Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Keyon Harrold Jr (14) was harassed and tackled after being falsely accused of stealing a phone

https://nypost.com/2020/12/30/woman-...ft-speaks-out/

. The woman who falsely accused a black jazz musician?s teen son of stealing her cellphone in a Manhattan hotel has broken her silence, saying that she does ?worry? about the fallout ? but maintains her allegation that she was assaulted during the brouhaha.

The 22-year-old woman spoke Tuesday to CNN about the viral video in which she?s seen going off on 14-year-old Keyon Harrold Jr. in the lobby of Soho?s Arlo Hotel, claiming that he swiped her iPhone.

The woman ? whose name was withheld by CNN ? said that when she realized her phone was missing, she first demanded to see surveillance video from the hotel lobby.

She then asked everyone in the lobby to ?empty their pocket,? before settling on Keyon Jr. as her suspect.

?That?s when everything got a little bit more serious,? she told CNN during a phone interview.

The woman, who on the video appears to be white, then lunged at the teen and his dad, jazz trumpeter Keyon Harrold Sr., who was defending his son from the accusations.

During a tussle not fully captured on the video, the elder Harrold has said, the woman scratched him and tackled the teen.

He said that shortly after the melee, an Uber driver showed up with the woman?s missing phone.

The NYPD has said it plans to hit the woman with raps that could include assault, grand larceny or attempted robbery, while Mayor Bill de Blasio has blasted the run-in as ?plain and simple? racism.

?Of course I worry. That?s not who I am,? the woman told CNN when asked if she has concerns about possible criminal charges and her portrayal in the viral clip. ?I actually ? try very hard to make sure that I am always doing the right thing.?

She told the outlet she is willing to cooperate with an NYPD probe, but has not yet heard from investigators.

The woman added that she?d be open to talking with the Harrolds.

She told CNN she could and would provide proof that she was assaulted during the incident, but then stopped responding to the outlet?s messages.

https://www.change.org/p/google-inc-...redirect=false

A petition to boycott the Hotel is at play here as a result of the harassment and assault.

There's a name floating around Facebook. The person says they're not Soho Karen, but a lot of people are saying it's her. If they're wrong, I'd feel bad for this person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I have to agree with Queena on this one. And until we as a society realize the inherent power of whiteness and the underlying biases we hold, nothing will ever change, no matter how much we believe we are not racist. It's a default. A terrifying, unfair, awful default. And until it's acknowledged, it can't be changed.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    The other person was sitting on the couch, so no need to tackle..but she ran up to them and demanded they empty their pockets-accusing them of stealing the phone first. She also DEMANDED that the hotel give their video to her. She's entitled and crazy. I think the girl has problems. She acted like a froot loop in general. I am wondering if she is on drugs or has mental issues.

The hotel staff...yeah, I totally think they acted with implicit bias.
    She didn't force them to stand up and empty their pockets. They probably told her to fuck off. She thought that the little Black boy couldn't afford a damn iPhone. It didn't dawn on her to check the cab that she had just exited. I promise you that she wouldn't have thought that he stole her iPhone if he were a little white boy. I remember losing my Note in a store full of white people (it's all I live around) and not once did I accuse someone of stealing my phone, I calmly used the Find my Device provided by Android and found my phone on a shelf.

I love you RBW, but this girl simply thought that those Black people couldn't afford a phone like her. She didn't tackle the hotel staff to force them to show her the video. She didn't tackle the people who she previously accused, and we don't even know if she really accused someone else
    That's what she said. She also says that she has proof that they attacked her, but stopped talking to CNN when they asked her to show it. If I'm being branded as a racist in the media, you can best believe that I would show CNN my proof. We're all bias. It's part of being human, but the best of us check that shit at the door and don't go around accusing people of crimes because of their race or nationality.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Man, this is disgusting. If you touch my child or come at them, I'm knocking your ass out.
    She seemed ridiculously frantic about this stupid phone. I love how she was like MAKE HIM TAKE THE CASE OFF SO I CAN PROVE THAT IS MINE.

BITCH DO YOU THINK THIS KID CARRIES RANDOM PHONE CASES AROUND TO STEAL PHONES?

Racist psychopath, throw the whole book at her, she's gonna be real sad when she can't have her phone in jail. Also I found it interesting that she had checked out of the hotel like three days before the incident, why was she still there?!?

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    She didn't force them to stand up and empty their pockets. They probably told her to fuck off. She thought that the little Black boy couldn't afford a damn iPhone. It didn't dawn on her to check the cab that she had just exited. I promise you that she wouldn't have thought that he stole her iPhone if he were a little white boy. I remember losing my Note in a store full of white people (it's all I live around) and not once did I accuse someone of stealing my phone, I calmly used the Find my Device provided by Android and found my phone on a shelf.

I love you RBW, but this girl simply thought that those Black people couldn't afford a phone like her. She didn't tackle the hotel staff to force them to show her the video. She didn't tackle the people who she previously accused, and we don't even know if she really accused someone else
    That's what she said. She also says that she has proof that they attacked her, but stopped talking to CNN when they asked her to show it. If I'm being branded as a racist in the media, you can best believe that I would show CNN my proof. We're all bias. It's part of being human, but the best of us check that shit at the door and don't go around accusing people of crimes because of their race or nationality.
    My husband is part Pakistani. He worked for a company as a pilot for several years...then 9/11 happened. Some of his co-workers, people that we thought were friends and socialized with, suddenly didn't want to fly with him because he was 'part terrorist'. HR backed up the other people and told him "what do you expect?". I remember lots of brown people, totally unrelated to Islam like Sikhs and Indians getting murdered....and I remember the Black community as a whole looking the other way, and even expressing some of the same racism against brown people and people they viewed as Islamic (for the record, not that it matters, my husband was born and raised in England under the Church of England).

Saying things repeatedly like "all white people support Trump", when someone knows that isn't true, and denigrating said white people who have fought against Trump's racism and assholery for the last 4+ years, just because they are white IS racism.

When anyone says "all insert color here" does something or is bad, that is racist.

My mom is American Indian. Back in Texas she is treated like crap by white, black, and hispanics, because they all think they are 'above' her.

Racism (but even more so, sexism) is inherent in our system. I see that, I'm not blind, but there's other racism besides just against Black people.

I love you too Queena. But I truly don't know what this crazy cunt was doing, and I'm just telling you the vibe I'm getting. She tackled the person with the iphone like hers. That's what we know. You and I don't know if the other people all had Androids, or didn't have a phone, or they were white and she cow towed to them, or what. I will tell you she probably is racist and she's a crazy cunt. I will tell you that the hotel management acted with racism, but I stop short on saying she went after him ONLY because he was Black. I think she went after him because she fixated on the phone and went beserk. We have the right to disagree on her motives. I absolutely do NOT think he attacked her...now I think she's trying to cover her crazy ass butt! Do I think she now thinks she can get away with it because the kid was Black...yes. But I don't think that's what started it.

If you read through MDS you will see that I am one of the first to call out racists, and cops being racists, and racist policies, and all kinds of racism that I see. Our country is full of it. Our world is full of it. Sometimes though, every once in awhile, it's not racism that produces these situations. I look white. I have had Karens come up and almost fist fight me over a parking space, and get in my face over masks. We have a big entitled world, where all the kids are coddled, and now everyone thinks they are special and can do anything they want...and most of them do. That's what I think was going on here. I might be totally wrong, I said I don't know and this is just the vibe I am getting, but the rest of what I wrote isn't wrong.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 12-31-2020 at 06:49 AM.

I agree with RBW, I think the woman was like the chick that accused me of taking her phone...she was crazy, possibly on drugs. I don?t think she singled him out because he was black. She had tunnel vision and wanted her phone back and she thought he had it. That does NOT give her the right to assault him though.

I also agree that other minorities are discriminated against and it doesn?t make the news.

At the same old job I had, I worked with a woman from Guam-very nice lady. An old lady client told me not to piss her off because she was an Indian and she would skin me.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    My husband is part Pakistani. He worked for a company as a pilot for several years...then 9/11 happened. Some of his co-workers, people that we thought were friends and socialized with, suddenly didn't want to fly with him because he was 'part terrorist'. HR backed up the other people and told him "what do you expect?". I remember lots of brown people, totally unrelated to Islam like Sikhs and Indians getting murdered....and I remember the Black community as a whole looking the other way, and even expressing some of the same racism against brown people and people they viewed as Islamic (for the record, not that it matters, my husband was born and raised in England under the Church of England).

Saying things repeatedly like "all white people support Trump", when someone knows that isn't true, and denigrating said white people who have fought against Trump's racism and assholery for the last 4+ years, just because they are white IS racism.

When anyone says "all insert color here" does something or is bad, that is racist.

My mom is American Indian. Back in Texas she is treated like crap by white, black, and hispanics, because they all think they are 'above' her.

Racism (but even more so, sexism) is inherent in our system. I see that, I'm not blind, but there's other racism besides just against Black people.

I love you too Queena. But I truly don't know what this crazy cunt was doing, and I'm just telling you the vibe I'm getting. She tackled the person with the iphone like hers. That's what we know. You and I don't know if the other people all had Androids, or didn't have a phone, or they were white and she cow towed to them, or what. I will tell you she probably is racist and she's a crazy cunt. I will tell you that the hotel management acted with racism, but I stop short on saying she went after him ONLY because he was Black. I think she went after him because she fixated on the phone and went beserk. We have the right to disagree on her motives. I absolutely do NOT think he attacked her...now I think she's trying to cover her crazy ass butt! Do I think she now thinks she can get away with it because the kid was Black...yes. But I don't think that's what started it.

If you read through MDS you will see that I am one of the first to call out racists, and cops being racists, and racist policies, and all kinds of racism that I see. Our country is full of it. Our world is full of it. Sometimes though, every once in awhile, it's not racism that produces these situations. I look white. I have had Karens come up and almost fist fight me over a parking space, and get in my face over masks. We have a big entitled world, where all the kids are coddled, and now everyone thinks they are special and can do anything they want...and most of them do. That's what I think was going on here. I might be totally wrong, I said I don't know and this is just the vibe I am getting, but the rest of what I wrote isn't wrong.
    Racism is a disease that sadly affects all of us. It's hard to be anti racist, which is why people rarely try it. Not all of any people are part of anything, or as I like to say. White people look down (of course not all) on everyone, Black people look down on Hispanics, Hispanic citizens look down on illegal Hispanics, Asians look down on Filipinos, etc. It's a disease. I don't treat anyone wrong. Not even my Trump loving neighbors, because I understand why they love Trump. Just as I don't treat the Black fools who think that white people are the devil, it's stupid (I maintain that Mitch McConnell is not human, and at the very least he has no soul or heart). I would never attack anyone's child, nevertheless over a cellphone. Especially if I can't prove it. The child had a case on the phone, and not many thieves carry around random phone cases in hopes that they can steal one that day, but it does sound like a good idea if you're into that type of thing. Some people really do think that all Black people steal. Some people really do think and believe all of the negative stereotypes. Some people are trash, and trash comes in all shapes, sizes, races, colors, and even species. All we can do is to make sure that we and those that we love aren't racist and if a loved one is, check them. Correct their mistake. I even fail at that, but it's only because the ignorance of some humans render me speechless. I'm going to do better.

I can't believe none of her friends are outing her to the media for $$$. If any of my friends did this (of course, none of them would), I'd out them.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I see both sides from Queena and RBW on this one. First off, she was ALL KINDS OF CRAZY and was obviously freaking out because she lost her phone. There are people out there SO OBSESSED with having their phone on them at all times that they will literally kill someone over it. It's a real psychological phenomenon that is increasingly becoming worse in our society. There are also instances where things aren't necessarily done because of race, but because of crazy. Queena and I had it out years ago on here about this very discussion.

I think because of this, she would have gone nutso on anyone she saw with an iPhone even if there was nobody black in sight, however I DO think that she knew that by pinning it on the Black kid that she would get more support for her antics from the staff at the hotel. She used the racism to her advantage in that way and knew exactly what she was doing with it.

At the end of the day, I think both instances were right. She's a crazy cunt, she would definitely gone ham on ANYONE she saw with that phone and she saw a black kid with the phone and knew that she'd get more support to interrogate him because of that fact. I think she also thought she could lay hands on him with fewer repercussions because of his race.

We'll never know what was going on in her mind and we should be thankful because she's a few pieces short of a large pepperoni pizza. And I don't think Queena was trying to deny different types of racism or that not everything is race or that every White person is blatantly racist. At least I hope not. I think this incident was a mixture of the two. She was crazy and would have gone after anyone, but after she accused the kid figured she could get away with even more horrible actions towards him because he was black. I also can totally see her thinking that he couldn't afford one in the back of her mind, but again, we will never know what she was truly thinking.

Either way, she deserves the charges and I hope she gets to serve some decent time where she'll have no phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Here is a new angle released on the assault on the Harrolds.

One thing we all can agree on. Bitch is crazy.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    One thing we all can agree on. Bitch is crazy.
    INDEED

Honestly, there's having a bad day and then there's her. She's got issues on a level that I hope I never get to understand.

ETA: That hotel staff needs to be held accountable. Whether or not she was profiling him because he was black, THEY DIDN'T HOLD HER until the police showed up. If it were a White Teenage boy assaulted right in front on them on their property, I think it would have been handled differently.

This holds up my opinion that she used the fact that he was black and the reaction and backup she would get from the staff as an advantage. The whole thing is just one big SHIT SANDWICH. And at the end of the day, race became involved at one point or another.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 12-31-2020 at 08:19 PM.

On cell
    Someone's not having a happy new year.
    https://nypost.com/2020/12/31/miya-p...rrold-jr-case/

What the Hell she just posted screen shots of herself wanted by the NYPD over the assault allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    What the Hell she just posted screen shots of herself wanted by the NYPD over the assault allegations.
    I bet she took all her social media accounts down.
    I believe this is someone who was able to grab pics before she took her account down.

https://heavy.com/news/miya-ponsetto/

. Ponsetto graduated from Simi Valley High School in Ventura County, California, about 40 miles outside of Los Angeles, in 2016. She was a cheerleader when she was at the school, according to photos on a photographer’s website that have now been made private. It is not clear why she was in New York City. Harrold said in his Instagram post that he was told by hotel staff that Ponsetto had been staying at the Arlo SoHo Hotel, but had checked out on December 23.

Online records show Ponsetto was arrested twice in 2020. She was charged on September 1 in West Los Angeles by the California Highway Patrol with driving while her license was suspended and failure to obey traffic lanes. She was previously charged on February 28 with public intoxication after an incident at LAX airport.

Few other details about Ponsetto have been uncovered. She has an Etsy page where she has favorited items including jewelry, masks and iPhone cases. Ponsetto also has an ExploreTalent acting and modeling that appears to be from when she was younger.

Court records show Ponsetto and a man she was living with were sued by a property company in 2019 in Los Angeles Superior Court because they owed $1,250 in rent at their Sun Valley, California, apartment.
    Well Soho Karen has other allegations against her here in California one was a DUI allegation in Los Angeles and a property dispute in Los Angeles County , CA prior to the Assault on the Harrolds.

https://www.etsy.com/people/miyatay?

Here is Miya Ponsetto's profile on Etsy and yes it features Iphone cases.

Point of interest from a local:

Simi Valley is a KNOWN enclave of police from all kinds of departments throughout Southern California. That and Fire Fighting personnel. It's kind of known as the city where they all live. Not saying that she has ties to L.E. but I wouldn't be surprised. Just putting that out there.

On another note, way to represent us, you crazy bitch. Thanks for making us all look like privileged white folk with zero compassion.

Just to give you a taste of Simi Valley:

https://www.laweekly.com/copland/

She's got big problems. I think that she's on probation for her crimes in California. I'm sticking with my first assumption. She wouldn't have did this to anyone who wasn't a minority. She's partly Hispanic, so I'm going to say that she reserves this part of her personality for Black people. I forgot to come back after they outed her.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    On cell
    Someone's not having a happy new year.
    https://nypost.com/2020/12/31/miya-p...rrold-jr-case/
    So that's NOT the person that I've been seeing posted all over social media for the past few days. Way to go fucking social media warriors, you've put someone else in danger and ruined someone else's life and you were wrong. Slow clap. Everybody needs to step away from social media and go get a hobby!!!

DUI, public intoxication...yeah, she was a crazy idiot and hot mess who felt entitled.

https://sports.yahoo.com/police-ve-i...200000991.html
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 12-03-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Had I been there I would have told the cops she appeared more Latino than "White." I hope they charge her with assault but turning every assault into a "white vs black / black vs white" thing only fuels the fire to the masses. The woman is an unhinged, self absorbed, cunt, plain and simple but I don't see a racist assault here. I'll retract my statement if someone can effectively engage in discussion.

Thread Information