...uring-n1280790

New York mother, son arrested in theft of Pelosi's laptop during Capitol riot

The FBI arrested Maryann Mooney-Rondon, 55, and her son, Rafael Rondon, 23, of Watertown, New York, in connection with the stolen laptop, according to court documents.

A 25-year veteran of the U.S. Capitol Police force was charged Friday with trying to protect a man who was later accused of illegally entering the Capitol during the January 6 riot.

A grand jury indictment charged Officer Michael Angelo Riley with repeatedly telling the man to delete all social media that would provide proof of entering the building that day.

?[I']m a capitol police officer who agrees with your political stance,? Riley said in a Facebook direct message, according to the indictment. ?Take down the part about being in the building they are correctly investigating and everyone who was in the building is going to be charged. Just looking out!?

Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger said Riley was placed on leave.

"Obstruction of justice is a very serious allegation," Manger said. "The department was notified about this investigation several weeks ago. Upon his arrest, the officer was placed on administrative leave pending the completion of the case."

Capitol police will conduct their own administrative investigation, he said.

Court documents said Riley, a member of the police K-9 unit, sent a Facebook friend request to a man described only as "Person 1" on Jan. 1. Both were in Facebook groups devoted to fishing. The day after the riot, Riley sent a direct message to Person 1, who had posted photos and videos admitting his presence in the Capitol.

Law enforcement officials said Person 1 is a Virginia fishing charter boat operator, Jacob Hiles. He pleaded guilty in early September to a charge of illegally parading in the Capitol and will be sentenced in December. Court documents in his case said he ?smoked an unknown substance? during his time in the building.
    The two exchanged dozens more Facebook direct messages, the indictment said. When Person 1 said he did not think he had done anything wrong, Riley responded, "The only thing I can see is if you went in the building and they have proof you will be charged."

Several days later, Riley advised Person 1, "Get off of social media," the indictment said.

Court documents said that on Jan. 20, the man told Riley that the FBI was curious about his conversations with the Capitol police officer, and that Riley then deleted all his Facebook direct messages to and from Person 1.

The next day, the indictment said, Riley sent him a new message saying a video showed the man in the Capitol "smoking weed and acting like a moron. I have to say i was shocked and dumfounded, since your story of getting pushed in the building with no other choice now seems not only false but a big lie. I feel like a moron for believing you."

Riley received commendations from the Capitol Police and a national law enforcement organization about 10 years ago for performing resuscitative measures on a fellow police officer suffering a medical emergency.

Justice Department officials said Riley was arrested Friday on obstruction of justice charges. The name of his lawyers was not immediately available.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ter-s-n1281654
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

"Placed on leave".

How about YOU'RE FUCKING FIRED AND CHARGED IN AIDING AND ABETTING. WTF.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    "Placed on leave".

How about YOU'RE FUCKING FIRED AND CHARGED IN AIDING AND ABETTING. WTF.
    This is America. We give them a beer and a pat on the back.
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...id=mailsignout

Woman who flew to Capitol riot in private plane gets prison time

Real estate broker Jennifer Leigh Ryan was sentenced Thursday to 60 days in prison for her role in the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. The 51-year-old flew to the Capitol with a group of people from Denton, Texas, in a private plane and documented her involvement heavily on social media.

Ryan plead guilty to one count of "parading, demonstrating, or picketing in the Capitol building." She expressed remorse during sentencing, saying "this is not anything that remotely resembles who I am."

Judge Christopher Cooper emphasized that Ryan was prosecuted for her actions inside the Capitol, not her political beliefs.

"Your case has generated a fair amount of public interest," Cooper said Thursday. "And as a result, people will be interested to know what sentence you get. That sentence will tell them something about how the courts and how our country responded. And I think that the sentence should tell them that we take it seriously ... and that it should never happen again."

On January 6, Ryan posted a video saying her group came to "storm the capitol." She also posted several Facebook live videos to her social media, where she can be seen entering the Capitol through the Rotunda before walking throughout the building, according to charging documents. "Life or death, it doesn't matter. Here we go," Ryan says in the now deleted video.

She also tweeted, "We just stormed the Capital. It was one of the best days of my life."

Ryan later said she went to Washington to do what former President Donald J. Trump asked of his supporters.

"I feel like I was basically following my president," Ryan said in a January interview with CBS Dallas-Fort Worth. "I was following what we were called to do. He asked us to fly there. He asked us to be there."

She also maintained that she would not receive jail time for her actions.

"Definitely not going to jail," she tweeted in March. "Sorry I have blonde hair white skin a great job a great future and I'm not going to jail. Sorry to rain on your hater parade. I did nothing wrong."

In January, PayPayl closed her account after she tried to accept donations to pay her legal fees and "business losses" while the FBI investigated.

As part of her sentencing, Ryan will be required to pay $1,500 in fines to the Architect of the Capitol.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mich...ry?id=81369462

Michael Jackson impersonator, cast member of 'Jesus Christ Superstar' charged for alleged role in Jan. 6 riot

A 49-year-old man from Orlando, Florida, who the federal government says is a successful Michael Jackson impersonator and plays Judas in the traveling production of 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' was charged on Tuesday for his alleged role in the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol.

Prosecutors say James Beeks, an alleged member of the Oath Keepers militia, joined the "stack" that was forming outside the Capitol steps on Jan. 6. Beeks, they say, was a member of "stack one," which attempted to push its way through law enforcement officers and, according to one member of the group unnamed in federal court documents, was looking for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Beeks allegedly admitted to fellow Oath Keepers that he joined the group shortly before the Jan. 6 riot.

Court documents display still frames from videos allegedly showing Beeks inside the Capitol marching in the "stack" and outside the Capitol carrying what they say appeared to be a homemade shield.

Beeks was arrested on Tuesday and appeared in federal court in Wisconsin, but did not enter a plea.

He plays "Judas". When life imitates art.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Once more, social media, vanity, and stupidity play a part in catching these fools. Hope they rot in jail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...mpaign=wp_main
    Two men linked to accused Proud Boys leader Ethan Nordean were among the first Jan. 6 riot participants to breach police barricades at the U.S. Capitol, newly unsealed charging documents allege.

James Haffner, 53, of South Dakota, and Ronald Loehrke, 30, of Georgia, were arrested and charged this week with civil disorder, a felony. Haffner was also charged with assaulting or impeding officers with an aerosol spray.

An FBI affidavit alleged that before Jan. 6, Nordean texted Loehrke saying he wanted Loehrke on ?the front line? with him. Loehrke replied, ?Sounds good man,? and indicated that he would bring three others with him, the FBI said.

The FBI said it identified Haffner partly through a social media post by his wife on Aug. 7 that included a photograph of the couple and a third person whose image was redacted but his wife identified in a caption as Trump lawyer Sidney Powell, who was in South Dakota that week for a bus and motorcycle ride through the state coinciding with the Sturgis motorcycle rally.

Loehrke and Haffner allegedly marched with a group of Proud Boys led by Nordean to the U.S. Capitol. The pair joined a crowd that overran a pedestrian barrier shortly after 1 p.m., breached the building?s West Plaza and stood at the front of a crowd confronting a single line of riot police, before dismantling police barricades on the east side, the FBI said.

?Don?t back down, patriots! ? The whole ... world is watching. Stand ... up!? Loehrke exhorted with expletives to a crowd who he said were only ?stopped by 25 officers? at one point, charging papers stated.

The FBI said Haffner sprayed police guarding the Columbus doors shortly before they were breached by a crowd that poured into the Capitol Rotunda. The FBI included images that investigators allege show Loehrke wearing a plaid jacket, maroon hoodie, and a baseball cap with a red ?Cummins Oil? logo, and Haffner with a dark hoodie, red cap, and long beard. Both pictured men wore dark glasses.

The FBI said it identified Loerhke partly through a video taken Jan. 6 outside of a downtown hotel of a person wearing matching clothing and a similar right-hand tattoo with the word ?stay? on the knuckles and the outline of a rose. Haffner was traced through airline, hotel and payment records, his South Dakota driver?s license, as well as the photograph, which showed Haffner standing next to two women whose heads were covered by a black rectangular redaction box, the FBI alleged.

?Sidney FRICKIN? Powell!! What an awesome experience getting to meet her and her team! #SidneyPowell #releasethekraken #TrumpTrain #sturgisrally,? Haffner?s wife commented next to a photo of three people standing in front of a campaign-style bus bearing the logos of ?Women for Trump? and the photos of President Donald Trump, conservative commentator Candace Owens and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), according to charging papers. The bus appears to be the same one that Powell was photographed with during her South Dakota trip, and the person Haffner?s wife referred to as Powell is wearing a black biking vest and bracelet similar to what the latter was photographed wearing the following day, although with a different colored shirt and pants.

Haffner was arrested in Pennington County in South Dakota and appeared in federal court Wednesday. Loehrke was arrested in Cumming, Ga., on Thursday and made an initial appearance Friday, when the case was unsealed. Court-appointed lawyers who initially represented the men did not immediately respond to requests for comment Friday evening.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fo...out&li=BBnb7Kz

Former National Guard leaders claimed part of an Army report on the Pentagon response to Jan. 6 is 'whole fiction'

Two former DC National Guard leaders are pushing back against the US Army's report about the Pentagon's response to the Capitol riot, Politico reported.

Published in March of this year, the 20-page internal report obtained by Politico included a timeline of the planning and preparation by federal law enforcement to respond to the Capitol.

"On January 6, the DCNG was postured to conduct a small traffic and crowd control mission in support of MPD and DC FEMS, and had no indication that anything further would be request of the DCNG," the report says.

"As soon as they were notified of the severity of the situation [at the] Capitol, at approximately 1425 hours, Army senior leaders worked relentlessly to develop an understanding of the situation, plan the new mission of the DCNG — which involved inserting the DCNG into a chaotic and dangerous environment — and gain Acting SecDef approval to conduct CDO," the report continued.

Sergeant at Arms William Walker, then Major General with the National Guard said the Guard didn't need the Army to create the plan.

"I didn't need them to create a plan for me and I still haven't seen this plan they created," Walker said. "Where's the plan?"

Shortly before 4 p.m. local time on January 6, the DC National Guard "had yet to develop a plan" to support Metropolitan Police officers and US Capitol Police officers responding to the scene, according to the Army report.

The report went on to say that top Army officials were in communication with DC Guard leaders to develop a plan to deploy National Guard troops to the Capitol.

But Walker said some of those communications never happened, according to Politico. In the Army report, a call between then-Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy and Walker took place at 2:25 p.m., in which McCarthy asked Walker how fast the Guard's Quick Response Force could respond to the situation at the Capitol.

Walker responded that it would be ready to go in about 20 minutes, according to the report.

But Walker told Politico that that conversation never happened, including two later calls with Army officials. He also claimed that Guard troops were ready to respond, contrary to the internal report.

"That call didn't happen," he said of the 3 p.m. call in the report, in which McCarthy directed Walker to prepare troops to deploy to the Capitol. "I would never have to prepare [Guardsmen] to move. I would just order them to move. And they already had the equipment."

Col. Earl Matthews, a former top lawyer for the DC Guard, refuted the report, calling it "whole fiction." Matthews added that he and Walker were not allowed to see the Army report, and Matthews said Guard members were not consulted in the drafting of the report.

Earlier this week, Matthews sent a memo to the House select committee investigating the January 6 riot pushing back on the Army's narrative of their January 6 response, first reported by Politico.

"Guardsmen who were already on duty, were trained in civil disturbance response, already had area familiarization with Washington, DC, were properly kitted and were delayed only because of inaction and inertia at the Pentagon," he wrote in his memo.

Walker and Matthews also accused two Army generals of not being forthright to members of Congress, claiming it was an attempt to cover up a decision to withhold troops from responding to the January 6 insurrection.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/14/polit...eat/index.html
    Man who threatened to shoot Pelosi sentenced to more than two years in prison

A Georgia man who drove cross-country with an assault rifle and threatened to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was sentenced to 28 months behind bars during in an emotional hearing on Tuesday.

Cleveland Meredith Jr. pleaded guilty in September to sending threatening communications. Though he missed the January 6 rally because of car troubles, Meredith was one of the first people charged in relation to the Capitol riot after his mother reported concerning texts to the FBI on January 7. Agents found Meredith in a hotel one mile from the Capitol with thousands of rounds of ammunition, a handgun and an assault rifle stashed in his trailer.

"Let the record be crystal clear that it is not patriotism, it is not justified to descend on the Capitol at the behest of a candidate who lost an election and terrorize others," Judge Amy Berman Jackson said, calling the riot the "definition of tyranny."

She added, "Canceling the votes of others at the point of a gun is the antithesis of what this country stands for."

He will get credit for the 11 months he has already spent behind bars.

Meredith is one of several Capitol riot defendants who hurled threats at lawmakers, but only the second to be sentenced to related charges.
    According to the plea agreement, Meredith texted a friend the day after the riot that he was thinking of attending an event with Pelosi and "putting a bullet in her noggin on Live TV." In other messages, Meredith said he might shoot the mayor of DC, that he was "ready to remove several craniums from shoulders," and that he would rather die than go to jail.

"I predict that within the next 12 days, many in our country will die," Meredith wrote.

When a relative confronted him about the texts, Meredith said that he was "jus havin fun" and was "locked in my hotel room...high."

"I was out of control that day and I apologize to speaker Pelosi if I scared her," Meredith said. He vowed to go to therapy when he gets out of jail, and said that he is "done with politics."

"This is not who I am, this is not who I want to be" Meredith said, sobbing. "This is not who I want to be remembered as."

Both of Meredith's parents and two close friends spoke on his behalf during the hearing, testifying about the man he once was and how he was radicalized by his descent into QAnon.

Tyler Dixon, a family friend, said that the first time he heard of QAnon was when Meredith visited his house in 2018. Meredith was spouting theories Dixon said he didn't understand at the time, and said that he "just wanted to be loved."

Associated Press
    Toughest sentence yet for any Capitol rioter: over 5 years
    COLLEEN LONG
    Fri, December 17, 2021, 11:33 AM?5 min read
    In this article:

WASHINGTON (AP) ? A Capitol rioter who attacked police officers working to hold back the angry pro-Trump mob on Jan. 6 was sentenced Friday to more than five years behind bars, the most so far for anyone sentenced in the insurrection.

Robert Palmer, 54, of Largo, Florida, wept as he told U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan that he recently watched a video of his actions that day and could not believe what he was seeing.

?Your honor. I?m really really ashamed of what I did,? he said through tears.

Palmer was one of several rioters sentenced on Friday in District of Columbia court for their actions that day, when the angry mob descended to disrupt the certification of Joe Biden?s victory following a rally by then-President Donald Trump. Scores of police were beaten and bloodied, five people died and there was about $1.5 million in damage done to the U.S. Capitol. Palmer is the 65th defendant to be sentenced overall. More than 700 people have been charged.

A college student who posted online that ?Infamy is just as good as fame? after she climbed through a broken window at Capitol was sentenced to a month in jail for her actions. Gracyn Courtright, 23, of Hurricane, West Virginia, didn't injure anyone, though, and her sentence reflected that.

But Palmer made his way to the front line during the chaos and started to attack, throwing a wooden plank, spraying a fire extinguisher, then hurling it when it was done. He rooted around for other objects, prosecutors said. He was briefly pepper-sprayed by police before he attacked officers again with a pole. He pleaded guilty to attacking officers.

Palmer said in a handwritten letter to the judge that he felt betrayed by Trump and his allies who fed them conspiracy theories.

?Trump supporters were lied to by those at the time who had great power," he wrote. "They kept spitting out the false narrative about a stolen election and how it was ?our duty? to stand up to tyranny.?

Palmer, who has been held at the D.C. jail among fetid conditions that prompted a review by authorities, said it wasn't fair that he be punished so severely when the ringleaders aren't even behind bars.

The judge agreed ? to a point. ?It is true that the people who extorted you and encouraged you and rallied you to go and take action have not been charged,? she said. ?That is not the court?s decision. I have my opinions but they are not relevant.?

Before Palmer?s sentencing of 63 months, the longest prison term handed down for a Capitol rioter was 41 months. That was the sentence received by both Jacob Chansley, the Arizona man who wore a horned fur hat, bare chest and face paint inside the Capitol; and New Jersey gym owner Scott Fairlamb, the first person to be sentenced for assaulting a law enforcement officer during the riot.

?It has to be made clear ... trying to stop the peaceful transition of power and assaulting law enforcement officers is going to be met with certain punishment," the judge said. ?There are going to be consequences. I'm not making an example of you. I'm sentencing you for the conduct you did.?

Courtright, 23, of Hurricane, West Virginia, sobbed as she told U.S. District Court Judge Christopher Cooper that ?if I could take back anything in my life it would be my actions on Jan. 6.?

She posted photos of herself online ? like scores of other rioters ? reveling in the moment. ?Can?t wait to tell my grandkids I was here!? she wrote, and inside the Senate chamber, she was photographed holding a ?Members only? sign.

?I will never be the same girl again,? the University of Kentucky student said through tears. ?This has changed me completely.?

After the riot, she dug in on social media when she was criticized for her actions, before eventually deleting her accounts. Courtright is among the youngest of those charged in the Capitol riot so far.

Her attorney on Friday argued she had no idea what she was doing and that she wasn't a political activist ? she didn't even vote in the election she was there to protest. The judge seized on that during his remarks.

?That is your choice obviously, but in my view ? if any citizen wants to participate in our democracy, casting a vote is the price of admission," he said. ?Because when you do that, you have to study the issues and the candidates, learn what their policies are, figure out how those policies are affecting your community.?

Participating in a democracy isn?t like going to a University of Kentucky game and ?rooting for a team just because of the color of their jerseys,? the judge said. ?It?s certainly not resorting to violence when your team doesn?t win the game,? he told Courtright.

Cooper also noted that Courtright made it to the floor of the U.S. Senate at about the exact time that Ashli Babbitt, on the House, side was shot dead.

?Do you know how many people died on Jan. 6, 5. Including Ms. Babbitt?? he asked. ?Five.?

?Do you know how many Capitol police officers committed suicide after Jan. 6, harmed from the trauma of that day? Four,? the judge added. "So was it cool to have been there??

?No," she answered emphatically.

Still, the judge said the recommended six months in prison was too high and sentenced her instead to 30 days, one year of supervised release, and 60 hours of community service.

He said he hoped she could pull her life together and that she ?should not be judged by the worst mistake you have made in your life.?
    https://news.yahoo.com/college-stude...173304896.html

On cell.
    They just need to throw this woman into a dark, damp cell.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...edium=news_tab
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Robert Palmer, 54, of Largo, Florida, wept as he told U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan that he recently watched a video of his actions that day and could not believe what he was seeing.

This one of those guys that probably has a blue lives matter bumper sticker and then ends up hurting them.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post

This one of those guys that probably has a blue lives matter bumper sticker and then ends up hurting them.
    When the brainwashing breaks it's spell.
    Oh well, back to gum.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...jan-6-n1287434

Oath Keeper leader, 10 others charged with 'seditious conspiracy' in Jan. 6 Capitol attack

Stewart Rhodes, founder of the far-right militia the Oath Keepers, has been indicted and arrested for his organization's involvement in planning the Jan. 6 attack.

Rhodes, 56, is being charged for the first time in connection to events leading up to and on Jan. 6, according to a statement Thursday from the Justice Department. An additional 10 people, including nine others who already faced charges in connection to the riot, were also indicted.

The defendants conspired in a variety of ways, including organizing into teams that were "prepared and willing to use force and to transport firearms and ammunition into Washington, D.C." the DOJ said, citing the indictment.

Rhodes had put out a call on the group's website in the days before the attack for "all patriots who can be in DC" to travel to Washington for a "security mission" to "stand tall in support of President Trump's fight."

In November 2021, the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 riot subpoenaed the Oath Keepers and the Proud Boys, the other extremist group, alleging they were involved in planning the attack.

The panel issued subpoenas at the time seeking information and testimony from Rhodes, and Henry "Enrique" Tarrio, who was chairman of the Proud Boys at the time of the riot.

Tarrio was arrested on Jan. 4 in Washington on a warrant stemming from an incident at a Dec. 12 Proud Boys rally. At the time of his arrest, officers found two unloaded magazines emblazoned with the Proud Boys logo in his bag, each with a capacity to hold 30 rounds for AR-15 or M4-style weapons.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Rhodes had put out a call on the group's website in the days before the attack for "all patriots who can be in DC" to travel to Washington for a "security mission" to "stand tall in support of President Trump's fight."
    Geez.

Thread Information