Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Trump rioter and Air Force vet Ashli Babbit (35) of San Diego, CA killed at the US Capitol while storming the building

Pro Trump rioter and Air Force vet Ashli Babbit (35) of San Diego, CA killed at the US Capitol while storming the building

https://www.kusi.com/kusi-news-confi...de-us-capitol/

. WASHINGTON (KUSI) ? The woman who was shot and killed inside the US Capitol during the protests was from the San Diego area.

KUSI News has spoken with her husband.

The woman is Ashli Babbit, a 14-year veteran, who served four tours with the US Air Force, and was a high level security official throughout her time in service.

Her husband says she was a strong supporter of President Trump, and was a great patriot to all who knew her.

The Metropolitan Police Department says an investigation into her death continues.

KUSI sends our condolences to her family and all who knew her.

I swear Socal Karen is going to be a thing now like Florida Man was trending 20 years ago. This is insane. Also NorCal Techie will be a thing now as ex-California residents move out of state or country. In this case it's a Trump Supporter that was shot at the Capitol.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ashli_Babbitt?s=09

Her Twitter profile has been released.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    https://www.kusi.com/kusi-news-confi...de-us-capitol/

I swear Socal Karen is going to be a thing now like Florida Man was trending 20 years ago. This is insane. Also NorCal Techie will be a thing now as ex-California residents move out of state or country. In this case it's a Trump Supporter that was shot at the Capitol.
    She's not Socal Karen, stop making this into some cute little internet meme. This is domestic terrorism, plain and simple. You storm the Capitol building and break into an area where the VP is, you're gonna get shot. This conspiracy theory fantasy is dangerous and insane.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/06/protes...om-california/

Damn before babbitt died she ranted about Mike Pence.

. The President Trump supporter killed in the Capitol building Wednesday is an Air Force vet from California who tweeted a day earlier how “nothing will stop us” and “the storm is here.”

Ashli Babbit, who had 14 years in the service and did four tours of duty, was married and lived near San Diego, her husband Aaron told KUSI-TV.

“I’m numb. I’m devastated. Nobody from DC notified my son and we found out on TV,” the husband’s mother, Robin Babbitt, told The Post, saying of her daughter-in-law, “She is a Trump supporter.”

Everything is “pretty surreal,” added Aaron’s brother, Justin. “It’s hard, because we haven’t been officially notified.”

The day before she was fatally shot — apparently by Capitol Police, Babbit tweeted, “Nothing will stop us…. they can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours….dark to light.”

Babbit, who used the Twitter handle CommonAshSense, also retweeted Wednesday morning — a few hours ahead of her and other Trump supporters storming the Capitol — a “MUST BE DONE LIST before Congress meets today.”

It included, “Mike Pence@vp @Mike_Pence must resign & thereafter be charged with TREASON,” and, “Chief Justice John Roberts must RESIGN.”

The rioters were protesting Congress’s impending certification of Joe Biden as the winner of the 2020 presidential election.

Babbit took a fatal bullet to the chest during the mayhem inside the Capitol.

Video footage captured the sound of the gunshot, and showed the woman crumpling to the floor from multiple angles.

She was apparently shot by Capitol Police, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

Responding to a tweet Monday by conservative author Melissa Tate saying, “Landing in DC. Here to do God’s work. Save the Republic,” Babbit responded, “I will be there tomorrow! Gods speed!”

On Tuesday, Babbit retweeted TV footage of a pro-Trump crowd amassing in DC ahead of Wednesday’s riots.

Babitt’s mother-in-law told a Fox affliate in DC she was puzzled by the behavior of her son’s wife.

“I really don’t know why she decided to do this,” the mother-in-law said, according to a reporter’s tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    She's not Socal Karen, stop making this into some cute little internet meme. This is domestic terrorism, plain and simple. You storm the Capitol building and break into an area where the VP is, you're gonna get shot. This conspiracy theory fantasy is dangerous and insane.
    I agree it's just the way every thing is going to get twisted sadly going forward.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah well. I'm going to have the response that is accurate:

You play stupid games. You win stupid prizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Her fb. https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1079255103

Warning- Graphic video of her shooting and chaotic few mins afterwards.
    https://youtu.be/MNWOvsKXn1U

Dangerous and insane and so scary. Fourteen years in the Air Force protecting our Country. Flies from California to Washington to invade our capital building. Just to die on the floor wrapped in a trump flag. I’m still so shocked. And I can’t believe there was not security in place to prevent anyone getting in the building let alone climbing through a window where world and US leaders were being protected.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm being lazy. Pictures and more details on her here:

https://nypost.com/2021/01/06/protes...om-california/
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

This poor idiot died for a man who doesn't give a crap about vets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    This poor idiot died for a man who doesn't give a crap about vets.
    And Trump gave personal info of vets to Putin as the allegation goes.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...found/13039470

Apparently 4 people are dead along with Ashli Babbit
    Four people died, including a woman shot by police, as supporters of President Donald Trump violently occupied the US Capitol, according to local police.

Key points:
    The woman was shot as the mob tried to break through a barricaded door
    Two pipe bombs were found in the wake of the violence
    A "long gun" and a Molotov cocktail were also found on the Capitol grounds
    Police in Washington DC said they also found two pipe bombs, one outside the Democratic National Committee and one outside the Republican National Committee, in the wake of the violence.

They also found a cooler inside a vehicle which had a "long gun" and a Molotov cocktail on the grounds of the US Capitol.

Washington DC Police Chief Robert Contee said police shot the woman as the mob tried to break through a barricaded door in the Capitol building, where police were armed on the other side.

She was hospitalised with a gunshot wound and later died.

Video shows the woman falling to the ground after being shot inside a hall packed with protesters and police inside the Capitol building.
    "Well, we had stormed into the chambers inside and there was a young lady who rushed to the windows; a number of police and Secret Service were saying, 'Get back, get down, get out of the way'," he said.

"She didn't heed the call and as we kind of raced up to grab people and pull them back, they shot her in the neck and she fell back on me."

The man said he saw blood coming from the woman's mouth, neck and nose.

"It could have been me, but she went first," he said.
    The three other deaths, which included another woman and two men, were due to separate "medical emergencies", Chief Contee said.

He did not explain what exactly the emergencies were.

Space to play or pause, M to mute, left and right arrows to seek, up and down arrows for volume.
    WATCH
    Duration: 31 seconds31s
    Play Video. Duration: 31 seconds
    Trump supporter complains of mistreatment by police
    "Until these individuals are seen at the office of the chief medical examiner, we will not know the exact cause of death," he said.

"We believe there was some kind of medical emergency for each of them but again that's very preliminary."

Police stand in front of the Capitol in Washington in a cloud of gas.
    Police stand guard, holding off Trump supporters.(AP: Julio Cortez)
    He said police made 52 arrests, 47 of which were from curfew violations and unlawful entry.

Of the arrests, 26 were made on the grounds of the US Capitol building.

"[It was] obviously a chaotic scene, one which we have not experienced in this city before," he said.

"But I'm very proud of my officers, they fought, we answered the call to the Federal Government … and we restored the people's business."

https://www.businessinsider.com/ashl...l-death-2021-1

Ashli Babbitt's Twitter account said she loved "my dude, my dog, & above all, my country." On Wednesday, Babbitt, a 14-year veteran of the Air Force who ardently supported President Donald Trump and also dabbled in conspiracy theories over social media, died during a rampage at the US Capitol.

Law-enforcement officials told NBC News of her death, and the police confirmed the news to The Washington Post. MSNBC reported that a law-enforcement officer fired the fatal shot.

Babbitt was one of hundreds of Trump supporters who, at the president's suggestion earlier Wednesday, descended on the Capitol to protest the confirmation of President-elect Joe Biden's victory against Trump. Photos and videos of Babbitt inside the Capitol before, during, and after she was shot were shared across social media, and after her death her husband told local media in San Diego — where she was believed to reside — that Babbitt was an ardent Trump supporter.

Babbitt's social-media posts leading up to her death give a clearer idea of her decision to head to Washington.
    Babbitt regularly expressed support for Trump on social media. While she didn't tweet much herself, she was an ardent retweeter of conservative and right-wing figures, including Michael Flynn and Jack Posobiec, and conservative news sites like Right Side Broadcasting.

On January 5, Babbitt responded to a tweet that said: "A lot of flights into DC are being canceled with no bad weather. The entire world is corrupt."

"Nothing will stop us," she responded. "They can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours….dark to light!"

She also regularly endorsed QAnon conspiracy theories on Twitter. In a series of photos posted in early September, Babbitt attended a pro-Trump boat parade in San Diego, sporting a QAnon T-shirt and including the group's "Where we go one, we go all" slogan in the caption.

In December, Babbitt posted a screenshot of a notification of a California stay-at-home order and tweeted, "This is that commie bullshit!"

In a follow-up tweet, Babbitt shared a photo of Gov. Gavin Newsom's face with a stop sign pasted over it, and later retweeted posts calling for Newsom to be recalled.

Babbitt often engaged with the former Trump lawyer Lin Wood, a known conspiracy theorist.

Less than 24 hours before the violent rally, Babbitt retweeted a tweet from Wood that said: "MUST BE DONE LIST before Congress meets today: 1. Mike Pence @vp @Mike_Pence must resign & thereafter be charged with TREASON. 2. Rod Rosenstein @RodRosenstein must be arrested & charged with being accessory to murder & TREASON. 3. Chief Justice John Roberts must RESIGN."

A series of videos posted by Babbitt to Twitter in 2018 showed her expressing anger over Democratic politicians and ranting about immigration at San Diego's southern border.

In the videos, she called out the California lawmakers Rep. Maxine Waters, Sen. Kamala Harris, Rep. Ted Lieu, then-Gov. Jerry Brown, and then-Lt. Gov. Newsom, arguing that they were in favor of unrestricted immigration. Babbitt was specifically angry with Harris, who Congress was scheduled to certify as vice president-elect on Wednesday, for comparing US Immigration and Customs Enforcement's tactics to those of the KKK.

"I'm putting all of you on notice. Every single one of you politicians in California, what the hell are you doing?" Babbitt shouted from her car in one video.

Babbitt seemed fond of conspiracy theories suggesting that Chief Justice John Roberts and other high-profile politicians in Washington engaged in pedophilia, and she often retweeted far-right media personalities.

In one post, Babbitt retweeted Posobiec, who, responding to a photo of Washington-bound Trump supporters wearing Make America Great Again hats, tweeted, "So many domestic terrorists!"

Her last tweets heavily centered on Trump's Wednesday rally.

In one, Babbitt liked a tweet by the right-wing commentator Graham Allen that said: "Here we go.... January 6, 2021 will be in the history books one way or the other! Buckle up America!"

In one of her last tweets on the first day of 2021, Babbitt responded to a Twitter user asking, "When do we start winning?" Babbitt quote-tweeted and responded, "Jan 6, 2021," with an American flag and hang-five emoji.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbirdie View Post
    Her fb. https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1079255103

Warning- Graphic video of her shooting and chaotic few mins afterwards.
    https://youtu.be/MNWOvsKXn1U
    I was going to make an article, but looks like they took her FB down.

Guess her family isn't as proud of her treasonous rioting as she was.

Apparently we have to wait for 4 other people who died with Ashli Babbitt and their identities are not released yet.

I bet the others died from the pepper spray, smoke bombs, and being trampled.

https://www.npr.org/sections/congres...he-u-s-capitol

Updated at 10:45 a.m. ET

Washington, D.C., officials say four people have died, including one in a shooting inside the U.S. Capitol, and more than a dozen police officers were injured after a mob of supporters of President Trump stormed the nation's legislative building, temporarily shutting down a vote to certify his successor's win.

Police arrested 70 people on charges related to unrest from Wednesday through 7 a.m. Thursday, Washington's Metropolitan Police Department said. Most of those arrests were for violating curfew, with many also facing charges of unlawful entry. Those arrested are from across the country, including North Carolina, Michigan, Arizona Georgia, Pennsylvania and Oregon.

The scenes of chaos Wednesday afternoon as a Trump rally devolved into unrest and insurrection left the country shaken and the nation's capital on alert.

As Congress began debate over the certification of Electoral College ballots that would finalize President-elect Joe Biden's victory, a large mob decked in red "Make America Great Again" hats and carrying "Trump 2020" and Tea Party flags burst through barricades, overcame Capitol Police and entered the legislative chambers.
    D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser, who put the city on a strict 6 p.m. curfew, described the day's events as "shameful, unpatriotic and ... unlawful."

Numerous videos shared online showed how the noise of protesters could be heard from inside the Senate and House chambers. In an hours-long siege, the rioters tore through the building, breaking windows, attacking police and ransacking lawmakers' offices. Lawmakers, staffers, reporters and other Capitol building workers were forced into hiding while heavily armed police and federal agents rallied a response.

D.C. officials said one woman was shot by a Capitol Police officer amid the chaos. Three others died after separate medical emergencies, she and D.C. Metropolitan Police Chief Robert Contee said during a news conference.

Contee also reported 14 police officers were injured, one seriously "after he was pulled into a crowd and assaulted." Two officers remain hospitalized as of late Wednesday, he said.

The violence wasn't directed solely at the U.S. Capitol building. Police also responded to reports of suspicious packages discovered on Capitol grounds and in other areas of the city. Two pipe bombs left at the Republican National Committee headquarters and the Democratic National Committee headquarters were discovered by police and safely detonated, police said.

In a car on Capitol grounds, law enforcement found a cooler full of gasoline bombs and a long gun, Contee told reporters.

The FBI confirmed to NPR that the agency is involved in ongoing investigations and said, "Two suspected explosive devices were rendered safe by the FBI and our law enforcement partners."

Police response

Acting U.S. Attorney General Jeffrey A. Rosen called the siege at the Capitol building "an intolerable attack on a fundamental institution of our democracy."

The Department of Justice dispatched "hundreds of federal law enforcement officers and agents" to assist the Capitol Police, Rosen said.
    Yet, there were few arrests in relation to the scope of the unrest as of Wednesday night, despite clear evidence on video of hundreds of rioters gaining access to the Capitol and damaging government property.

Most of the arrests were related to curfew violations, Contee said.

At least four people were arrested for carrying a pistol without a license and having a large capacity ammunition feeding device, including one instance of possessing a firearm on Capitol grounds.

The city's arrest sheet lists only one person as being arrested on a felony charge of violating the Riot Act: Joshua Pruitt, 39, of Washington, D.C. He was taken into custody at the Capitol building, police said.

Protesters who violated Bowser's 6 p.m. citywide 12-hour curfew were largely dispersed from the Capitol grounds or arrested by late Wednesday.

Contee said not all people who gained entry into the Capitol building were taken into custody.

D.C. police will be releasing information later Thursday asking the public's help identifying individuals who breached the Capitol so that they "can be held accountable," he said.

It's unclear whether Capitol Police arrested people who infiltrated the Capitol and have yet to report those arrests. A representative for Capitol Police didn't immediately respond to a request for information.

Videos taken of the chaos appeared to show, at best, an unprepared police force easily overrun by rioters or, at worst, one that appeared to acquiesce to the mob. Unverified videos shared on social media showed a police officer taking selfies with some rioters who entered the Capitol, and another appeared to show officers moving barricades to allow a large crowd of people to approach the building.

Capitol Police officers, which usually number around 2,300, have jurisdiction over Congress and its grounds. According to D.C. law, Metropolitan Police can only make arrests on Capitol grounds with the consent or at the request of Capitol Police.

A review will begin immediately to determine how security at the Capitol was compromised, Bowser said.

"I'm sure we're going to spend a lot of time working with our partners including in leadership about the security of the building. We are focused, however, right now on making sure the members can do their work," Bowser said.

Lawmakers already promised a full investigation into the actions by Capitol Police Wednesday.

California Democrat Rep. Zoe Lofgren, chairwoman of the House Administration Committee, said the breach "raises grave security concerns." She said her committee would work with bipartisan House and Senate leadership to address concerns and review the response in the coming days.

The FBI has set up a tip line website for information tied to the riots. The agency said it's seeking information to "assist in identifying individuals who are actively instigating violence in Washington, D.C."

Political repercussions

Hours after Trump's supporters laid siege to an entire branch of government with the apparent aim of keeping him in office in defiance of results of the Nov. 3 election, the president issued a statement early Thursday morning that conceded "there will be an orderly transition on January 20th."
    However, that promise came too late for several top advisers at the White House, who resigned, citing the president's response to the siege as the reason for their departure — with less than two weeks to go in their jobs.

Stephanie Grisham, the chief of staff for first lady Melania Trump, submitted her resignation effective immediately. As did White House social secretary Anna Cristina Niceta and White House press aide Sarah Matthews.

Deputy national security adviser Matt Pottinger reportedly also resigned Wednesday, according to Bloomberg News.

Some lawmakers, including Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., have called for Trump's impeachment for his "open sedition."

That effort is unlikely to gain enough support to be done before Biden's inauguration on Jan. 20.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...0-cbb8f2813f2b

Update the City of Washington has issued a Public Emergency order for 15 days in response to the riots.

WASHINGTON — A curfew put into place by the mayor Wednesday night has been lifted Thursday morning. DC's Mayor Muriel Bowser announced a curfew from 6 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday for Washington amid violence and pro-Trump riots that caused U.S. Capitol Building to go under a lockdown.

"During the hours of the curfew, no person, other than persons designated by the Mayor, shall walk, bike, run, loiter, stand, or motor by car or other mode of transport upon any street, alley, park, or other public place within the District," said the order from Bowser's office.

Once the curfew was lifted Thursday, WUSA9 saw a line of law enforcement vehicles from Virginia State Police moving into the District following the events at the U.S. Capitol Wednesday. The early morning hours of Thursday were relatively quiet, with no reports of violence overnight.
    The curfew imposed by the Mayor’s Order did not apply to essential workers, including working media with their outlet-issued credentials, when engaged in essential functions, including travel to and from their essential work.

Bowser has been vocal about asking people to not travel to downtown D.C. amid protests that have been scheduled for weeks in D.C.

Four people are dead, 52 were arrested and 14 DC Police officers were injured amid pro-Trump riots and demonstrations near and at the U.S. Capitol Wednesday, according to initial information released by MPD. Those numbers are expected to rise.

Bowser also issued a Public Emergency for 15 days, allowing her to institute another curfew at any time, among other options to ensure any violence is quelled.

#BREAKING DC Mayor Bowser Issues Mayor’s Order Extending Today’s Public Emergency for **15 Days** @WUSA9 @CBSNews #insurrection pic.twitter.com/IeUFGdvNaP

— Mike Valerio (@MikevWUSA) January 7, 2021

In a press conference late Wednesday, DC Police Chief Contee and Mayor Bowser were asked about the response by DC Police, and if the department met the duties it was assigned to do.

"As far as the Metropolitan Police Department's response (Wednesday) I'm very comfortable with that," said DC Police Chief Contee. "I think we'll all (law enforcement agencies and DC officials) look back to examine the different plans that were in place -- the coordination, what US Capitol Police plans were."

this day in history
    this day in history
    this day in history

Ads By Connatix
    Contee said that multiple law enforcement agencies were in communication prior to Wednesday's chaos and that an agreement was made to respond to one another needs if help was necessary during protests and riots.

When asked about his department using restraint in making arrests in the Capitol breach, compared to more arrests announced during protests over the summer, Contee expressed that comparing the two is difficult because of the tasks at hand on Wednesday to help fellow law enforcement agencies at the US Capitol Building.

"We had to contain the situation that we were dealing with and the moment we were able to contain the situation members (police) were able to make arrests," said Contee.

Contee added that arrests were made starting at the Capitol Building and moving into the streets in downtown DC.

Bowser also faced questions in regards to if she wished more federal officers and police would have been deployed to the city, even with the frustrations she had with similar agencies and departments that were in the city on June 1 that moved people out of Lafayette Square.

"Yes, I had some criticism about that (the June 1st incident) because people who were peaceful were moved out even prior to a curfew expiring for the purpose of a presidential photo-op," said Bowser. "I do think it bears mentioning that there is some difference in the federal response at Lafayette Square and at the United States Capitol. I think that we saw different types of vehicles used, we saw a different posture used (by officers) in some cases. Such as we did see the use (Wednesday at the Capitol Building) of that military personnel on the ground."

Bowser's comments about military personnel are in reference to a substantial number of National Guard troops that were deployed to guard monuments and buildings in and around the US Capitol -- a stark difference to the police presence at the start of Wednesday's violence at the Capitol.

DC Police will send out Be On the Look Out alerts (BOLO) will be sent out by DC Police for some of the people that breached the US Capitol Building, said Bowser at the end of her news conference.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...f76e5c18aa5ada

Enrique Tarrio Proud Boys Leader has been issued a ban

WASHINGTON (AP) — A judge has banned the leader of the Proud Boys, a far-right extremist group, from the nation’s capital after he was accused of vandalizing a Black Lives Matter banner at a historic Black church and found with high-capacity firearm magazines when he was arrested.

The order bans Henry “Enrique” Tarrio, 36, from entering the District of Columbia, with very limited exceptions to meet with his attorney or appear in court. It comes a day after he was arrested arriving in Washington ahead of protests planned by supporters of President Donald Trump to coincide with the congressional vote expected Wednesday to affirm Joe Biden’s election victory.

Tarrio was arrested Monday by the Metropolitan Police Department and accused of burning a Black Lives Matter banner that was torn down from a historic Black church in downtown Washington last month. He was charged with destruction of property and is also facing a weapons charges after officers found him with the firearm magazines when he was arrested.

According to the criminal complaint, when police pulled Tarrio over on the warrant for vandalizing the Black Lives Matter sign, officers found two unloaded magazines emblazoned with the Proud Boys logo in his bag that have a capacity of 30 rounds each for AR-15 or M4-style weapons.

A large Black Lives Matter sign was ripped from Asbury United Methodist Church property, torn and set aflame in December. Tarrio was seen with the sign in video of the incident posted on YouTube, according to a police report.

Tarrio admitted to police, according to their report, that he posted a confession on the right-wing site Parler that he had set fire to the sign. “There was no hate crime committed,” he wrote. “It isn’t about the color of the someone’s skin. Against the wishes of my attorney I am here today to admit that I am the person responsible for the burning of this sign. And I am not ashamed of what I did because I didn’t do it out of hate ... I did it out of love.”

Tarrio also said, according to a police report, that he sells the clips and the ones he was carrying were purchased by a customer. “I had a customer that bought those two mags, and they got returned ’cause it was a wrong address,” Tarrio said, according to court papers. “And I contacted him, and he’s like, ‘I’m going to be in DC,’ so I’m like, ‘Okay, I’ll take ‘em to you.’ So that I can show you proof ....I can give you, like my invoices and stuff like that from it, and, like, the USPS shipping label.”

He was arrested in a tunnel near the Capitol, ahead of what is expected to be large far-right protests gathering in D.C. according to Tarrio’s online postings: “The ProudBoys will turn out in record numbers on Jan 6th but this time with a twist,” saying they’d spread out incognito.

Tarrio’s attorney did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment.

I said this on the other thread from the 2020 election thread. Its like we need to commit summary executions and ban speech from Far Right groups in this country, but that would lead to long term paranoia on our side of the Aisle.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...EWVNCz-OuOX7XM

Capitol Police officer who shot, killed woman during protest placed on administrative leave
    By Jeff Mordock - The Washington Times
    Thursday, January 7, 2021
    The U.S. Capitol Police officer who fired the fatal bullet that killed Ashli Babbit during Wednesday’s riot at the Capitol Building was placed on administrative leave, the department said Thursday.

The officer, who has not been identified, will have their police powers suspended while awaiting the outcome of a joint investigation between the Capitol Police and Washington’s Metropolitan Police Department.

Read This Before You Renew Amazon Prime Again
    Read This Before You Renew Amazon Prime Again
    Capital One Shopping
    Most wine drinkers in the US don't know these 5 simple Dos and Don'ts
    Most wine drinkers in the US don't know these 5 simple Dos and Don'ts
    Naked Wines
    Do This Immediately If You Have Diabetes (Watch)
    Do This Immediately If You Have Diabetes (Watch)
    protechmarket.club
    Use Code 20TD for 20% Off
    The Drive Clothing
    Recommended by
    Babbit, 35, was fatally shot in the neck outside the House chamber during the storming of the Capitol by a pro-Trump mob angry over his loss in the November election.

A 14-year veteran of the Air Force, Babbit completed four foreign military tours, including Iraq and Afghanistan.

Her husband told a San Diego news station that she was a passionate supporter of President Trump.

Three other people died from “medical emergencies” during Wednesday’s siege of the Capitol, acting Metropolitan Police Chief Robert Contee III said.

Chief Contee identified the three individuals as: Benjamin Philips, 50, of Ringtown, Pennsylvania; Kevin Greeson, 55, of Athens, Alabama; and Roseanne Boyland, 34, of Kennesaw, Georgia.

The police chief didn’t provide any additional information about the individuals, who died on and around the Capitol grounds.

Calls for Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund to be fired have grown after the agency failed to secure the premises, allowing rioters to breach the building. Both members of Congress and ex-law enforcement officials have blasted Chief Sund for failing to be better prepared.

Chief Sund said the agency is conducting a thorough review of the incident, including security planning, policies and procedures.

“The violent attack on the U.S. Capitol was unlike I ever experienced in my 30 years in law enforcement here in Washington, D.C. — has long been a challenge,” he said in a statement.

“The USCP had a robust plan established to address anticipated First Amendment activities. But make no mistake — these were not First Amendment activities; they were criminal riotous behavior,” he continued, describing the Capitol Police officers as “heroic.”

I looked at it yesterday. Everyone was trashing her and those that were trying to take the middle ground with RIP got trashed also. That's probably why they took it down.

https://youtu.be/HwoO45cSlN4
    At the 13 second mark, is that Ashli to the left (our left) of the guy with the blue,red, and white beanie hat?

https://www.wxyz.com/news/brenda-law...o-blm-protests
    . WXYZ) — Many questions have been left unanswered about Wednesday's violent riots at the U.S. Capitol.

However, many are asking one question: If those who stormed the federal building were Black or Brown, would the security response look different?

A quick search on social media shows the hashtag #DoubleStandard as folks compare the security response at the Black Lives Matter protests that took place in Washington D.C. last year to what unfolded at the Capitol.

"What we saw yesterday was not protests and they definitely were not Patriots," Congresswoman Brenda Lawrence said.

Lawrence said she feared for her life as the rioters stormed the building.

"The doors were locked. You can hear this mob just screaming and banging on the door."

Looking back at the footage, she wants to know how security was not prepared, especially after President Donald Trump had called for the protests.

“Million dollar question. Everybody knew that he was having this rally," she said. "We saw videos of Capitol Police moving barricades to let the mob in, taking selfies with people."

Lawrence said that if Black or Brown Americans breached security, there would have been a different outcome.

"There would have been dead bodies all over the capital."

Rev. Wendell Anthony of the NAACP's Detroit branch agreed and said recent history shows the difference between Black Lives Matter protests and the ones seen at the U.S. Capitol and in Lansing last year.

This would never have been allowed to occur had these been Black or Brown people or Muslims or Asians," he said. "They would have been shot to death.”

Mark Fancher with the ACLU of Michigan spoke out last year when the armed protesters stormed the state Capitol, calling the security response an example of privilege.

"We don't have to speculate, the record is very clear," he said. "The white man with a gun is always regarded as a hero."

He said the set of beliefs for generations contribute to the racial injustice. Fancher believes if a Black person speaks out or is armed, even for self-defense, they are perceived differently.

“As someone who is a threat to the established order, someone who must be contained and controlled, regardless of their motivations," he said. "It really represents a reflection of our racial attitudes in this country."

Lawrence said she will be pushing for a full investigation and is unapologetic when it comes to putting a spotlight on the racial disparity when it comes to police treatment of protestors.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    It's true. If that crowd had darker skin, they'd have been firing mortar shells from a tank division. Anyone who disagrees isn't even intelligent enough to comment.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    It's true. If that crowd had darker skin, they'd have been firing mortar shells from a tank division. Anyone who disagrees isn't even intelligent enough to comment.
    I had JUST posted that in the election thread. It's really been bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information