Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Mindy Guidry (23) MDS member "Fancypants" lost her battle with cancer

mydeathspace

Re: Mindy Guidry (23) MDS member "Fancypants" lost her battle with cancer

RIP Mindy. 

Thank you for the 3 deaths you submitted.

I wish every SOB who barrages us with hate mail would read this thread.  We did lose some of our own.  Mindys a testatment to the true spirit of the human soul.  The next time some troll comes on here to run their line of BS, let's all direct them here.  We feel, we love, we lose just like everyone else.

I can't fomulate any more thoughts right now.

RIP Mindy.
    I don't enter into mental warfare with morons.  It's immoral and unethical.  They have no ammunition.  AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII  

RIP mindy.

This sucks. I kept hoping for a miracle, but you know that.

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=8380.msg434324#msg434324 date=1182913958]
    I wish every SOB who barrages us with hate mail would read this thread.  We did lose some of our own.  Mindys a testatment to the true spirit of the human soul.  The next time some troll comes on here to run their line of BS, let's all direct them here.  We feel, we love, we lose just like everyone else.

I can't fomulate any more thoughts right now.

RIP Mindy.
    [/quote]

Nicely put, and in complete agreement.

I didn't really know Mindy AKA Fancypants but I did enjoy her posts.  I read every part of her MS. She met Cancer with such strength and determination.  She never let her fear show and had such tremendous support from her family and friends.

I am happy that she is now without pain but so saddened that the people closest to her are just beginning the journey of life without her smile.  How tragic and unfair.  I hope that they can face the future without her with the same resolve that Mindy faced her illness.

Cancer is such an unforgiving disease and it effects everyone!  All of know someone who has lost the battle or is currently in the fight of their lives.  23 is too young to die.  I will pray for her family and her friends and find comfort in knowing that she is at Peace.

It is strange that I find myself saddened by the death of a person I didn't really know.  But this death feels personal to me.  She was one of us. The other deaths that are posted are almost anonymous but not this one.  We feel bad for them but this one hits so much closer to home.  Even though we don't always agree with each other we share this place stretched virtually across the globe.  She was a shining star with a bright future that she never will get the chance to live. 

Life can be so cruel at times!

Kisses and hugs to all of my fellow MDS'ers.  We grieve as one today for Mindy.  May she Rest in Peace!    :kiss3:

[quote author=Morbid Curiousity link=topic=8380.msg433379#msg433379 date=1182883819]
    I think I asked her about her screen name the first day she posted (her name was cancerous then) and she told about it. She was upbeat though saying "I might tattoo my head" and things like that. No complaints.

I think she was always slowly losing the battle. He blogs and posting on here in the MDSLJ thread say so much. Looks like she sold her car recently when she bcame paralyzed from the chest down. Then she was loosing use of her arms.
    [/quote]

:-(

RIP cancerous. You will be missed.

First regular.

No more pain Mindy, Rest in peace xx

I never spoke to Mindy but from what I saw she was a really funny, up beat girl. If anyone needs an Internet MDS karma cuddle just let me know.
    Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.<br />

Damn, :-( :-(
    She carried on like a real trooper, I sure do remember her from the old school when this web-site forum first got put up!
    Could see that she had cancer but would never talk to her about it ;/
    Guess I'd just think she'd survive, I'm shocked she's passed away at such a young age ;/

Prayers for her family &amp; friends...Mindy is pain free now.
    People used to think that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, ...only sometimes the crow brings that soul back to set the wrong things right.<br />

So sad I was wondering about her every now and again. :-(

I read her MDSLJ...so brave.

RIP Mindy.

This is heartbreaking news. Mindy was such a true inspiration, she fought a good fight. And did it with such bravery and class. I remember back when the FM fiasco happened and when I really learned and came to an understanding of what a strong woman she was. She was beautiful, had character and a positive personality.

The world has lost a fine young woman. I feel that we were lucky to have had a part (albeit a small one) of such a courageous persons life and the struggles she fought. She touched more peoples lives than she knows, I'm sure.

I have a 23 year old daughter and I can't imagine the pain the family is going through. She should have been just starting new phases in her life, not ending all of them. What an unfair illness.

RIP Mindy, I know you are pain free now and that you can truly rest in peace. You deserve it after all you have been through. My condolences to the family and friends of Mindy.

i remember her......this is so so so sad.

RIP Mindy. Watch over all of us MDSers!
    <br /><br />

I never spoke with Mindy but I remember reading her posts and thinking how courageous this woman really was. It was like a breath of fresh air reading her posts. Her posts would bring me back down to earth when I was upset about mundane things, and really appreciate what I have. She fought a hard battle with such dignity.

RIP Mindy, you are loved and will always be remembered here at MDS.

RIP Mindy

RIP, Mindy. Your grace in those cruel circumstances is an inspiration.

Wow this is so sad. I thought about her all the time. I had tried to add her as a friend on myspace but forgot to send her a message saying who I was so she didn't add me. I meant to re-do the request but it looks like I'm too late. :-( I was very intrigued by her life. It was so amazing to me how dignified she was in facing her illness. And I would really like to see her profile but I can't!! My age is over 18 and I am logged in...grrrrrrr!!&nbsp; :lol:

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Just something I remembered from some bs post of mine where I was doing the typical e-flirting us members are infamous for.
    (some more than others) :roll:

You can click if you care enough to read the whole convo, but I'm just posting this.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=856.msg30808#msg30808 date=1155795047]
    I can cry right?
    [/quote]

[quote author=Fancypants link=topic=856.msg30814#msg30814 date=1155795578]
    lol some of my neigbors are yanks and they are assholes! :|&nbsp; Crying is not acceptable unless you are hurt or someone close died.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

it's okay to cry, ron.&nbsp;

&nbsp;

I didn't know Fancy very well, but we PMed a few times and I admired her for her courage, spirit, and unbelievable stamina. I often checked to see if she had been in and posted because she was such an inspiration.

When I thought of her I thought of Gilda Radner. They both faced adversity with a great deal of grace, dignity, and spunk refusing to just sit back and let life end without a fight.

Fancy took cancer by the horns and threw it to the ground and never gave up. I wish I could have known her outside of the web and been there for her in RIL.

RIP Fancy (Mindy) give 'em hell where ever you are!

From Mindy's CaringBridge page:

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:11 PM CDT

Funeral Arrangements
    ----------------------------------
    Saturday, June 30, 2007
    Mothe Funeral Home
    7040 Lapalco Blvd.
    Marrero, La. 70072

Visitation for all friends and family from 9:00 to 1:00
    Chapel Service from 1:00 to 2:00

Buriel immediately following at Westlawn Cemetery in Gretna, La.

In lieu of flowers, Mindy would have liked for you to make a donation to the American Cancer Society in her name.
    ---------------------------------------

We are extremely heartbroken and regret to inform you that our lovely angel, Mindy, took her last breath around 2am on June 26, 2007, at Tulane University Hospital. She was admitted to the hospital last Thursday and we were told that she would not make it through the weekend. Of course, defying the odds once again, she made it through the weekend and started her journey to heaven Tuesday morning. Her last days were no different than the past 2-1/2 years. She fought hard until the end and was graceful in her fight. Despite the severe pain she was in, she still found the will to continuously smile and entertain her family with her beautiful sense of humor. The pain that our family is feeling at this time cannot be explained and the past couple of days have been extremely difficult while being at Mindy's bedside. Her mother, father, and sister were extremely courageous never leaving her side in her final struggle.

At this time, we would rather focus on Mindy's life instead of her death. Mindy was always very giving and, with that, those around her learned from her example. She gave more to the world in her 23 years than any of us could ever imagine possible. We all imagine Mindy as an angel of God watching over her family and friends, and protecting every child who is battling cancer. Although it is going to be difficult not seeing Mindy, we all see pieces of her everywhere we go. She lit up every room that she entered, and permanently changed everyone for the better. She was truly amazing and will always be with us. Even in her toughest times, the light of her spirit punctured the darkness for everyone to witness.

The following poem gave Mindy the strength to start a new day. She read this daily before she left her room.

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole.
    I thank whatever Gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud,
    Under the bludgeonings of chance.
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.
    Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.
    It matters not how straight the gate,
    How changed with punishments the scroll.

I am a master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

~William Ernest Henley~

http://www.caringbridge.org/me/mindy/index.htm

No one lives near NOLA anymore do they?&nbsp; It'd be nice if we could send an MDS rep. to her visitation...

[quote author=red01angel link=topic=8380.msg435876#msg435876 date=1182983380]

No one lives near NOLA anymore do they?&nbsp; It'd be nice if we could send an MDS rep. to her visitation...
    [/quote]

Or even flowers.&nbsp; If everyone that posted in this thread kicked in a few bucks, we would have the most bitchin' flowers to send.
    It shouldn't be too hard, if someone has a paypal account.

Joe and I are going away tomorrow night, or I'd agree to take it on -- anybody else?

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=8380.msg435931#msg435931 date=1182985448]
    Or even flowers.&nbsp; If everyone that posted in this thread kicked in a few bucks, we would have the most bitchin' flowers to send.
    It shouldn't be too hard, if someone has a paypal account.

Joe and I are going away tomorrow night, or I'd agree to take it on -- anybody else?
    [/quote]

Or a donation to the American Cancer Society....that's what the family's requesting...

So should we try and do one great donation, or many small ones.
    It seems that one great one would have more impact, but monetarily, it doesn't really matter.

I just can't stop thinking about her.
    And what a complaining, weak, bitch-ass I can be much of the time.
    I wish I had let her know how much I admired her when she was here.

And now she isn't.

I'm really liking the donation idea.&nbsp; Even if people threw 5 bucks, if that's all they could afford.&nbsp; It'd be nice.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=8380.msg435938#msg435938 date=1182985819]
    It seems that one great one would have more impact, but monetarily, it doesn't really matter.

And now she isn't.
    [/quote]

I think sending her something on behalf of MDS is a fantastic idea.&nbsp; Let me know how and where I can donate.

and she knows.&nbsp;

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=8380.msg435938#msg435938 date=1182985819]

And now she isn't.
    [/quote]

I know.
    It's at times like this when I hope there's a Heaven because I'm sure she'd be there.&nbsp; Mindy deserves SOME kind of reward or a life so well lived..

Circumstances like these make me so angry at people who commit suicide...if only she could have traded bodies with one of them...

Thread Information