Thread: Watch Porch Pirate Panic After Getaway Car Gets Stuck in Driveway

Watch Porch Pirate Panic After Getaway Car Gets Stuck in Driveway

https://toofab.com/2021/01/05/porch-...k-in-driveway/

"Want me to get you a shovel?"

2021 is only a few days old, but we have an early contender for most embarrassing video of the year.

A Canadian porch pirate caught red-handed didn't make it very far in his getaway vehicle after stranding himself on a pile of snow ? right in front of his victims.

The cringeworthy video shows the moment the homeowner opens his front door in Mississauga, Ontario to catch the man right in the act of stealing a package.

"It's done. You're done," the homeowner shouts after him as he sprints down the driveway into his waiting car, which he had cheekily parked on the property.

Giving a sheepish " So sorry!" he jumps into the driver's seat, throws the car into reverse and makes a hasty retreat ? or so he wished.

The Toyota Yaris backs over an embankment of snow that had been cleared from the driveway... and there it stays.

The pirate revs and revs the tiny front-wheel drive, but try as he might, the getaway car is going nowhere.

"Cops is coming," the homeowner shouts after him. "Quick call the police now," he tells his wife.

But she doesn't have to be quick at all.

The would-be pirate jumps out of the car and repeatedly attempts to dig the car free, as the family watch his pathetic attempts to flee the scene drag on.

As he runs to and from the front wheels and the steering wheel, the homeowner even begins to feel sorry for the hapless thief, even jokingly offering him a shovel.

But the wheels just keep fruitlessly spinning, and the engine just keeps fruitlessly revving, the full videos show.

"It's front wheel drive... you need to get the wheels on the ground," the man even advises him, now sounding like he genuinely pities him.

In the end, his heist is ultimately unsuccessful. The video shows the police eventually turning up and dragging him out of the car ? which never made it off the embankment.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1346484679063400448

That could have been a whole different ending for the crook if he tried that in the wrong neighborhood in the US

OMG, I needed that laugh.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Before I watched the video, I thought the house would have a long driveway, but nope. Idiot didn't know how to back out properly. I guess he was too panicked. LMFAO!
    Next time, get a better vehicle.
    Also, I wonder what items are inside packages these porch pirates steal?!
    If someone stole from me today, they would've only gotten water (if you live by marshland, water tastes terrible) and AAA batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

It's Canada. Trudeau will give him a pardon and an apology because he was ridiculed. Soon, he'll be making money on Youtube from advertisers for click throughs...

Thread Information