Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspected participants in the Capitol Insurrection Terrorism-January 6, 2021

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Suspected participants in the Capitol Insurrection Terrorism-January 6, 2021

This website lists some of those that have been arrested.
    https://www.uscp.gov/media-center/press-releases
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I'm not a Pence fan, but I'd rather see him at the helm until the inauguration.
    Mark my words, Trump?s going to try to do something on the 20th to take attention away from Biden. Trump hates not being in the spotlight.
    They're planning a "Million Militia March" on the 19th where they plan to being armed and will be looking to the police to help them. This is on Parler. I have a screenshot, but it likely won't work for me. I'll try to edit and add it in.

ETA: More about it here:

https://wimkin.com/mmm
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 01-08-2021 at 11:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/polit...iot/index.html

West Virginia GOP state lawmaker who stormed US Capitol faces criminal charge

Let's play along and pretend his 'not knowing' is true, which we all know it isn't. If he is that stupid, then he has no business being a Representative. They all want to be big, bad asses and brag about doing it, but then they want to cry and whine and blame everyone else when there are repercussions.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 05:58 PM.

https://variety.com/2021/digital/new...ck-1234881225/

Brad Rukstales, the chief executive of a Chicago-area company that provides data-marketing solutions, said he was arrested Wednesday after he entered the U.S. Capitol alongside a mob of pro-Trump rioters seeking to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

His company, Cogensia, said in a statement that Rukstales has been placed on leave while it considers next steps. The violent attack on the U.S. Capitol left at least five people dead, including a U.S. Capitol police officer, and has prompted calls for President Trump to resign, be removed via the 25th Amendment or be impeached and removed from office by Congress.

“Our CEO, Brad Rukstales, participated in the recent Washington DC protests,” the Schaumburg, Ill.-based company said in a statement Thursday. “Those actions were his own and [and he was] not acting on behalf [of] Cogensia nor do his actions in any way reflect the policies or values of our firm. He has been placed on leave of absence while we assess further.”

Rukstales, in his own statement posted on Twitter, apologized for what he called “the single worst personal decision of my life.”

“In a moment of extremely poor judgment following the Jan. 6 rally in Washington, I followed hundreds of others through an open set of doors to the Capitol building to see what was taking place inside,” Rukstales wrote. “I was arrested for the first time in my life and charged with unlawful entry.”

He continued, “My decision to enter the Capitol was wrong, and I am deeply regretful to have done so,” adding that he “condemn[ed] the violence and destruction that took place in Washington.”

Cogensia, founded in 2002, specializes in providing data-driven marketing services to the restaurant and highway toll-collection industries. “We partner with clients to drive lasting customer relationships and incremental brand revenue through integrated systems, online and offline CRM, real-time predictive modeling, and data management,” the company says on its website.

In a Dec. 23, 2020, year-end blog post to Cogensia customers, Rukstales wrote in part that “information overload can be a problem! We are told to trust the experts. The professionals and doctors not only have conflicting information, but often change their advice. Mask. No Mask. Mask indoors. Cases are important. No, it’s hospitalizations. What age ranges are contagious? Close schools! Vaccines are coming! They work. They don’t work — it’s a conspiracy. AGHHH. In general, it seems that the more information that is provided, the more difficult it is to consume, interpret, and action. We end up having to trust ourselves on topics that we are not experts on!”

According to a cached version of Rukstales’ now-deleted bio on the Cogensia website, he claimed to have 28 years of experience in the industry. Under the heading “What I Do For Fun,” Rukstales wrote, “I play keyboards for a 90’s alternative cover band, Jahli Llama.”

Want to read more articles like this one?

https://www.khon2.com/local-news/lea...o-u-s-capitol/

Nick Ochs the leader of Proud Boys Hawaii arrested after being accused of rioting at the Capitol

HONOLULU (KHON2) — “Proud Boys” Hawaii chapter founder Nicholas Ochs is in federal custody under indictment related to the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, Jan. 6. The FBI tells KHON2 that Ochs was arrested at the airport by FBI agents without incident on Thursday, Jan. 7.

According to an indictment unsealed today in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., the offense is listed as 18 U.S.C. Section 1752 (a), “Unlawful Entry into Restricted Buildings or Grounds” according to the FBI.

More than 90 people have been arrested since the backers of President Trump stormed the Capitol, overwhelming police and getting inside the building. Ochs was among the throngs of people who flooded the Capitol, according to his own Twitter photo where he posted “Hello from the capitol lol.”

In a criminal complaint and warrant for Ochs’ arrest, a federal agent cited the Twitter post, other images of Ochs seen on national television, and Ochs’ own interview with CNN talking about being in the Capitol.

Ochs founded the Hawaii chapter of Proud Boys, which the FBI says has been “calling for action over false claims that President Trump lost the election due to widespread voter fraud.”

“They clearly need to go after the high-profile cases, so the people that got their faces all over the internet, they’re the first ones to go down,” said political analyst John Hart of Hawaii Pacific University. “Who would ever guess that Hawaii would be involved in the coverage of a far-right insurrection?”

The federal agent wrote in his affidavit that he positively identified Ochs by matching social media images to Ochs’ 2020 Hawaii Republican Party candidate photo from when Ochs ran for state House District 22. Ochs lost that election.

“I think the Hawaii Republican Party, like many state Republican parties, are going to have to make a decision relatively soon, whether or not they’re still ‘Trumplicans,’ whether or not they’re still ‘Donald Trump’s Republican Party,’ as his son refers to it,” Hart said.

The Hawaii Republican Party did not yet respond to questions about Ochs’ arrest and party affiliation, but the party chairwoman Shirlene Ostrov told KHON2 this on the day of the riot: “There’s more that unites us than divides us. We ask for everyone to be safe and to remember that we’re all Americans first and to make sure that they treat each other with respect even while we can maintain our differences.”

KHON2 has not received responses to phone and email messages requesting comment from Ochs or an attorney on his behalf. The affidavit in the criminal complaint quotes Ochs as telling CNN: “We didn’t have to break in, I just walked in and filmed” and that he was “working as a ‘professional journalist.’”

Ochs’ alleged offense on the criminal complaint is “unlawful entry into restricted buildings or grounds.” Punishment can result in a year in prison but rises to a maximum of 10 years if injuries or weapons are involved.

Ochs’ first court hearing is set for Monday, Jan. 11, in Honolulu, and a federal filing asks for Ochs to be ordered to make an initial appearance in the Washington, D.C. federal district court in two to three weeks. The motion says “the government does not intend to ask for defendant Ochs to be detained.”

https://www.rawstory.com/proud-boys-2649805956/

Arrested Proud Boys leader has history of business failure and apparently lives with his mom
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 06:00 PM.

https://abc7news.com/ca-proud-boy-gi...-riot/9481512/

WASHINTON D.C. (KGO) -- The FBI has been making arrests and trying to identify others who rioted at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday.

New evidence is surfacing Friday, from a firsthand account from a California member of the Proud Boys who was there.

This member of the Central Valley Proud Boys gave the I-Team's Dan Noyes permission to show his video, but it could become a problem for the group. It confirms that a national leader of the Proud Boys was there, leading dozens of members as they rushed the building.

We first met Eddie Block covering Trump rallies and counter-protests in Sacramento. He has difficulty walking so he live-streams events from his scooter; but make no mistake. He's a full-fledged Proud Boy, earning his fourth degree of initiation into the group for a fight with anti-fascists last November.

Block said, "I don't know if I hurt the guy or not because I'm crippled, but I got my punches in."

Block flew to the nation's Capitol to attend the Trump rally Wednesday, met a large contingent of Proud Boys from across the country, and drove his scooter along with them to the Capitol building.

They chanted, "USA, USA, USA."

Some in the crowd clearly prepared for battle, one in a helmet and protective vest holding a baseball bat. Block identified the Proud Boys national leadership, who were directing the group. Joe Biggs is the group's lead coordinator.

Their numbers swell as they approach the building. The Capitol complex stairs were a challenge for Block's scooter, but the Proud Boys lifted it down. Ahead of Block, pandemonium breaks out.

Block explains, "And all of a sudden, people just started rushing by me and rushing in there. And this one guy comes running down, these tears, mace running down his face. And he's like, 'Come on you mother f***s , there's more of us than them. Let's go back up there.' Flash bombs going off. Rubber pellets were flying everywhere. Tear gas was everywhere."

You can see on Block's video how rioters climbed the Capitol's scaffolding. Several Proud Boys lifted his scooter up more stairs to give him a perch on the second balcony from the top.

Block said he wanted to be the last person remaining on the balcony, "Because I know if the cops rush, they're not exactly going to be able to force me to get down."

He was able to live-stream from there, as the chaos inside turned deadly. As the sun went down, police regained control. Block said, "The cops just stormed, took everybody off, but I'm still up here."

Block was the last of the mob on the balcony, and an officer finally ordered him to leave. Police did not arrest him, but offered to help him down three stairs. He declined and took a tumble. Finally, riding off into the night, back to his hotel.

Block is now back home; he says he expects more protests on Inauguration Day. We'll see whether the FBI's crack down on those who rioted will have an impact.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/08/nyc-ma...e-since-siege/

The New York City man who joined a mob that breached the US Capitol was seen leaving his home Friday for the first time since he was revealed to be the son of a prominent Brooklyn judge.

Aaron Mostofsky — who sported a wacky fur costume inside the breached building as he griped about a “stolen election” — was caught on camera leaving his home while carrying a suit on a hanger and a plastic bag.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/09/air-fo...with-zip-ties/

Air Force vet identified as rioter with zip ties during Capitol siege

A rioter filmed wearing military gear and carrying zip-tie handcuffs on the Senate floor has been identified as a retired Air Force lieutenant colonel.

Larry Rendall Brock, Jr., an Air Force Academy graduate and combat veteran from Texas, was seen in photos and videos roaming around the Capitol and even breaking into House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office suite along with other pro-Trump demonstrators, the New Yorker reported Friday.

These military guys should be stripped of their pensions. If you're a traitor to our nation, then we shouldn't be paying you a pension.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 07:43 PM.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/polit...iot/index.html

West Virginia GOP state lawmaker who allegedly stormed US Capitol has resigned

Derrick Evans, the West Virginia state lawmaker who was allegedly among the rioters who stormed the US Capitol on Wednesday, resigned Saturday.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/polit...sts/index.html

DOJ announces charges against man carrying Pelosi's podium and others in US Capitol riot

Adam Johnson, 36, of Florida was arrested in the state Friday and booked into the Pinellas County Jail just days after he was allegedly caught on camera carrying the House speaker's lectern, according to the release. He has been charged with one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority; one count of theft of government property; and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

Jacob Anthony Chansley, who allegedly was the man seen in photos dressed in horns, bearskin headdress and face paint, was taken into custody Saturday, according to the release. The Arizona man has been charged with knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, and with violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 07:42 PM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ling-sick.html

A transportation worker from New York who called out sick in order to take part in the mob that stormed the Capitol in Washington D.C. on Wednesday has been suspended from his job with MTA Metro-North.

Will Pepe who worked at Metro-North's Brewster rail yard in upstate New York is now being investigated by the FBI who are looking into what role he played during the rally.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 07:41 PM.

So the guy with the flex cuffs is a pilot. He flew for a private airline out of Fort Worth that flew a 737. He has reportedly been fired, and the rumor in pilot circles is that he is going to be recalled to active duty in the military, so that he can then be court marshalled and they can take away his pension. That's a start.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 07:41 PM.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

Man With Assault Rifle Charged With Threatening Pelosi, Officials Say

A man who had an assault rifle was charged with threatening Nancy Pelosi, the House speaker, after he traveled to Washington for the pro-Trump rally on Wednesday and sent a text message saying he would put “a bullet in her noggin on Live TV,” the federal authorities said.

Federal agents said the man, Cleveland Grover Meredith Jr., had been staying at a Holiday Inn in Washington and had weapons in his camper-style trailer, including a Glock handgun, a pistol, a Tavor X95 assault rifle and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 07:39 PM.

"Mommy, help me get over this railing while I hold my zip ties, so that I can murder members of Congress and the VP." Not only did his mommy go to the riot, but I think this article is saying that is her standing next to him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ay/ar-BB1cDDYa

A Tennessee man was arrested Sunday after photos from the deadly Capitol riot show him outfitted for mayhem — and reportedly accompanied by his mother.

Prosecutors say photos from the Wednesday riot show a person who appears to be Munchel carrying plastic zip ties, an item in a holster on his right hip, and a cell phone mounted on his chest with the camera facing outward, ostensibly to record events that day.

Eric Gavelek Munchel, 30, was charged with one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

British news outlets reported he also had his bulletproof vest-wearing mom at his side.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 07:38 PM.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...q5y-story.html

A Chicago man was arrested Wednesday on federal charges alleging he participated in last week’s mob attack on the U.S. Capitol, posting a photo of the plaque outside House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s ransacked office.

Kevin Lyons, 40, of the Gladstone Park neighborhood on the Northwest Side, was charged in a criminal complaint in Washington with misdemeanor counts of knowingly entering a restricted building without lawful authority, and violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds. Authorities said he also took phone videos while in the building.

So now you get to tell your children that you're a terrorist.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ju...out&li=BBnb7Kz

Justice Department launches webpage tracking individuals charged in Capitol riot

arrest tracking page:https://www.justice.gov/opa/investig...olence-capitol
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 07:22 PM.

This would be woefully incomplete without:

Members of the pro-Trump mob that staged an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol last week intended "to capture and assassinate elected officials," federal prosecutors say, in a new court filing against Jacob Chansley, also known as the "QAnon Shaman."

Chansley wore horns, face paint and fur as he stood on the Senate dais ? where he left a threatening note for Vice President Mike Pence, prosecutors say.

"It's only a matter of time, justice is coming," the hand-written note to Pence read, according to the court document. The note was left at the spot where, moments earlier, Pence had been poised to preside over a joint session to certify President-elect Joe Biden's victory over President Trump. Chansley told the FBI that he believes Pence is a "child-trafficking traitor."
    https://www.npr.org/sections/insurre...m_campaign=npr

Much more at link.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/na...tter_RCJournal

A Utah activist who filmed the fatal shooting of a California Trump supporter during the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol last week was arrested Thursday, according to authorities.

John Sullivan, 26, a self-described journalist and liberal activist, released footage to the FBI that showed him entering the Capitol on Jan. 6 and roaming the building, according to arrest documents. He was charged with civil disorder, violent entry or disorderly conduct and entering a restricted building or grounds.
    Capitol Riot

Supporters of President Donald Trump gather outside the U.S. Capitol in Washington during last week's insurrection.
    AP Photo/Shafkat Anowar

Sullivan's footage also included video of when Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt, of San Diego, was shot by Capitol Police outside the Speaker's Lobby, according to court documents.

In one video, Sullivan can be heard cheering on the crowd as they broke through the final barricade before the Capitol and saying "We did this together... We are all a part of history."
    more at link

https://thepatr10t.github.io/yall-Qaeda/

A collection of videos posted to parler at the capital last week before parler was taken offline.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://mpdc.dc.gov/release/suspect-...states-capitol

Suspect Sought in an Assault on a Police Officer Offense During the Insurrection at the United States Capitol
    No shade towards that asshole but I thought it was a girl. That footage was so disturbing to me. I spent a little bit trying to find them in other footage to get a better shot of them for identification purposes.

Man! I wished I knew some Trump supporters. All my friends are smart.
    My husband has some Trump supporting friends, but he said his friends are too poor to get to the Capitol to riot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Man! I wished I knew some Trump supporters. All my friends are smart.
    My husband has some Trump supporting friends, but he said his friends are too poor to get to the Capitol to riot.
    Yeah. This was an upper 10% riot. The folks that are out of work cause their jobs went with the "flu", the gig workers, the burger slingers? They can't afford the trip, or can't get the time off. The people I know of who were there were this right winger who got fired from his news anchor job cause he was pushing this poison, he's doing real estate or financial planning now. People like that, Self employed business folks who planned to write the trip off as a business expense, or retired military who took time away from playing soldier in a militia.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-la...cnn-interview/

CNN’s Chris Cuomo conducted a truly bizarre interview with the attorney for the “QAnon Shaman” arrested for his alleged participation in the Capitol riots. The surreal conversation included a terribly glitchy audio feed, awkward webcam angles, comparisons between President Donald Trump and mass suicide cult leader Jim Jones, and an open plea for a presidential pardon for his client.

The interview with attorney Al Watkins was split into two segments because Watkin’s audio feed kept cutting out, and Cuomo eventually gave up and spoke to him by phone.

“Jacob Chansely wants a pardon from Trump,” Cuomo said to introduce the segment, showing scenes from the riots with Chansely, also known as Jake Angeli, with his now-infamous furry horned hat, red-white-and-blue face paint, and shirtless torso covered in tattoos.

“He calls himself the QAnon Shaman,” Cuomo continued. “I don’t know what that means and I don’t care.”

He then brought on Watkins and asked him, “Just to be clear, your client believes that he was invited to go, he was told to go, he was instructed to go by the commander-in-chief himself, Donald Trump. Is that accurate?”

“It’s very accurate to say that not only my client, but a large number of individuals, who were present felt like they were on a mission to be able to have their voices —” Watkins said before his audio began dropping off.

“Hold on, hold on a second, Al,” interjected Cuomo. “I’m not hearing you well. When you turn your head to the right I hear you. Turn your head to the right and talk for a second.”

That didn’t work, and Cuomo asked Watkins where his microphone was. Then, in an absurd attempt at real-time technical diagnosis, Watkins began moving the laptop up and down and around in an attempt to improve the sound, all to no avail.

Cuomo eventually gave up and went to commercial break, and then brought Watkins back on by telephone.

“The QAnon Shaman, that’s what he calls himself, he’s the fool with the painted face and the weird horns on his head, he’s one of the people who decided to break into the Capitol, his attorney is on the phone with me now,” said Cuomo after the break. “Al, you can hear me, yes?”

“Yes, I can,” replied Watkins, his previous audio malfunctions now resolved. “I want to tell you it’s really important we should stop calling people fools because we have a large percentage of our population who spent a great deal of time in their lives hanging on every word of President Trump.”

Watkins argued that his client did not actually “break into” the Capitol, but walked in doors held open by Capitol Police, he “did not shroud his face in secrecy,” wasn’t wearing a bulletproof vest, was “not armed,” “didn’t have zip ties,” was a military veteran with “no criminal background whatsoever.”

Watkins described Chansely as someone who “like a lot of other disenfranchised people in our country felt very, very, very solidly in sync with President Trump.”

“He felt like his voice was for the first time being heard,” Watkins continued. “He loved Trump, every word. He listened to him. He felt like he was answering the call of our president. My client wasn’t violent. He didn’t cross over any police lines. He didn’t assault anyone. He was there at the invitation of our president.”

Cuomo pushed back on a few of Watkins’ points, saying he had only called him a “fool” because of his unusual attire and his belief in the QAnon conspiracy cult: “It’s not rational thought.”

Watkins retorted that Chansely “is a genuine shaman” and a “long-standing professor of that faith.”

Regarding Watkins’ claims his client was unarmed, Cuomo pointed out “he was walking around with a six-foot spear!” as video and photos from the riots were shown on the split screen with Chansely carrying a very large — and very sharp — metal spear, sometimes with signs attached to it and sometimes with an American flag.

Watkins then spoke at length about how Trump’s words had “meant something” to his client and many other people and now they were getting arrested, and then began openly calling for Trump to pardon Chansely, describing his client as “not a violent man…[h]e practices yoga, meditates all day long, couldn’t be a more gentle, soft-spoken human being.”

“Trump needs to stand up and own these people,” Watkins argued, those who went to the Capitol who “weren’t going to be violent…he owes them — he has an obligation to them.”

Watkins was pessimistic about his chances of securing a presidential pardon, however, and admitted he just figured it was worth a shot, making a bizarre comment that perhaps Trump would think favorably about his client — “what’s the name of the guy with the horns?” — and decide he would rather be “represented by the shaman instead of Rudy Giuliani.”

“Al, this is serious stuff we’re dealing with,” Cuomo scolded. “Your client is a little bit of a joke and asking for a pardon makes everything razor-focused how absurd this situation is.”

“Now that’s the point now, isn’t it?” Watkins replied.

“I don’t know what the point is anymore, to be honest,” a somewhat befuddled Cuomo said. “Why does he believe what the president tells him? There has been no proof of any election fraud. The same reason he believes QAnon because he’s not thinking about what he believes.”

“In 1978 a whole bunch of people in San Francisco followed a guy by the name of Jim Jones down to Jonestown, Guyana –” Watkins began, referring to the cult leader who orchestrated the murder-suicide of over 900 people using cyanide-laced fruit drink mix.

“It was a cult!” Cuomo interjected.

“That’s right. And you know the only thing different here, there’s no Kool-Aid,” said Watkins.

The interview continued for a few more minutes and after Watkins was off the line, Cuomo looked in the camera and asked his audience, “How bizarre was that?”

Watch the video clips above, via CNN.

https://abc13.com/houston-protest-in...-plan/9655587/

Former Houston Police Officer Tam Pham has resigned, a day after being publicly identified as having been at the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riots.

Tam Pham, 48, worked for HPD for 18 years and was assigned to Westside Patrol.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...s-15870431.php

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 07:28 PM.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a...l-during-riot/

A Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department deputy has admitted to being at the U.S. Capitol during the violent insurrection last week, Sheriff Alex Villanueva announced Thursday.

The sheriff gave no details about the deputy during a Facebook Live or in a statement released after, but indicated that he had contacted the FBI to inform investigators.

“I am very concerned one of my deputies may have been involved in wrongdoing at the U.S. Capitol,” Villanueva said in the statement. “We have initiated an administrative inquiry into the matter.”

He asked anyone with additional information to call the Sheriff’s Department.

The deputy “identified themselves as being there,” and was off duty at the time, the sheriff said.

It is unclear if he or she engaged in any violence.

The announcement comes a day after Villanueva released a video saying he condemned unrest at the Capitol and that the public safety of residents is his priority.

“I unequivocally condemn the violence that occurred in D.C. with the same resolve I condemned the rioting and looting after the killing of George Floyd,” Villanueva said in the video message.

“We encourage everyone to exercise their First Amendment rights … but it has to be in a matter that does not harm our communities.”

A Los Angeles Police Department officer this week also admitted he attended the pro-Trump rally and was ordered to talk to the FBI about it, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Similarly, agencies across the country have been learning that members partook in the Jan. 6 riot that eventually turned deadly.

Two Capitol police officers were suspended after their actions during the insurrection, and the U.S. Army is investigating an officer who allegedly led a group to D.C. for the rally.

More than 100 people have been arrested as a result, and the FBI continues to scour social media to track others involved in the unrest.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/3-b...-capitol-riot/

Three Beverly Hills residents are facing federal charges in Washington, D.C. in connection with the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, officials said.

Gina Bisignano, 52, John Strand, 37, and Simone Gold, 55 are expected to appear in federal court in downtown Los Angeles Tuesday, according to the FBI.

Bisignano, owner of Gina’s Eyelashes and Skincare in Beverly Hills, was arrested Tuesday, while Strand and Gold were taken into custody Monday.

The U.S. Department of Justice on Tuesday shared stills of the three defendants obtained from video reviewed by investigators. The photos show the individuals both outside and inside the Capitol.

The FBI began receiving tips about Bisignano’s involvement on Jan. 10 and reviewed her social media accounts in which she said she would be attending the rally at the Capitol, officials said.

They say she was identified in videos because she uses her first and last name, her city of residence and was seen wearing an “identifiable Louis Vuitton sweater throughout the riot.”

In video reviewed by the FBI, Bisignano allegedly uses a megaphone to yell “Everybody, we need gas masks … we need weapons … we need strong, angry patriots to help our boys. They don’t want to leave. We need protection.” Officials allege she is yelling as other rioters are “physically assaulting police officers preventing entry into the Capitol.”

She allegedly entered the Capitol twice and encouraged others to enter.

“We need Americans. Come on guys. We need patriots! You guys, it’s the way in. We need some people, we need some people,” she is heard yelling in one video reviewed by officials.

The FBI also reviewed an article published in the Beverly Hills Courier on Jan. 14 in which Bisignano recalled her experiences at the Capitol.

She described the scene as a “war zone,” and said she was near a man who broke windows in the Capitol.

McConnell: Capitol rioters were ‘fed lies’ and ‘provoked by the president’
    FBI searched Huntington Beach home of far-right extremist who previously claimed to have attended the Capitol riot
    Capitol riot: FBI investigates tip that woman took laptop from Pelosi’s office with intent to sell to Russia
    Bisignano told the newspaper she was unarmed and described her role in the riot as a passive one, but she ended up being pepper sprayed and experienced a panic attack.

“I couldn’t breathe. I was having a panic attack. I needed air. Every time I opened my eyes, they were burning. My mouth was burning. Everything was burning, and I couldn’t breathe,” Bisignano said in the interview.

Upon returning to California, Bisignano said people began commenting on her business’s Yelp page with photos of her at the Capitol.

“Having watched Gina at the 01/06/21 riot, I do not feel safe coming here again,” one review read.

Bisignano decided to contact the FBI herself.

“My life is over, I’m going to jail,” she told the Courier. “I’m going to lose my son.”

In a separate affidavit, an unidentified FBI agent said that on Jan. 7 they began receiving photos and videos of Strand and Gold inside the Capitol.

Strand tweeted a photo of himself outside the Capitol with the caption “I am incredibly proud to be a patriot today, to stand up tall in defense of liberty & the Constitution, to support Trump & #MAGAforever, & to send the message: WE ARE NEVER CONCEDING A STOLEN ELECTION,” the affidavit alleges.

Additionally, Strand and Gold were seen inside the Capitol in news footage of the insurrection, and Gold was interviewed by The Washington Post.

The newspaper featured a photo of Gold taken by Strand appearing to show her giving a speech inside the Capitol.

The three defendants face a number of federal charges including aiding and abetting the willful injury or depredation of U.S. property and obstruct, influence or impede an official proceeding and disorderly conduct on U.S. Capitol grounds, officials said.

Thread Information