Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mindy Guidry (23) MDS member "Fancypants" lost her battle with cancer

Re: Mindy Guidry (23) MDS member "Fancypants" lost her battle with cancer

I know this sounds trite considering the gravity of everything, but I am reminded of a recent "What About Earl" episode, that I so happened to catch.

It was essentially about a gentleman that passed away, long story short, the main characters found out the about large number of lives he touched just from those he socialized on the Internet with.  All of which came to a special memorial for him, and those who couldn't be there were present courtesy of a webcam.

When I saw that episode, I actually thought of fellow MDS Members.  I spend 5 days a week, 8 hours a day (of course working in between) checking in on MDS and have honestly felt a connection with alot of you.  Its a great feeling to know that you have made friends and met people all over the country, who share your interests and sometimes warped sense of humor.  You don't realize how apt you are to share usually personal stories, or the amount of time you spend engaging and bonding with individuals who sometimes are in different countries than yourself.

I am sure Mindy felt that way about the fellow MDS people that she grew to love on here.  I appreciate all of you that I have grown to know, you all have something unique about you that is great.  It is said that Mindy loved this site, and I can see why.

I wish I would have spent more time in the MDS LJ and got to know her.  Upon seeing her MySpace, with her Cyanide and Happiness cartoon is enough to show she is a cool broad.  Damn, 23 is young. I don't want to muck up Mindy's thread with any bad words, but f*ck cancer. 

From MDS LJ:  Mindy's feelings on being posted on MDS.

Fancypants
    I'm still fancy.

[applaud] [smite]

Re: The MDS Livejournal
    « Reply #1823 on: May 31, 2007, 01:53:37 am » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,
    More bad news, la de da.  Fuck.  Haven't looked here much, really just wanted to say I'm not dead YET.  Opinions on whether or not I should put something on myspace saying it's okay for me to be posted here?  I have posted that fact here so maybe that's enough.  So many people won't understand but I do and you guys will, really that's all that counts.  I'm my contribution to MDS,  lol sorry I'm not more interesting.  I'll try to do some crazy stuff from now on, just to stir things up.  Delivery date for new computer is freakin tomorrow, hopefully I'll still be able to use my arms for a little while after I get it or what a fucking waste of money huh?  I might cry just b/c of that.....shallow yes but I do not care.  I will be however I want to be.  Anyway I am in a weird mood cause I should be sleeping.  Good night all, I hope things are going better on your end.  I'm not gonna get all preachy but I do want to say fuck people who park in handicapped spaces when they are not.  That shit pisses me off.  K, nite nite. 

~F

One Final Hug Fancy

:-(
    RIP Mindy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Re: Mindy Guidry (23) MDS member "Fancypants" lost he battle with cancer

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=8380.msg433592#msg433592 date=1182889401]
    Mindy is the third MDSer to be listed here.  Sadly, we have experience in these threads.
    [/quote]

she is the third mds member who's dead?  :|

rip. i never saw her on mds myself, but she must have been amazing. in every way. i hope you're in a better place right now! take care for the rest of us  :-)

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

Such a beautiful and brave young woman.&nbsp; The fact that she's no longer in pain is comforting, the fact that this world has lost such a beautiful soul is heartbreaking.&nbsp; RIP &quot;Fancypants&quot; Mindy

this really irks me man. i thought she was doing fucking better.
    i had no concerns, i wish i would have reached out and let her know how strong she was. i just let her be.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

There's really nothing you can do. It just happens this way. But I'm sure she knew that she had people here who cared, and take comfort in that you were among them, hun.
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

'I have to wake up mom to move me around and I feel bad for her not ever getting rest.'

In pain and still concerned about other people. That line touched me.

Olivia

This is just the saddest news ever to wake up to. Not much else can really be said but I truly hope Mindy rests in peace.&nbsp;

23 is just too damn young to go!Rest in peace Mindy!I know in your short life you touched so many people!At least now she is finally out of pain!

[quote author=hlw1214 link=topic=8380.msg433732#msg433732 date=1182895755]
    23 is just too damn young to go!Rest in peace Mindy!I know in your short life you touched so many people!At least now she is finally out of pain!
    [/quote]

I agree. 23 is FAR too young. No bad things can be said about her; she just seems so inspirational.

If a troll does invade this thread, I will personally smite their asses myself, so anybody lurking, don't even fucking think about it.

[quote author=red01angel link=topic=8380.msg433389#msg433389 date=1182884080]
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way cancer tends to work..at least in my limited experience..
    [/quote]

What a heart breaker.&nbsp; She seemed so strong and positive.&nbsp; A real inspiration for people with REAL cancer.

Red, it all depends on what type, stage and grade the cancer is.&nbsp; Certain types are harder or impossible to treat.&nbsp; At diagnosis sometimes the cancer is wide spread or sometimes it is well contained.&nbsp; Her type of cancer is a cancer of the cartilage which the human body has a lot of.&nbsp;

My husband is a cancer patient (bladder cancer) and since his diagnosis November 2006 life has been a roller coaster.&nbsp; Whether his outcome is good or bad I hope he can handle the situation with as much class as this lovely lady did.

RIP Mindy.&nbsp; Your courage and beauty reached far deeper than the ocean and higher than any star visible from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

[quote author=Morbid Curiousity link=topic=8380.msg433351#msg433351 date=1182883100]
    Makes the fake cancer all the more evil, doesn't it? How dare someone pretend to have such a horrible thing for attention. She never seemed to beg for attention, she was very matter of fact.
    [/quote]

Sure does MC.......I'll still never understand why Monkey girl lied about something so serious! It just may come back to haunt her someday.&nbsp; So be it........the power of positive thinking.

RIP Fancy
    :(

I didn't know her personally.But from every ones comments on here, she seemed like a really cool person who had a positive outlook on life. She will definitely be missed.
    _Emilee_

I never had the pleasure of knowing her and I wish that I did.
    She sounds like a lovely lady who was brave through her battle right up to the end.

Rest in Peace Mindy aka FancyPants.

&nbsp; I am completely humbled by her strength and attitude.&nbsp; RIP Mindy,&nbsp; I didn't know you but I will certainly be a better person because of you.&nbsp;

I remember thinking how wonderfully upbeat and positive she seemed, while many people going through chemo would have hidden their hair loss under a hat or wig, Mindy seemed to revel in it, painting her head in bright colors. She had my admiration from that point on.

RIP, Mindy. You have set a wonderful example of what it is to be brave.
    <br /><br />I guess I&#39;ll never understand.

damn
    With The Sureness Of Sleepwalking.

I have to say, I was fortunate to have known her, even if it was just on line.&nbsp; She was always so positive about everything.&nbsp; She was truly an inspiration.&nbsp; I am going to miss her very much.
    RIP Mindy
    <br />Petulance...it&#39;s a bitch.

Her bulletin about having to sell her new car was very, very sad, because it signified she was getting worse rather than having the miraculous remission/recovery we had all hoped her to have.&nbsp;

In contrast to so many of the Darwin-worthy candidates we see on this site, Mindy's passing is a true loss to humanity.&nbsp; She faced cancer head-on in a very realistic manner and never sought sympathy or pity.&nbsp; Her strength and courage through the few months I encountered her were, for lack of a better word, awe-inspiring.&nbsp; Her fortitude in the face of her illness makes me feel guilty for daring to complain about a headache, when Mindy complained so little under such devastating circumstances.&nbsp; I used to become saddened reading her MDS LiveJournal entries when she would vent her anger, and then return a day or two later to apologize for it.&nbsp; She was a woman who owed no apologies for anything.&nbsp; Period.&nbsp; &nbsp;

RIP Mindy...I hope your story inspires other cancer patients to never give up the fight.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Damn.

She posted a bulletin not too long ago on MS.&nbsp; She was a cool chick, and very courageous.

She ate fucking cancer for breakfast.&nbsp; I thought she would beat this shit.&nbsp; I'm glad that I got to know her, even if it was a little.

RIP Mindy, I hope you are in a better place.&nbsp;

[quote author=Budweiser Drinker link=topic=8380.msg434205#msg434205 date=1182909057]
    Damn.

She posted a bulletin not too long ago on MS.&nbsp; She was a cool chick, and very courageous.

She ate fucking cancer for breakfast.&nbsp; I thought she would beat this shit.&nbsp; I'm glad that I got to know her, even if it was a little.

RIP Mindy, I hope you are in a better place.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I hope that when my time comes, I can face it with the dignity and bravery that Mindy did. She faced death and had the courage to live in spite of it.

RIP Mindy&nbsp;

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=8380.msg433465#msg433465 date=1182885883]
    This was the hardest death I have posted.&nbsp; Forgive me if I didn't think about premium or non.
    [/quote]

thank you so much,
    Mindy is an incredible person.&nbsp; Ive read throughout all this thread and her posts.&nbsp; I wish I would have been blessed to know her better.

so sorry Mindy

Thanks DBD.

RIP Mindy.&nbsp; I didn't know you but it seems that you touched everyone you met here.

Thread Information