Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Suspected participants in the Capitol Insurrection Terrorism-January 6, 2021

For the second time this week, a Minnesotan has been arrested in connection with the Jan. 6 storming of the U.S. Capitol.

FBI special agents arrested Jonah Westbury, 26, of Lindstrom, on Friday. According to the statement of facts linked to his arrest, the FBI received tips from two separate people within days of the riot in Washington, D.C.

The day after the attack, one person who said they went to high school with the suspect told the FBI they had seen him inside the Capitol in videos posted to social media, first on TikTok. The source said they also came across a video on Twitter that had originally been posted to Snapchat in which Westbury narrated his foray into the Capitol.

On or around Jan. 9, another tipster named someone other than Westbury in a video that had been posted to Reddit, but after further investigation, it was determined that the person the tipster identified was, in fact, Westbury because his attire matched what he was wearing in the videos uploaded to Snapchat.

The FBI was able to collect several videos from a Snapchat account belonging to Westbury that depict him inside the Capitol. The videos show the entryway of what appears to be the Capitol and later entering the building with a crowd of people.

In one video, Westbury says, "We made it. This is our house. We got pepper-sprayed, got abused?" In another, he is seen panning in a circle while saying, "First time in the Capitol. First time in the Capitol? I'm proud of every f***ing
    one of you."

He faces four federal charges: two separate counts of disorderly and disruptive conduct; one count of entering and remaining in a restricted building and grounds; and one count of parading, demonstrating or picketing in the Capitol building.

Westbury's charges were announced the day after those of another Minnesotan, 39-year-old Victoria White of Rochester. She faces six separate charges for her involvement in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol.

https://kstp.com/news/26-year-old-mi...ttack/6069768/
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I love how these morons basically did the FBI's job for them by taking their own surveillance and securing it on public platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I love how these morons basically did the FBI's job for them by taking their own surveillance and securing it on public platforms.
    Yes. It's fascinating. Their grandparents had the good sense to wear hoods when they went night riding. But not these bozos.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

On Thursday, FBI agents arrested a 66-year-old Nampa man who the Department of Justice says fought with two police officers and tried to steal riot shields from others during the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Department of Justice on Thursday unsealed a complaint against Duke Edward Wilson of Nampa for his role in the Capitol riot, releasing details on how he assaulted multiple police officers who were defending the capitol building.

The 66-year-old was charged with entering and remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority; assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers or employees; parading, demonstrating or picketing a Capitol building; obstruction of an official proceeding; and obstruction of law enforcement during a civil disorder.

In their statement, the DOJ states that court documents allege that Wilson entered the Lower West Terrace tunnel of the Capitol just before 3 p.m. and was part of the group of rioters who pushed through law enforcement officers.

Wilson was seen on body camera footage, surveillance footage and videos on YouTube assaulting an officer from the Capitol Police and another with the Metropolitan Police Department, according to court documents.

In the video, Wilson is seen taking a long PVC pipe and jabbing it at officers after he tried to force his way through a doorway at the Capitol. He then threw the pipe at the police.

According to court documents cited by the U.S. Attorney's Office, Wilson lingered in the tunnel to the capitol for about 14 minutes and was seen on video, appearing to help other rioters steal riot shields from law enforcement agents and push them to the ground.

In the probable cause affidavit obtained by KTVB, Wilson wore a blue hat that said "CNN" and "FAKE NEWS" under it when he was in the tunnel and had a tablet device that he used to block a spray.

On Jan. 27, FBI agents spoke with one of Wilson's neighbors, who identified him in one of the photos from a video that he was seen in, according to the PCA. When asked where Wilson was on Jan. 6, the neighbor told the agents that Wilson was at the U.S. Capitol to attend a rally.

Wilson is now the fourth Idahoan to be arrested in connection to the pro-Trump riot on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

The FBI's Salt Lake City Field Office arrested Wilson on Thursday.
    https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/cr...f-d11a4750f410

Thread Information