Thread: Man's body surrounded by cash found in Houston Cementary

Man's body surrounded by cash found in Houston Cementary

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Employees at a northeast Houston cemetery discovered a man's body, surrounded by money, near the driveway of the site Tuesday morning, the Houston Police Department said.

Police were called around 6 a.m. to Golden Gate Cemetery at 8400 Hirsch Road after workers, who were preparing a grave for burial, noticed his body, officials told ABC13.

A vehicle was parked near the man, but it wasn't immediately clear if it belonged to him.

However, a large amount of money of multiple denominations was found at the scene.

"Best I could see, a few hundred dollars on the ground," said HPD Homicide's Brian Evans, who added the man had no apparent puncture or bullet wounds. He also said the man was clothed, but his pants were next to him on the ground.

Investigators say there is a possibility the man was beaten because of swelling around his face, but his injuries didn't appear to be severe enough to have killed him.

The medical examiner also couldn't explain an immediate cause of death, Evans said.

"This area is known to be frequented by prostitutes, and individuals are known to bring prostitutes to this area. But we don't know if that may have played a factor in his death," Evans said.

If anyone has information, they are asked to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

https://abc13.com/9593508/?utm_campa...j1NiNlLdKUuQ7g
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

But why were his pants off? And if he was with a prostitute, wouldnt she have taken the money?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    But why were his pants off? And if he was with a prostitute, wouldnt she have taken the money?
    I looked for an update on this but found none so I guess the vehicle wasn't his or they would have identified him. Or maybe this is so common in Houston that they don't bother updating these stories? And yes, I believe a prostitute would have taken the money. This feels more mob/gang-related, doesn't it? Revenge, sending a message, getting a point across.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information