Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Suspected participants in the Capitol Insurrection Terrorism-January 6, 2021

A 25-year veteran of the U.S. Capitol Police force was charged Friday with trying to protect a man who was later accused of illegally entering the Capitol during the January 6 riot.

A grand jury indictment charged Officer Michael Angelo Riley with repeatedly telling the man to delete all social media that would provide proof of entering the building that day.

?[I']m a capitol police officer who agrees with your political stance,? Riley said in a Facebook direct message, according to the indictment. ?Take down the part about being in the building they are correctly investigating and everyone who was in the building is going to be charged. Just looking out!?

Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger said Riley was placed on leave.

"Obstruction of justice is a very serious allegation," Manger said. "The department was notified about this investigation several weeks ago. Upon his arrest, the officer was placed on administrative leave pending the completion of the case."

Capitol police will conduct their own administrative investigation, he said.

Court documents said Riley, a member of the police K-9 unit, sent a Facebook friend request to a man described only as "Person 1" on Jan. 1. Both were in Facebook groups devoted to fishing. The day after the riot, Riley sent a direct message to Person 1, who had posted photos and videos admitting his presence in the Capitol.

Law enforcement officials said Person 1 is a Virginia fishing charter boat operator, Jacob Hiles. He pleaded guilty in early September to a charge of illegally parading in the Capitol and will be sentenced in December. Court documents in his case said he ?smoked an unknown substance? during his time in the building.
    The two exchanged dozens more Facebook direct messages, the indictment said. When Person 1 said he did not think he had done anything wrong, Riley responded, "The only thing I can see is if you went in the building and they have proof you will be charged."

Several days later, Riley advised Person 1, "Get off of social media," the indictment said.

Court documents said that on Jan. 20, the man told Riley that the FBI was curious about his conversations with the Capitol police officer, and that Riley then deleted all his Facebook direct messages to and from Person 1.

The next day, the indictment said, Riley sent him a new message saying a video showed the man in the Capitol "smoking weed and acting like a moron. I have to say i was shocked and dumfounded, since your story of getting pushed in the building with no other choice now seems not only false but a big lie. I feel like a moron for believing you."

Riley received commendations from the Capitol Police and a national law enforcement organization about 10 years ago for performing resuscitative measures on a fellow police officer suffering a medical emergency.

Justice Department officials said Riley was arrested Friday on obstruction of justice charges. The name of his lawyers was not immediately available.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ter-s-n1281654
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    "Placed on leave".

How about YOU'RE FUCKING FIRED AND CHARGED IN AIDING AND ABETTING. WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    "Placed on leave".

How about YOU'RE FUCKING FIRED AND CHARGED IN AIDING AND ABETTING. WTF.
    This is America. We give them a beer and a pat on the back.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mich...ry?id=81369462

Michael Jackson impersonator, cast member of 'Jesus Christ Superstar' charged for alleged role in Jan. 6 riot

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 06:13 PM.

He plays "Judas". When life imitates art.

Once more, social media, vanity, and stupidity play a part in catching these fools. Hope they rot in jail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...mpaign=wp_main
    Two men linked to accused Proud Boys leader Ethan Nordean were among the first Jan. 6 riot participants to breach police barricades at the U.S. Capitol, newly unsealed charging documents allege.

James Haffner, 53, of South Dakota, and Ronald Loehrke, 30, of Georgia, were arrested and charged this week with civil disorder, a felony. Haffner was also charged with assaulting or impeding officers with an aerosol spray.

An FBI affidavit alleged that before Jan. 6, Nordean texted Loehrke saying he wanted Loehrke on ?the front line? with him. Loehrke replied, ?Sounds good man,? and indicated that he would bring three others with him, the FBI said.

The FBI said it identified Haffner partly through a social media post by his wife on Aug. 7 that included a photograph of the couple and a third person whose image was redacted but his wife identified in a caption as Trump lawyer Sidney Powell, who was in South Dakota that week for a bus and motorcycle ride through the state coinciding with the Sturgis motorcycle rally.

Loehrke and Haffner allegedly marched with a group of Proud Boys led by Nordean to the U.S. Capitol. The pair joined a crowd that overran a pedestrian barrier shortly after 1 p.m., breached the building?s West Plaza and stood at the front of a crowd confronting a single line of riot police, before dismantling police barricades on the east side, the FBI said.

?Don?t back down, patriots! ? The whole ... world is watching. Stand ... up!? Loehrke exhorted with expletives to a crowd who he said were only ?stopped by 25 officers? at one point, charging papers stated.

The FBI said Haffner sprayed police guarding the Columbus doors shortly before they were breached by a crowd that poured into the Capitol Rotunda. The FBI included images that investigators allege show Loehrke wearing a plaid jacket, maroon hoodie, and a baseball cap with a red ?Cummins Oil? logo, and Haffner with a dark hoodie, red cap, and long beard. Both pictured men wore dark glasses.

The FBI said it identified Loerhke partly through a video taken Jan. 6 outside of a downtown hotel of a person wearing matching clothing and a similar right-hand tattoo with the word ?stay? on the knuckles and the outline of a rose. Haffner was traced through airline, hotel and payment records, his South Dakota driver?s license, as well as the photograph, which showed Haffner standing next to two women whose heads were covered by a black rectangular redaction box, the FBI alleged.

?Sidney FRICKIN? Powell!! What an awesome experience getting to meet her and her team! #SidneyPowell #releasethekraken #TrumpTrain #sturgisrally,? Haffner?s wife commented next to a photo of three people standing in front of a campaign-style bus bearing the logos of ?Women for Trump? and the photos of President Donald Trump, conservative commentator Candace Owens and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), according to charging papers. The bus appears to be the same one that Powell was photographed with during her South Dakota trip, and the person Haffner?s wife referred to as Powell is wearing a black biking vest and bracelet similar to what the latter was photographed wearing the following day, although with a different colored shirt and pants.

Haffner was arrested in Pennington County in South Dakota and appeared in federal court Wednesday. Loehrke was arrested in Cumming, Ga., on Thursday and made an initial appearance Friday, when the case was unsealed. Court-appointed lawyers who initially represented the men did not immediately respond to requests for comment Friday evening.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/14/polit...eat/index.html
    Man who threatened to shoot Pelosi sentenced to more than two years in prison
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 06:14 PM.

Associated Press
    Toughest sentence yet for any Capitol rioter: over 5 years
    COLLEEN LONG
    Fri, December 17, 2021, 11:33 AM?5 min read
    In this article:

WASHINGTON (AP) ? A Capitol rioter who attacked police officers working to hold back the angry pro-Trump mob on Jan. 6 was sentenced Friday to more than five years behind bars, the most so far for anyone sentenced in the insurrection.

Robert Palmer, 54, of Largo, Florida, wept as he told U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan that he recently watched a video of his actions that day and could not believe what he was seeing.

?Your honor. I?m really really ashamed of what I did,? he said through tears.

Palmer was one of several rioters sentenced on Friday in District of Columbia court for their actions that day, when the angry mob descended to disrupt the certification of Joe Biden?s victory following a rally by then-President Donald Trump. Scores of police were beaten and bloodied, five people died and there was about $1.5 million in damage done to the U.S. Capitol. Palmer is the 65th defendant to be sentenced overall. More than 700 people have been charged.

A college student who posted online that ?Infamy is just as good as fame? after she climbed through a broken window at Capitol was sentenced to a month in jail for her actions. Gracyn Courtright, 23, of Hurricane, West Virginia, didn't injure anyone, though, and her sentence reflected that.

But Palmer made his way to the front line during the chaos and started to attack, throwing a wooden plank, spraying a fire extinguisher, then hurling it when it was done. He rooted around for other objects, prosecutors said. He was briefly pepper-sprayed by police before he attacked officers again with a pole. He pleaded guilty to attacking officers.

Palmer said in a handwritten letter to the judge that he felt betrayed by Trump and his allies who fed them conspiracy theories.

?Trump supporters were lied to by those at the time who had great power," he wrote. "They kept spitting out the false narrative about a stolen election and how it was ?our duty? to stand up to tyranny.?

Palmer, who has been held at the D.C. jail among fetid conditions that prompted a review by authorities, said it wasn't fair that he be punished so severely when the ringleaders aren't even behind bars.

The judge agreed ? to a point. ?It is true that the people who extorted you and encouraged you and rallied you to go and take action have not been charged,? she said. ?That is not the court?s decision. I have my opinions but they are not relevant.?

Before Palmer?s sentencing of 63 months, the longest prison term handed down for a Capitol rioter was 41 months. That was the sentence received by both Jacob Chansley, the Arizona man who wore a horned fur hat, bare chest and face paint inside the Capitol; and New Jersey gym owner Scott Fairlamb, the first person to be sentenced for assaulting a law enforcement officer during the riot.

?It has to be made clear ... trying to stop the peaceful transition of power and assaulting law enforcement officers is going to be met with certain punishment," the judge said. ?There are going to be consequences. I'm not making an example of you. I'm sentencing you for the conduct you did.?

Courtright, 23, of Hurricane, West Virginia, sobbed as she told U.S. District Court Judge Christopher Cooper that ?if I could take back anything in my life it would be my actions on Jan. 6.?

She posted photos of herself online ? like scores of other rioters ? reveling in the moment. ?Can?t wait to tell my grandkids I was here!? she wrote, and inside the Senate chamber, she was photographed holding a ?Members only? sign.

?I will never be the same girl again,? the University of Kentucky student said through tears. ?This has changed me completely.?

After the riot, she dug in on social media when she was criticized for her actions, before eventually deleting her accounts. Courtright is among the youngest of those charged in the Capitol riot so far.

Her attorney on Friday argued she had no idea what she was doing and that she wasn't a political activist ? she didn't even vote in the election she was there to protest. The judge seized on that during his remarks.

?That is your choice obviously, but in my view ? if any citizen wants to participate in our democracy, casting a vote is the price of admission," he said. ?Because when you do that, you have to study the issues and the candidates, learn what their policies are, figure out how those policies are affecting your community.?

Participating in a democracy isn?t like going to a University of Kentucky game and ?rooting for a team just because of the color of their jerseys,? the judge said. ?It?s certainly not resorting to violence when your team doesn?t win the game,? he told Courtright.

Cooper also noted that Courtright made it to the floor of the U.S. Senate at about the exact time that Ashli Babbitt, on the House, side was shot dead.

?Do you know how many people died on Jan. 6, 5. Including Ms. Babbitt?? he asked. ?Five.?

?Do you know how many Capitol police officers committed suicide after Jan. 6, harmed from the trauma of that day? Four,? the judge added. "So was it cool to have been there??

?No," she answered emphatically.

Still, the judge said the recommended six months in prison was too high and sentenced her instead to 30 days, one year of supervised release, and 60 hours of community service.

He said he hoped she could pull her life together and that she ?should not be judged by the worst mistake you have made in your life.?
    https://news.yahoo.com/college-stude...173304896.html

On cell.
    They just need to throw this woman into a dark, damp cell.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...edium=news_tab

Robert Palmer, 54, of Largo, Florida, wept as he told U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan that he recently watched a video of his actions that day and could not believe what he was seeing.

This one of those guys that probably has a blue lives matter bumper sticker and then ends up hurting them.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post

This one of those guys that probably has a blue lives matter bumper sticker and then ends up hurting them.
    When the brainwashing breaks it's spell.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...jan-6-n1287434

Oath Keeper leader, 10 others charged with 'seditious conspiracy' in Jan. 6 Capitol attack
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 06:14 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Rhodes had put out a call on the group's website in the days before the attack for "all patriots who can be in DC" to travel to Washington for a "security mission" to "stand tall in support of President Trump's fight."
    Geez.

On my cell.
    I wished he'd die already so we'd have one less idiot in America.
    Trump calls for 'biggest protest we have ever had' if prosecutors 'do anything illegal' in targeting him
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...prosecutors-do

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    On my cell.
    I wished he'd die already so we'd have one less idiot in America.
    Trump calls for 'biggest protest we have ever had' if prosecutors 'do anything illegal' in targeting him
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...prosecutors-do
    He's inciting violence again. He NEEDS TO BE DETAINED.

He's inciting violence again. He NEEDS TO BE DETAINED.
    If he was black, he'd be dead.

If he was black, he'd be dead.
    Truth.

On my cell.
    Oh God! It's about to get really bad in America.
    I guess if I want to wrap myself in the American flag and torch a government building then I'm within my rights.
    These stupid Republicans are trying to start a dangerous precedent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/u...3MRQFl1gyTs%3D

On my cell.
    Oh God! It's about to get really bad in America.
    I guess if I want to wrap myself in the American flag and torch a government building then I'm within my rights.
    These stupid Republicans are trying to start a dangerous precedent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/u...3MRQFl1gyTs%3D
    Basically, they're going to shun anyone that wants to investigate them. They don't like the checks and balances because they are not for an actual democracy. They want to dictate.

I hope this isn't confusing. I tried copying and it kept showing that you must subscribe ad. I think I might've gotten around it. I'll have to post in two parts.

G.O.P. Declares Jan. 6 Attack ?Legitimate Political Discourse?
    The Republican National Committee voted to censure Representatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for participating in the inquiry into the deadly riot at the Capitol.

WASHINGTON ? The Republican Party on Friday officially declared the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and events that led to it ?legitimate political discourse,? and rebuked two lawmakers in the party who have been most outspoken in condemning the deadly riot and the role of Donald J. Trump in spreading the election lies that fueled it.

The Republican National Committee?s voice vote to censure Representatives Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Adam Kinzinger of Illinois at its winter meeting in Salt Lake City culminated more than a year of vacillation, which started with party leaders condemning the Capitol attack and Mr. Trump?s conduct, then shifted to downplaying and denying it.

On Friday, the party went further in a resolution slamming Ms. Cheney and Mr. Kinzinger for taking part in the House investigation of the assault, saying they were participating in ?persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse.?

After the vote, party leaders rushed to clarify that language, saying it was never meant to apply to rioters who violently stormed the Capitol in Mr. Trump?s name.

?Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger crossed a line,? Ronna McDaniel, the Republican National Committee chairwoman, said in a statement. ?They chose to join Nancy Pelosi in a Democrat-led persecution of ordinary citizens who engaged in legitimate political discourse that had nothing to do with violence at the Capitol.?

But the censure, which was carefully negotiated in private among party members, made no such distinction, nor is the House committee investigating the attack examining any normal political debate. It was the latest and most forceful effort by the Republican Party to minimize what happened and the broader attempt by Mr. Trump and his allies to invalidate the results of the 2020 election. In approving it and opting to punish two of its own, Republicans seemed to embrace a position that many of them have only hinted at: that the assault and the actions that preceded it were acceptable.

It came days after Mr. Trump suggested that, if re-elected in 2024, he would consider pardons for those convicted in the Jan. 6 attack and for the first time described his goal that day as subverting the election results, saying in a statement that Vice President Mike Pence ?could have overturned the election.?

On Friday, Mr. Pence pushed back on Mr. Trump, calling his assertion ?wrong.?

?I had no right to overturn the election,? Mr. Pence told the Federalist Society, a conservative legal organization, at a gathering in Florida.

The day?s events, which were supposed to be about unity, only served to highlight Republicans? persistent division over Mr. Trump?s attempt to overturn the 2020 election, as their leaders try to move forward and focus attention on what they call the failings of the Biden administration. More than a year later, the party is still wrestling with how much criticism and dissent it will tolerate.

?Shame falls on a party that would censure persons of conscience, who seek truth in the face of vitriol,? Senator Mitt Romney, Republican of Utah, wrote on Twitter ?Honor attaches to Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for seeking truth even when doing so comes at great personal cost.?

He did not mention that the party chairwoman who presided over the meeting and orchestrated the censure resolution, Ms. McDaniel, is his niece.

The censure was also condemned by Senator Bill Cassidy, Republican of Louisiana, who, like Mr. Romney, voted to remove Mr. Trump from office for inciting insurrection on Jan. 6, and Gov. Larry Hogan of Maryland, also a Republican, who called Friday ?a sad day for my party ? and the country.?

Republican National Committee members defended the measure, describing people who have been questioned by the Jan. 6 committee as victims in a broader Democratic effort to keep focus on the attack at the Capitol.

?The nominal Republicans on the committee provide a pastiche of bipartisanship, but no genuine protection or due process for the ordinary people who did not riot being targeted and terrorized by the committee,? said Richard Porter, a Republican National Committee member from Illinois. ?The investigation is a de facto Democrat-only investigation increasingly unmoored from congressional norms.?

The Jan. 6 committee, which has seven Democratic members, has interviewed more than 475 witnesses, the vast majority of whom either volunteered to testify or agreed to without a subpoena. It has no prosecutorial powers, and is charged with drawing up a report and producing recommendations to prevent anything similar from happening again.

The party?s far-right flank has long agitated to boot Ms. Cheney and Mr. Kinzinger out of the House Republican Conference for agreeing to serve on the panel, a push that Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the minority leader, has tried to brush aside. And the formal censure, approved by the state party chairs and committee members who make up the Republican National Committee, is sure to stir up those efforts again.

The Republican Party declared the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and events that led to it as ?legitimate political discourse.?
    The Republican Party declared the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and events that led to it as ?legitimate political discourse.?Credit...Jason Andrew for The New York Times
    ?We need to move on from that whole discussion and, frankly, move forward and get the House back in 2022,? said Representative Mike Garcia, a California Republican facing a difficult re-election campaign in a newly configured district.

Most House Republicans tried to ignore the actions of the party on Friday, refusing to answer questions or saying they had not read the censure resolution. Representative Dan Crenshaw, Republican of Texas, called it ?dumb stuff,? while Representative Mark Green, Republican of Tennessee, lamented the distraction from ?this abysmal administration?s record.?

Democrats, however, were incensed at the resolution?s language.

?The Republican Party is so off the deep end now that they are describing an attempted coup and a deadly insurrection as political expression,? said Representative Jamie Raskin, Democrat of Maryland and a member of the special House committee investigating the Capitol attack. ?It is a scandal that historians will be aghast at, to think that a major political party would be denouncing Liz Cheney for standing up for the Constitution and not saying anything about Donald Trump?s involvement in the insurrection.?

In his own defense, Mr. Kinzinger said: ?I have no regrets about my decision to uphold my oath of office and defend the Constitution. I will continue to focus my efforts on standing for truth and working to fight the political matrix that?s led us to where we find ourselves today.?

The resolution spoke repeatedly of party unity as the goal of censuring the lawmakers, saying that Republicans? ability to focus on the Biden administration was being ?sabotaged? by the ?actions and words? of Ms. Cheney and Mr. Kinzinger, which indicate ?they support Democrat efforts to destroy President Trump more than they support winning back a Republican majority in 2022.?

Normally, the party stays out of primary fights, but the resolution will make it easier for the Republican apparatus to abandon Ms. Cheney and throw its weight and money behind her main G.O.P. challenger, Harriet Hageman.

It declares that the party ?shall immediately cease any and all support of? both lawmakers ?as members of the Republican Party for their behavior, which has been destructive to the institution of the U.S. House of Representatives, the Republican Party and our republic, and is inconsistent with the position of the conference.?

Mr. Kinzinger has already announced he will not seek re-election, as have some other House Republicans who voted to impeach Mr. Trump for inciting the attack on the Capitol. Ms. Cheney, however, has vowed to stand for re-election.

The posting of this article kept giving me trouble.
    Representative Adam Kinzinger has announced that he will not seek re-election, as have some other House Republicans who voted to impeach Mr. Trump.
    Representative Adam Kinzinger has announced that he will not seek re-election, as have some other House Republicans who voted to impeach Mr. Trump.Credit...Stefani Reynolds for The New York Times
    Earlier this week, the Wyoming delegation to the Republican National Committee submitted a so-called “Rule 11” letter, formalizing party support for Ms. Hageman. The existence of the letter was reported by The Washington Post.

The letter allows the Republican National Committee to send resources to the Wyoming branch of the party to spend on Ms. Hageman’s behalf — essentially designating her as the party’s presumptive nominee. The designations are common in Republican politics, but typically are used to support incumbents who may be facing token primary challengers.

Ms. Cheney, who faces an uphill battle in her re-election bid against a Republican Party aligned with Mr. Trump, said party leaders “have made themselves willing hostages” to Mr. Trump.

“I do not recognize those in my party who have abandoned the Constitution to embrace Donald Trump,” she said. “History will be their judge. I will never stop fighting for our constitutional republic. No matter what.”

Ms. Cheney has a commanding financial advantage over Ms. Hageman, according to federal campaign finance reports released this week. Ms. Cheney entered 2022 with nearly $5 million in campaign cash, while Ms. Hageman reported just $380,000.

The censure resolution was watered down from an initial version that called directly for the House Republican Conference to “expel” Ms. Cheney and Mr. Kinzinger “without delay.” That demand was dropped. However, the language condemning the attack on “legitimate political discourse” was then added.

William J. Palatucci, a Republican National Committee member from New Jersey who said he opposed the resolution, said those changes were made “behind closed doors.” The final language was officially circulated to committee members early Friday morning. He called it “cancel culture at its worst.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/oath...ry?id=83212947

Oath Keeper is 1st to plead guilty to seditious conspiracy for Jan. 6 attack
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I can't rep you, so thank you CC!
    You're welcome!

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-...ce=mostpopular

Am I the only one who thinks maybe she should lose custody of her kid?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-...ce=mostpopular

Am I the only one who thinks maybe she should lose custody of her kid?
    She should lose her kid and she should serve her sentence all at once. She cheered on people being beaten and filmed it. She's a piece of shit.

Thread Information