Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Capitol Police officer (Brian D. Sicknick, 42) dies from injuries sustained during the pro-Trump rampage.

A Capitol Police officer (Brian D. Sicknick, 42) dies from injuries sustained during the pro-Trump rampage.

https://twitter.com/BSicknick

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/u...p-rampage.html

A United States Capitol Police officer died Thursday night from injuries sustained when he engaged with a pro-Trump mob that descended on the U.S. Capitol the day before.

Officer Brian D. Sicknick died at about 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, the Capitol Police said in a statement. He had been with the agency since 2008.

Mr. Sicknick was responding to the riots on Wednesday and 'was injured while physically engaging with protesters,' the agency's statement said, although officials didn't immediately elaborate on the nature of his injuries or how he interacted with the crowd. After sustaining the injuries, Mr. Sicknick returned to his division office, collapsed, and was taken to the hospital.

'The entire U.S.C.P. department expresses its deepest sympathies to Officer Sicknick's family and friends on their loss, and mourns the loss of a friend and colleague,' the statement said. News outlets had prematurely reported on his death earlier in the day while he was apparently still on life support.

Homicide investigators from the Metropolitan Police Department are involved in the case.

Early Friday morning, Representative Tim Ryan of Ohio, a Democrat who runs the House Appropriations subcommittee that oversees the budget for the Capitol Police, said in a Twitter post that his heart was breaking over Mr. Sicknick's death.

'This tragic loss is a reminder of the bravery of the law enforcement who protect us every day,' Mr. Ryan wrote.

Mr. Sicknick's death brings the death toll from Wednesday's mayhem to five. One of the people participating in the pro-Trump rampage, Ashli Babbitt, was shot and killed by a Capitol Police officer inside the building as she climbed through a broken window leading to the Speaker's Lobby. Three other people died after experiencing apparent medical emergencies in the area around the Capitol, the police said.

Officials have said that some 50 police officers were injured as the mob swarmed barricades, threw objects, battered doors, smashed windows and overwhelmed some of the officers who tried to resist the advancing crowd.

Capitol Police reported 14 arrests during the incursion, including two people who were detained for assaulting a police officer. Local police arrested dozens of others, mostly for unlawful entry and violations of the city's Wednesday night curfew.

Steven Sund, the Capitol Police chief, handed in his resignation on Thursday after facing pressure from congressional leaders. The sergeants-at-arms of the House and Senate also resigned.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2021...apitol_rioters
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 02-02-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Maybe it's too late at night for this! I can't find the FB but he does have/had one. There is a pic of it on Heavy. It could be blocked; his Twitter was restricted.

https://heavy.com/news/brian-sicknick/

HELP! and Nite Nite

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1249026363

I think this it but it’s pretty much private

So the party of "Blue Lives Matter" now have a FEDERAL police officer's murder on their hands. And theoretically, based on the idea that if you participate in a crime in any way you can be charged for a murder that happens, Trump has Mr. Sicknick's blood on his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    So the party of "Blue Lives Matter" now have a FEDERAL police officer's murder on their hands. And theoretically, based on the idea that if you participate in a crime in any way you can be charged for a murder that happens, Trump has Mr. Sicknick's blood on his hands.
    Yep! I’m sure Mr Sicknick never thought the leopards would eat his face
    It’s speculated trump only criticized them yesterday once he realized he could possibly be charged with inciting the whole mess. At his speech at 1pm Trump literally said let’s take a walk down there, and I’ll be with you and then trump got into his secure vehicle and headed down the the other way

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    With all of the footage I've seen of his colleagues letting people in and taking selfies with the rioters, I can't help but wonder what should happen to them. They literally participated in this IMHO. Whether that be because some of the cops were on the rioters side or that they just didn't feel like doing their job remains to be seen, but the Captain of the force resigned.

I believe this is why they're having the Metro Police investigate it. I watched the mayor's speech yesterday and she, the chief of Metro Police and others were LIVID over the actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Only today did the White House lower their flag to half staff. Took long enough. He's such a piece of shit.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Only today did the White House lower their flag to half staff. Took long enough. He's such a piece of shit.
    And I'm sure that was just done by aides. I noticed he wasn't one of the officials that expressed condolences to Sicknick's family, but Back the Blue, amiright?!!

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I just watched a video of them dragging his unconscious body out of the tunnel of the Capitol and then beating it with American and Trump flag (poles)
    Super fucked up.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    I just watched a video of them dragging his unconscious body out of the tunnel of the Capitol and then beating it with American and Trump flag (poles)
    Super fucked up.
    Can you link it?

Can you link it?
    I think this is it. Turn up your audio:

https://www.tmz.com/videos/2021-01-1...angle-4909030/

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post

Oh wow. After all the stuff I've seen, I had not seen that. Thanks for linking it. So there are identifiable faces in that video attacking him, it's shouldn't be too hard to find them and arrest them.

Oh wow. After all the stuff I've seen, I had not seen that. Thanks for linking it. So there are identifiable faces in that video attacking him, it's shouldn't be too hard to find them and arrest them.
    It would've been a lot easier if the cops didn't let everyone just leave...
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

The power of the mob. Unbelievable.

I heard that video is of a different cop getting beaten, but nevertheless, it shouldn't have happened!

Not there anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Not there anymore...
    https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/statu...212050414.html

Not there anymore...
    I just tried the link and it worked. Maybe the server was overloaded by people trying to reach it.

I just tried the link and it worked. Maybe the server was overloaded by people trying to reach it.
    It just takes me to the main "videos" page and it's not there. I was able to watch it going to their FB page. I have no words...

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...-capitol-riot/

The FBI has arrested a fourth person in the Houston area in connection with the riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Shane Jenkins, 43, was arrested Friday morning at his northwest Houston home, according to the FBI. He now faces several charges stemming from the Jan. 6 insurrection that led to the death of five people, including a police officer.

According to federal court documents, Jenkins is charged with assault on a federal officer, obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder, damage to federal property, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds and two counts of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority.

According to the criminal complaint, Jenkins was identified by someone who was researching people seen in public footage of the riot. According to the document, the person watching the video could see Jenkins pull out a ?small crowbar? and smash a window near a tunnel in the Lower West Terrace of the Capitol.

According to the document, FBI agents found social media accounts belonging to Jenkins and saw photos and videos of himself at the riot that had been posted. Agents said that in the video, Jenkins can be seen using a hatchet to break a window in the Lower West Terrace area.

Brian Wice, KPRC 2 Legal Analyst said, ?In this situation, three of these five offenses are felonies that carry substantial time in a federal penitentiary.?

Wice also weighed in on the details outlined in court.

?If a picture is worth 1,000 words, then a video is worth 10,000. And there is nothing more damaging, nothing more prejudicial and nothing more inculpatory,? Wice said.

Investigators said that security camera footage from the day of the riot shows Jenkins throwing things like a desk drawer, a pipe and a flagpole at both Capitol and Metropolitan police officers.

?The majority of these alleged perpetrator?s were done in by their own words, their own videos, their own text messages and again this defendant is no different,? Wice said.

Jenkins is the fourth person from the Houston area to be arrested in connection with the riot. Joshua Lollar, Wilmar Montano Alvarado and former Houston police officer Ted Pham have also been charged.

After a federal court appearance Friday afternoon, Jenkins remains in custody and is scheduled to be back in federal court Monday morning for a hearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I wonder what chemical the rioters used. What violent dicks.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

In my opinion, everyone who stormed that capitol should face the same charges as the individual who caused his death. If 5 people break into a house and one shoots the homeowner, aren't all charged with murder?

I know it will never happen, but still.

I'm totally with you. I also think they are charging with VERY downgraded charges for the insurrection. How is it not terrorism or treason (I know, we don't officially have domestic terrorism laws, but we do have treason laws.)
    In my opinion, everyone who stormed that capitol should face the same charges as the individual who caused his death. If 5 people break into a house and one shoots the homeowner, aren't all charged with murder?

I know it will never happen, but still.
    You are both correct. Anyone involved was part of a terrorist conspiracy at the least. It's always possible they could upgrade the charges as they put more pieces together, but I really would like to see them get the big fish... All the presidents men, the congress critters, the militias and Q it's self. I'm not inclined to give any of them a pass.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Just down the street from West Virginia University in the city of Morgantown, sandwich shop owner George Pierre Tanios had a terrible reputation. Ex-employees say he?d berate employees in public and physically fight customers. Online reviews show he?d even shove Trump propaganda in your face.

So it was no surprise to Cory Denkert, a former employee, when he checked Facebook one day and saw a selfie Tanios took during the insurrection on Jan. 6?one that law enforcement later determined was taken at the U.S. Capitol Building. It matched an FBI flyer of Photograph #254, a MAGA hat-wearing bearded guy wanted for assaulting a federal officer, including one Capitol Police officer who died. Tanios was even wearing a hoodie with his shop?s name emblazoned on the chest, ?Sandwich U.?

?I was laughing,? Denkert told The Daily Beast. ?This is exactly what George would do. He?s always been angry, trying to start fights with people. It doesn't matter how wrong he is, he's going to be outspoken, in somebody's face, trying to start something.?

Denkert sent Tanios? selfie to the FBI with a curt message: Hey, I know this guy. This is George Pierre Tanios. It was taken off of his Facebook.

After a few weeks, Denkert received an afternoon phone call while driving home from work. The FBI special agent wanted to be sure this was Tanios. Was there someone else who?d seen him recently? Denkert connected him with a Morgantown businessman whose partnership with Tanios had fallen apart.

According to an FBI affidavit reviewed by The Daily Beast, that ex-business partner?who Tanios allegedly owed $435,000?told the FBI special agent that he was ?100%? sure it was Tanios. The Daily Beast searched Monongalia County court records and found that the only person who sued Tanios seeking nearly half a million dollars was Kenneth Dufalla.

?I?m surprised it took this long for him to do something stupid,? Dufalla told The Daily Beast.

?He?s an embarrassment, to fellow hard-working, God-fearing, humble citizens of Morgantown and fellow Trump supporters,? Dufalla added. ?I can?t imagine how many of his former employees and fraternities are enjoying his apparent downfall right now. He was easily the most hated man in Morgantown.?

The FBI special agent asked both of them to keep quiet, concerned that Tanios would run if he discovered the FBI was onto him. The Bureau was about to connect Tanios with the attack on Officer Brian Sicknick, the only cop who collapsed and died after fighting insurrectionists. A few days later, on Sunday, March 14, FBI agents from Washington and Pittsburgh teamed up to arrest Tanios at his West Virginia home.

Former employees at Sandwich University were ecstatic. The Daily Beast spoke to four people who all said they were forced to endure years of abuse by their boss. Tanios once used a bullhorn to scream at employees, said Denkert. He fired people on the spot without apparent reason, and frequently threatened to mace rowdy customers in the face, said another, Daniel Dentzler.

?This has really been a long time coming for him,? Denkert said. ?He's always treated people badly, and he's always acted like he's gonna get away with something. He thought he was untouchable.?

Tanios and a fellow college-town restaurateur from another state, Julian Elie Khater, were indicted on March 17 for attacking three police officers at the Capitol with bear spray. In court documents, federal agents described how they used several different pictures and videos to piece together how Tanios carried the chemical irritant in his backpack and directed his buddy. Prosecutors allege that the pair intentionally timed their attack on the officers with the pepper spray ?to coincide with other rioters? efforts to forcibly remove the bike rack barriers that were preventing the rioters from moving closer to the Capitol building.?

?Give me that bear shit,? Khater allegedly said to Tanios while they stood on the Lower West Terrace of the Capitol on Jan. 6, according to court papers. Prosecutors say that entrance is where Sicknick and at least two other officers were standing guard behind metal bicycle racks.

?Hold on, hold on, not yet, not yet? it?s still early,? Tanios responded, according to the court documents.

The feds say Khater then deployed the powerful spray into the faces of Sicknick, U.S. Capitol Police Officer C. Edwards, and District of Columbia Police Officer B. Chapman.

The Daily Beast reached out to several of Tanios? family members, who did not respond to phone calls or direct messages on Facebook. And the publicly funded defense attorneys now representing Tanios in federal court declined to comment. But S. Sean Murphy, an attorney in Morgantown who represented Tanios on business matters for years, said: ?George was never anything but a consummate gentleman or kind to me. I never heard him say anything untoward or aggressive in my presence.?

?I like George. I genuinely liked him,? he said.

According to two former employees, Tanios had a long history of using mace.

Daniel Dantzler worked at Sandwich U for five years and eventually ran the place as a night shift manager. The small shop was a hotspot for drunk West Virginia University students, who occasionally got out of control.

?We always had a can of pepper spray behind the counter, and there's been several times he would pull it out and mace somebody,? Dantzler said.

But the fight was usually started by the shop owner himself, several ex-employees said. Online reviews on Google and Yelp dating back to 2015 allege several instances in which Tanios would offend customers?then threaten or harass them if they responded.

Dantzler said: ?He would usually come out from behind the counter and, you know, be confrontational with them. Then he'd say to the register girl: ?Give me the mace.?

?He sprayed people in the shop, on the way out the door, outside the shop, on the street,? Dantzler said, incredulously. ?I'm not sure if the surveillance footage still exists. It'd be pretty funny.?

Tanios? business lawyer, Murphy, had this to say in his defense: ?It gets wild on High Street at two o?clock in the morning. All kinds of shit goes down there. I wouldn't be surprised. People are fighting left and right on High Street every Thursday, Friday, Saturday night.?

Tanios embraced the caricature of an overly aggressive shop owner so thoroughly that Dantzler and Denkert say he even referred to himself as ?The Sandwich Nazi,? and kept a framed photo of the Seinfeld character ?The Soup Nazi? behind the counter?next to photos of customers and ex-employees who were no longer allowed inside the restaurant.

?I guess it was a role model for him,? Dantzler said. ?He'd say: ?No sandwich for you!??

One reviewer in 2019 summed it up this way: ?complete asshole self entitled owner with zero empathy and total lack of basic social cues.? More recent interactions complain that Tanios was an obnoxious Trump supporter and COVID denier.

Tanios did, however, receive a COVID-related bailout through the federal government?s Paycheck Protection Program, according to publicly available records. He got a $52,110 small business loan to support 18 listed employees for his sandwich shop in May 2020. The money went to Lebanese Connection LLC, which does business as Sandwich University, according to state business records.

Tanios did run into money troubles. Dufalla, the ex-business partner, sued him a decade ago alleging that Tanios breached their contract and embezzled the business proceeds. Tanios rejected that accusation but finally decided to strategically declare bankruptcy last year to get rid of the embezzlement lawsuit, according to Murphy and the bankruptcy attorney he hired for the case, John Scott.

Online reviews are full of horror stories, as well as sharp rebukes from Tanios himself, who frequently responded to customers with gleeful malice.

Last year, Emily Fitzgerald wrote, ?My goodness this is no way to run a business. No, the customer is not always right, but these immature responses, from the owner?wow. Men are wildly emotional, in a bad way.?

Tanios responded with this: ?Thank you for your review. Please contact noone@sandwichU.com to complain about your previous visit. We will gladly give you a $0 Gift Card for a future visit.?

According to the Morgantown Police Department, things escalated in October 2020, when someone threw a brick through his sandwich shop window. Tanios told cops he felt that it was a hate crime?retribution for the Trump 2020 sign he had outside.

Three months later, prosecutors say, he stormed the Capitol. Last week, U.S. Magistrate Judge Michael John Aloi ordered Tanios to remain behind bars pending his trial. In court, prosecutors said the FBI had received a tip that his mother allegedly planned to find a way to get him to his family?s native country of Lebanon. It was an accusation Maguy Tanios later denied, saying: ?Who tell you that?... This is my country. God bless the United States... We are American.?

Tanios and his alleged co-conspirator, Khater, have not been charged with causing the cop?s death, as the Washington medical examiner has not yet completed Officer Sicknick?s autopsy results. On Tuesday, the medical examiner?s office told The Daily Beast it will make the results public when they are ready.

?I don't think it's a deep-seated hatred of blue. Nor do I think that what happened was because he was a Trump supporter,? Dantzler said. ?I don't think Trump brainwashed him into macing a police officer. George liked to be in the middle of chaos.?

?He's been doing things the same way with no fear of repercussions for so long, and it finally bit him,? said the other employee, Denkert. ?Karma is a thing, and it finally got him.?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/self-p...rioter?via=ios

Capitol Officer died of 'natural causes,' not injuries from riot: coroner

https://nypost.com/2021/04/19/capito...es-after-riot/

Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick suffered a pair of strokes and ended up dying of natural causes after helping to combat rioters outside Congress in January, but his death was not directly caused by the event, the DC medical examiner said Monday.

The cop, 42, had been hailed a hero, with President Biden ordering an urn with his ashes to lie in honor in the Capitol Rotunda ' the country's top tribute to a late private citizen.

Sicknick is only the sixth person in history to receive the honor, which also had been bestowed on civil-rights icon Rosa Parks, renowned televangelist the Rev. Billy Graham and three other Capitol Police officers killed since 1988.

Congress's top Dems, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Chuck Schumer, praised 'the heroism of Officer Sicknick and the Capitol Police force during the violent insurrection against our Capitol'' in a joint statement at the time.

'His sacrifice reminds us every day of our obligation to our country and to the people we serve,' they said of Sicknick.

The cop had collapsed after he returned to his office following the protests Jan. 6 and died about eight hours later.

There were early reports he had been struck in the head with a fire extinguisher, but investigators eventually dismissed those claims.

Then two men were charged last month with assaulting Sicknick with bear spray ' and a federal prober and second law-enforcement source told The Associated Press at the time that authorities were looking into whether the cop might have ingested the chemical substance, contributing to his death.

Capitol Police pushed the narrative that Sicknick was killed by injuries sustained during the riots.

The officer 'was injured while physically engaging with protesters,' Capitol Police said in a statement the day of his death. 'He returned to his division office and collapsed. He was taken to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.'

But the report released by Washington, DC's, medical examiner Monday will make it difficult for prosecutors to build a homicide case in the officer's death.

ME Francisco Diaz said in his report that there was no evidence Sicknick suffered a reaction to bear spray.

There were no signs of external or internal injuries on the cop, Diaz said.

Sicknick, a New Jersey native, had a pair of strokes at the base of his brain stem and died, the ME said.

Specifically, the officer succumbed to 'acute brainstem and cerebellar infarcts due to acute basilar artery thrombosis,'' the report said.

When the term 'natural causes'' is used in cases such as this, that means 'disease alone causes death,'' the ME explained in his report.

'If death is hastened by an injury, the manner of death is not considered natural.'

Thread Information