Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mindy Guidry (23) MDS member "Fancypants" lost her battle with cancer

Mindy Guidry (23) MDS member "Fancypants" lost her battle with cancer

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007...le_with_cancer

Thanks, Day. I will try and let you know what her family says. I hope we can do something. No obit as of yet unless you guys can find it.

R.I.P. Pretty girl.

Donate to the American Cancer Society in Mindy's honor!

roflcopter pilot Mr. Formaldehyde's Avatar

Re: Mindy Guidry (23) MDS member "Fancypants" lost he battle with cancer

that was quick.

so sad. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Formaldehyde
    errrr...you got a towel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_XO
    no, I got a face though.

She's such a courageous, wonderful girl!  I know I'm going to miss her 

Mindy was an inspiration.  It was hard to grasp the fact that she was at death's door because she was always upbeat and positive, no matter what the situation.  RIP Mindy, your life was short but I know that your spirit touched many.

How awful.
    I never really talked to her but I did read a few of her post on the MDSLJ. She seemed like such a wonderful person. I really wish I had got to know her.
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=8380.msg433343#msg433343 date=1182882869]
    Mindy was an inspiration.&nbsp; It was hard to grasp the fact that she was at death's door because she was always upbeat and positive, no matter what the situation.&nbsp; RIP Mindy, your life was short but I know that your spirit touched many.
    [/quote]

Heh, remember trying to get to the bottom of the FM thing with her?

[quote author=red01angel link=topic=8380.msg433348#msg433348 date=1182882993]
    [/quote]

Makes the fake cancer all the more evil, doesn't it? How dare someone pretend to have such a horrible thing for attention. She never seemed to beg for attention, she was very matter of fact.

Re: Mindy Guidry (23) MDS member "Fancypants" lost her battle with cancer

What an amazingly strong person.
    I remember during the fortune monkey drama how she was battling cancer and NEVER ONCE trotted out her cancer as a reason for attention or sympathy. &nbsp;I wish I could say the same for some other pieces of shee-eyte.

RIP sweet, strong lady.

[quote author=red01angel link=topic=8380.msg433348#msg433348 date=1182882993]
    [/quote]that's around the time that I got to know her although I wasn't in on figuring out FM's lies.&nbsp; She certainly had a great sense of humor; however, I know that it enraged her especially that FM lied about having cancer.

[quote author=Morbid Curiousity link=topic=8380.msg433351#msg433351 date=1182883100]
    Makes the fake cancer all the more evil, doesn't it? How dare someone pretend to have such a horrible thing for attention. She never seemed to beg for attention, she was very matter of fact.
    [/quote]
    Absolutely..
    When all that ridiculous shit went on, she made a point of clarifying her own situation, making sure no one thought she was insincere...
    A remarkable human being
    RIP Angel Mindy
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

RIP FancyPants. We'll miss you.

She WAS very matter-of-fact about her health. Like &quot;this is how it is, so be it.&quot; I didn't realize for a long time that she was sick. She didn't wave it like a banner because she had other things to offer.

Bye, Mindy.&nbsp; :-(

A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=8380.msg433354#msg433354 date=1182883157]
    that's around the time that I got to know her although I wasn't in on figuring out FM's lies.&nbsp; She certainly had a great sense of humor; however, I know that it enraged her especially that FM lied about having cancer.
    [/quote]

Seriously.&nbsp; Mindy was the one who called her on out the technical info.

I seem to remember her telling us about someone else on another website who had lied about having cancer...though it was a more intricate, longer lived, and more damaging lie than FM would ever be intelligent enough to tell...
    Assholes.

Why would someone fantasize about that? By her posts, Mindy's made it clear that dying from cancer is nothing to be romanticized...
    I'm glad she's not in pain anymore.

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=8380.msg433361#msg433361 date=1182883346]
    RIP FancyPants. We'll miss you.

She WAS very matter-of-fact about her health. Like &quot;this is how it is, so be it.&quot; I didn't realize for a long time that she was sick. She didn't wave it like a banner because she had other things to offer.

Bye, Mindy.&nbsp; :-(

[/quote]
    I didn't realize she was actually sick, either -- even when she was bald and her name was 'cancerous'. &nbsp;That is the kind of personality she had -- upbeat, and positive -- definitely not a 'whoa is me' type girl. &nbsp;I wish I had that kind of strength.

I can't say I remember her much, I think she was before my time for the most part, but just the fact that her last time on here wasn't even ten days ago is sort of a shock.

When did she disclose her illness? And how did she go from managing the illness to losing the fight so quickly?

Rest In Peace, hun.
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

Rest in Peace Mindy

The way you handled yourself, your situation and your illness - was so impressive.

I don't remember her personally but she sounds like she was an amazing person. Sorry to hear of this. RIP Mindy

Nooo.

Not fair.&nbsp; Man, I'd always check on her, just to see her login date.&nbsp; I wouldn't bug her with tons of PM's or anything, but just wanted to check on her.

Ron's going to be broken hearted.&nbsp;

SHE is the type of person people should aspire to be.&nbsp; She NEVER complained, NEVER tried to make any of the conversations on here about her or her problems.&nbsp; She was sweet, matter of fact, positive, god the list could go on.&nbsp; This is a shame.&nbsp; Absolutely.

RIP Mindy&nbsp;

[quote author=Mr. Blue Sky link=topic=8380.msg433368#msg433368 date=1182883520]
    I can't say I remember her much, I think she was before my time for the most part, but just the fact that her last time on here wasn't even ten days ago is sort of a shock.

When did she disclose her illness? And how did she go from managing the illness to losing the fight so quickly?

Rest In Peace, hun.
    [/quote]

I think I asked her about her screen name the first day she posted (her name was cancerous then) and she told about it. She was upbeat though saying &quot;I might tattoo my head&quot; and things like that. No complaints.

I think she was always slowly losing the battle. He blogs and posting on here in the MDSLJ thread say so much. Looks like she sold her car recently when she bcame paralyzed from the chest down. Then she was loosing use of her arms.

Rest In Peace, hun.
    [/quote]
    I don't think she ever made a situation out of disclosing her illness. &nbsp;Her name was 'cancerous' and she was bald in her avatar, but she would casually mention it in conversation as in 'yeah, I went for treatment this morning' -- it was never a big deal.

We had another member that lied about having cancer back about 9 months ago and Mindy was angered that someone would lie about something so serious, when she never complained at all.

i loved mindy. &nbsp;she was so sweet and funny. &nbsp;i remember during the FM BS that she had been mislead by another girl who said she had cancer and had become close to her...she felt so betrayed when she found her out. &nbsp;i can't imagine what it's like to suffer through such a horrible disease and know there are assholes out there PRETENDING they are dying for attention! &nbsp;

mindy was a tough cookie. &nbsp;she was a beautiful girl, inside and out. &nbsp;i hope her family is well. &nbsp;

RIP mindy. &nbsp; &nbsp;

Rest In Peace, hun.
    [/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way cancer tends to work..at least in my limited experience..

[quote author=Morbid Curiousity link=topic=8380.msg433379#msg433379 date=1182883819]
    I think I asked her about her screen name the first day she posted (her name was cancerous then) and she told about it. She was upbeat though saying &quot;I might tattoo my head&quot; and things like that. No complaints.

I think she was always slowly losing the battle. He blogs and posting on here in the MDSLJ thread say so much. Looks like she sold her car recently when she bcame paralyzed from the chest down. Then she was loosing use of her arms.
    [/quote]

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=8380.msg433382#msg433382 date=1182883887]
    I don't think she ever made a situation out of disclosing her illness. &nbsp;Her name was 'cancerous' and she was bald in her avatar, but she would casually mention it in conversation as in 'yeah, I went for treatment this morning' -- it was never a big deal.

We had another member that lied about having cancer back about 9 months ago and Mindy was angered that someone would lie about something so serious, when she never complained at all.
    [/quote]

Jesus, to soldier on like that and to fight the fight and be so stoic about it. I bet the last moments of her life, the ones where she knew that this was it, she faced with a calm and understanding that most could only wish for. She probably thought that in the end, the illness may have won the battle for her body, but lost the war for her soul. Her soul is in every post, every memory, and every thought of those who knew her personally or not.

And the way I see it she'll find her way back and be apart of the lives of many others, and maybe knowing deep down what it means to fight hard till the end, and sharing that gift with others who need it.
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

RIP&nbsp;

anyone who wasn't familiar with her should go back and read her posts. &nbsp;there is something we can all learn from mindy and take with us. &nbsp;she was so brave. &nbsp;

[quote author=red01angel link=topic=8380.msg433389#msg433389 date=1182884080]
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way cancer tends to work..at least in my limited experience..
    [/quote]

One of my best friend's mother had a second battle with cancer (she was a breast cancer survivor) and when it came back it was aggressive in the sense that it was hard to treat but it moved slowly. It went into her lungs, stayed there for awhile (she actually was doing rather well with treatment) and eventually went into her spine, and her liver (and when it hits that, that's it folks.)

It moved like a siege tower, slowly moving towards each objective, but unstoppable.

Thread Information